[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look at this. Just fucking look at this. Boostfags will never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: sonic adventure_1.webm (3MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
sonic adventure_1.webm
3MB, 720x576px
Look at this. Just fucking look at this. Boostfags will never be able to do shit like this. Sonic games will never again offer this level of freedom
>>
i don't know, mate
a spindash in today's games using ~fancy, hd graphics~ would probably spark a lot of debate on the controls being "slippery" and the levels being "too expansive" and "not fast enough"
i wouldn't be against a 3D spindash in a sonic game tho
>>
>>387302839
I don't even care about the spindash, it just bothers me that modern sonic games don't make good use of Sonic's moveset like this. In Sonic Adventure you're allowed to take different shortcuts and cover huge amounts of terrain in seconds thanks to your knowledge of Sonic's moveset and your skill with it. Modern Sonic games have just given up on that and make you boost through one set path
>>
>>387302572
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZgk8gJc6g
>>
I maintain that SA1 is the best 3D sonic has ever controlled
>>
no sonic game will be like that again because developers put invisible walls everywhere
>>
>>387302572
I agree.
>>387303502
Physics are a bit janky though.
>>
File: 1501608431578.jpg (11KB, 200x197px) Image search: [Google]
1501608431578.jpg
11KB, 200x197px
>>387302572
>invisible walls aren't almost non existent
>everything has a slope
>rewards exploration through physics based platforming
>ditch all of it for boost to win hallways because "I GOTSA GO FAST 100% OF THE TIME"
was ditching 2/3 of the things that made classic sonic great worth it for just speed? it's like they took the "hold right to win" meme and ran with it.
>>
>>387302572
>he sat on the elevator instead of spindashing the guideline
>>
>>387303412
I am genuinely upset there's not more of this.
>>
>>387304064
He didn't cancel the jump making sonic land on the elevator in his cool pose
>>
File: 1446184901284.png (284KB, 432x428px) Image search: [Google]
1446184901284.png
284KB, 432x428px
>>387304020
Hopefully Sonic Mania's and Super Mario Odyssey's positive reception will allow Sega to consider revisiting the Dreamcast Sonic gameplay. While I do like parts of Unleashed, Colors, and parts of Generation, SA1 and sometimes SA2 gave you a lot of platforming freedom. You can either follow the yellow brick road, or you can just say fuck it, find a slope, and run on the walls. I miss making my own alternate paths rather than the game making alt paths for me to find.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.