[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>YFW you didn't fall for the VR meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: 0KUDz9H.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0KUDz9H.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>YFW you didn't fall for the VR meme
>>
AR is the future
t. AR developer
>>
File: 1494260509216.jpg (19KB, 403x395px) Image search: [Google]
1494260509216.jpg
19KB, 403x395px
>>387325597
>>
>>387325646
So is VR but wrong people got the funds to make games.
Im still waiting for Duel Monsters VR Multiplayer Tournament with huge stadiums and monster battles.
If that comes out I am buying VR kit right now.
Instead there are 200 sub par shooting galleries,Rez and Super Hot.
>>
File: VR kanojo bongo.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
VR kanojo bongo.webm
3MB, 700x392px
>>387325597
I feel like I'm missing out.
But no way in hell am I spending money unless they get screens with WAY higher PPI. Even middle range smartphones nowaydays have higher PPI screens and native resolution, it's quite embarrassing.
>>
>>387325597
You didn't "fall" for it because you are poor.
>>
>>387327176

Yeah because rich people got where they are by throwing money away on bad choices

I'd like to buy a Vive, but after demoing it extensively I can see there just aren't enough games and developers putting things out for it.
>>
>>387325718

Janice Griffith
>>
File: Japan Simulator.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Japan Simulator.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>387326227
>>
>>387328164
most rich people live in a state where it doesn't matter how they spend their money, even on retarded things or bad desitions. the system its rigged so they keep the power with little effort while those below gotta climb the iron piramid, figthing each other along the way
>>
VR hentai is the future you're missing out on.
>>
>called virtual reality
>it couldn't be further from virtual reality
>>
>>387328573

You know I used to come to places like these to get away from that reality, and now that reality is bleeding uncontrollably into places like these

And there is no escape
>>
i don't need any more fancy crap that my friends and roommates are gonna pester me to borrow
>>
Vive with gtx 1080 here. Suck it, poorfags.
>>
>>387325718
nice post
>>
>>387328994

1080 non ti

>poorfag

LUL
>>
>>387328994
I already super sample the Vive 2x with the 1080, It's diminishing returns after that. Sure, I can upgrade if I wanted to, but it wouldn't make any difference.
>>
>>387325597
>yfw to poor to buy into the vr marketing, knowing perfectly it's a money scam but still want too
>>
if it gets cheap enough I'll buy into it just for Onward
>>
>was promised virtual reality
>got tv on face
>>
File: e.jpg (84KB, 508x504px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
84KB, 508x504px
>People actually fell for this shit
Too funny
>>
File: kF3WBh3.png (861KB, 917x676px) Image search: [Google]
kF3WBh3.png
861KB, 917x676px
Sony was the only console manufacturer disgusting enough to scam their fans with it.
>>
>>387325646
Be honest, do you make more than 60k a yesr doing that?
>>
>>387325597

I had my first experience of VR a few weeks ago at some popup event in London. The first few hours were shit, but then everyone left and there were no queues.

>Zombie wave game

Boring, but VR was a nice gimmick

>Space invaders style VR game

Fun, but limited replay value

>Longbow

Not my cup of tea

Was about to leave when someone put Super Hot VR on one machine.

>SHVR

Holy mother of God, VR is everything. I cannot oversell this experience. It's everything they promised VR would be all those years ago.

>Diving behind cover
>Watching as a bullet flies past your shoulder
>Punching a guy so close to you he shatters all around you

I'd actually consider getting a vive and a decent rig just for superhot. It's a shame the PSVR port is so butt fugly.
>>
>>387330167
>$400 is a nice price point for the unit, cheaper than Oculus or Vive
>Camera that is required is another $99
>Controllers for any of the kinds of games you bought VR for is another $99
>>
I don't think VR is going anywhere, it really works its not like kinect or some bullshit, I've been to Disney World\Universal Studios 6 times and VR is superior to most amusement park 3D/simulation attractions, it's more interactive and immersive, this is just the tip of the iceberg eventually all movies and games will merge into VR, it will take 25+ years but it's the future
>>
There's so much fucking denial with VR. Everyone I know still thinks it's going somewhere, it's already shown the same signs as other gimmicks.
I feel like its actual potential is even more dead than when there were only Occulus dev kits. Even as just a monitor you strap to your face while still using standard controllers or keyboard/mouse seems dead. No one is even bothering coding for it. Maybe it will just be a flight sim thing, I don't know.
>>
Would anybody be interested in a vr channel on youtube if i made one? I got the vive
>>
>>387326227

Since when is resolution referred to as PPI? Sounds gay.
>>
>>387330738
Kill yourself.
>>
>Occulus Rift is $600
>Everyone agrees that's at least $200 to expensive
>HTC/Valve compete by releasing one for $800
I WONDER WHY VR IS DEAD
>>
>>387331485
The vive is $600 now with the new coupon .
>>
Next-gen VR hardware when?
>>
>>387331721
Too late, now it's just $600 for tech demos. It's just a downward spiral now. No one wanted to buy it for that much, no one wants to make VR games for hardware no one owns.
>>
You also destroy your eyesight in the long run.

Screens infront of your eyes, yeah BRILLIANT idea. What possibly can go wrong?
>>
>>387331951
> tech demos

What ? Bethesda is porting full titles over to VR. hoping valve does the same.
>>
>>387332114
VR versions released over a year after everyone already played them for the low price of $59.99 plus tip. Shit is dead as fuck because of pricing and it's just continuing down that path. Downward spiral.
Check out this new video showing how dead VR is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQvLrfYnv8
Oh wait, the video is actually a year old
>>
File: 1499510226199.jpg (46KB, 622x647px) Image search: [Google]
1499510226199.jpg
46KB, 622x647px
worth it for cm3d2 alone
>>
You pathetic naysayers need new material.
>>
I've been enjoying my rift that I got during the sale. Still waiting for superhot to get discounted before I pick it up - I tried it at a friend's house and it was fantastic.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.