[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario Canon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: MARIO WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE.jpg (55KB, 540x398px) Image search: [Google]
MARIO WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE.jpg
55KB, 540x398px
does the Mario series run on any form of Canon or does it run on Low-Degree Continuity?

by "low-degree", i mean the canon is down right ignored, it's just there.
>>
Officially, Mario has no canon. The characters are all actors doing whatever role they need to do for the game. It's why Mario is a happy go lucky adventurer in the platformers and RPGs but gets really serious in sports games. It's why Peach gets kidnapped in most games but still shows a lot of competence in others, mainly the ones where he's playable. It's why Bowser is a snarling monster in platformers, but kind of a goofball on other games. So stuff like the parade at the end of paper Mario, the stage props in SMB3 and Mario adressing the player are all "canon" so to speak.
>>
>>387360465
Also the bloopers from Mario Power Tennis. They're probably the only glance we have at the REAL Mario characters, though it was mostly just Wario, Waluigi and Bowser.
>>
Where are we at with Mii lore?
>>
File: super-mario-bros-3-title-screen.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
super-mario-bros-3-title-screen.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>387360465
>stage props in SMB3
Are you referring to the title screen, or something else?
>>
>>387361104
The title screen, the fact that the backgrounds are all clearly props and the level goal being the backstage. Miyamoto confirmed it was just a stageplay. IIRC, it was the smae interview where he claimed he was Bowser Jr.'s mother.
>>
>>387361305
Miyamoto is Bowser Jr.'s mother?
What the fuck
>>
All we know is that the Paper Mario universe exists in a book within the Mario and Luigi universe.

Which may or may not be the "primary" Mario universe.
>>
>>387361305
>The characters are all actors doing whatever role they need to do for the game
>Miyamoto confirmed it was just a stageplay

The whole thing about the actors wasn't being literal. He was referring to how he can just plug the characters in to whatever role he needs them for. Not that they're canonically actors.
>>
>>387361305
Neat, thanks.
>>
>>387361423
Yes Miyamoto is a woman. I thought this was obvious.
>>
Here's what we do officially know: Mario is the same height as a fire hydrant, 3 feet tall. All those anons trapped in sm64 threads are much different if you think of the whole game as half scale to real life
>>
>>387361423
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu2DnTd3dEo
Fuck Bob-ombs, I guess.
>>
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/14/an-alternative-interpretation-of-canon-in-super-mario/
Hierarchy
>any game that isn't Super Mario Bros. or 3D platformers are relevant
>stuff like RPGs, Land games, Kart, Party, etc. are put to the side for spinoff filler.
>the branches of Mario (see Wario, DK, etc.) is depended
>>
>>387360465
>The characters are all actors

So youre saying that SMB3 is the only canon game?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.