[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Mania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Is this game a remake? So far its been nothing but rehashed stages from the old games. I feel a bit ripped off.

Where's the new shit? It's so few and far between. It's like the devs didn't even bother, or they are one of those gatekeeper types of fanboys that hate everything not Sonic 1
>>
SEGA forced them to have more old stages than new.
>>
>>387344482
Sauce? I figured that it was because these people were fans and still green, only knowing romhacking not full game dev. I guess not?
>>
>>387344710
The engine the game is running on is was made from scratch.
>>
>>387344710
All the old stages were re-made from the ground up.
>>
>>387344153
The old levels aren't even the same.
>>
>>387345030
Yeah but its still the same old. I know these dudes like Christan Whitehead at good at remaking an entire games engine from scratch but I was still expecting some more new stuf
>>
WHERE
THE
FUCK
IS
AMY
>>
>>387345496
Brand new ones would still be appreciated. I feel like these devs didn't get to show off their full creativity, maybe Sega stopped them
>>
>>387345554
>Yeah but its still the same old
How so? Can you honestly say with a straight face that you think Chemical Plant Act 2 is ANYTHING like any of the original Chemical Plant? And so on.

Either it's been longer since you played the originals than you remember, or you're shitposting.
>>
Has the PC version leaked yet?
>>
>>387345574
down on her knees like usual
>>
>>387344153
>rehashed
But that's wrong, you fucking retard. All the stages are reworked, and all act 2s are completely new.
>>
Act 1s of ild stages are like remixed versions, with sections of the stages from all old acts

Act 2s are completely new in design, with new enemies/mechanics/assets, it's hardly a rehash.
>>
File: 1502676305710.jpg (82KB, 486x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502676305710.jpg
82KB, 486x400px
>>387344153
Why did you post this thread? Isn't there enough talk about this already? Couldn't you go to one of the other Sonic mania threads? Whats worse is either you really had no idea what this game was supposed to be or you're just pretending to be this naive about it.

>I figured that it was because these people were fans and still green, only knowing romhacking not full game dev.

You're soft baiting.

>Yeah but its still the same old.

come on man, you can't say that with a straight face.

>So far its been nothing but rehashed stages from the old games. I feel a bit ripped off.

You had every opportunity to watch trailers before the game was even leaked to know what it was supposed to be. I don't believe this is a genuine reaction at all.
>>
>>387346507
Calm down autist
>>
>>387344153
>So far its been nothing but rehashed stages from the old games.
Can you play a game for thirty fucking minutes before coming to talk to /v/ about it?
>>
>>387346818
Not him but he just shut your whining ass down and that's the best you can say in response? Sad.
>>
>>387344153
>Where's the new shit? It's so few and far between
Every Act 2 and every boss is completely new. Only the Act 1s of returning stages are remakes.
>>
>>387344153
Just go play one of the other hundred or so romhacks for free.
>>
>>387344153

As someone who grew up on Nintendo and never played a Sonic game till now...

I don't give a shit if they're old stages. I don't even know which ones are old and which ones are new. Except Green Hill Zone, I know that one's old.
>>
387344153 (You)
go fuck yourself you dense motherfucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXturRMOzU4
>>
>>387345574
DLC
>>
File: 1501918972970.jpg (39KB, 665x503px) Image search: [Google]
1501918972970.jpg
39KB, 665x503px
>never played a Sonic game
>it's all new to me
>>
>>387347591

You should play the old games some time to really appreciate how better they made each stage.

They're not really just retouched stages, they're more like new stages with the flavor of the old ones. It's like saying AM2R is a rehash of Metroid 2.
>>
>>387344153
The third zone is completely new. And the old zones have been reworked. Did you even play the game?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.