[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this not exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (1MB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1191x670px
Why does this not exist?
>>
>>387300749
Why should it?
>>
>>387300749
more like furry inceptor
>>
>online co-op

Every level would need to be all-range mode because otherwise you'd crash into eachother too much.
>>
That looks fucking horrible. Fuck matchmaking, fuck leveling systems in multiplayer games, fuck loadouts, and fuck you.
>>
>>387300749
>Sector Z

Way to choose the worst stage in 64
>>
>>387301076
Or you could just have each player on a different "rail," where you cross frequently to support each other, in appearance playing just like normal except the NPCs are real.
>>
>>387301129
Literally why to any of this?
>Fuck matchmaking
BAD matchmaking can ruin a multiplayer game, but what's wrong with it done right?
>fuck leveling systems in multiplayer games
Do you not like progression and the ability to gain a larger selection of arsenal based on progression?
>fuck loadouts
You already had that to a degree in Command and it worked just fine. Do you dislike the variety, or afraid of weapon imbalance?
>>
>>387301365
That would actually be pretty cool. You could have moments where the enemies hover right in front of you or chase behind you, and while you COULD brake and/or shoot them down, your partner could cover you too.
>>
>>387301443
>Do you not like progression and the ability to gain a larger selection of arsenal based on progression?
Why? What do you stand to gain from grinding in a multiplayer game? Why does everyone like this?
>>
>>387301443
>BAD matchmaking can ruin a multiplayer game, but what's wrong with it done right?
It has never been "done right", it ruins every game it touches.
>Do you not like progression and the ability to gain a larger selection of arsenal based on progression?
No I fucking hate it. Multiplayer games and RPG elements go together like Orange Juice and Toothpaste.
>>
>>387301606
>>387301642
lol
>>
>>387301606
>>387301642
I flat out think it's fun. I like the idea of completion, and while many online games I've played are fun on it's own I think it just adds goals to the game.
>>
>>387301606
I'll never understand what people see in modern multiplayer games. Every fucking game has implementing grinding mechanics and people seem to love it. It's just an endless fucking carrot on a stick, I swear all these awful trends just come down to ways to monetize online multiplayer.

Things were so much better when we just had fucking server browsers and the ability for any player to host a server.
>>
>>387301726
>games aren't fun on the merits of their gameplay, I need arbitrary goals that destroy game balance and render the early game unspeakably dull
I just want to play the fucking game, I don't want a bunch of XP, loot boxes, and leveling systems getting in the way constantly. They just bog everything down to keep mouthbreathers invested. The gaming industry would be in a much better place if Online Multiplayer had remained confined to the PC and Local Multiplayer confined to consoles. There are mediocre multiplayer games from 20 years ago that are more fun than the average AAA multiplayer trash and its entirely due to the horrible influence Xbox live has had on this fucking industry.
>>
>>387302290
Now let me say this- I enjoy the weapon unlocks and XP/level count. It lets me see how far I've come over time. However one thing I absolutely hate are loot boxes and anything involving a percent unlock, payed DLC, or any combination. I come from the time when anything unlocked came from progressing through the game and its levels. Simply beating it was enough to get you every item that had mechanical differences/alterations/powerups, and cosmetics and collectables were either scattered through the game too or special challenges. The thing I like about online multiplayer doing levels and unlocks are that it's the closest thing you're going to get to that. Sure we may have the same X number of maps to play online with, but leveling and unlocking all the upgrades/sidegrades through playing, progressing faster as a reward for playing better,
I also even like weapon/item achievement challenges because it gives me a reason to try other weapons that I don't usually. If they didn't exist I would be using the same 4 or 5 guns for every game I play. Because I have something to work towards and gives me that "completion" feeling, I actually enjoy getting acclimated to that funny weapon I would have never touched before. And for those that don't care about these challenges, they need to feel no obligation to commit to completing them since they ordinarily give nothing but cosmetic options for that set of items.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.