[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: paladins playercount.png (122KB, 672x193px) Image search: [Google]
paladins playercount.png
122KB, 672x193px
What went right?
>>
it's overwatch for shitskins and kids
>>
>>387309118
it's overwatch, but free and with even more sexualization.
>>
They offered to be plan B rather than a direct brawl with Blizzard and it ends up the smarter move than other paid hero shooters going "we're different, pls buy".
>>
>>387309118
Honestly it's Overwatch but for the most part all of the characters are actually viable in the DPS department. Worst thing about the game is the card/item system though. I really think it would benefit from just being Overwatch style, character has one set of stats and that's all, but with pre-game one character pick system it has now. It's a little stupid to have characters like Nando who can just up and fucking lose his shield instantly because people picked the wrecker card, making him pretty useless.
>>
>>387309426
But Nandos anticipate that and turn into burn machines of fireball doom instead and kill you first.
>>
>>387309426
To continue this point, I believe what they did with the character balancing in this game was pretty damn good. Like I said even the supports can put out a decent amount of DPS while giving your teammates that little boost of health they need. They don't force the support on you though because the healing system is pretty balanced in that you have to be out of the fight to heal normally so it adds strategy to the fights depending on how bad you need to be in the fight at that moment of low health.

>>387309592
Not if you have a team that works together and blows him away from a distance.
>>
>>387309426
>Worst thing about the game is the card/item system though

>worst part is the thing that adds depth to the game

Go back to OW, casual baby
>>
>>387309756
this the card/item system lets me play healer but without needed to ask the faggot dps mains to protect me and them blame me for not healing when I die after asking for help
>>
>>387309692
If you have a team that works together you can do that to them too you know(kill their wrecker or cauterize guy as needed). Your fear of wrecker making tanks useless is unwarranted considering Torvald (the I have more than shield than HP guy) is not some "why'd you pick him now we lose" guy.
>>
>>387309756
I don't dislike the concept but there is hardly any "depth" for most of the characters. Maybe one or two deck loadouts are going to be the most optimal for DPS/utility per character but that's about it. It's really restrictive system especially when you get to that last card or two and it's something stupid like "do I pick %7 movement speed while using one ability or do I take 0.5 seconds off this other ability." The match items system is a lot more strategic I believe but there are only so few cards that actually really make the big impacts such as CD reduction, reduced heals under fire or shield breaking. When you look at all of the "strategic" parts of Paladins it starts to fall apart if you look at what options are presented to what options will actually be useful 90% of the time.
>>
>>387309982
you do know you put points into the cards as well right? so you can pump points into the good cards and be done
>>
>>387309942
Obviously the cards help the supports DPS but I think Paladins does a much better job of giving supports vanilla DPS power than Overwatch does.
>>
>>387310069
yes but you can make a healer a dps build if you combine with cars, I play ying and have it set up so her clones do max damage when i shatter them so i use them to finish dps off after I attack them and they run away, fun as fuck
>>
>>387310050
Yes, what I mean by the last few cards is that you will have one or two left after buffing super useful cards and then have something stupid and arbitrary like %6 movement speed while reloading being the best of the worst.
>>
>>387310189
well they can't all be winners
>>
>>387310220
That's my point, why the fuck even have those cards or force a 5 pick, might as well just allow for more points to be dumped into 3 cards total or roll those stat buffs into better match items like 20% CD reduction right off the bat
>>
>>387310340
probably don't want you to be too overpowered that's why
>>
File: hq720.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hq720.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
Titties the FPS
>>
>>387309347
/thread
>>
>>387309160
>it's overwatch for shitskins and kids

that's overwatch
>>
>>387309118
>less hard counters
>more tiddies
>free
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.