[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know that there are ants in Skyrim?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 55

File: 6Q2LjWW.jpg (857KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6Q2LjWW.jpg
857KB, 1920x1080px
Did you know that there are ants in Skyrim?
>>
>>387309020
Did you know that Geico can save you 15 percent or more on your car insurance?
>>
Yes Todd, I did.
>>
>>387309020
I'm playing Morrowind again at the minute and holy shit, it's like bethesda have scales they just can't balance.

It's literally content or graphics. Oblivion is the closest they've ever come to a balance (for it's time). Whereas Skyrim is a souless borefest that looks semi-pretty, Morrowind looks like absolute shit but has some of the best quests and world I've seen in a long while.
>>
>>387309248
You do realize Morrowind came out in 2001 while Skyrim came out in 2011, right? Morrowind was quite difficult to max out back in the day if your PC wasn't xboxhueg, it wasn't Max Payne tier graphics but it still looked really pretty.
>>
>>387309020
Yeah...
Wait a second! Todd, is that your in game cameo?
>>
File: 1502828672542.png (493KB, 446x446px) Image search: [Google]
1502828672542.png
493KB, 446x446px
>>387309095
That makes me moist.
>>
>>387309020
lmao

is that an I M M E R S I V E mod? i honestly can tell how many of 'em are just plain satire or autists correcting things that don't add anything to the game
>>
Woah, does Skyrim have...
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>387309336
Oh of course, don't get me wrong I'm not talking shit about the game, was just making a point that with Bethesda you don't get good content anymore.
>>
>>387309248
>some of the best quests

That's overstating it a bit, the majority of the quests are actually fairly dull. Or have you just never played another RPG apart from Skyrim and Oblivion before?
>>
>>387309248
>Morrowind looks like absolute shit but has some of the best quests and world I've seen in a long while.

Name one.

I just can't get into Morrowind, because as you said, even with mods it looks like utter shit.

3d graphics never age well, it should had been 2d.
>>
>>387309336
Not entirely, people complained about the ugly character models, washed out textures and stiff animations back then. The big open world made it excusable.
>>
>>387309020
God Skyrim's lightning looks like such ass with those overblown highlights, even in 2011
Bethesda is such a piece of shit
>>
>>387309459
>is that an I M M E R S I V E mod?

No, it's vanilla Skyrim.
>>
>>387309489
did you know the last dragonborn is a fragment of akatosh and therefore a shezarrine?
>>
>>387309020
It was already filled with bugs, so yeah.
>>
>>387309248
Oblivion was dogshit, nostalgiafags love it!
>That enemy scaling.
>Those hideous, immersion breaking character designs.
>Still used Morrowind's leveling system but made everything hit for miniscule damage against HP inflated enemies.
>Braindead dungeon design and boring tiles.
>Leveled loot and all those useless artifacts.
>Abysmal main plot and utterly forgettable sidequests.
>Introduced unkillable NPCs.
>Shat on theft and pickpocketing by making everything in homes and on NPCs worth nothing.
>Garbage magic system.
>Scaled back enchanting, blacksmithing and alchemy.

The only thing it had going for it was the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood missions. What a horseshit game.
>>
idk what happened but i finally started playing my copy of skyrim (with 42 mods) and i'm loving it, and i never thought i would. playing on legendary difficulty and i've had to get creative with almost everything i've done because a straight 1 on 1 fight is literally impossible most of the time, unless it's against a wolf.
>>
>>387309336
the only thing that looked good in morrowind at the time was the moons
>>
>>387309020
Never saw them. Nice little detail to be honest.
>>
>>387309707
>Abysmal main plot and utterly forgettable sidequests.
You take that back.
>The only thing it had going for it was the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood missions.
You'll add to that.
>>
>>387309248
>It's literally content or graphics.
There has not been a single good looking Bethesda game. They all look like stiff garbage, and I'm not even a graphicsfag.
>>
>>387309020
it's a shame skyrim is garbage, a better use of dev time would be to have made dungeons not linear as fuck instead of fucking ants.
the only people that enjoyed skyrim were autists who had never played a previous elder scrolls
>>
>>387309707
Honestly I felt like I was playing a B-movie version of elder scrolls or something to that degree. The voice acting can be pretty terrible like with the daedric princes and the games quirks mount very quickly. However I found it to be enjoyable and funny, you can literally kill Mannimarco the big bad nercromancer from Daggerfall in seconds. Not to mention the level scaling makes gives bandits glass armour along with being randomly attacked in the street by that corrupt guard guy which somehow gives me a bounty. The game doesn't even take place in jungle cyrodil but a forest one. I found bumbling around the province enjoyable although I never when spelunking a lot or dungeon crawling so I don't know how stale it can get.
>>
>>387310218
>The game doesn't even take place in jungle cyrodil but a forest one.

Jungle Cyrodiil was never a thing.

People just know the line "It is the largest region of the continent, and most is endless jungle." and jumped to conclusions but if you actually continue to read the book it goes into detail as to what makes up that "jungle", i.e. grassland, rainforest, deciduous forest, swamp and marshland. Pretty much all this stuff is present in Oblivion with some new additions to areas that weren't mentioned, e.g. Anvil, and some rearrangement so that it makes a little more sense from an ecology point of view.
>>
>>387310117
I've played all of them sans Arena and I like Skyrim.
>>
>>387310524
Actually, if you read lore books it seems Talos had access to CHIM and retconned Cyrodil being a jungle

not even kidding
>>
>>387309020
>grass clipping through wood
Huh... So this is the power of Skyrim
>>
>>387310524
>Pretty much all this stuff is present in Oblivion
With the exception of you know, the actual jungle parts, which are the biggest parts.
And if you actually read to the end of the paragraph it even says "but most of Cyrodiil is a river-based society surrounded by jungle."
In Morrowind they even say "It is the largest region of the continent, and most is endless jungle."
It was always a thing until Oblivion retconned it.
>>
One of the funniest things about skyrim is that the audio is so godawfully mangled no one knew the dragons actually have a shitload of spoken lines during the fights where they smack talk similarly to the bandits et all.
>>
>>387309459
>not installing the immersive potato mod
smdh
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (179KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
179KB, 640x426px
>>387311195
That's not grass. That is their failed attempt to create uncut wood fibers.
>>
Should I play Oblivion?
>>
>>387309707
Don't forget

>hundreds of va'd NPC's

>7 fucking voice actors. In the whole fucking game.
>>
>>387311018

According to Skyrim he used the Thu'um.

It's probably just to shut up the meme-spouting faggots. This sort of shit is most likely why Pete Hines tells lorefags to go fuck themselves on Twitter these days. Half the time they aren't even talking about lore, they are talking about their headcanon.
>>
>>387311282
Pretty sure that was intentionally removed. There are mods that add it back though.

>>387311340
Sure. Just mod the fuck out of it.
>>
>>387309740
Let me guess. Stealth archer build?
>>
>>387311417
Why mods?
>>
>>387311387
>hundreds of va'd NPC's
>7 fucking voice actors. In the whole fucking game.

That's every Bethesda game though
>>
>>387311452
To fix the level scaling. In the vanilla game, you are more powerful at level 1 than level 25.
>>
>>387311452
Because the game is pretty shit without them?
Oblivion goes from a 5/10 game to a 8/10 game with mods. At least for me.

Or where you asking what mods? Check out the Tesgeneral website or just google "Oblivion mod guide" or something.
>>
>>387311452
>>387311536
Sorry, I meant what mods, not why. No clue why I wrote why.
>>
>>387311214

It's says that jungle is rainforest. There IS a rainforest in Oblivion, it's just moved to the east of the Imperial City instead of surrounding it and the deciduous forest, also mentioned in the book, as been moved east so that it comes up to the western side of the Imperial City. Cyrodiil remains "endless jungle" in Oblivion, it's just not what you pictured that jungle as being.
>>
>>387309248
I love Oblivion but you're falling for nostalgia. Skyrim has way more engaging dungeons, quests and writing than TES4. Oblivion is memorable for the comfy atmosphere and non-neutered levelling system.

Dark Brotherhood was better in Oblivion though.
>>
File: lorkhan aka merge shatter thing.png (3MB, 2962x2484px) Image search: [Google]
lorkhan aka merge shatter thing.png
3MB, 2962x2484px
>>387309647
Here's a neat little diagram to explain how
>>
>>387309020
Ok guys seriously help me out. How do I become autistic about the lore. Where do I begin to read this shit? I understand basic plot points of the game but have no idea how you guys know all this stuff. I know it's from books but how did you piece it together?
>>
>>387311671
Why Skyrim needs 2000 releases and is praised as the best RPG ever is fucking rage inducing.

Im not the Morrowind guy here but holy hell, can people stop praising it to kingdom come? It came out almost at the same time as Dragon Age II and Witcher 2. Jesus, time to die already. Both Bioware and Polskis already released sequels or new games that was successess or super failures.
>>
>>387311760
>skyrim did this thing better
>wow stop saying skyrim is perfect
Are you ok?
>>
>>387309020
Honestly I know this guy that likes Skyrim/Fallout 4. And he has never played previous titles in either series.

How does bethesda get away with it? Neither of them are good gameplay wise. The exploration is bare bones as fuck and there is no player choice or agency for you to change something and have the world react to it.

What is it about Bethesda that makes normies go full retard and enjoy them so much? The stories in both games/writing is seriously awful and barely even qualifies as above 10th grade script quality.

When will the meme about bethesda games end?
>>
>>387311282
At least in spanish the dragons never stop talking. Right now I can't go back to skyrim without feeling bored as shit, but I remember playing it in 2011, on 360 (some friends gifted it to me, yeah, I was hyped as shit for some shitty trailers)

Anyway, the fight with the first dragon, he kept talking shit in dragontongue and normal languaje and almost at the end of the fight the main theme started and when he was dying and said DOHVAKIN NOOOOO the chorus got in and I thought it was scripted but I did the same fight like 5 times on PC but it never happened again...it was pretty cool, but I guess I was just lucky
>>
File: 1493272882633.png (182KB, 680x413px) Image search: [Google]
1493272882633.png
182KB, 680x413px
>>387311715
>>
>>387309248
>n'wah, walk to cave X to kill bandit Y and bring back item Z
>do this another 20 times until your guild level is high enough, then we'll let you kill and replace the current leader
Yeah amazing quests. Really puts Skyrim to shame.
>>
>>387309647
also the sheogorath you meet in Skyrim is the protagonist of Oblivion thus making it canon that the protagonist is always as a dark haired white male
>>
File: imperial armour.jpg (291KB, 1280x1154px) Image search: [Google]
imperial armour.jpg
291KB, 1280x1154px
>>387310524
>Jungle Cyrodiil was never a thing.
nice bait. PGE Cyrodiil was far cooler than what we ended up with in Oblivion
>It is the largest region of the continent, and most is endless jungle.
>most of Cyrodiil is a river-based society surrounded by jungle.
>It started in the coastal jungle of what is now the Colovian west
>Thousands of workers ply the rice fields after the floodings, or clear the foliage of the surrounding jungle in the alternate seasons.
>>
>>387311671
Name one dungeon in Skyrim where the floor can raise to crush you against the ceiling.
>>
>>387309336
Morrowind looked like shit even at the time.

Didn't stop people from loving it.
>>
>>387311389
>According to Skyrim he used the Thu'um.
that's because CHIM is secret and not easily understood. Tiber probably used CHIM disguised as Thu'um.
Also it couldn't have been retroactive. If he did it retroactively no one would have noticed
>>
File: 1493923029829.png (414KB, 640x877px) Image search: [Google]
1493923029829.png
414KB, 640x877px
>>
>>387311760
Skyim has the best open world bar none.

Most western developers (including the witcher 3 and GTA guys) think making everything big compensates for their lifeless world. Skyrim actually cares about improving NPC behaviors to make it seem as if the world is alive and everyone has their own life.

Its not perfect buts its better than any open world game there is, thus making it the perfect sandbox, specially for mods.
>>
>>387311590
Firstly, Blackwood is not a rainforest it's a swamp, secondly, even if it was a proper rainforest it's not tropical as was described in the book, nor does it make up a large part of Cyrodil.

I don't exactly care too much that they changed it, it would be neat to see, but it never triggered me like it did with so many others. But we shouldn't pretend that Cyrodil wasn't always supposed to be filled with tropical jungles before they changed it for Oblivion.
>>
You're not allowed to talk about any Elder Scrolls before or after 3 on /v/ because the Numale Army gets triggered. Reminder that Numidian was from the plane of Aetherius and it having anything to doEpik Quirky Science Dwemer was a major lore destroying retcon.
>>
>>387312081
It is anything but. The world is lifeless and sterile. Morrowind has a better world because it's more interesting, varied, more side quests, interesting phenomena that can happen. More atmospheric.

Skyrim looks,feels and plays like absolute shit. It's painfully obvious this was your first and only elder scrolls game.

Also not that guy you responded to.
>>
File: anno17.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
anno17.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Did you know that you can grow weed in Anno 1404?
>>
File: 489830_20161106130057_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
489830_20161106130057_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>387309902
>There has not been a single good looking Bethesda game.
um try again sweetie
>>
File: 1481922346204.jpg (131KB, 681x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1481922346204.jpg
131KB, 681x1022px
>>
File: tumblr_ncluz1mcYB1rp65uqo1_1280.jpg (166KB, 569x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncluz1mcYB1rp65uqo1_1280.jpg
166KB, 569x640px
>>387311725
There's a community for it.
/tg/ has weekend TES lore threads, they're pretty good for starting out.
A good podcast to listen to is the Selectives Lorecast which is hosted on MK's youtube channel I think
>>
>>387311816
What did Skyrim do better?
>>387312081
WITH MODS, always with the fucking mods. I had more fun playing Witcher III than doing the same shit over and over in Skyrim and hearing the same voice actor and the same "WHO ARE YOU?" from idiot Jarls, having to redo the same fucking type of quests to buy a house. The Witcher 3 also do that with NPCs and it do not feel like im riding through dead lands like it did in Skyrim. I find Skyrim to be one of the more dead open world. Litterally super long rides t hrough boring land.

Still, it do not render a million remakes to be sold to the idiotic mainstream who think this shit is the best RPG when it is the most shallow made in the Elder Scrolls series.
>>
>>387311671
Yeah no. The quest design in Skyrim is so awful, these days when playing the game I skip 90% of them because of their focus on more cinematic and "epic" shit which just forces you to stand around waiting for people to finish talking or walking. The dungeons might look a bit nicer but they are just a linear corridor most of the time. Oblivion gets a lot of shit for the dungeons because they all look and feel so samey but their layouts are actually some of the best in the series.
Writing is just as shit as Oblivion with none of the characters having any semblance of a unique character or personality.
>>
>>387312081
I’m honestly confused when people think they’re comparable. That’s not saying Witcher 3 isn’t a good game, and that it did things better than Skyrim or other Bethesda games, but in terms of open world? Absolutely not.

Witcher 3’s open world was more comparable to Assassin’s Creed than anything else, and frankly there were tons of issues with it, the same issues that plague a lot of other open world games these days. So many of these games have three or four simple tasks, and instead of introducing variation, they just repeat those same tasks over a massive overworld. In Assassin’s Creed it was always climb the thing, open the chest, climb the thing, get a camera shot, climb the thing, get a feather, climb the thing get a chest.
And Witcher 3 really is no different. You’d get a bandit camp, a monster nest, a village where you kill some monsters and they move back in, etc, etc, etc.
Skellige was the worst example of this. They filled the ocean with the same three floating chests over seventy times. No variation, no change. It wasn’t a substitute for actual content. Which is the problem. Witcher 3 didn’t NEED to be open world, it didn’t really gain much from going off the beaten path, whereas with TES games it’s kind of the core of the games.
People also somehow cite it being better because it’s bigger or whatever, but then I didn’t really feel that argument. The fact is the overworld is bigger, but Witcher 3 is very limited when comes to interiors.
Think about Skyrim or Oblivion or even Morrowind. Every house, every interior, everything you see, you can enter. Skyrim has a fucknugget of sprawling dungeons, where Witcher 3, like most open world games, is mostly above-ground. Caves end up being fairly small or limited in size, and often tied to quests, and are even more samey than people accuse Skyrim of being.
>>
>>387311725
Don't bother. Elder Scrolls lore is retconned every game. Morrowind destroyed Daggerfall's, then Oblivion Morrowinds then Skyrim Oblivion's.
>>
>>387312161
yes and then when u dedicate an entire island to its production you soon realise that its fucking worthless and will make hardly any money.
>>
>>387312008
There's one where part of the ceiling goes down to crush you
>>
>>387312181
That really doesn't look very good. But, alright, sure.

Now show me character models and tell me they look good.
>>
>>387311725
Just start by reading up on stuff on the wiki.
Start with a thing you would like to know more about like say, the Dunmer, then as you read the article you come across information and links to things that sound interesting, like say the Ghostfence, then in that article you find a link to the Red Year, and so on.

Granted you will actually have to find the stuff interesting, but then again if you didn't what would be the point in even learning it in the first place.
>>
>>387312253
The Witcher 3 is a superior RPG game on every level compared to Skyrim, The only part is that you are Geralt and there is no self insert but who wants to play a Dragonborn? I didn't.

Witcher 3 is more alive to me with more varied design on the world than Skyrim. I just do not see how people can call Skyrim the better sandbox when it is so easy to just dig a little at the world and it comes collapsing down cause Bethesda cannot make a interesting NPC worth a while.

It might have a shit ton of houses and shit to visit but what good is that if its just a house with some no name NPC that is boring as fuck and nothing of interest inside it? I like visiting houses, I can plundet through all the houses in Baldurs Gate but that feels like im really finding quests and weird shit in them while Skyrim got nothing of interest or has "capital" city of 12 houses. Another immersion breaker. That is also a reason why you can visit all houses, cause the settlements are fucking villages.
>>
>>387312181
Shouldn't there be whales flying through the sky?
>>
File: doi01yY.gif (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
doi01yY.gif
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>387312181
its hilarious how ENB skyrim looks better than any current muh ps4 and xbone game

best rpg or best rpg ever?
>>
File: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (65KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg
65KB, 637x358px
>>387312345
you were saying hon?
>>
File: Sheogorathdagger.jpg (8KB, 137x230px) Image search: [Google]
Sheogorathdagger.jpg
8KB, 137x230px
>>387311953
Or you know, he's a deadric prince and like all the other princes he is able to alter his or her appearance at will.
>>
File: The absolute state of shipping.png (508KB, 946x391px) Image search: [Google]
The absolute state of shipping.png
508KB, 946x391px
What is this bullshit /v/?
Why not just make the box a fucking see-through, and tell everyone what's in the box too.
Fucking customs declaration I swear to god, you're literally at the mercy of who's on the job that day - last time they had the intelligence to call it "clothing article" and "silicone item".
What the fuck is this pajeet?
>>
File: 1498120431882.jpg (924KB, 1356x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498120431882.jpg
924KB, 1356x1080px
>>387312345
>Now show me character models and tell me they look good.
They look good.
>>
>>387312094
>But we shouldn't pretend that Cyrodil wasn't always supposed to be filled with tropical jungles before they changed it for Oblivion.

You are not going to get tropical rainforests next to deciduous forests. It's a temperate rainforest in Oblivion. And yes, it is in the game. It's borders the mangrove forest, also mentions in that book everyone always refers to, that is located in the south.

They even adhere to the elevation description from the book. The only thing that isn't mentioned is the dry grassland towards the west, but they do mention that area is a wet dry region that sees frequent fires in summer so maybe they thought something like what we got would be better than more forest.
>>
>>387312682
true

molag bal the king of rape had kids with Vivec

that means one of 'em spawned a vagina and an uterus
>>
>>387309501
Fuck you, back peddling nigger
>>
>>387312752
>molag bal the king of rape had kids with Vivec

What? That's bullshit.
>>
File: XiXpv.jpg (387KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XiXpv.jpg
387KB, 1920x1080px
>>387312735
kek

here you have sir, your 3 massage apparatuses and the lingerie you ordered
>>
>>387312796
Sermon 12 is the one that talks about Vivec and Molag Bal's banging, children, and marriage.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:The_36_Lessons_of_Vivec#Sermon_Twelve

I imagine now that TES is mainstream they'll dumb down some of the deepest lore to make it normie friendly.
>>
>>387312161
Hemp is made from a different cannabis plant to the one that gets you high though.
>>
>>387312742

>5 mods later that could make or break the game

rly makes u thunk
>>
I wanna try out Oblivion but downloading all the mods seems so damn annoying.
>>
>>387312752
>spawned a vagina and an uterus
you make it sound like they created a magical flying creature consisting of female reproductive organs
>>
>>387312895
At least they hint on it in Skyrim with Serana and family getting raped into a vampire by him.
>>
>>387312923
What's so bad about it? Do you have slow internet?
>>
>>387309532
Please, they're amazing compared to the quests in Morrowind.
>>
>>387312969
Yeah
>>
>>387312958
Not only Serana and her mom, Lord Harkon himself got raped too.

Fun for the whole family
>>
File: 1494127794457.jpg (331KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494127794457.jpg
331KB, 1600x900px
>>387312915
Only an absolute moron would break the game with less than 100 mods. Use Mod Organizer.
>>
>>387312993
Most mods aren't so big. Some are only a few kilobytes.
>>
>>387313112
Really? I thought most mods were like 1-2 GB
>>
>>387312915
You know nothing about modding anon.

You can install 500 mods as long as they're not all script heavy like Open Cities
>>
>>387313032
>Lord Harkon himself got raped too

No, he sacrificed a ton of his people instead. Molag Bal is the prince of domination as well as rape. Shows of domination please him.
>>
>>387312735
Customs doesn't care. They're overworked and underpaid by the government. Only thing they're thinking about when they open your package is whether their next paycheck will allow them to buy the stuff they need so they can finally know death's warm embrace.
>>
>>387313076
>>387313153

Yeah I suppose that's true, I've modded OG Skyrim and got it to look pretty top notch, and got to make my Orc daddy/waifu, but once I realized there wasn't much else to do, it remains frozen on my HDD
>>
>>387312735
where do you buy dildos for one cent
>>
>>387309532
What would you (or any other anon) recommend? Hopefully something that doesn't require me to learn the entire D&D spell/skill list to not hit a road block mid game that forces me to start over.
>>
>>387311018
You're full of shit, the only places talking about it are OOG references by a fired writer and a madman in Whiterun who are obviously wrong since the notion of Cyrodiil being turned into a jungle between the few years gaping Morrowind and Oblivion is just stupid.
>>
>>387313151
Graphic mods tend to be very heavy, but the heaviest mod in Skyrim is the Dragonborn Museum or some shit like that and I don't recomend it unless you're a completionist.
>>
File: MW_Vivec_Gott[1].jpg (69KB, 521x574px) Image search: [Google]
MW_Vivec_Gott[1].jpg
69KB, 521x574px
>>387312895
What the heck is this smut doing in the lore? Did it happen before or after Morrowind? If before, why did Vivec still have feet in Morrowind? Did he meet Molag in the realm of tamriel, or cold harbor?
>>
>>387313151
That's only the shitty 4k texture packs and Overhauls that you shouldn't install in the first place.

Most range from a few kb to 50mb. It's only really the mods that contain a fuckload of custom models and textures that have a big size.
>>
>>387313265
Discount offer I'd wager.
>>
>>387312501
No.
>>
>>387313309
>>387313343
Maybe it won't be so bad then. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>387312752
>gods need sexual organs to have kids
>>
>>387313295
You clearly don't know how CHIM works and how overpowered it is
>>
>>387313317
>What the heck is this smut doing in the lore?

Still more classy than the lusty argonian maid
>>
File: 1497732773468.jpg (3MB, 3904x4320px) Image search: [Google]
1497732773468.jpg
3MB, 3904x4320px
>>387312742
>>387313076
>posting this trash character again
sad!
>>
>>387313343
Should I install Requiem?
>>
>>387313595
Uncle Crassius is best TES character.
>>
>>387313595
delete this pls
>>
File: 1501550643308.jpg (77KB, 700x658px) Image search: [Google]
1501550643308.jpg
77KB, 700x658px
You think Todd is waiting for the next generation of consoles to start being developed so he can make the next Elder Scrolls look as good as modded Skyrim but on consoles?
>>
>>387313265
you can probably buy used dildos for half of that

its not like you can't clean them up
>>
>>387313716
No
>>
>>387313684
I don't know. I've never played the Overhauls since they tend to break the games so much or go full autism with shit like 1-hit ko's.
>>
File: my love is like a spear.png (401KB, 665x568px) Image search: [Google]
my love is like a spear.png
401KB, 665x568px
>>387312752
vivec is a hermaphrodite
>>
>>387313716
power is not the issue with elder scrolls games.
>>
File: 1499989080587.png (948KB, 1316x740px) Image search: [Google]
1499989080587.png
948KB, 1316x740px
>>387313716
Nigga, please.

He'll just use the same engine that he used for fallout 4, shitty animations and empy open world included.
>>
>>387313608
That armor is sub par. The arm and leg pieces don't need to be made of so many parts. They could be one part and much stronger. The torso plates being segmented would make sense if they could rotate, but they are all locked to each other by that frontal spine.
>>
File: dunmer queen the catfucker.png (510KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
dunmer queen the catfucker.png
510KB, 600x398px
>>387313317
They met in the middle of the ash desert
>Then Vivec left the capital of Veloth and wandered far into the ash. He found a span of badlands to practice his giant-form.

Also Daggerfall had an uncensored version of the Real Barenziah where she gets fucked unconsious in the middle of the bee and the barb by a khajiit's thorny cock. She late was given a forced abortion by Tiber Septim and his wizard and woke up in a puddle of fetus giblets.
>>
>>387313595
That play was written by a respected and wealth member of House Hlaalu
>>
>>387314075
Crassius made me restart the game. It was either get locked out of completing any great house quest line or get sexually harassed.

Completely clashed with how I was roleplaying.
>>
YOU SLEEP SOUNDLY FOR A MURDERER
>>
File: 1459401411973.png (77KB, 508x929px) Image search: [Google]
1459401411973.png
77KB, 508x929px
>>387309020
ants are very important
>>
>>387315097
why'd they add more diseases in oblivion
for vhat porpoise
>>
>>387315097
>Oblivion weapon types
Dagger, shortsword, longsword, 2h sword, mace, axe, 2h axe, 2h mace, bow, staff = 10
>Skyrim weapons
Dagger, sword, mace, axe, 2h sword, 2h axe, 2h mace, bow, crossbow, staff = 10

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>387315227
Someone probably just thought of some names for diseases they thought were clever and put them in. It's not like it'd be hard. Probably a few minutes of work since all the systems needed to implement them are already there.
>>
>>387314392
>Crassius made me restart the game. It was either get locked out of completing any great house quest line or get sexually harassed.
I thought that was only required for Hlaalu.
>>
>>387315416
Probably counted before dawnguard.
>>
>>387315539
Yeah but you can't join another house after joining Hlaalu so I had to restart. Which isn't that big a deal since you do stuff wrong on your first playthrough of an rpg. Joining Hlaalu being one of them.
>>
>>387309707
I had plenty of fun playing Oblivion, and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>387309821
wrong. It was one of the first games to support pixel shaders for water and the water looked incredible but, you had to have a geforce 3 or equivalent card which at the time not many people had.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 283x357px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 283x357px
HAS ANYBODY MADE THE BETHESDA BUG JOKE YET
>>
>>387312514
>foilage and sky frozen in time
Industry purge when?
>>
>>387315416
It's biased anyway. It separates weapons into it's subtypes for Morrowind.

1H Axe
2H Axe
1H Mace + Club
2H Hammer
Staff
Dagger + Tanto
Short Sword
1H Sword + Katanas
2H Sword + Daikatana
Spear + Halberd
Bows
Crossbows
Throwing Knife + Throwing Star + Throwing Dart

Well, that's 20. Your can try guessing which one they didn't count. I guess either Halberds or Clubs.
>>
>>387309020
How did that trunk come from that stump?
>>
>>387316390
The log already got dragged away ages ago. Those are logs from other trees they haven't bothered moving.
>>
>>387316281
So people are defending a streamlined shit RPG that probably killed off a lot of RPGs when the pleb mainstream do not want to touch anything else than Skyrim or Romance simulator RPGs?
>>
SKYWIND WHEN
>>
>>387317325
Probably. But when folks make a list to help them make a point it's often biased toward their side further than an honest list would. Often omitting anything that would go against their point.

See the list posted above.
>>
>>387317529
Yeah well, Todd is a lying cunt himself so I g et people think it is fair and square. To bad people believe him even with mods being evidence of his bullshit.
>>
Reminder Azura got raped
>>
>>387319239
That's pretty hot, tell me more.
>>
File: Azura.jpg (11KB, 250x156px) Image search: [Google]
Azura.jpg
11KB, 250x156px
>>387320282
Not the poster but that bitch used to be a topless hotty in the older games. Imagine this today and the cries of the mainstream and media.
>>
>>387320528
What a shame.
>>
File: muatra.png (325KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
muatra.png
325KB, 900x1300px
>>387320282
>>
>>387320528
I don't think people would care all that much. Just slap a mature rating onto it.

But if they do include that it makes me worried they're going down the 'gritty, violent, realistic and mature' game of thrones and witcher path. Which I really don't want.
>>
>>387320747
that image with the spear in her mouth gets me rock solid
>>
>>387320528
Serious sam had naked harpy enemies so you never know
>>
>>387321057
>>387320713
Could add some tits and ass without the grit. Thing is, people hate that today cause its "Mah sexism" and "Mah equality" shit.
>>
File: 1234567890.jpg (66KB, 721x723px) Image search: [Google]
1234567890.jpg
66KB, 721x723px
>>387320747
>that spear in her mouth
>>
>>387312081
Tell me more of those sweet little lies Todd.
>>
>>387320747
azura is cute! CUTE!!
>>
>>387321102
>>387321329
it's not a spear
>>
>>387309020
Holy shit those graphics look like ass.
>>
>>387321862
Best not to lean in too close to ass, I suppose.
>>
File: 1496511771553.jpg (126KB, 640x402px) Image search: [Google]
1496511771553.jpg
126KB, 640x402px
HERE IN MY TEMPLE
>>
File: image.jpg (232KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232KB, 1920x1080px
>>387312345
>>
>>387312895
>>387312796
>>387312752

That means their children are literally faggotborn.
>>
>>387322023
HERE IN MY SHRINE
>>
>>387322080
THAT YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN
>>
no those are textures
>>
File: 1502514324935.jpg (31KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1502514324935.jpg
31KB, 470x470px
>>387312895
>And Molag Bal crushed the warrior-poet's feet, which were not invulnerable, and had legions cleave them off. Mighty fires from the Beginning Place were brought like nets to hold Vivec and he let them.

>'I would prefer,' he said, 'some kind of ceremony if we are to be married.'
>>
>>387322143
HERE DO YOU TOIL
>>
>>387322238
THAT YOU MIGHT REMEMBER
>>
>>387322294
HERE YOU RECLAIM
>>
why is there no spears in skyrim
>>
>>387322350
WHAT FAITHLESS MINDS HAVE STOLEN
>>
File: 1499037354281.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499037354281.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>387322418
FAR FROM YOURSELF
>>
>>387322382

They ran out of time. Someone had a real hard-on for that 11.11.11 release date.
>>
File: 1471869411418.png (228KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471869411418.png
228KB, 640x480px
>>387322382
>>
>>387322382
classic post
>>
File: Daesanguine.jpg (10KB, 237x148px) Image search: [Google]
Daesanguine.jpg
10KB, 237x148px
What is he holding?
>>
File: 1487649043814.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1487649043814.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>387322498
I GROW EVER NEARER TO YOU
>>
>>387322382
During an interview with Todd Howard, he was asked why they don't have spears. He said people keep thinking of thing to add to games while he tries to find unnecessary thing to remove.

So streamlining or simplifying I guess is his answer.
>>
File: 1491543027018.png (183KB, 281x339px) Image search: [Google]
1491543027018.png
183KB, 281x339px
>>387309534

It wouldn't have worked in 2D, what are you talking about?
>>
>>387322579
dibella statue
like the one you tried to fuck in markath when he got you drunk
>>
>>387322579
a naked golden saint he magically paralyzed into a staff
>>
>>387322703
>Todd: They are not in Skyrim for the same reasons we didn’t include them in Oblivion. I’ll address each one. First spears, the truth is we’d love to do them, but it becomes a priority and development time thing for us.

No, "streamlining or simplifying" is not his answer at all.
>>
>>387322049
Now THIS is a good waifu
>>
File: skyrimconcept.jpg (166KB, 1600x877px) Image search: [Google]
skyrimconcept.jpg
166KB, 1600x877px
>>387309020
It's a sad thing that such an ridiculously incompetent studio had a concept artist of this caliber. His talent was completely wasted on Bethesda.
>>
File: 1474095885627.png (163KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1474095885627.png
163KB, 900x900px
A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON!
>>
File: MUH.gif (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
MUH.gif
19KB, 400x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmdyd-xsTvU
>>
File: sexy catgirl bent against wall.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sexy catgirl bent against wall.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>387323262
>find beacon
>close chest and commit suicide
who the fuck is meridia anyways
>>
>>387323262
This is cute, why couldn't the entire quest just be petting her?
>>
>>387311387
they spent all the va budget on Sean Bean, give them a break
>>
>>387323616
>ywn be fucked by Mephala
>>
File: Beacon.png (2MB, 1369x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Beacon.png
2MB, 1369x1500px
>>387323786
>petting her
>>
>>387309336
Morrowind was always ugly, and it was only difficult to max out because Bethesda is incompetent at optimizing their games.

Kingdom Hearts came out the same year Morrowind did.
>>
I don't know why everybody has a problem with level scaling in oblivion, just get a mod to fix/replace it or just play at level 1 like I do ya doofuses.
>>
>>387323026
It was an interview about Oblivion.
>>
>>387309020
>One unique fucking tree in whole game
I'm still mad
>>
>>387312514
this would look better if the flowers and leaves actually moved
>>
>>387323026
>>387324523
Here it is, at 1:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ZOuv9sTcY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m49s
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40KB, 1280x720px
>>387309380
>>
>>387309248
Oblivion is ugly as shit though and it had about the same amount of content as Skyrim.
>>
>>387325050
haha no way. the guild quests alone are double in both quality and content than what skyrim has
>>
>>387310524
>Jungle Cyrodiil was never a thing.

Bullshit. In Oblivion there is even a book that mentions Talos using CHIM to change it into a generic Western European fantasy land. That's Bethesda's faggoty way of saying they retconned it.
>>
>>387323956
MOAR
>>
>>387325050
Oblivion had better quests like Hackdirt or Paranoia
>>
>>387325157
Only the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild tbqh. Dark Brotherhood wasn't even that bad in Skyrim I enjoyed the questline.
>>
why isn't it a jungle in ESO?
>>
>>387325492
Because Molag Bal messed it up.
>>
>>387325451
Hackdirt is only notable for being a reference to Shadow Over Innsmouth. Paranoia isn't even worth mentioning.
>>
>>387322498
>>387322635
You spent all that time creating and posing that chracter but didn't spend 5 seconds fixing the obvious shoulder clipping?
>>
>>387309336
Morrowind came out in 2002, the same year as Super Mario Sunshine. They could have at least attempted an artstyle that would have held up, but they didn't, and in 2017 SMS still looks great while Morrowind looks abysmal
>>
>>387325451
When I met those Hackdirt folks, I just knew they'd attack me in my sleep. So I used the inn and it worked. Fun times.

Wish the game gave you a good reason to use inns normally so I didn't have to have it triggered on purpose.
>>
>>387325746
it's from the mod that turns miraak into a girl and lets you remove hermamora's influence on him/her and become a follower.
>>
File: 1392270184629.jpg (470KB, 1024x511px) Image search: [Google]
1392270184629.jpg
470KB, 1024x511px
>>387323237
RIP Adam
>>
File: tumblr_ni2folQn4T1rqpvh1o1_500.png (175KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni2folQn4T1rqpvh1o1_500.png
175KB, 500x563px
>>387325451
man Hackdirt was such a good quest, felt really immersed
played as argonian, and felt the need to step in the mystery, it was the first time in a betheda game I felt like a fucking hero
killed them old god fuckers with genuine rage for my lizard waifu
I went selling and buying stuff in their store only for that playtrough
>>
>>387325790
Why would you want Morrowind to look like a fucking cartoon?
>>
>>387325603
It's about it adding some variety and depth to the world or at least an illusion of it. You can actually go read Glathiars notes about his paranoia in his house. Hackdirt is simply some wierd shit that can intrigue the player.
>>
File: 1500539009409.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500539009409.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
>>387325746
It always looks like it clips.
Even in official art.
>>
File: 1501270329880.jpg (91KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
1501270329880.jpg
91KB, 803x790px
>>387309707
that happens every new elderscrolls game.

oblivion was real shit tho, except dlc's and those two questlines as you mentioned
>>
File: 61E62S3F97L.jpg (81KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
61E62S3F97L.jpg
81KB, 500x375px
>>387309336
Morrowind was always ugly. Don't give me some shit about the scale of the game. It was still ugly. This came out the same year.
>>
>>387309020
WHAAATTT??? ANTS??? omg skyrim GOAT i didn't know now i have to go back to play this 24/7 . damn! ants. wish i'd have known sooner!
>>
>>387326034
No one wants Morrowind to look like a cartoon, but even that would be better than the shit we got.
>>
>>387326084
Are you insinuating that Bethesda Softworks, a company of which Todd Howard is the president, screwed up?
>>
File: 1327521034704.jpg (30KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
1327521034704.jpg
30KB, 600x509px
>>387325451
I actually felt bad for that crazy fucker
>mfw I actually stalked the people he thought they conspired against him
>mfw half way in the quest I realized he was legit crazy
>mfw he started attacking me, and then guards chopped him into pieces in my face
>>
>>387326262
Yeah, they're pretty great. They're behind Riverview Manor from the Hearthfire dlc. The stump is big so it shouldn't be hard to find. You should check them out.
>>
>>387313317
Vivec imagines himself to be a poet. He writes in obscure and nonsensical metaphor specifically to obfuscate the truth, and in doing so define his own reality. He's basically such a weirdo and egotistical bastard that he mantles Mephala and acts as the daedric prince in certain instances, like the Pomegranate Banquet. But just as Vivec actually did modify some bits of reality, there's also parts of his sermons that are straight bullshit and just being hard to understand to give him a mask of false divinity.
>>
>>387325460
mages guild in skyrim was tiny though
>>
File: how_to_clean_your_spear.png (219KB, 611x595px) Image search: [Google]
how_to_clean_your_spear.png
219KB, 611x595px
One thing that always bugged me about Oblivion and Morrowind was that your Endurance level dictated how much your health would increase each level. That meant if you increased your endurance at a lower level you would end up with more health than a character that increased it at a higher level, even if you had exactly the same stats.

It's not hard. Even DnD had the common dense to increase your health 1dwhatever per level if you increased your constitution.

It was such an easy fix. Apparently it was all too much and Skyrim had to get rid of attributes all together.
>>
>>387326931
Good riddance to attributes. I don't want to spend half an hour each level trying to max out my gains. Especially if there's level scaling so I'd have to do it.

At least it was easier in Morrowind since the level scaling wasn't as bad, it just changed the enemies and there was no limit on how much you could use trainers. Still didn't like it.
>>
>>387312549
What armor/outfit is that?
>>
>play as a loli
>prostitute self to older women
This is the only reason I still care about Skyrim.
>>
>>387309248
>bethesdsa
>graphics
topkek
>>
>>387326931

That was almost certainly deliberate because, as you said, it's a ridiculously easy fix. You can't make a game like TES and not know how to implement retroactive attributes, especially considering other attributes in the game are retroactive. TES is not DnD. It's not "leveling up", it's ostensibly living a life. Someone who has built their endurance from a young age IS going to be hardier than someone who waited until later.

It doesn't really matter anyway, min maxing has never been necessary because it's too easy to become an OP god in TES 1-3 and there is level scaling in 4 and 5.
>>
>>387309248
>Morrowind looks like shit

Lmao. The scenery is god tier in that game.
>>
Morrowind still looks better than Oblivion just by virtue of having better scenery.
Thread posts: 239
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.