[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WRPG >church is good >final boss is the devil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 6jp3OmG.jpg (48KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
6jp3OmG.jpg
48KB, 600x899px
>WRPG
>church is good
>final boss is the devil
>>
>>387374429
Name three game that does this
and then 3 that dont
>>
File: why odds.jpg (113KB, 704x655px) Image search: [Google]
why odds.jpg
113KB, 704x655px
>>387374429
>JRPG
>Both the church and the devil are evil
>>
>WRPG
>everyone is evil, no one is good
>not even the player character
>>
>JRPG
>church is evil
>god is good

Are there any games with a corrupted church and religion where god has to have you purge all the heretics and reform it?
>>
>>387375197
SMT usually if you consider the Great Will/Axiom to be good
>>
>>387375053
Path of Exile...
>>
>>387375561
Bingo
>>
File: dear god.jpg (16KB, 113x126px) Image search: [Google]
dear god.jpg
16KB, 113x126px
>JRPG
>Church is NOT evil
>>
>>387375197
>>387375561
Act 5 sort of
"""God""" is originally good in lore, becomes corrupted because of the beliefs of his followers, gets killed by you, the player, then comes back very resentful for he evil shit he did and becomes good again as far as we know
>>
>>387375561
Isn't Sin /ourguy/?
>>
>>387375490
YHVH is evil though in every SMT game he's in and the Great Will doesn't do anything except for shitting out messiahs to try to keep humanity in check.
>>
What are RPGs Western or Japanese that portray God as good and AREN'T bad games
>>
>>387375806
>made the beast in the first place (out of the flesh of hundreds/thousands of humans/animals)
>is, for some unknown reason, stealing the powers of all the gods
>is literally the embodiment of Sin in anthro form, and while he does help the player character and help save the day from Kitava, he still isn't exactly a good guy, other than the fact that he supposedly has empathy for humans
>let the beast, his creation, exist for multiple civilizations knowing how fucked up is was and what havoc it wrought, only came out of hiding once someone managed to kill t, and decided to get on the good side of it's slayer
Dude is sketchy as FUCK
>>
>>387376535
I thought the story was like this
>in the ancient times people can ascend to gods, gods are running around being assholes and humans are getting a raw deal
>sin is tired of that shit and creates the beast to lock down all other gods
>the vaal and azmeri tampered with the beast because fuckloads of power, caused the cataclysms
>malachai didn't die properly and tried to gain control of the beast so you go and kill him/the beast
>the beast dies, all gods are free again, kitava is fucking shit up fierce
>you go and murderhobo them to death, kill kitava with some essence or shit from the beast
>sin picks up their souls and gives them to you (the pantheon)
Or am I misunderstanding something? I mean he looks like fucking terrorblade but considering his brother is basically jesus but a major asshole it didn't seem like he would be evil.
>>
>>387377108
You're not wrong, but this also doesn't really answer the questions brought up in my post about how sketchy Sin is.
>>
>>387374864
>JRPG
>the devil killed god and took over the church
>>
>>387375197
Thats kinda the plot of FFXIV Heavensward.
>>
"God" in Japanese games is usually just some really strong guy who exists in the physical world, not a creator.
>>
>>387376507
>AREN'T bad games
>someone gives you a title
>you'll just say that it is a bad game anyway
What's the point of asking this?
>>
>>387377245
being the embodiment of Sin doesn't mean he has to be evil, you could interpret it as being rebellious

also I thought he was himself also locked up by the beast, which is why he appared along all the other gods
and you can't really fault the beast for being dangerous, considering that when it died it took like forty five minutes for kitava to get started ending the world or whatever, as far as I remember it only caused cataclysms when tampered with by the likes of doryani and malachai
>>
File: kornheiser.jpg (23KB, 296x442px) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser.jpg
23KB, 296x442px
>>387374429
>WRPG
>Characters are ugly af
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.