[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point is a game trying too hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: haterade.jpg (308KB, 2953x1969px) Image search: [Google]
haterade.jpg
308KB, 2953x1969px
At what point is a game trying too hard?
>>
>Tamer Postal

I don't know, but Hatred ain't it
>>
>>387383120
postal was trying too hard the first two times, and then not hard enough the the third
>>
>>387384147
The only tryhard Postal is 1. Postal 2 might as well be the vidya equivalent of a black comedy
>>
>>387383010
>People act like Hatred is going to be the most evil thing since ever
>Its actually tame, and depending on your viewpoint comical
>>
>>387384874
Never played it, but so you're saying the edgiest thing about it are just those close up kills and that's it?
>>
>>387383010
Honestly this game wasn't trying hard enough. The premise and the shitstorm were way more interesting than the actual game.
>>
>>387384959
Pretty much. It's just GTA violence with a black and white filter
>>
>>387383010
this game was hilarious. It's just edgy for edginess sake, and it's pretty well done for what it is. It's not a great game but it's a fun game to pick up every now and then and play with some friends. It doesn't pretend to be something it's not. People seem to think the game actually takes itself seriously.
>>
>what is this fucking code?
>>
>>387384147
>>387384653
Postal 1 did good job of making me feel bad about killing people with the screams and moans from the civilians.
>>
File: thumbnail_22317.jpg (62KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_22317.jpg
62KB, 400x300px
>>387386123
THAT IS WHAT I WANT AND YOU WILL TELL ME
>>
>>387386002
whoever does their marketing was intent on portraying it as a serious game.
>>
>>387386474
their marketing Strategy was to build and then Ride the controversy Train all the way to money city
like hell, the game is 'banned' in Australia, but in reality the Devs told steam to not release it in any country where "it might be a problem"
so you cant buy it off of Steam in Australia and I think Germany as well
>>
>>387383010

In which regard?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.