[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GIDEON WHERE IS IT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 16

GIDEON

WHERE IS IT?
>>
File: 1442363696821.jpg (1MB, 1897x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1442363696821.jpg
1MB, 1897x1920px
>>387351053
right here
>>
>>387351053
ANSWER US
>>
just use re-miels translation
>>
File: 1442375227157.png (2MB, 1005x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1442375227157.png
2MB, 1005x1029px
come and get some
>>
File: o0204019113609758570.jpg (10KB, 204x191px) Image search: [Google]
o0204019113609758570.jpg
10KB, 204x191px
if you dare try
>>
File: SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT.png (90KB, 626x899px) Image search: [Google]
SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT.png
90KB, 626x899px
>>387351053
See my pic senpai

>>387351291
Re-miels translation doesn't cover Akiras route last I checked. It's also incomplete in a few places But it is way better using that one since you can use it in tandem with the PSX version and not the retarded SNES shit Gideon is giving
>>
File: Alphafrontsmall.jpg (35KB, 327x327px) Image search: [Google]
Alphafrontsmall.jpg
35KB, 327x327px
DON'T THINK I'VE FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS EITHER GIDEON
>>
discord.gg/ub4TFj8

Ask him there and post results asking for updates gets you blocked
>>
>>387351291
Not only is that shit incomplete, it only covers one route, the easiest and non-canon route.
Canon is a mix of the hardest and Akira routes.
The hardest route has a full translated text-based LP here:
https://lparchive.org/Shin-Megami-Tensei-if/

However Akira is untranslated to this day.
Not to mention the mobile-only prequel that's also canon, Hazama Chapter which was meant to be in the original SNES game but didn't make it due to time and rom space limitations so they released it as mobile-exclusive standalone game.

You will NEVER get the complete If... experience.
>>
File: upanga.jpg (73KB, 671x660px) Image search: [Google]
upanga.jpg
73KB, 671x660px
It's not a question of "If", but that we won't
>>
>>387352581
>You will NEVER get the complete If... experience.

Mannn. Atlus could have remade this instead of SJ for fuck sake.
>>
>>387353073
>Atlus could have remade If..., P1, P2, Nine, SMT, SMT2, Majin Tensei, Kyuuyaku, Devil Summoner / Soul Hackers, or even fucking Imagine
>Instead we need a remake of a game that's only 8 years old
>Oh and fuck you, here's two more Persona Dancing games
>>
>>387351804
>>387351992
>tfw 100% of the reason Gideon takes forever to release anything is because he's too caught up in his "testing" meme

IIRC even, with Alpha, the translation was done like 3 years ago and now it's just in his little testbed hell.
>>
>>387353073
Yeah, I don't care much about SMT1 and SMT2 remakes since they're perfectly serviceable the way they are now, but If... seriously needs a full remake including Hazama's chapter.
>>
>>387351053

Oh man, you know that translation team takes their sweet bloody time right? Don't depend on anything. Also I hear "If" is a weak game.
>>
>>387351053
More importantly, when is anyone ever going to finish an English rom of the first Devil Summoner?
>>
Current Projects

3x3 Eyes - Juuma Houkan
Dragonball Z Super Butoden 2
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Ganbare Goemon 2
GD Leen
Gourmet Squadron Barayarou
Heian Fuuunden
Ladystalker - The Apocalypse Engine
Laplace´s Demon
Lord Monarch
Madara 2
Magical Drop 2
Majin Tensei
Majin Tensei 2: Spiral Nemesis
Makaitoushi Sa-Ga
Metal Max 2
Rejoice - Another Aretha Kingdom
Romancing Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei: if...
Slime Morimori Dragon Quest
Solid Runner
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere
Sugoro Quest ++ Dicenics
Super Puzzle Puyo, Too!
Super Robot Wars 4
Super Robot Wars Alpha
Super Robot Wars EX
Super Robot Wars Gaiden
Sutte Hakkun
Yuuyuu Hakusho
Yuuyuu Hakusho: Tokubehuten
>>
File: NEVER EVERMANG.png (416KB, 834x709px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVERMANG.png
416KB, 834x709px
>>387354963
>Yuuyuu Hakusho: Tokubehuten
>Guy can't even finish a fighting game that's just full of names for attacks

I started fucking laughing
>>
>>387354963
Fucking 3x3 Eyes, I've never even considered looking into that series despite seeing the name on the top of every rom list ever.
>>
>>387354752
If isn't a weak game, it's weak in that 2 of its 4 routes are literally incomplete trash that don't give you the full picture, since the game essentially uses routes as difficulty modes and story is locked behind them.
Each of them gives you only 25% of the story, but they share most of the dungeons so it's a painful slog going through the same cancerous SNES-era design dungeons.
>>
>>387354752
I think I remember one anon in /smtg/ tried it in Japanese, and he talked about one chapter in a mine where you had to constantly walk back and forth for an absurd number of ingame moon cycles. Something like an ingame month's worth of walking around. He had other complaints about if... too, but I can't confirm any of it. Regardless, it didn't sound super strong.
>>387354803
There's a translated script floating around somewhere, but other than that, I don't think anyone is working on it. I think the translator anon in /smtg/ said that it would be a massive task to find a hacker and even then actually do what's needed to make a working English rom.
>>
>>387355252
>cancerous SNES-era design dungeons.
Filthy casual.
>>
Are SMTfags feeling especially salty about this just cause Tom finished the Megami Tensei Gaiden translation?

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3160/

It would be nice if he just swooped in and translated the PSX version. I am sick of your shit Gideon
>>
>>387355509
Enjoy going back and forth (and by that I mean around 8 times) the same teleporter multi floor dungeon with invisible walls, rotating floors, conveyor belts, holes in the ground and status and damage effects.
If you find that cancerous shit to be fun then more power to you.
>>
Are the SMT games any good? I played a bit of SMT and the setting/premise/story was really cool. This creepy end of the world and horror vibe. But, sadly, the gameplay didn't really interest me. Persona series is a cute anime version with less apocalyptism and horror so it's just sanitized and boring.

Watched some of the OVAs and they were neat.
>>
>>387355945
Start with Nocturne (SMT3) if SMT1 and SMT2 are too hardcore for you, they're too hardcore for most people really.
If that's also too hardcore, then play the Digital Devil Saga duology, also on PS2.
>>
>>387355945
You could always try Strange Journey, it's the most down-to-earth game in the series.
>>
>>387356039
>are too hardcore for you,

I just don't like Dragon Quest combat, or turn based jrpg style combat period.
>>
>>387356316
>I just don't like Dragon Quest combat, or turn based jrpg style combat period.
Then this series isn't for you. The only one without "Dragon Quest combat" are the Raidou games on PS2 since they're Action RPGs with real time combat.
>>
>>387355310
>meme about hardcore hacker
>no hardcore hackers available
>>
>>387356373
Check out the Raidou games. They are decent hack and slashes with rpg elements like leveling up, getting items, and capturing enemies.
>>
>>387357142
Why the fuck did you reply to my post?
>>
File: 1402001239552.jpg (34KB, 144x273px) Image search: [Google]
1402001239552.jpg
34KB, 144x273px
>>387356601
>Find a hardcore hacker
>Since he's a romhacker he's also a hardcore autist with no sense of time management
>No one else can work on it since it's "his project"
>Ask him for updates
>Gets angry and deletes all progress
>>
>>387357175
damn nigga calm down
>>
>spends all his time crying about trump and crying for money
>never actually gets anything done

the good news about those waiting for majin tensei to one day get done is that the game is fucking garbage
>>
File: 1392307053167.png (25KB, 516x565px) Image search: [Google]
1392307053167.png
25KB, 516x565px
>>387359196
How so? That's disappointing to hear regardless.
>>
>>387353848
http://aerie.wingdreams.net/?p=283
This exists, anon. Take solace
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (223KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223KB, 1600x1200px
How good is pic related? On the PSN store, it costs €7.99 for PS3.
I've never played a SMT game before, but I'm actually in the mood to play some good turn-based combat that requires me to actually pay attention to what's going on and think ahead. I got Resonance of Fate a while ago, so that would be a nice example of what I'm talking about.
>>
>>387359593
imagine these massive maps with tons of points that constantly respawn new enemies to the point where any forward progress is stopped by the massive wave of enemies being thrown at you

if you don't ohko those demons the wave gets worse and worse

your demons will be chewed through so quickly that magnetite won't matter because they'll be dead in no time. they won't help you

wanna win the game? take your two characters and put them on healing points and wait until the spawn points finally run out of things to throw at you.

and with battle animations taking up to 20 seconds, expect to be there for a while

aside from that, the story it does have is non-existent
>>
>>387360137
The difficulty is a bit overblown, but you do have to be careful of elemental weakness and buffs/debuffs if you want to proceed. Due to the way the game's system is, you get more turns if you exploit an enemy's weakness and fewer turns if you hit one of their resistances, etc. Same for enemies: they get extra turns if they exploit your party's weaknesses. It makes things absurdly easy for you if you pay attention and get the first hit. Plus there's a class of optional demons with tons of resistances and good abilities that you might use until endgame, which also makes things easy. I haven't played Resonance of Fate, though, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>387351053
>>387351227
>>387351992
YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO TAKE IT FROM ME STANFORD PINES
>>
>>387360137
i think it was this and the raidou games but i think they had some sort of emulation issue on the ps3? not sure if it's been fixed or not
>>
>>387360259
>aside from that, the story it does have is non-existent
Even in Majin Tensei 2?
>>
>>387360949
never played 2
>>
>>387360137
>>387360891
It hasn't, the game will freeze on you at the final boss I believe, someone with more knowledge of the specifics could inform you but I just emulated it
>>
>>387360682
>I haven't played Resonance of Fate
You've got to at least try it, man. RoF is all about how your characters are positioned and how you plan their movement. Seeing as you accumulate Resonance points (needed to execute a special attack) every time a character passes through a line between other two characters, the game encourages you to maintain a "triangle" between the three characters in a way that you should always be able to move around the arena while racking up Resonance points. That's one of the reasons why you have to think ahead, and also need to pay attention to the environment and how enemies themselves are positioned due to line of sight and bumping into large enemies or obstacles interrupts a character's movement.

Maybe RoF isn't be the best game to compare it to, as SMT Lucifer's Call/Nocturne seems closer to FFX, which I'm also totally fine with. One last question, does this game have a memorable moments or soundtrack? That's one of the most important things tome.

>>387360891
I'll try to look around a bit more. It's being sold as a "PS2 Classic", so any emulation issues are inexcusable.
>>
File: 32434324.jpg (23KB, 225x295px) Image search: [Google]
32434324.jpg
23KB, 225x295px
>>387361829
welp...
>>
>>387361829
They still haven't fix that? What a fucking shame, it was the same with the Raidou games and DDS pretty sure,I think they had MASSIVE fps drops
>>
>>387354963
Thank god Kawazu cucked him out of Romancing SaGa 2.
>>
File: 43103_front.jpg (43KB, 326x480px) Image search: [Google]
43103_front.jpg
43KB, 326x480px
>>387354963
>Blue Wing Blitz will never be on anyone's current projects list
>>
>>387361967
Is it like a tactical RPG, then? Regardless, it sounds pretty cool. Anyway, The soundtrack is certainly distinct. It has its ups and downs, but since I like Shoji Meguro overall, I like it. I'd say it has memorable moments, but I'm biased.
>>
>>387356039
>SMT1 and SMT2
I wish they were remade. I absolutely can't stand the font used in SMT1. It's unreadable.
>>
>>387353073
There's something fucking insane about how lazy Atlus is that way.

The 3DS has more remasters of original Megaten DS games than it does it's own original 3DS Megaten games (DeSu Overclocked, DeSu2 Record Breaker, and Deep Strange Journey vs SMT4 and SMT4A), nevermind the only other Megaten on it is... another remaster (Soul Hackers), but at least that's from the Saturn and never translated.

How the fuck does that happen? The 3DS can even play DS games on it, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>387360949
Majin Tensei II has more plot and is a better game in general with its maps and balance. 1 isn't shit though. It's one of the weakest of the decent SNES/SFC srpgs, but it's still decent. There are also a couple of mobileshit games but I haven't played those, I'm not sure if it's even possible. I don't think there were many japs who even played them, let alone anyone outside of Japan.

The third Majin Tensei game, Ronde, is considered shit by essentially everyone to ever play it. It's so bad it flopped before being released because they were stupid enough to release a demo of it that caused virtually all pre-orders to be canceled.
>>
File: raidouwall.jpg (997KB, 1675x1227px) Image search: [Google]
raidouwall.jpg
997KB, 1675x1227px
>>387355945
There's branching series of Megaten games that nail the same general setting/premise/story with a change in gameplay. The Raidou games for PS2 both take place in early 1900s Japan and are action RPGs where you're essentially a detective outside of combat, so they may be the best place for you to get into it. First game has better story but much worse gameplay, second game's gameplay is a HUGE improvement.

There's also the Devil Survivor games on DS/3DS, which have a SRPG element to them instead of dungeon crawling.
>>
>>387355310
>>387364048
So why exactly could they remaster Devil Summoner 2 for the 3DS but not 1? Both were originally Saturn games.

Is it because 2 had a PS1 version? Is that how they got the assets they needed? But 1 does have a PSP version so it still doesn't make sense that they couldn't localize 1, or that they chose to do 2 but not 1. And if no fan localizers are doing the Saturn version of 1 because Saturn romhacking is too hard, why not at least the PSP version?

Just all seems weird to me.
>>
>>387364764
Japan was the first thought every time. They wouldn't bring the PSP translation out in America because of some asinine Sony restriction that it didn't add enough new stuff to come out in english, even though we never got it in the first place.

Soul Hackers is oddly one of the more popular Megatens in Japan, at least significantly more than any other early SMT or Persona were. Hadn't been a remake of it in a while, so it got the 3DS version, while the PSP one was still relatively fresh.
>>
>>387365975
>Soul Hackers is oddly one of the more popular Megatens in Japan, at least significantly more than any other early SMT or Persona were.

To be fair, it is easily the best of the early first person games. It's a shame the 3DS version got so little attention in the West.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.