[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tekken thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 81HNE-+Y6WL._SL1500_.jpg (347KB, 1204x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81HNE-+Y6WL._SL1500_.jpg
347KB, 1204x1500px
tekken thread
>>
File: leo-bust.jpg (85KB, 870x926px) Image search: [Google]
leo-bust.jpg
85KB, 870x926px
I refuse to use anyone other than my main until I hit green ranks with her at least
>>
>>387372618
>tfw i cant reach Berserker
>>
Harada is cute.

>>387372618
I heard she's a pretty difficult character. You might want to try others as well to see if there is anybody who's a good fit for you as well, no reason to limit yourself like that.
>>
File: 1496421479_tekken-7-yoshimitsu.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496421479_tekken-7-yoshimitsu.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
where my Yoshi mains at
>>
>>387372884
Want to go back to Kazuya but that requires knowing KBD.
>>
>>387373679
Most people are complete assholes and only use characters that allow them to infinitely juggle people by mashing buttons
>>
I'm loving tekken 7, i tried to main kazuya i'm not bad with him i got him to marauder but i couldn't into wavedashing at all, trying to learn josie now she's pretty good i got her to brawler and just lost a promo match to a guy i had just beaten 4 times in a row before turning it off
>>
File: Lars-tekken7-render-official.png (2MB, 1310x1472px) Image search: [Google]
Lars-tekken7-render-official.png
2MB, 1310x1472px
>>387372431
why is lars so much fun
>>
>>387373976
Try playing more defensively.
>>
>>387373871
Back dashing isn't too hard to learn, i press back twice then slide my thumb over db b repeatedly
>>
>>387372431
Tekken thread? More like Tekken dead! HA! Fuck Harada for not including Julia and Lei.
>>
>>387375391
Returning characters will be free dlc
>>
Trying to learn both Katarina and a fightsick after playing on pad the past few months.
Is there any better feeling than getting a 81 damage combo off a 11 frame CH?
>>
Online monsters. Unless there is serious lag issues, play at least a 3/5. You idiots are not going to get better playing one game at a time.

Also, cancel your fucking intro and outro animations by pressing start you fucking retards. No one wants to see Kuma smash the screen with a fish every fucking time I rematch.
>>
>>387373976
lol trash
>>
>>387373976
All characters have pretty similar juggle combos. Big hit, tailspin move, Big hit off the ground. Thats pretty much all combos unless the wall is involved. In your scrubby opinion, what character can juggle infinitely.
>>
File: 1331689183278.gif (1MB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
1331689183278.gif
1MB, 320x480px
>>387375843
Mash uf4 more Katarina scrub.
>>
Why does luck chloe get so much hate? She's the lkeast boring character in the roster
>>
>>387376532
Bad bait
>>
Niggas can't handle my shit.
My inbox has been full of hatemail for months.
>>
Why do tekken threads never pick up anymore is /v/ full of scubs
>>
>>387377443
Yes. They'd rather bitch about inputs and gitting gud over and over agin.
>>
>>387377630
/v/ lobby when?
>>
>>387377121
I havent gotten any hate mail on steam. Is there something I did to block all messages? I know some of these scrubs I fucked up are mad.
>>
>stuck in brawler
>with xiaoyu
>been weeks

This must be my peak.
>>
>>387377794
Stick with it my nigger.
I'm currently sitting at Destroyer now with my Xiaoyu.
>>
>>387377983

First tekken and it seems like hell to learn everyones moves desu
>>
>>387378354
I'm probably really biased because I've been playing it for nearly two decades, but there's a lot of filler in movelists. Mostly situational stuff that's good to know how to do, but you'll end up using about 20 - 30 of your characters moves at any time. Plus, a lot of stuff is just variations of strings. Different options like high/mid/low enders and shit.
>>
How hard is Tekken to get into for a fighting game novice. Dabbled with Mortal Kombat with friends. And if I got into it how hard is it to transition from pad to stick?
>>
>>387380719
its the hardest fighter to get into
>>
>>387381029
From a purely mechanical standpoint or an all around knowledge standpoint?
>>
>>387381160
both, movement is vastly different from 2d fighters and there are like 100+ moves per character. You have to know which ones are lows and which ones are negative on block so you can react accordingly too.
>>
>>387380719
>transition from pad to stick
you don have to do that
>>
>>387381160
dont listen to that 3rd dan. mechanically the game isn't hard to pick up, there's sidestepping which is situational and there's backdash canceling, the difficulty of which is incredibly exaggerated. movement has been significantly toned down since tag2 and the game is more beginner friendly than it's been in a long time. the difficulty in learning tekken comes from game knowledge, in order to prevent yourself from getting styled on by scrubby gimmicks that don't work against better players you have to know they exist and know how to punish them, and every character has a hundred moves (although most only use a handful of them) so you have to learn every matchup to stop getting abused by things that are punishable.
>>
>>387380719

It's pretty hard because you need to learn a lot of moves from each character in the game. But there are plenty of different characters to choose from. Play Paul or Katarina or any other similar very easy to get into character and just have fun with the game.
Movement is the most important thing in the game and it will take you some time to learn it, but it's much easier to learn movement with characters like Paul than say, somebody like Kazuya whose whiff punisher is pretty hard to pull off in clutch moments.

Also about the pad to stick transition, I switched to a stick in 2010 with SF4 and it took me pretty much a year to get on the same level I was with a pad. However Tekken is much easier to play with a pad than SF4 was. I wouldn't drop $150 on a stick unless you are actually playing these games all the time. Stick requires a lot of time to get used to. Only get one if you actually play fighting games all the time.
>>
Julia and or Michelle fucking when?
>>
>>387381485
You don't even really need to know punishes, as tourneys show us you can win via doing nothing but poking and non-launch-punishes.
>>
>>387381825
Fuck them, lei when? Is anyone else too ashamed to equip bikinis on the fighters? I play a lot with my friends and I don't want to be roasted
>>
>>387375843
whats the trap
>>
File: eliza.jpg (100KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
eliza.jpg
100KB, 1200x675px
>>387382663
the only person with an actual bikini is eliza
>>
>>387377778
you can send messages without friending on psn, most steam users prolly dont bother
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.