[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what games had the most fucked up development but still came out ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

what games had the most fucked up development but still came out ?
>>
Duke Nukem Forever is the only correct answer
>>
>>387316472
What do you mean?
I love APB and played in the first Beta.
What was so fucked up?
>>
>L.A. Noire took 7 fucking years to make
>>
>>387316592
it basically came out twice, was shit both times and totally ignored the xbox release it was supposed to have
>>
>>387316762
Well yeah, Realtime Worlds couldn't keep it going since they didn't make enough money.
Then G1 took over and made it pay to win.
Not really the development of the game, though. Just how the game developed.
>>
>>387316472
APB and APB:Reloaded is one of those games that I have hundreds of hours in, both loved and hated, and still long for it looking back.
>>
>>387317236
cont: The car physics are so wonky and uncomfortable when you're not used to them. But knowing your shit about the cars makes it so extremely satisfying to drive around and do car chases.

Flipping a jericho by gently nudging the wheel house. Driving a garbage truck at full speed down a crowded street. The micro cars with incredible acceleration and turn handling.
>>
>>387316472
RDR's dev cycle got pretty hairy during the final year. The Housers were shitting themselves over it.
>As reflected in his October 24, 2009 e-mail to Mr. Benzies, Sam Houser’s desperation was escalating, ‘PLEASE help me/us get rdr [Read Dead Redemption] into shape. I am a jabbering wreck right now. I need The Benz!’”
>-Text from a lawsuit brought against Take-Two, Rockstar, and the Houser brothers by former Rockstar North Studio head Leslie Benzies.
>>
File: Tabula_Rasa.jpg (139KB, 367x515px) Image search: [Google]
Tabula_Rasa.jpg
139KB, 367x515px
>>387316472
>>
>>387316472
Today, coming out is not the achievement, the true achievement is to come out as a complete product.
>>
>>387317354
>exiting a 200mph ride just spawns you outside, 20 inches above the ground
Hey, at least you could load custom music and play it around down
>>
File: VTMB_800x600.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VTMB_800x600.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
>>387316472
>>
>>387319456
Yeah, except everyone else just heard the in-game music playing instead. And their music genre detection was non-existant I think?
>>
>>387319456
>exiting a 200mph ride just spawns you outside, 20 inches above the ground
That was a nice feature though, I actually liked it.
>>
Grimoire
>>
>>387316472

God RTW were absolute retards when it came to handling that game.
I was in the closed beta of the original and the forums were an absolute shit show.
People complaining about actual bugs and balance problems got totally ignored, and then they caved to the criminal players constantly whining about less-than-lethal weapons being "overpowered" (they weren't) and added LTL to the criminal arsenal, which they never used after the first few days of having them because they immediately realized how underpowered they were and that there is literally no point using them as a criminal.

In fact criminal retardation seemed to be a running theme. Imagine the horde/alliance differences of the WoW community, only criminal players are legitimately fucking retarded.
>>
>>387319205
>NCsoft shut it down while Garriott was in space
>they later killed CoX becuase reasons
That was quite the eye-opener for me on how scummy NCsoft are
fucking subhuman scum
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.