[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you like remastered graphics so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

So how do you like remastered graphics so far?
>>
>>387300879

I guess they're good; nothing really new other than being better than StarCraft 2.
>>
>>387300879
_ ____ __ ____ ____ hive
>>
>>387300879
It's ok, I like the added matchmaking and higher res support and other small things. Still has the custom games too.
>>
>>387300879

The stills look really bad but it looks pretty good in motion imo.
>>
Been playing BigGameHunters all day, mostly getting stomped. I'm still pretty awful but I feel like I'm getting better. Our whole team got fucked by carriers in the last match.

I like the new graphics, they're great with a few missteps here and there.
>>
can you play multiplayer with the non remastered version?
>>
>>387300879
I really love it
>>
>>387302174
yes, but not matchmaking
>>
>>387302174
>>387302408
there is also no cheat protection
>>
Is there any good introduction to Starcraft tutorials? I'd like to at least finish the campaign but I'm getting wrecked.
>>
>>387302991
Day9 said he will do an intro series to Brood War. I'm sure he will start rolling the show out within the next few weeks. He's probably the best teacher, as far as Starcraft is concerned.

Here's a little primer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP9F-AZezCU
>>
It's fun. Also gave me an excuse to replay the campaigns. Might check out multiplayer after playing the original campaigns.

>>387302991

Teamliquid and their wiki is your best place for strategies and tutorials. Le narcissistic laughing man is also planning to do BW dailies.
I'd say you focus on build orders first. Learn couple of them against every race. People are probably gonna be very rush heavy during the first weeks so something defensive is probably a good idea. Remember to scout!
>>
>>387302991
learn 1 build order for every matchup
always make workers if t/p
always make stuff (production, tech, or expand)
>>
>>387303091
He already did like 8 years ago. All his first videos were about Broodwar
>>
>>387302991
0. have a relatively clear idea of what build order/army composition you want to achieve against your opponent's race. you will sometimes be forced to react and adjust on the fly, but you still need to have an overarching theme of your match-up 100% figured out before the match begins.
1. ensure high steady income
2. make sure that you spend that income at a steady rate, i.e. producing fighting units non-stop, all the while increasing said income
3. have as good a vision of the map as possible throughout the match and look at the mini map every three seconds to make sure you spot any shenanigans

this alone will get you to reliably beat most opponents who are not great at the nuances of the game, i.e. the lower 30-50% of the player base, especially now with relatively many new people coming in

4. is controlling units properly because pathfinding in Starcraft is utter garbage compared to modern standards. you have to babysit your units non-stop if you want to be efficient with them. this is where skill ceiling skyrockets.
>>
Did they also update the editor or is it still shit?
>>
>>387303829
I played a lot of Starcraft multiplayer back in the day™ but I was never any good. And like I said, I was never able to even finish the campaigns. Which is pretty emberassing considering I played this game no joke every night after school for years.

As far as the real game, multiplayer goes, it's the weird shit that always gets me. I can build an army just fine but they sneak in just outside my field of view and fuck my shit up with special abilities that I can never seem to execute in a timely manner, is there a quicker way than select control group, click unit, press ability hotkey?
>>
>read a strategy guide
>be good at micro
the "best RTS game of all time" ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>387300879
was playing this with friends in australia last night in a 3v3 game. every region we tried had terrible lag so aussie brood war players out there lemme know what region you're using pls <3

inb4 try changing game host, we did many times..
>>
>>387304214
beyond hotkeying your units and positions, it's just clicking faster

also, learning to prevent cheese tactics is like half the game at this point, but it boils down to the same couple of points - 1. be able to spot the cheese, 2. have already figured out exactly what you need to do immediately
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.