[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the only reason why the ps1 sold so much is because piracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: dreamcast_12.jpg (165KB, 1700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast_12.jpg
165KB, 1700x1000px
>the only reason why the ps1 sold so much is because piracy was rampate
>the Dreamcast died because of piracy
So which is it?
>>
The Dreamcast died because Sega pulled the plug
>>
>kill support of consumerbase with addons and the disaster that was the saturn
>already out the gate with all odds against it
>no cd/dvd support (MIL-CD allowed piracy)
>put everything into it
>piracy helped it a little bit
>announcement of PS2 with DVD support killed it

The GD-R format is still technically not broken or circumvented to this day, only MIL-CD is
>>
The Dreamcast died because SEGA was tearing itself apart from the inside. It had nothing to do with sales numbers at that point.
>>
>>387323592
PlayStation came out in 1994. Nobody had internet or CD rewriters back then. Unless they were living at Toshiba R&D department.
>>
File: image.gif (263KB, 319x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
263KB, 319x255px
>>387323592
I understand what OP is saying, it's something you see in a lot of threads when people want to make excuses for why the Sony brand did so well for two gens before the PS3. Like people will literally use an excuse to say PS only won because but uses the logic elsewhere to blame failure of something else for the same reason. I have seen a few examples like this in various console war threads.
>>
File: SONY-ANNIVERSARY.jpg (91KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
SONY-ANNIVERSARY.jpg
91KB, 600x338px
>>387324537
Sony triggers gamers. I don't know why but it has always been like that.

People were unironically rooting for the GameCube.
>>
The PS1 sold a lot because it was the best console of that generation.
>>
>>387325000
people love to root for the underdog. although, i guess the dreamcast was the underdog of 6th gen
>>
>>387323592
The Dreamcast died because Sega was bleeding cash from every hole. Piracy didn't even factor in until the console was on its last legs.
>>
>>387325000
Are you kidding me? Sony has the biggest market defense force I've ever seen, it was the same during the PS and PS2 era.
>>
File: 1495678648370.png (114KB, 753x479px) Image search: [Google]
1495678648370.png
114KB, 753x479px
>>387323592
>implying it didn't die because of the piss poor management of the Saturn costing SEGA millions
Sega was already going under when the Dreamcast came out and needed a miracle to stay afloat. Third party companies didn't trust Sega anymore which is why they split all of their big name designers up into different sub divisions and pump out as much exclusive content as possible
>>
>>387325706
>which is why they split all of their big name designers up into different sub divisions and pump out as much exclusive content as possible
and now all they make is sonic and yakuza, such a shame.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.