[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are mobas one of the worst thing that could have happened to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 11

File: dota_2_official_9.jpg (124KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
dota_2_official_9.jpg
124KB, 1191x670px
>Supposed to be a high skill ceiling game (dota2)
>be me 2k mmr, people telling me I have to get good, team mates doesn't matter, I'm the only constant factor
>show replay to a 6k mmr player of my 2k play, he says "well.. hha. hu...well... you can't win every game alone"
>no one knows how to legit get to higher mmr, no guides etc. because it's all luck based
>stuck in 2k mmr

How is this game not luck based, BASED on the teammates you get???
>>
>>387330846
You find other like-minded individuals and play with them, until the group of you stop sucking.
Ability to socialize is a fucking skill.
>>
File: lol.png (411KB, 590x576px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
411KB, 590x576px
>>387330846
>2k mmr
>complaining about other players
>>
Pick meta heroes that can do well in solo queue, you're in 2k mmr so you're not really going to have teammates that will build around yours and the other teams picks.
>>
File: 1468454701707.jpg (6KB, 249x242px) Image search: [Google]
1468454701707.jpg
6KB, 249x242px
you have to keep playing the video game to get higher rank
>>
>>387330846

make you should git friends
>>
Make a new account and recalibrate if you're that desperate.
>>
>>387332703

>friend complains that he's stuck in the 'trenches'
>he makes a new account and recalibrates to the exact same MMR

kek

honestly if someone is stuck in the trenches they probably belong there
>>
>>387330846
What heroes do you like to play OP
>>
the idea of a 2k mmr player thinking he has any valid opinion to be heard is pretty funny.
>>
File: 1502226298310.png (104KB, 293x402px) Image search: [Google]
1502226298310.png
104KB, 293x402px
>>387330846
>2k mmr
>stuck

If you were actually a decent player you'd be out of there in a week assuming you're literally at 2000 mmr with 5 hours of playtime per day. Best to play this shit is unranked with friends. Also most shitters would rather watch pros in pubs than play it.
>>
>>387330846
Do you know what "you're the only constant" means? It means that you must always assume your teammates are shit, and to strategize around it. Or you know, actually get good and then it's ez to get out of 2k. There's no major shortcuts, just play literally thousands of games.
If there's one tip to give, it's
>Never look for what others did wrong, but what you did wrong
I know that 95% of the players in this thread have this brain function where as soon as they die, their brains go on overdrive, trying to think of reasons why it wasn't their fault.
>>
You'll eventually be good enough to understand that you weren't good as you think you were and climb higher.
>>
>>387332762
>honestly if someone is stuck in the trenches they probably belong there
Agreed. You're not put in 2k because the game hates you, or you got bad teammates, you are put there because you're shit.
I don't know why people always blame other people instead of looking at their own play and learning and improving off of that.
>>
>>387330846
Get good at Lone druid,mute everyone, never fight with your team,never defend your base. just default to ratting when a fight breaks out.
>>
>>387333513

not to mention these people stuck in the trenches are probably more annoying than the people actually in the trenches

they think they are super good and belong in a higher skill bracket when they themselves are the problem. the truly saddest people are the ones that buy accounts, which i think is completely retarded. why waste money on a high MMR account if you're a shitter because your MMR will just plummet
>>
>>387330846
you are absolute dogshit by default if you calibrated below 3.6k. I grinded from 3.8 to 5k in a month or so by supporting and countering enemy picks.

I bet you also blame your team for being shit.

general tip for you is to mute both parties, play on core role and get fed by enemies more then ur team feeds them. once ur at 4k you can un-mute ur team and actually try and coordinate stuff. from there you should really switch to a support and do your hardest to save ur cores. they will be retarded but don't get full of urself, they are stuck with you and most likely ur no better then them.

also another tip, never trash-talk ur team, that will make them play worse and will lose you games. stay positive and remember
>it's
>just
>a
>gaem
>>
>>387330846
dota is meant to be played with 4 other friends
90% of solo queue matches are you getting stomped or you stomping the enemy team
>>
File: 1445265544142[1].png (115KB, 634x697px) Image search: [Google]
1445265544142[1].png
115KB, 634x697px
Watch everyone go

>2k

with no argument. Assfaggots are low skill ceiling dice rolling trash. The genre has no hype at all, I look at moba vids sometimes and no matter how much the announcers scream it just looks BORING.
>>
File: KHALED.gif (1MB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
KHALED.gif
1MB, 250x241px
>>387330846
>no one knows how to legit raise mmr

u seem pretty shit, how about u actually learn to play,

>dont waste time, be active on the map and try to get stepstones done without dying (3 min courier gank e.g.)
>dont think sitting in lane to "secure a lane for ur carry" gets done shit. All you do is a reliability on you carry, help when needed with a tp scroll and fuck off that lane to gain him xp
>if youre always the carry, that means ur a shit one. Adapt builds and click creeps. Oh and dont pick carry if you already have 4. Its shit
>Youre the only carry and you die because your team is shit? no wards gg? buy your own fucking wards and place them where u seem fit since youre a fucking wise man it should be no problem
>scared that buying "supporty only" items fucks your farm? Ur in fucking 2k, if you get 70 last hits by minute 10 your 2k ahead of any other player in that game so whats fucking 50 gold u greedy jew

here easiest way to get up to fucking 4k (prob even 5k) but u will probably not use them because i need to hand feed every fucking situation possible to you and thats the fucking reason ure stuck in 2k you casul piece of wasted space
>>
It's a fucking mod of a real game.

These are party games used as a relaxation break between more complete games.
Yeah they add variation

Counter strike is similar but it's a different enough. Still a broken sack of garbage.

Who cares?
It only took like 8 years for spiked carapace to work as it reads.
>>
>>387330846
>Are mobas one of the worst thing that could have happened to the gaming indusrty?
No, play more games and read more about the history of vidya before you throw that statement around
>>
>>383347413
>buy your own fucking wards
this. Don't act like in your below 6k mmr games it matters if you have 65 less gold. You're just looking for excuses on why you died. This ties to everything. Everytime I see someone complaining about something AFTER they died, not before, I know they're shit
>>
>Expecting strangers on the internet to cooperate
>Taking team multiplayer games seriously in solo queues

Why?
Do you enjoy being angry?
>>
>>387330846
>4k solo MMR with around 2000 hours
>friend has 2500
>barely 2k solo MMR

>try to coach him, tell him what to build, where to stand etc.
>sorry this is just how I play bro
>why am I so low MMR it's my TEAAAAMMM
>>
File: 1481452535025.jpg (33KB, 827x573px) Image search: [Google]
1481452535025.jpg
33KB, 827x573px
>5k hours
>2,5k solo mmr
>4,2k party mmr
>low 4k unranked mmr
>about 3700 games played, only 50 of those were solo ranked
yeah not going to bother playing solo tbqh, not going to get any better than 4,5k max anyway
>>
File: _negrophos.png (249KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
_negrophos.png
249KB, 300x300px
>>387334831
>5k hours
>2,5k solo mmr
>muh party! muh party MMR!
You will never be respected
>>
>>387330846
No. There's a huge write up by someone who made the climb from a smurf lowbie account to 6k.

At least half of the guide dealt with emotional control and managing teammates.
>>
>>387330846
This is where you buy a 6k account and lose games until you are 2k again and cry even harder.
>>
>>387330846
>can't win every game alone
That's the point, you retard. However if you are better than 2k you should be winning more than 50% of your games on average and hence gain MMR points to leave 2k.
>>
>>387335140

>managing teammates

i think this one is the most important. i think a lot of the players who complain about being stuck in trenches only know how to play one role

i have a friend who is like 7k and he says the thing about solo queue is everyone is a greedy and selfish cunt and 90% of the time you're not going to get to play what you want. he knows how to play every position from 1 to 5 and sometimes he won't get what he wants to play and will just have to fill the role that is needed the most
>>
>>387330846
>2k mmr

you literally have to be trying to lose games.

you can solo carry any game into 3k.

i played with 2 sub 1k players and got into a 2k game.

we where losing fucking hard, i was doing wagas void and since the enemy didnt push well i could farm up a radiance. at the same time i bought a gem and some wards (because 0 wards and whole enemy team has sb.

literally didnt lose a single fucking fight after that. took 10 minutes before 2 afkers in our fountain started playing again. but jesus christ people are so bad.

at 4k all you need to do is be positive and not be bad yourself. as in fuckign treat players like little babys that need pampering, make sure they know that nothing is their fault..

if you manage to break 5k you will rise to 5.5 pretty easy and from there on rising to 6k and higher is purely a matter of getting better at knowing what to do and not wasting time doing it.
>>
>>387335407

I think either you learn how to play 1-5 or you play heroes who have good impact throughout the game, and have the ability to farm.

Phoenix is probably a good one to solo climb with. He really only needs level 6 to begin winning team fights handily. If you desire you can farm and stack easily in lull points.

At 2k, Phoenix will absolutely destroy because people won't know how to disengage.

Seer and Kunkka are also good candidates.
>>
File: Mu156E6.png (584KB, 654x651px) Image search: [Google]
Mu156E6.png
584KB, 654x651px
sup
>>
>belong in shit tier
>LE MOBAS ARE THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO VIDEO GAMES
>SirActionSlacks is 5k with almost zero mechanics and game knowledge
>People with literal disabilities are able to play into 3-4k
>I even played on another account for a month when my arm was broken and managed to get 3.1k
> ?????
get good
>>
>>387330846
You can literally solo carry at 2k MMR you cuck
>>
>>387330846
> a year ago I was 2k
> noticed every game the support fucking sucked/ lost us the game
> start learning and maining supports
> 3.5k mmr now

The only other role I play is offlane if we dont have a guy. But 9 times out of 10 Im supp because no one else wants to do it or is shit at it.
>>
File: 1481858067215.png (149KB, 445x429px) Image search: [Google]
1481858067215.png
149KB, 445x429px
OP is a faggot
>>
Heres a protip op.

Your dumbass thinks its impossible to climb out of 2k. But lets say some guy whos 5k smurfs and winds up in your game. Obviously hes going to wreck shit 90% of the time and carry just about every game and win.

Why cant you do that? Its because you are an actual 2k shitter who belongs where he is.
>>
>6k
>win four amazing games in a row, great teammates and communication
>lose the next 9 games by being matched with Peruvians and Chinese players with 1000ms that feed if the captain doesn't give them invoker
>they are somehow 6.5k or higher
South America was a mistake
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.