[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IM NEVER GOING TO GIT GUD AT THIS FUCKING GENRE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

IM NEVER GOING TO GIT GUD AT THIS FUCKING GENRE
>>
File: 1421885038122.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1421885038122.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
>>387335945
>>
dude, just dodge the bullets you shitter lmao
>>
>shooting game
>avoiding game
>>
the one thing you have to learn is that you just put fucking duct tape over the shoot button and then just focus on dodging the bullets, don't even pay attention to anything else

congratulations, you just got good at the entire genre with the exception of 2 games that require more skill
>>
>>387335945
1. Practice
2. Practice
3. Watch Youtube videos
4. Realize there's no shame in bombing. Dying with bombs at your disposal is much worse than wasting a bomb
5. Practice. A lot of these games is just rote memorization
>>
nobody actually plays this shit game, they just post cute touhou feet
>>
>>387336335
>with the exception of 2 games that require more skill
There's more than that.
>>
>>387336335
>focus on dodging
>fail to kill dangerous enemies quickly because you're staying at the bottom of the screen micrododging like a retard instead of point blanking them
>more enemies come on screen and trap you
Nice plan chump
>>
Those two sisters in the new touhou game with the green and purple curved lasers and the green and purple shots at the same time are a fucking nightmare
>>
>>387336529
>>fail to kill dangerous enemies quickly because you're staying at the bottom of the screen micrododging like a retard instead of point blanking them
>>more enemies come on screen and trap you
I can only think of one game where enemies can overrun the player like that and it's western shit.
>>
Don't feel like you have to git gud to enjoy the genre. Just keep trying and make progress bit by bit, taking breaks from the game if you get too frustrated.

Also don't play garbage 2hu games.
>>
>>387336418
>3. Watch Youtube videos
Don't do this. This will instantly kill your enjoyment for the game if you're non-autistic.
>>
>>387336567
>curved laser
I had enough of this shit Shou and Junko
>>
>>387336620
I meant that they trap you with bullet streams that you can't micrododge, or just plain overwhelm you with bullets. A balance of defensive dodging and offense in the form of point blanking, prioritization of targets is required for a lot of games in the genre.
>>
>>387336778
Why not? I'm not saying to immediately run to Youtube when you think a spell is hard, but sometimes the method for dodging isn't immediately obvious and it can be frustrating having to play all the way back up to the Stage 5 boss to have a second chance at learning how to dodge a pattern
>>
>>387335945
4/6 are really easy.
Git gud.
>>
>>387336940
If you use guides you're cheating. Doesn't matter if it's Monkey Island, Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden, Tetris, Doom, Street Fighter or 2hu. You're spoiling the game like reading plot twists ahead of time spoils a movie.
>>
>>387336418
>Route memorization
I wish,most of it is just RNG bullshit with the exception for non spells and spells
>>
>>387337095
These are arcade games, they are meant to be a social experience
>>
>>387336060
Thank you non tan Cirno
>>
>>387337206
Okay, so go find someone to play with, talk to and get tips from. A Youtube video is a far cry from a 2nd player.
>>
>>387337284
How is it different from seeing a decent player play it on the arcades? Superplay dvds are a thing too you know
>>
>>387337095
So you're saying it's cheating to look up frame data for Street Fighter?
>>
>>387337389
This isn't even remotely debatable like multiplayer games could be. STGs are levels then a boss. Going outside the games to figure out how to beat them does nothing but harm to the game, from adventure games to STGs.

Also, superplay DVDs have nothing to do with playing to just beat the game.
>>
>>387336567
I haven't even touched the new game, and this drops my interest even further. I don't have much faith in ZUN anymore since that last shitfest. It's always the same game with a horrible gimmick.
>>
File: image.jpg (282KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282KB, 960x960px
>>387336567
>the last enemy waves before the boss on stage 4

Fuckery of the highest degree. Call me retarded if I'm wrong, but that mess looks plain undodgeable, the end.
>>
>>387337836
Whether or not it harms the games is up to the players to decide, not you. Doing failed runs for hours because you cant figure out a couple of patterns certainly isnt fun and doesnt benefit the players experience with the game. Who are you to dictate how the games should be played? Also whats the difference between playing to beat it or playing for score? Your logic applies to both.
>>
>>387338346
Because failing over and over is playing the game. If you're sufficiently immersed then playing the game is all you can think of doing. Going to Youtube and getting spoiled does harm to the game. I differentiated playing for survival versus score because if you're playing for score you're already lost to the autism and no one can save you but yourself. If you're just playing for survival then you're still a relatively normal person.
>>
File: death.png (2MB, 984x726px) Image search: [Google]
death.png
2MB, 984x726px
>>387335945
Fuck this spellcard so much

>oh you did great until now, now you die just because
>>
>>387338727
Oh I didn't realize I was talking to icycalm, you're too far gone
>>
>>387339139
Is there no reliable setup for this? I'd like to try no-bombs LoLK.
>>
File: 1499377456759.png (100KB, 282x343px) Image search: [Google]
1499377456759.png
100KB, 282x343px
>>387336567
>release on the lasers as summer
>approximately 10000 PIV per pop
I love that spell for that reason
>>
>>387337095
Learning how to do techniques from watching better players isn't cheating. Comparing shoot'em ups to movies isn't valid because simply knowing what to do isn't enough to get you through the game, you have to practice so you can execute it yourself.
>>
>>387335945
just play hisoutensoku the superior toho
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.