[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wondering about getting RE Revelations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: resrev.jpg (517KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
resrev.jpg
517KB, 2560x1440px
I really like RE 4 and Dead Space, does /v/ think this is worth playing?
>>
>>387340237
I didn't like it. It was sold to me as a throwback to RE1, 2 and 3 style of creepy corridor survival puzzle game. Instead you get like 50 weapons, 3 assault rifles and 10 million bullets to rambo your way through the entire thing. And the puzzles are shit. Oh but every level is corridors so it's just like classic RE right! Fuck this game.
>>
Definitely. I'm still a little salty how they drastically altered the formula in Rev2.
My only complaint with Rev1 is that your AI partner is programmed to only do minimal damage (like 0.1), so it's only use is as a meatshield.
>>
File: giphy.gif (592KB, 317x232px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
592KB, 317x232px
It's my favorite RE because it's great for on the go. Story is kinda meh like most RE but I liked the setting of boat horror. Fuck that bitch Rachel because I legitimately get paranoid about turning corners and the deathly moans she makes really creep me out.

>mfw see that ass
>>
>>387340237

It's a divisive game. It reportedly aimed to be a return to horror for the series but in reality it's more like RE4 took a few more glances at the series past than it already did. The end result is an action horror game that tries a little harder than most to commit to horror but not THAT much harder. I'm a pretty vocal fan of it and the game does have its share of ideas and setpieces that I'm quite fond of but on the flipside it is natively a 3DS game and its attention to detail and budget reflect this despite pushing the everloving fuck out of that hardware. I'd say it's at least worth trying, you might be frustrated by how it never truly commits to one thing or the other but I think it's up your alley if you already like RE4 and Dead Space.
>>
>>387340237
Rev1 is definitely worth it
It feels like a classic resident evil game as you actually have to be on the lookout for ammo and health while conserving as well
I'd say the bad parts were the sections that didnt involve jill since they were just run and gunning re4 style

The multiplayer is nice too if you have friends although online is pretty much dead if you dont have any
>>
>>387341098
Not OP, but does the upcoming PS4 release include those superbosses and extra characters added to the PC release?
>>
>>387341293
i'd imagine so
never heard of a ps4 re-release
>>
>>387341098

>It feels like a classic resident evil game as you actually have to be on the lookout for ammo and health while conserving as well

I love Rev1 but this is only partially true. The Queen Zenobia is a nice throwback to the elaborate atmosphere and claustrophobic hallways of the Spencer Mansion and it gets major props for that, but the scanning mechanic breaks the ammo/health balance and even Jill has her moments where the game shifts into RE4-style arena encounters. It also could've done with more puzzles as it only had a couple of note. The spirit was right, it just needed more moments like the coin puzzle or the valve management. Same with the game's use of water, some really good ideas to make the player anxious but they could've gone farther.
>>
>>387341440
Comes out at the end of this month. Xbone too, I believe.
Capcom is also rereleasing Dragon's Dogma and Okami by the end of the year.
>>
>>387341514
That just depends on how good you are at aiming and surviving
Of course if you're an expert you would have plenty of herbs and ammo

Talking about the spirit of the game, they completely got rid of it with Rev2
>>
>>387340237
Larkin Love, everyone.
>>
>>387340925
>>387341835
WHOOPS, wrong post.
>>
>>387341720

Rev2 was more like fixing/scaling down RE6 than being an honest sequel to Rev1. I don't think it was bad for what it was, certainly was the least egregious instance of co-op the series had seen as playing it solo just made it feel a bit like RE0 instead of feeling like you were playing it wrong, but it's really only a sequel in name and refinement of Raid Mode.
>>
Honestly, the Rev series is some of the worst Resident Evil out there. The fans of this particular side-series are also deplorable, and routinely show to have strange and terrible taste.

I do not suggest them. You won't get the an experience anywhere close to your RE4 or Dead Space experience, or older classic-RE. These games are terrible.
>>
>>387342054
Are you that autist who throws a fit in every RE7 thread? You certainly sound like him.
>>
>>387342212
No, I loved RE7.
>>
>>387342243

>loved RE7
>hates Revelations

RE7 is basically Rev1 retooled to incorporate a fee more classic RE elements.
>>
>>387342336
That is absurd. I won't even acknowledge your position with an argument.
>>
>>387341631
They're also putting out a bundle of both the Revelations games on the Switch.
>>
great last boss tb.h
>>
It's a fun little game but really lacks strong ideas. It's never as Spooky and atmospheric as classic re. It never has really has iconic set pieces like re4. A couple of bosses are disturbing due to the nature of the virus which is the game's most memorable new idea. The boat is a neat setting but not particularly interesting level design. Rev2 is mediocre but has some cool moments and gets better as it progresses. You're better off playing re6 first or even 5. With all their flaws they're still more polished and generous.
>>
>>387342423

How is it absurd? Are the Molded not just reskinned ooze? Are psychostimulants not just a retooled scanning mechanic? Did Rev1 not experiment with a first person viewpoint? Did Rev1 not lightly touch base with classic RE puzzles to a similar degree as RE7's shadow puzzles? Did the Queen Zenobia not evoke a sense of claustrophobic level design sequenced out by its chapter design, giving the game a similar flow to RE7's movement from location to location? Do you even know that the games were directed by the same person?

Sure, RE7 does a few things differently, pushes things a bit farther in the horror direction than Rev1. Item boxes are back, the backtracking's a little more organic and there's certainly a stronger RE3 influence with Jack. But honestly RE7 is closer to Rev1 than any other RE, and I say this as someone who has played both multiple times.
>>
>>387340237
It's a better RE than RE 6 and 7 at least, especially since you liked 4.
>>
Hated it. Second worse game in the series being 0.
Rev2 was better in almost every way.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.