[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Forces = BOOSTSHIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: boostshit v5.png (447KB, 1370x609px) Image search: [Google]
boostshit v5.png
447KB, 1370x609px
Boostshit is NOT suitable for 3D platforming. In 3D sections, all you do is boost through a cinematic experience with smartphone endless runner controls:
>jump/crouch
>dash left/right
>get sent to fuck off to a 2D section for actual platforming

Any 3D platforming in a bost game is automated
>hoaming attack chains
>trampoline chains
>rails
>quicktime events (QTE)
All the significant """""gameplay""""" as modern sonic happens in 2D sections. Forces will be no exception to this.

The only games where Sonic was fully in 3D were:
>Adventure1/2
>Heroes
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>06. if you hate this one you are a grumptard btw.

You had true control in 3D space with a level of accuracy boostfags could only dream of. In Adventure1/2, you could do so many cool things with
>spindash+jump
>bounce bracelet
>directional influence while on air

Since SEGA will not make Adventure 3, we'll have to hope for a fan game that gets noticed by SEGA.
>reverse engineer SA1/2 physics engines
>remake all SA1/2 stages on it
>have more custom stages
>have big youtubers do lets plays of it
>with big traffic, it will eventually get seen by SEGA
>if it's a big success, they will get hired to make SA3 like that faggot who made Mania (a glorified romhack)

---------------------------
[Attention to BOOSTFAGS who hate Adventure style]
FUCK OFF. You never liked Sonic. Boost games = temple run controls.
>What is wrong with the Boost formula movement/physics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2XhWSvjMo [Embed]
>B-but in Adventure if you move your thumbstick in any direction while at max speed you will get rammed into the wall/fall off to a bottomless pit!!
git gud faggot, at least the game is not holding your hand like boost games, you have true control over sonic in Adventure.
SONIC SHOULD NOT CONTROL LIKE A CAR IN A 3D PLATFORMING GAME. IMAGINE TRYING TO PLATFORM IN A RACING GAME LIKE MARIO KART.
>>
sonic was never good
>>
Is this pasta
>>
>tfw you weren't born with this autism
>>
Is this Chrischan? Literally blue arms tier autism.
>>
didn't read lol
i liked generations tho
>>
FOLLOW ME
SET ME FREE
JOIN ME AND WE WILL BOOSTSHIT AWAY FROM THE CITY
>>
>>387377654
the Adventure games were dogshit
>>
File: RETCHING RN.jpg (58KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
RETCHING RN.jpg
58KB, 666x666px
/v/ - Sonic Games

There's like thirteen Sonic threads right now.
>>
File: cwc-celeb.png (627KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
cwc-celeb.png
627KB, 750x1334px
>>387377654
chris chan go away
>>
>>387377738
>>387377753
>>387377805
>>387377893
>>387378020
>>387378108
>>387378204
>everyone ignoring the video where he proves his points
hmm
>>
File: 1497934523803.jpg (7KB, 256x190px) Image search: [Google]
1497934523803.jpg
7KB, 256x190px
>>387379271
>(embed) [Embed]
>>
>there are people who unironically want more sonic team sonic games when they have proven to be nothing but inept for multiple decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZgk8gJc6g
>>
>>387381187
This looks shit as an actual game though, it's way too horizontal and spread out.
>>
>>387381187
stop shilling this shitty game. I played it and it's garbage. It's fine as a sandbox game but something like this would never work in a real Sonic game
>>
isn't turning instantly more casual since you don't have to compensate for anything
>>
>>387381246
If they fix level design it will beat current 3d sonic

>>387381384
That's because of how retarded sonic games in 3d have become people just don't realize that it can get much better.
>>
>>387381582
You have to compensate for yourself and the speed you're travelling at. You shouldn't try to just label things as casual so freely.
>>
>>387381246
>>387381384
Isn't this just the tech demo? I heard the actual levels would be more linear
>>
>>387381803
hmm I don't feel it
>>
>>387381905
If they do fans will have beaten Sonic team at their own game for the third time in a row.
>>
Giving the player an extra mechanic to manage, such as deceleration, is the opposite of "for casuals".

Having your character suddenly dart towards whatever direction the player presses is for casuals and something that amateur devs who are just making babby's first video game project tend to do over industry veterans.
>>
>>387381246
>>387381384
I think to show off how the game controls it's fine, having big open areas helps make you feel fast. As long as there isn't some retarded shit like "Find the emerald hidden in this tiny part of this massive level" it''ll probably be fine if they add more stuff and shrink it down a bit.
>>
>>387379271
>he
We know it's you, OP.
>>
I agree that SA1 sonic handles very well (glitches aside) and is the best 3D controlling sonic in terms of momentum and physics but literally all 3D sonics from SA2 onwards have handled/controlled like dogshit until boost was introduced
>>
>>387381905
The OP explained it fine and has plenty of solid examples even if it's a bit extreme (I should just say autistic since /v/ understands that word better) in it's wording and presentation.
>>
How has it been like 2 months since I last saw this thread and OP still hasn't figured out how angles work?
>>
>>387383796
because he is an autistic sperg. He will continue posting this same shitty image with little to no modifications until the day he dies. If anything it will just get more autistic as time goes on.
>>
>>387383796
>angles
did you even watch the video? Or are you so dumb that you said angles when you meant to say something else?
>>
>>387381187
Sonic Utopia just doesn't work as a real lengthy game.

The final result would just be the 3d part of the Sonic Unleashed stages, but even more limited.
And of course idiots will continue to shill the game (if it's finished one day) and trash boost games.
>>
>>387384083
Actually, I don't give a shit about whatever OP's actually talking about, I'm just talking about how his image implies that a 90° turn and a 120° degree turn can somehow end up with you moving in the same direction.
>>
>>387377654
So would classic sonic also be better if you instantly went full speed when you turned around? It would mean you have "full control" over Sonic, after all
>>
Both control schemes are shit. It makes no sense to instantly be able to change direction preserving all momentum, but whatever they did in "boostshit" games doesn't look right either.
>>
lel, the OP doesn't use his actual voice in the video, probably because he knows everyone would be able to spot the obesity and autism within a fraction of a second.
>>
>>387382071
>>387381187

Add a small bit of platformer and the shit will break fast.

Of course momentum and speed feels great when all you have its open empty areas. but Sonic is suppose to have more than that and I can fucking bet you it'll be as shitty as any 3D game when they do.
>>
>>387384470
You get stopped in Adventure games if you change to the opposite direction. What he's talking about is something that can't be portrayed in a 2D game, or at least Sonic specifically since you only go forwards and backwards/left and right.
>>
>>387377654
>06. if you hate this one you are a grumptard btw.
I realize this post is mostly bait but tired is objectively wrong. The game is awful and not fun.
>>
>>387384413
You really are retarded. Look at the picture better, dumbass
>>
>>387384979
Ok. I see an instant 90° turn correctly marked and a realistic 90° turn incorrectly marked as a 120° turn. Maybe one day you'll learn how math works, OP.
>>
>>387384979
Not him but you're retarded.
>>
>SA1/2 Physics
I bet you also hated momentum in the 2d games.
>>
File: Awakentheclassicfags.png (4MB, 1680x946px) Image search: [Google]
Awakentheclassicfags.png
4MB, 1680x946px
>>387377654
Awaken my Masters!
>>
File: sonic rush cover.jpg (70KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
sonic rush cover.jpg
70KB, 500x441px
>>387377654
Would it be okay if boost is restricted to 2D games though?
>>
>>387379271
Okay OP
>>
>>387385134
Friendly advice here, I agree with you 100%, but I've had this conversation with this retard and I just thought I should warn you that it leads nowhere. He will never understand what you are saying, and he is so assblastedly defensive about his position that all you will accomplish is getting him to call you retarded several times.

In his retarded mind, "turn radius" means the angle between Sonic's physical position one second before and after sonic turns. So even though Sonic has turned 90 degrees in both scenarios, the fact that one carried the momentum of his forward movement, he is displaced on the y axis. Of course OP is too retarded to notice that his 1 second before and after method is arbitrary, as the angle of the line he is measuring gets infinitely closer to a perfect 90 degree turn the longer you wait after the turn to make the measurement.

And of course the entire thing is meaningless, because whatever the case may be the games are both designed around their particular movement schemes, so neither is really wrong, and he should instead be focusing his energy on arguing against the level design of boost games as opposed to the turn radius. But he won't, because he has brain damage.
>>
File: 1502830251937.jpg (55KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
1502830251937.jpg
55KB, 480x542px
>>387385508
>The mask
>>
>>387381187
I hope these guys get the Mania treatment.
Modern Sonic's visual design is so shit, everything looks like UE4 assets. This is very stylized and nice. Short Sonic > Lanky Sonic as well, Sonic works best as a silent, but sarcastic protagonist. The Snarky Sonic from Adventure onwards is so fucking annoying, who likes him other than DeviantArt Sonicbabs?
>>
File: Angles...how do they work.png (2KB, 281x367px) Image search: [Google]
Angles...how do they work.png
2KB, 281x367px
Let me just drop this here.
>>
>>387377654
These games would be better if there was no boost mechanic. I actually enjoy sonics controls in unleashed if it was in an open world, open field kind of game.
>>
Sonic Colors is still one of my favorite games because of the boost and the segments that where intentionally designed for it. I wish generation wasn't so slippery when it came to controls

Eat my ass
>>
File: 1370925129566.jpg (34KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1370925129566.jpg
34KB, 500x383px
>>387385508
>& Knuckles
>>
So these are all an elaborate joke right? The glitch ridden fuck fest that is 2006 ever being called good.
>>
>>387386157
show me where in the OP it says that's a 90 degree angle
>>
>thinks this is true
>probably believes that Mario 64 is 10/10 GOTYAY and it does the same fucking curve to right shit controls BS
I really wish modern gamers would understand their childhood games were shit.
>>
>>387388549
Nigga I'm on your side. OP is retarded.
>>
>>387377654
>>hoaming attack chains
>>trampoline chains
>>rails
>>quicktime events (QTE)

Are you retarded, all of those things are in SA1/2
>>
Left side is lazy game design that forces the player to adjust his analog positioning to acomodate sonic's aceleration. It feels cheap and amateur. Leads to constant accidental death by straying abruptly from the intended level path.

Right side gives momentum to your movement and feels much weightier and tight, leaving you to concentrate on obstacles that are coming, and you'll feel like your mistakes in the stage were genuine mistimed jumps and turns instead of failed struggles with the controls.

Sonic Adventure ultra fast segments only worked when locking you in place. If they didn't, you'd have to wrestle the shit controls even more like when trying to run through a loop in utopia, which uses the same control style of the adventure games, all the time. It feels janky. Utopia at least doesn't force you to do those things and focuses more on momentum.
>>
So by this logic final fantasy 7 has better movement controls than Mario 64
>>
>>387391297
who the fuck plays final shitasy?
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.