[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Effect 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: ass effect.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ass effect.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>generic lens flare art-style
>combat is absolutely atrocious trash, every enemy is a bullet sponge
>has 100's of weapons, but they all function exactly the same
>the biotic and tech classes aren't fun to use, and soldier is massively overpowered
>'ENEMIES EVERYWHERE I WILL DESTROY YOU YOU MUST DIE GO GO GO I'VE LOST SHIELDS'
>none of the planets are interesting to explore, all just open deserts full of fucking pirates
>the mako handles like a fucking boat
>you either fight retarded pirates, geth, krogan or massively bullet sponged creepers, none of which are interesting
>atrociously buggy gameplay, cutscenes have shit animations
>ashley and kaiden are unbelievably boring characters
>baby-tier handholding dialogue wheel, most of the (((choices))) are just repeats of one another
>black and white morality system which has zero impact on gameplay
>the entire game is pretty much 'go there, fight stuff, put omni-gel here, go back to normandy and chat about it'
>shepard has retarded inconsistencies like being able to sprint at the speed of light and move at running pace while crouched
>the game runs at like 5FPS on console
>literally the DUMBEST plot hole of all time, you spend the entire game searching for the conduit, turns out IT'S JUST A FUCKING TELEPORTER TO THE CITADEL, THE HUB OF THE ENTIRE GAME

Why the fuck was this MASSIVE DISASTER of a shit game so critically acclaimed, and how did it ever get a sequel? Literally the only good aspects to it were that some of the characters were decent, and it has a great soundtrack, that's literally all I've been able to find.

Is it just nostalgia?
>>
>>387356804
Only fedora tipping nu-/g/ likes Mass Effect, they were 6 years old when it came out and think playing an old RPG game makes them edgy. Everyone knows ME1 is dogshit, ME3 isn't bad though, I never played ME2.
>>
>>387356804
>you spend the entire game searching for the conduit, turns out IT'S JUST A FUCKING TELEPORTER TO THE CITADEL, THE HUB OF THE ENTIRE GAME
How the fuck is that a plot hole?
>>
op is like 14 at best
>I DONT LIKE THING HEAR ME ROAR

okay.
>>
>>387357023
>DUDE WHAT IF SAREN GETS THE CONDUIT
>THIS GUY WHO IS A SPECTRE AND CAN GO ANYWHERE HE LIKES ON THE CITADEL COULD USE THE CONDUIT AND GET TO THE CITADEL
>OH NO
>>
>>387357107
>dude u have a different opinion so ur underage
Ok kiddo.
>>
>>387357141
But his Spectre status gets revoked after you expose his conspiring.
>>
File: 1489977060367.png (108KB, 314x298px) Image search: [Google]
1489977060367.png
108KB, 314x298px
>>387356967
>ME3 isn't bad though
>>
>>387357254
Yes and he could have not been such an utter retard about his conspiring and just let the Geth in easy as pie without the conduit like a retard.
>>
>>387356804
>literally the DUMBEST plot hole of all time, you spend the entire game searching for the conduit, turns out IT'S JUST A FUCKING TELEPORTER TO THE CITADEL, THE HUB OF THE ENTIRE GAME
brainlet
>>
I like Mass Effect, replaying OT right this moment
>>
>>387356804
Mass Effect was praised because it was an RPG in the right direction but then they actionized the sequels and the story became shit. It was always flawed but the first Mass Effect game was pretty comfy. The big problem with big AAA RPG games is that choices doesn't matter at all which makes them boring to play.
>>
>>387357460
>Yes and he could have not been such an utter retard about his conspiring and just let the Geth in easy as pie without the conduit like a retard.

The conduit teleported people to a special place within the citadel that hasn't been accessed before, it's also the place where you can control a bunch of things within it, which Saren used to set up the Sovereign attack.
Did you forget the part where most of the Citadel is run by mysterious prothean machines that can't be communicated with?
>>
I agree with all your points OP and yet, I still really like the game.
>>
>>387356804
>doesn't mention on Insanity the immunity/health regen/shield regen makes early-mid combat tedious as fuck
>>
File: 1501251413181.gif (29KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501251413181.gif
29KB, 210x240px
>>387356804
For a so called sci-fi series it was incredibly fucking vanilla and boring. Not once did it ever delve into twisted things or interesting , only once in a fucking dlc but never again. Compared to something like Fallout or FEAR it was really fucking boring.
>>
File: 1501130501885.jpg (15KB, 249x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501130501885.jpg
15KB, 249x300px
>>387356804
You obviously didn't play the fucking game. He didn't need the teleporter to get on the Citadel, he needed it to get his army of Geth on the Citadel. Also i don't think you realize this but being able to instantly transport a army of shocktroopers into the hub of civilization is a pretty big fucking deal. Not that someone who speaks in all caps would have the brain power to understand this.
>>
>>387356804
Honestly it's hella overrated

Cons
>Combat is irredeemable garbage, every level is also packed with multitudes of enemies
>There's a 20,000 word essay detailing how nearly every single element of the interface is straight trash
>Visually has aged incredibly badly
>Voice acting is a mediocre flatline with the rare spike in quality, 80% of dialogue is people explaining the world around them
>None of the choices presented end up mattering in any significant way

Pros
>Has some good ideas, nearly every seemingly insignificant lore detail comes into play in a major way at some point in the trilogy
>Has some fairly interesting and unexpected moral choices on your first playthrough
>You get to flirt with two women and sleep with one of them

There's some good parts, but a half hour of a good game does not justify 19.5 hours of a bad one
>>
Not reading this shit fuck off

Also saged
>>
>>387358538
>be on feros
>some green asari helps you defeat the thorian
>decide you dont like her
>'i cant let you live'
>make her get on her hands and knees
>shoot her in the back of the head
>zero remorse
Is that hardcore enough for you, dreamboy?
>>
>>387359087
>There's a 20,000 word essay detailing how nearly every single element of the interface is straight trash
link
>>
>>387356804
Mass effect was actually never good
>>
>>387359159
http://gamedesignreviews.com/reviews/mass-effect-interface-fail/

The kicker is that a lot of the elements like the face creator only being controlled via sliders have still been in every single game to date
>>
Mass Effect is a great game. The combat is fun and dynamic in its incorporation of TPS and RPG mechanics. The dialogue is fairly comprehensive and almost always well-written. The characters are believable and don't have overly dramatic conflicts. Add onto this an incredible world of races and locales with a dynamite synth-based soundtrack and you have a masterpiece.

But then there's casual garbage like Mass Effect 2...
>>
File: ElijahHolographicScreen.png (111KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ElijahHolographicScreen.png
111KB, 512x512px
>>387359153
I'm not looking to have tasteless edgy fedora shit. But rather be gritty and have some borrowed ideas that Interplay/ Obsidian did who created the best sci-fi rpg series. But what can you expect from something made by faggots who know nothing about firearms which is why everything looked like a plastic nerf toy.
>>
About to replay ME1 for about the 15th time, anyone got any recommendations on how to spice it up a bit? It's been around four years since I last played it.
>>
>>387359902
>But what can you expect from something made by faggots who know nothing about firearms which is why everything looked like a plastic nerf toy.
Man good thing I don't care about petty shit like how my firearms look
>>
>>387360006
I'm sorry you have the shitty tastes of an autistic child.
>>
File: COLOSSUS X.png (483KB, 952x793px) Image search: [Google]
COLOSSUS X.png
483KB, 952x793px
Who here /Colossus X Heavy/?

Used to love using that shit on Shepard, and the bug to make Garrus wear it too, then give Wrex the Rage X armour.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.