[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games about being an industrial strength asshole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: oiligarchy'.png (18KB, 1001x401px)
oiligarchy'.png
18KB, 1001x401px
ITT: Games about being able to build industry, corruption, even heavier industry, ruining the environment for your own gain, and otherwise becoming a monolith for all things "bad"

I have to use Oiligarchy as my favorite example of this, despite it being a flash game, because it really hits the kind of game play I like on the nail. I mean it also teaches good lessons on the influence the oil industry has in the modern world but who cares about that stuff when you're making money?

I'll post some more examples, but I really wanna know if there's other games emphasizing on this kind of stuff and if anyone else has my same kind of interest.
>>
Anno 2070 is another really good one, you know as long as you're playing the only actual faction in the game and not the hippies. The fact that each island has an environmental health meter to smear into the ground and the aesthetics of all the buildings make this one of my favorites too.
>>
Tropico 4, also good as long as you know how to actually run an industrial based island. The politics, I.E. getting updates on how upset the environmentalist party gets and being able to "silence" them, makes it all the more fun.
>>
File: tropico.04.02.lg.jpg (149KB, 889x500px)
tropico.04.02.lg.jpg
149KB, 889x500px
>>387364157
Oops, meant to post this.
>>
File: maxresdefaultww.jpg (853KB, 2560x1440px)
maxresdefaultww.jpg
853KB, 2560x1440px
I'm actually considering getting Factorio because it also satisfies all the needs of fun with industry, hell you even get to attack the local alien wildlife for the sake of harvesting their resources and using the land for more industry.
>>
Self bump
c'mon there has to be someone who shares my interest?
>>
I do I'm just lurking cause you're giving me some fun ideas.
>>
>>387365079
Alright then...
CIV 5, always fun.

I gotta think of some others, was hoping more people would recommend games though.
>>
>>387364631
It's a good bloody choice, because it's a good bloody game. And you can play around with the settings, increase polution effects and production, shit like that.
Mods can add a lot to it you are a maybe more on the autistic side of things.
>>
File: 4FD+_9.jpg (172KB, 630x500px)
4FD+_9.jpg
172KB, 630x500px
Rise of Industry looks good
I mean it's pre-early access on Steam so you never know but the concept is pretty much what I like in a game... although there's a certain joy in playing a game not really meant to be played as an industry tycoon madman and turning it into one. I remember playing competitive Anno 2070 games and everyone tried to tech up and get the best islands with the most technology and I just spread as fast as possible sticking to tier 2 tech and building nothing but iron and coal heavy industry to make fast attack ships and win the game as I just slaughtered the maps environment and smogged everything up. Also I had the money to fuck everyone else up by hiring pirates and buying out their stocks, fun stuff and totally not how you're "supposed to" play.
>>
>>387365273
I was gonna recommend Civ5 but I didn't think that counted. Have you tried Offworld Trading Company? That's a game of resource capturing and fucking your enemies. Like devaluing the value of some new resource they found an heck ton of
>>
>>387365743
I've looked into it actually.
Not much, desu.

Although I'm watching the trailer for Rise of Industry now, looks pretty damn good.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.