[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This saves the franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 529
Thread images: 110

File: 1497273407093.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497273407093.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
This saves the franchise
>>
and this destroys it again.
>>
>>387300460
I really want this to be good, but the more I see of it the goofier it looks. Such a downward spike from Mania.
>>
Does anyone have the Mean Bean Vs./Final of Puyo Puyo remix? I downloaded an OST and it's not there for some reason
>>
>>387300460
>Can create your own original sonic character
>kills something
Nahh, it will be big success.
>>
Can anyone tell me, does this game have new levels or just remixed/remade ones? People tell me different answers all the time. Some say it's all old levels but with a twist, while some people say that there are new levels as well.
>>
>>387301081
Remixed, old ones, and new ones.
>>
>>387301081
it's all true
>>
>>387301081
8 old levels with twists (outside Lava Reef Act 2)
4 new levels
>>
>>387301081
>does this game have new levels or just remixed/remade ones
yes
>>
>>387301081
>Some say it's all old levels but with a twist, while some people say that there are new levels as well.
Both are right.
>>
File: Sonic Utopia.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Utopia.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
The success of this >>387300341
will turn this >>387300460
Into this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZgk8gJc6g
>>
>>387301157
>>387301158
>>387301179

Alright cool, thanks. Seems I'm gonna buy this next friday then when the salary comes.
>>
>Blue Sphere
brb killing self
>>
>>387301081
Sonic Mania includes both old zones from Sonic 1,2,CD,3&K and brand new levels as well. For old zones, Act 1 is a condensed version of the levels from the original games while Act 2 is the level aesthetics with new twists.
>>
>>387301247
>Implying Blue Sphere isn't the best special stage in all of Sonic
>>
File: bestpartofthegame.png (51KB, 1272x720px) Image search: [Google]
bestpartofthegame.png
51KB, 1272x720px
Anyone else wish we had more, harder Chaos Emerald stages? Those things were fun as fuck, but I beat the final emerald's stage in 2 tries. shit was too easy once you got the hang of it. I want more!
>>
>>387301072
>cherry pick something that doesn't affect gameplay or anything substantial in any way
>GET HYPED!!
>>
>>387301225
>implying 3D Sonic will ever resemble something like Utopia
Sonic Team wasn't even aware that something like Mania was what people wanted. They're so completely out of touch that the best we can hope for is that Sega allows more Mania-esque games to be released alongside whatever new Sonic experiment Sonic Team decides to drop on us every so often.
>>
>>387301427
I am having serious trouble finding the special stage rings so far.
>>
>>387301437
>doesn't affect anything substantial in any way
Just visit devianart.
"Original" character everything sonic autists need.
>>
>>387301081
Best way I can describe how they handled the older levels: Many of the Act 1 stages are like a remixed version of the original stages, but with more going on and sometimes fucking with player expectations (Like how they reversed the underwater platform puzzle in chemical plant). Basically, using the core concepts of the original levels.

Many of the Act 2 versions of those levels introduce new ideas and are pretty much completely different, although a few of them have nods to the original levels (As well as several levels that are not represented). Both acts have a boss.

I personally think it was done very well, and even the older levels feel fresh again due to the great level design. Some of the bosses can be hit or miss Flying Battery Act 2 boss and Stardust Speedway Act 2 are both kinda bad. The rest are pretty solid
>>
>>387300341
I caved and bought this for a relative of mine I'm staying at for a few days because the copy I bought for myself, and the only platform I own for it, was PC.

... And God damn is Mania fucking fantastic. Holy shit everything is just so good. It's like the game is one of those demons from all those doujins that lubes you up with aphrodisiac and rapes you into mindless bliss.
>>
>>387301072
>Nahh, it will be big success.
>he isn't aware that Sonic games have been selling less and less with each new title
Sonic is becoming less relevant as time goes on, and the series' sales are reflecting that. An OC creator isn't going to change this, because the same autists obsessed with OC's already buy anything with Sonic's face on it anyway.

Smaller budget projects like Mania might be better for both Sega and the Sonic franchise going forward, honestly.
>>
>>387301462
I would admit that you're right, but it hurts to do. :(
I just want Sonic to be great again, and I would love to see SEGA be able to return to their heyday one day...

Mania definitely feels like a fantastic start to a better SEGA and a better Sonic though. Maybe they'll start listening to the fans' ideas if they realize just how well it worked out.
>>
File: tiny.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tiny.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>387301482
you can just beat it and use stage select for the ring locations you already know. The emeralds remain on your file and the rings respawn.
>>
>>387301749
Did they say how much Forces will be? Generations was $40 at launch, and that was one of the big reasons I even bothered picking it up (Keep in mind bad sonic games had been the dominant force for years at that point, so I was leery).
>>
File: taxmanstealth.jpg (116KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
taxmanstealth.jpg
116KB, 550x825px
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (1MB, 1200x1412px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
1MB, 1200x1412px
>>387301752
>Mania definitely feels like a fantastic start to a better SEGA and a better Sonic though.
Shame that this is being released in a few months to wipe that thought away.
>>
>>387301829
same price. $40 I believe
>>
>>387301832
Which one is Stealth? I want to laugh at him and his kid voice.
>>
>>387301829
>Did they say how much Forces will be?
I think some leaked pre-order info stated that it will be around 40-50 bucks.
>>
There are a few bugs in the PS4 version.

If you get pushed into the wall (e.g. by the moving platforms in CPZ), you have to mash the jump button until you pop out the top (a bit like the sand streams in Sandopolis).
>>
>>387300341
look. When an old game gets something like this done for it, it makes me proud to share it with others. I can show my young nephews what's it's like to be an OG without having to rely on bringing out the old swag gensis that's still manages to run properly for me to play street fighter 2 (the best street fighter, I dare you to agrue otherwise) toejam and earl and of course, sonic.

It's not something that makes me enbarassed that this is the "best" modern work and represents the series like ratchet and clank 2016

Mania is the game that connects the past to the future kinda like how Crash was able to become relevant 20 decades later, having less star power than Mario or sonic.

It gives me hope Bros, it reassures me that there are passionate people still out there, making vidoegames and trying to make the world a little bit brighter. It gives me the strength to hit that "continue" button.

I'm probably taking this a bit far and serious but sega was my childhood. It's what gave me solstice as a kid who was a mute for 7 years of his life and wasn't never capable to make friends. Hell, my first friend (a girl) happens because we started playing hamtaro on the GBA together back in grade 1. Video games mean a lot to me, and when I first listened to the announcement trailer, i legit started to tear up. Same thing happened when I saw the latest trailer. (Inb4 hyperpotions so bad, they make people cry) and the game was far from a dissapoinment. It doesn't ask me for anything. Not to take in some bigger message, not to figure out some lore points or be super focused on mechanics.

It just feels like it wants me to have fun. And I am. I'm having a great time. Just zooming around as sonic and co, with great music and amazing spritework to immerse myself in. I knew jack shit about what makes a good videogame when I was 7, but I felt grateful none the less back then, thankful for whoever made sonic 2. And I feel grateful to the guys that made this game too.
>>
I FUCKING HATE OIL OCEAN
25 YEARS LATER AND I STILL FUCKING HATE IT
>>
File: aXPYW2rb_700w_0.jpg (56KB, 700x576px) Image search: [Google]
aXPYW2rb_700w_0.jpg
56KB, 700x576px
>>387300341
>CWC doesn't care about Sonic anymore

Time is passing las, time is changing and we are getting old.
>>
>>387301916
The one without the groovy hair.
>>
>>387301462
>Sonic Team wasn't even aware that something like Mania was what people wanted.

But now they do. And Taxman is a fan, he knows what's up. He can carry the idea to them - even if he isn't the one to develop it.
>>
>>387301851
>not making tails and knuckles playable in classic and modern levels
that's what i honestly thought they would do
>>
>>387301886
>>387301934
That actually isn't bad. I might pick it up if it gets OK feedback.
>>
literally what's the difference between getting this and getting a really good romhack?
>>
File: 1502231601873.jpg (238KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1502231601873.jpg
238KB, 768x432px
>>387301978
>CWC doesn't care about Sonic anymore
Good. I was getting sick of his unclit getting mentioned every time sonic was brought up anyways
>>
>>387302013
There aren't any romhacks that feature the same quality level design as Mania.
>>
>>387301749
But Unleashed, Colors and Generations sold really well. And Generations sold more than both. It's only Lost World which had lower figures.
>>
>>387301505
You know one small touch I fucking got a retarded grin on my face over was so damn small. They took that one red spring in GHZ, you know the one, at the bottom of a hill just after a loop-de-loop that everyone fucking hits and eventually you git gud by either jumping over it or really gittin gud and using it to propel you up that hill back toward the loop-de-loop for the tv box on top of it, and made it a yellow spring. It changes so much about how that section of the zone is handled and its amazing how they built off of it with more stage additions to the area it now sends you.

These fuckers are masters at their craft.
>>
>>387300341
It only saves the franchise in the way that nearly two decades later people are realizing some things didn't need to make a jump to 3D, despite learning that with X8 / MM9 & 10 from Megaman many years ago, and probably NSMB with how gangbusters those sell compared to 3D Mario titles.

We still have>>387301851 releasing and showcasing that Sonic Team doesn't fully understand what works for Sonic due to stuff like Modern Sonic having multijumps ala Nintendo Sonic titles, a dark storyline, and already questionable stage design from the bits shown off.

The part that sucks is that we'll have Izuka screw things up somehow and if they ever do a Mania 2, it'll probably just be retooled into Sonic 4: Episode 3 so they can continue to rape Sonic CD's source material for reasons I can't fathom.

>>387301979
Thanks, he looks about what I figured, and makes me question what his wife Liz looks like.
>>
>>387302159
And Lost World only did bad because it was a Wii U exclusive for a while, then was just randomly dropped on Steam for like 20 bucks
Also it's shit
>>
>>387302013
>better level design
>improved physics because it runs of different engine (water shield fucking sucks in Sonic 3 and it's fixed)
>much smoother animation
no romhack exists that's of this quality.
>>
>>387302159
I think my biggest fear for Forces is they are going to use physics closer to Lost World for the 2D and 3D parts and not Generations, which wasn't perfect but still a lot better then what games after Generations had.
>>
>>387301978
>CWC Doesn't care about Sonic anymore
Source?
>>
>>387300341
I just smiled so fucking much during the Hydrocity act 1 mini boss. That was just...everything i ever wanted and more.
>>
>>387302245
They aren't, in the gameplay footage that theyve shown, it's closer to Colors. Boost is tied to wisps (but also knocking over enemies now) and Sonic has none of the fucking awful parkour shit from Lost World, those physics would not work in a Boost title
>>
>>387302087
>unclit
WHAT? UNICLEATS?
>>
>>387302291
That shit was so fucking clever I couldn't help but grin.
The Puyo Puyo boss made me fucking explode with hype even if I was spoiled on it
>>
>>387302317
>Wisps

Oh god no. They were OK in colors, but every game since then doesn't know how the fuck to handle them.
>>
>>387302245
from what i've seen it looks like generations to me which is alright
>>387301225
THIS is what 3D Sonic should be
>>
>>387301983
>He can carry the idea to them
Sonic Team has been given "ideas" of what to do for years. Their execution of these ideas is what always causes Sonic to be a laughing stock.

Speaking as someone who has followed the franchise for close to two decades now, modern Sonic Team is a lost cause. The team behind Mania is the best thing to happen to Sonic since 1994. Hopefully a sequel is greenlit by Sega soon and is given a higher budget.
>>
>>387302356
In Forces the gimmick wisps are used for OC stages. For modern sonic wisps are only used for boost.
>>
>>387301978
Maybe that's what finally got us a great game in a long while.
>>
>>387302350
I know right? I can't wait to see what other things pop up in this game. I agree though, fucking review sites spoiled it for me. I would have shit myself to see the mean bean machine boss battle my first time.
>>
Any tips on this Super Sonic fight? I don't want to lose and have to do all of that shit over again
>>
>>387301975

My nigga I feel the same fucking way I was having so much fun in mania I haven't gotten a single fucking game over in the game until I got to fucking oil ocean fuck those gas pump things between those two fucking spikes it is so retarded man.

And fuck the robotnik boss in act 2.

Just fuck this level all together.
>>
>>387302397
>modern Sonic Team
You know they actually do more than just Sonic, right?
Puyo Puyo Tetris is heavily acclaimed by fanbases of both. They just don't know how to handle Sonic.
>>
I hope the game wins Best Soundtrack/Music for the Game Awards this year; it deserves every single ounce of praise. I haven't listened to an OST this catchy for a long time.
>>
>>387302480
That boss is so easy to tank through though.
>>
>>387302446
Just nudge into them when they aren't trying to fist you. Don't bother with the dash attack.
>>
>>387302480
>tfw hated OOZ in 2
>tfw don't mind it in mania

I actually really enjoyed TMZ. Its a much more fun penultimate stage than Death Egg
>>
>>387302509
Does anyone have the OST? I found one download but it was incomplete.
If someone has a quality download of the Mean Bean Vs./Final of Puyo Puyo remix that'd help too
>>
>>387302159
>But Unleashed, Colors and Generations sold really well.
I said the series is gradually selling less and less with each new entry, not that they didn't sell well.
>And Generations sold more than both.
No, it didn't. I know for a fact that it did not sell more than Colors, with Colors' success over Generations being one of the main factors behind Lost World being a Nintendo exclusive.
>>
>>387302503
>You know they actually do more than just Sonic, right?
Yes, but I'm not sure how that's relevant considering we were talking about their involvement with the Sonic franchise specifically.

I'd honestly like to see more original titles from Sonic Team. They obviously don't have much passion for Sonic anymore and haven't for years.
>>
>>387302597
eh, Death Egg had a big hype factor to it thanks to the transition and the subsequent music, etc. Level design wasn't bad either.
>>
>>387302575
Thanks, that did the trick. I just tanked the robot's energy balls. It's silly how you can tank almost every sonic boss, but I don't really understand how you were even supposed to do that SS fight. The tackle seemed useless, and that guy was surrounded by nonsense the whole time
>>
>>387301832
gOTTA GO FAST
>>
SONIC MANIA (XBOX ONE DOWNLOAD CODE GIVEAWAY)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxVJtHNqhRo
>>
File: 1501199464132.gif (716KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501199464132.gif
716KB, 512x512px
>yfw you learn that the Phantom Ruby's power can damage Super Sonic and Infinite uses it in Forces
>>
>>387303008
>Xbone
>>
>>387302620
Lost Worlds was an exclusive because Nintendo secured the right to 3 exclusive Sonic titles, with Lost Worlds & Boom being two of those, and I believe one of them was a new olympic title.

Nintendo footed the bill, so they played around with some new gameplay elements, along with solidifying the death of Dimps on the series.

>>387303047
So could Big Arms, but I don't see people still freaking out about that.
>>
>>387301832
gotta go fast
>>
>>387302480
yeah im not feeling oil ocean this time either.
those rocket platforms are super annoying still and act 2 with the gas leak somehow made the level even worse
>>
>>387303069
Dimps is basically Sonic Team 2.0. How they went from Advance to the trash they make now
>>
I got a behemoth boner the moment I heard the triumphant reprise of the theme song when I went Super. Dude. Holy fuck. I haven't felt this way since the mid-ninties.
>>
Redpill be on Blue Sphere
Can you replay stages somewhere once you beat them?
Does it always go in sequence which one you get?
What happens when you gold them all, do they repeat?
>>
>>387301832
gotta go fast
>>
>>387301832
gotta go fast
>>
>>387300341
It's quite a return to form
Now if only it wasn't wasted on a joke of a franchise like Sonic.
>>
>>387301832
gotta go slow
>>
>>387303376
Sonic Forces is your fault now.
>>
>>387303221
Have we even heard anything about them after most people panned Sonic Lost Worlds 3DS? Between Sonic 4 & the post-Rush titles, it seemed like most people wanted them to move on to something else.

>>387303189
Limiting visibility in this series is a death sentence for gameplay, and that essentially returned us to one of the worst Sonic & Knuckles gimmicks and is a reminder why most people don't like Sandopolis Act 2.

>>387303372
>Shitpost the Anon
>>
>try to explore a level
>TIME OUT XD
Far be it from me to attempt to explore a level without being punished for it
>>
>>387302480
Oil Ocean has been shit in every Sonic game it's in.

Also the boss on Oil Ocean (the robotnik octopus robot) is buggy as all living fuck, I literally lost 10 lives from just like, falling through the floor and insta-dying an shit during that fight.
It's annoying because the boss itself is easy as fuck, it's just the fight is buggy.
>>
>>387303698
How the fuck did you spend more than nine minutes in a Sonic level?
>>
File: 1459636144488.gif (201KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
1459636144488.gif
201KB, 500x308px
>Order shipped
>Didn't realise I ordered it from the US version of the site instead my own country's
2-4 more weeks of waiting for that collector's edition...
>>
franchise was never dead to begin with
sure, it had its ups and downs, but it was still more popular than any of (You)r favorite SEGA games
also, the assumption that Sonic Forces is gonna be bad is an ignorant one
>>
>>387301505
>Flying Battery Act 2 boss and Stardust Speedway Act 2 are both kinda bad

But that's wrong you mong.
>>
>>387304147
nah Flying Battery Act 2 boss was pretty shit. Vastly preferred the Genesis one.
>>
>>387304238
It's kinda weird actually. Several of the bosses feel like victory laps for beating the stage. This game is still fucking awesome, but yeah.
>>
Utopiacucks shouldn't get their hopes up either. While the creators of Sonic Mania are cool and passionate fans of the series, creators of Utopia are a bunch of faggots who didn't like Sonic ever since it went 3D. That attitude alone won't get their shit tech demo anywhere near the godlike Mania.
Also, don't kid yourselves. Sonic Mania most likely won't change anything in the grand scheme of things in Sonic franchise. Sure, you'll get your 2D fix once in a while, but a lot of Mania success was due to its novelty. It's not a product with mass appeal, as any normal Sonic game, and obviously won't do enough to make any significant change. With SEGA's unique approach of always trying something new, of course, Sonic games are gonna go through some changes in the near future, but it's laughable to think that they're going to abandon wider audience in favor of a bunch of selfish manchildren.
>>
>>387304594
Dunkey already called it a Mastapeece, Sonic has been changed forever m8.
>>
>>387300341
I want you to seriously, honestly, truthfully, whole-heartedly defend this boss battle
>>
>>387304594
it depends on how much mania sells. Remember: The Money is Always Right!
>>
They NEED to add a level select to No Save mode if they insist on having us use that bullshit for abilities.
>>
>>387304704
It was fucking sick, man. Probably the closest thing to a flaw is how unruly the little guy is to aim.
>>
>>387304704
You're quite possibly just shit at it.

It's hype as fuck.
>>
>>387304714
Yeah, but Forces is releasing closer to Holiday season, and will obviously sell better, especially if they won't cuck PCfats like Mania did. Also, Sonic Heroes was praised by critics in its day and sold a ton of copies, but we've never seen another Heroes game, so I doubt sales matter that much when we talk about Sanic
>>387304679
Oh shit there goes my argument
>>
>>387300341

>2D game that looks like it's from 1991 saves a franchise in 2017
>>
Also, having beaten Sonic's run but having skipped the leak livestream, how the unholy fuck did that guy game over multiple times? This game is Gold, but it's not THAT hard.
>>
>>387304854
>looks like it's from 1991
do normalfags believe this? the earliest hardware that could have handled a game like mania is the saturn
>>
>>387304852
Thanks for humoring my bullshit, m8. I'm just glad you didn't take me seriously.
>>
>>387300341
>it only took about 23 years
>>
File: 1502767330054.jpg (26KB, 326x278px) Image search: [Google]
1502767330054.jpg
26KB, 326x278px
>>387300341
What is everyone's
>Favorite Stage
>Favorite Stage Gimmick
>Favorite Song
>Favorite Mini-boss
>Favorite Boss

For me its
>Flying Battery
>The ice in act 2 of Press Garden
>Flying Battery Act 2
>Trash Compactor
>The Ninja Heavy in Press Garden
>>
>>387301978
He never cared about the games only the characters, ive never heard him give his opinions on a game a Sonic game before
>>
I don't understand how the secret level select code works
>>
>>387306127
Chris isn't really a gamer per se. He plays casually if at all and doesn't really have the ability for formulate opinions on things like gameplay mechanics
>>
>>387302184
>, a dark storyline,

There's nothing wrong with this
>>
>>387305924
>Stardust Speedway
>ice in press garden
>stardust speedway
> hydrocity zone mini-boss
> dr robotnik's mean bean machine
>>
Can someone give me the link to Sonic Mania's online manual?
>>
>>387302159
Unleashed actually is one of the highest selling Sonic titles due to being on almost every system available at the time.
>>
>>387305924
I had to pause the game for a minute and collect myself when I saw the Chemical Plant Zone boss for the first time
>>
>>387302184
>X8
>bad
>>
File: lava reef.jpg (543KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lava reef.jpg
543KB, 1920x1080px
re-posting in this thread

Alright lets talk about real problems.

Did my second run with Knuckles and got all the emeralds by act 1 of Studiopolis. Now once you have all the emeralds anytime you try to glide while you have 50+ he goes super. This is only slightly annoying because I like to save up for 100+ for 1ups but I dealt with it because so level force you to glide and climb namely Mirage Zone act 1.

HOWEVER once I reached act 2 of Lava reef I encountered a spot in which you are forced to glide. Now it is a bottomless pit and once you try to glide you turn super if you have 50+ rings which will cancel your glide and leave you in a free fall state in which you can't start gliding again. This coupled with the fact that the closest checkpoint is far enough away for you to easily build 50+ rings makes this some serious shit.

So really all I'm asking for is that we can get 1 more button to push that will activate transformation.
>>
>>387304704
Sucks when you're super but it's a fun multi-phase boss
>>
>>387306642
But then it wouldn't be just like the old games (where it was also annoying)
>>
>>387300460
It'll still sell more than Mania. The interest is way higher for it.
>>
>>387306642
It is very easy to get crushed in Chemical Plant Zone. You can get crushed by literally nothing at all at times. The elevator platforms are busted, and you can't move about them as safely and stylishly as you could in Sonic 2.
>>
File: 1375998805452.gif (551KB, 405x205px) Image search: [Google]
1375998805452.gif
551KB, 405x205px
>>387300341
I got into the series with Unleashed so thats still my favorite game by a good margin and even prefer the 3D games but damn. Mania was fucking incredible. They have made the real developers look like the amateurs. This is totally what 4 and/or Generations should have been like.
>>
File: 1471916123069.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471916123069.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
>>387301225
Sonic Utopia style gameplay with the stage-visual and musical aesthetic of Sonic Adventure 1 is my dream 3D Sonic game.

It's never going to happen. You should try looking through recent mentions of "Sonic" on Twitter. There are people hoping that the next Sonic Mania has "modern 2017 graphics" and hopes that they "put shadow in". Sonic Team have been fed the delusions of people who have been reading Sonic Adventure 2 doujinshi and fanfiction for almost 20 years and they're not suddenly going to start listening to us unless Taxman brings it to them personally. That's the reality of the climate of the Sonic fanbase.
>>
File: 6546546.jpg (27KB, 791x364px) Image search: [Google]
6546546.jpg
27KB, 791x364px
>>387306875
>>
>>387306950
Leave it to snk0610 to not be able to tell the difference between 16 bit and 32 bit sprite work
>>
>>387306875
MOVING ON!!
>>
File: 1496944459109.jpg (91KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
1496944459109.jpg
91KB, 640x932px
>>387301851
In a dream world Sonic Forces would be the final Sonic package for LARPers with a stage editor, modding tools, character customization and a hub for them all to meet up online to keep all the autisms of the fanbase satiated so SEGA can move on to making good Sonic games with fans like Whitehead at the forefront of the franchise.
>>
>>387307076
I don't know man. In my good time line I'd rather Sonic excel in whatever gameplay style he is in.

Don't get me wrong I love the genesis titles and mania above the rest but I'd like to have a truly good 3D sonic game that isn't weighed down by limitations or poor design choice
>>
File: 1502770419400.jpg (25KB, 267x242px) Image search: [Google]
1502770419400.jpg
25KB, 267x242px
WHERE IS IT TAXMAN, WHERE IS IT TEE LOPES? WHERE'S THE FUCKING SECOND RING IN

GREEN

HILL

ZONE

ACT

IT'S NOT HARD, OR AT LEAST IT FUCKING SHOULDN'T BE. HIDDEN GOODIES SHOULD BE HIDDEN NOT SIMON'S QUEST LEVELS OF CRYPTIC FUCKING BULLSHIT I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER THIS FUCKING LEVEL ALL DAY AND I KNOW IT LIKE THE BACK OF MY HAND BUT I CAN SEE THE WALLS OF A FUCKING NEW AREA IN THE LOWER LEFT PORTION OF THE MAP AND THERE'S NO FUCKING ENTRANCE, THE ENTRANCE DOESN'T EXIST BUT I KNOW THERE'S A RING BACK THERE
>>
>>387307181
Generations, as good as the fanservice was, had shit gameplay. Modern Sonic gameplay was literally just a glorified Temple Run and Classic Sonic played nothing like the classics (You could literally spindash-jump and fly over the entire stage). And that's all Forces is going to be. I don't want Forces to excel, but it would be nice if it purged all the cancer out of the fanbase for a while.
>>
>>387307197
It's in Knuckles exclusive version of the act
>>
>>387307197
KTE only you little bitch
>>
Super Sonic was never fun
>>
>>387307279
IF THERE ARE CHARACTER-EXCLUSIVE RINGS I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE IT'S BULLSHIT ENOUGH THAT YOU CAN'T GO SUPER OUT OF GREEN HILL AND NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT WITH EXCLUSIVITY FACTORED IN YOU MIGHT NOT GET TO GO SUPER UNTIL LIKE HALFWAY THROUGH THE GAME?

I THOUGHT THESE GUYS WERE EXPERTS
>>
>>387304704
I had 9 lives and this cunt wiped out 4 of them.
>>
>>387307324
Dude in 3 you couldn't even go super until act 2 of Hydro City

I was able to go super by act 1 of Studiopoilis with Knuckles
>>
>>387306531
Never implied it was bad, as I actually lumped it together with the 8-bit games that came after it due to everyone agreeing how horrible a 3D X game was with X7, and X8 being touted as one of the better titles in the series by sticking to 2D gameplay that defined the series.

>>387306331
It depends on how Sonic Team handles it, since they're the ones writing this one instead of Happy Tree Friends duo. Given they thought Shadow and 06 were great, or having everyone in the world mistake Sonic the blue Hedgehog that countlessly saves the world with Shadow the black hedgehog in Adventure 2, I'm only expecting a trainwreck.

An enjoyable trainwreck that will fuel threads for years to come, but still a trainwreck.

Mania is a great example of Sonic being light hearted and it reflects throughout the game, while the darker 3D games have been comical for the wrong reasons and then marred by questionable gameplay choices that tend to get thrown out completely by the next entry.

The only middle ground would be Eggman that's in a winning position and can be as snide and cynical as he wants, since the odds are stacked in his favor until the end of the game. A well-written Eggman is all that is needed, like how he was in SA2 at several points, or the Archie comics post-reboot. The only thing worse than Sonic having a roster that's rivaling Mario Kart titles is having generic monsters of the week coming in every game and overshadowing the main villain at his only job, like the Forgettable Six.
>>
>>387307419
>Given they thought Shadow and 06 were great, or having everyone in the world mistake Sonic the blue Hedgehog that countlessly saves the world with Shadow the black hedgehog in Adventure 2, I'm only expecting a trainwreck.
I don't think they take any pride with 06's writing. As for Shadow in SA2, the game was probably written when the concept designs for Shadow still actually looked similar to Sonic.
>>
>>387306642

The game is fucking amazing but I have tons of complains, especially when comparing to 3K

>Bonus Stages were handled horribly. Blue Spheres are great but after a while they become interruptions rather than fun distractions. Moreover, once you get all medals there is literally no reason to ever hop in them again. 3K did this much better with 3 varied stages giving actual gameplay rewards
>Stage transitions are dropped halfway and they just ignore actual level locations
>Story progression isn't nearly as well done as it was in 3K, with no hype setpieces like 3K's Lava Reef Act 2.
>Press Garden Act 1 feels like a romhack stage
>Hydro Act 1 took the speed out of the stage
>Monarch Act 1 has a color pallet that makes me want to puke
>Doubtful stage choices like Oil Ocean and Metallic Madness
>Unlockable abilities are restricted to no-save mode
>No way to block the super transformation once all emeralds have been gathered (which is a fucking shame because the special stages are amazing)
>>
File: level select.png (1MB, 1268x712px) Image search: [Google]
level select.png
1MB, 1268x712px
How the fuck do I get the level select code to work on PS4? I tried everything.
>>
>>387307197
its in the lower section of Green Hills, theres a loop de loop you hop ontop of, e z.
>>
>>387304892
See
>>387306950

Yes, they do. "1988" no less.

The fact that people think a "2017 graphics" and 3D models in a 2D Sonic game would be more beautiful than meticulously crafted sprite work really slaps my spaghetti.
>>
>>387307324
Sonic 3&K had Knuckles exclusive area secret rings too.
>>
Can someone please link a good rip off the ost?
>>
>>387300341
No platinum trophy, no buy.

Might buy forces since generation was fun
>>
>>387307826
can't get it to work either
>>
File: 546546.gif (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
546546.gif
11KB, 200x200px
Does anyone kind of hope they modify Sonic 3&K sprites instead of Sonic 1-2 if they ever make a Sonic Mania 2?
I would love to see pic-related get the Mania smooth polish and colour palette.
>>
File: 1502340782859.jpg (57KB, 259x207px) Image search: [Google]
1502340782859.jpg
57KB, 259x207px
>>387308178
why does he look like he's made out of plastic. Sonic 3 Sprite is shit. go kys.
>>
File: 1443048694860.png (5KB, 166x298px) Image search: [Google]
1443048694860.png
5KB, 166x298px
why the fuck is the last stage so shit
all it is is the retarded fucking purple balls and bumpers and instadeath bullshit moving spikes and confusing teleporting
>>
>>387308178
I kinda doubt it. Judging from both Mania and Forces, Classic Sonic is essentially supposed to be a cute version of Sonic, and those Sonic 3 sprites look much rougher than the rest of them
>>
>>387308254
He looks like he's made out of plastic because of the colour palette you dope. Next time actually read my post.
>>
File: 7567567.png (51KB, 1148x425px) Image search: [Google]
7567567.png
51KB, 1148x425px
>>387308298
I always thought there could be a could middle ground between the two because the Sonic 1-2/Mania idle pose sprites I've always thought looked pretty trash.
>>
what happens if you collect those blue balls in the special stages?
>>
>>387308312
you can't make a pig look good no matter how hard you try

accept sonic 3's sprite's fate. put in shitty romhacks.
>>
>>387301963
Crash wasn't released 200 years ago
>>
>>387301963
>SF2
>Genesis

Have fun pressing select to kick, idiot
>>
File: i.png (104KB, 916x888px) Image search: [Google]
i.png
104KB, 916x888px
>>387306950
>5 upvotes
>>
>>387306950
A C T U A L
G R A F I X
>>
>>387300460
Give me a reason why it's a bad game?

Generations was shallow, but it wasn't bad. The OC creator while basically a meme at this point is better than them forcing "Here's Gadge the Badger who uses gadgets and powers them with the help of Wisps" and the gameplay style looks interesting enough, but we need to see more of it.

The story is actually an interesting way to do an edgier plot, unlike some RPG-tier prophecies, ancient beings, time travel shit in Sonic 06, this literally has a macguffin-tier villain because it's not what matters most and is clearly just a way to bring back other villains.

Also it's directly linked to Mania, they haven't shown it because it would spoil the ending, Classic Sonic will have the Drop Dash and Mania's physics. Screencap this post.
>>
I love the color palette they gave Sonic in Mania. All the stages are also a visual orgasm.
>>
>>387301832
They look like Arin and Danny's sons.
>>
>>387308721
>Not having the six button controller
>>
File: 1487647205717.png (266KB, 368x657px) Image search: [Google]
1487647205717.png
266KB, 368x657px
>No physical release
>Have to buy a hundred dollar collector's edition with a one time use download code if I want a copy to shelf
Never mind then.
>>
File: hybrid sprite.png (25KB, 1020x525px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid sprite.png
25KB, 1020x525px
>>387308398
Okay, call me crazy but I think both designs have their pros and cons, so I just put together this sprite combining both Sonic Mania and Sonic 3 designs
>>
>>387309395
I thought the collectors editions was like 40 bucks
>>
>>387309473
that I pretty nice actually. I like it.
>>
>>387309560
$69.99 usd unless you were smart and preordered early
>>
>>387309560
Only if you preordered it. If not you have to buy it from a scalper.
>>
Chemical Zone Act Two made my dick rock hard.
I hated the boss though. I love Puyo and I get why they included it this way but without offset and the bitch-basic AI, it felt like a waste of time.
>>
>>387309591
Thank you
>>
File: l4QqogP.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
l4QqogP.gif
2MB, 357x238px
moving platforms killing you instantly was the most fucktarded gameplay decision made for sonic ever
especially with shit like the blocks in CP instakilling you with 2 pixels lined up while you're trying to jump on them
this shit makes me want to skin everyone responsible for sonic alive
>>
File: PS_Messages_20170815_231725.jpg (833KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20170815_231725.jpg
833KB, 1920x1080px
what should I do with my extra PS4 code? how much would it still for? also does anyone know how to recreate pic related. SSGSS Sonic is pretty cool.
>>
>>387309719
>reddit filename
>using the word "fucktarded"
>dying in Chemical Plant
>>
>>387309858
lol that looks like a landing frame dude
>>
File: 1498345248211.png (509KB, 532x399px) Image search: [Google]
1498345248211.png
509KB, 532x399px
>mfw I just found out there's a screen in studiopolis act1 that reads GOOD, GREAT, AWESOME, OUTSTANDING, AMAZING
>>
>>387309949
TO BE THIS GOOD TAKES AGES
TO BE THIS GOOD TAKES SEGA
>>
File: 1470431223909.png (1MB, 986x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1470431223909.png
1MB, 986x1026px
>>387304704
>when the Huehuehues start to play
>>
>some of the sound effects that the ninja eggrobo makes are ripped straight from shinobi

nice
>>
>>387307397
Don't cats only have 9 lives? Sonic's a cat now?
>>
>yfw the mania blue spheres mode in extras uses Stealth's version of blue spheres he made a while back
>>
Why does Mania use lives? It's an outdated gameplay mechanic. Part of what made Rayman Origins/Legends great was the removal of them.
>>
>>387310312
that's racist
>>
>>387309663
I'm more pissed they didn't include TSU Rules in the minigame
I know they did it all to nod to MBM but a little research on what the Puyo fanbase wanted wouldn't hurt
>>
Should I buy the Adventure games on Steam and play through those while I wait for Mania?
>>
>>387310771
they didn't even duplicate mean bean's rules 100%
I'm pretty sure you couldn't spin puyos if they were surrounded by other puyos from both sides in Mean Bean, but it's possible in the CPZ boss
>>
>>387310836
There not bad games but you might want to play the 16 bit games instead so you have muscle memory for their feel.
>>
>>387309136
>Mania's physics
Have you seen footage of Classic Sonic? Because it doesn't look like that's the case.
>>
>>387302291
Robotnik showing up out of nowhere as the train conductor in Mirage Saloon 1 nearly had me fall out of my chair. Silly little touches like that make me love this game so much.
>>
Anyone else cry at the immense overwhelming positive reaction to this game?

It's what people wanted for 20 fucking years. Not this hallway infinite runner garbage
>>
https://twitter.com/CFWhitehead/status/897417286260187137

They better patch in the missing stage transitions.
>>
File: 1502404402075.jpg (51KB, 590x456px) Image search: [Google]
1502404402075.jpg
51KB, 590x456px
>>387310620
JUST
>>
>>387311043
Tell him to patch in Puyo TSU Rules for fuck's sake
>>
File: when you notice the buldge.png (360KB, 646x642px) Image search: [Google]
when you notice the buldge.png
360KB, 646x642px
>retreating back to 2D saves it
>>
File: IMG_20160806_025438.jpg (136KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160806_025438.jpg
136KB, 650x650px
I feel really REALLY bad for PC only fags.

How are you guys holding up?
>>
>>387311068
>being this assblasted
>>
>>387300341
Don't worry, Sega will find a way to fuck it up once again. That's what they always do.
>>
>>387301832
gotta go fast
>>
>>387311131
what was their reason for the delay?
>>
>>387301832
gotta go faST
>>
>>387311232
they just said it needed more "optimisations" which is about as vague a reason as they could possibly give
It's only 2 weeks so I don't mind
>>
As an outside observer who played sonic 1 on genesis and then basically nothing else except individual levels from various games at friend's houses, oh and sonic r on pc, am i crazy in thinking that every 3D sonic game basically plays super similarly? So many tight pathways, no freedom. I feel like if you were to make maps that are like something from an early tony hawk game except adapted for sonic where you have various goals it would work. Stuff that's much more open-ended and more attention is paid to making the movement feel good and giving you freedom to then use that movement than obstacle course style level design. I'm not a big sonic guy so maybe i'm completely off-base.
>>
HATE OIL OCEAN
>>
>>387311305
hopefully the patches are added by then
>>
who are the 3 characters you fight at the end of Mirage Saloon Act2?
>>
>>387311396
t. summerfag thinking they're cool for playing old games
>>
>>387311396
Nack from Triple Trouble, Bean and Bark from Sanic The Fighters.
>>
>>387311232
People speculated to add piracy protection but from the looks of console versions a lot of bugs. Maybe the pc version was just too buggy to release acceptably
>>
>>387309949
WHERE IS IT YOU DOUBLE BADNIK. I LOVE COLORS.
>>
>>387311463
thanks
>>
>>387311396
the boys aka those dudes aka Team Hooligan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6DEfJsgyA
>>
I unironically like most of the modern sonic games, 06 being the exception
>>
>>387311556
Which still raises the question of their whereabouts. I'm guessing they raided the Saloon?

They're just out doing small crimes?

The Heavy must've spotted them at one point if she can magically turn into them.
>>
>>387311396
Shitty characters from Sonic the Fighters that nobody cared about until this game.
>>
>Knuckles gets a cooler Mirage Saloon
>Knuckles actually gets to fight the Heavy Leader before the final boss
>Knuckles gets an actual transition from Lava Reef to Metallic Madness

Ever get the feeling that Sonic was an afterthought?
>>
Hello stupid faggot niggers, do you think Forces will outsell Mania?
>>
Is Chaotix good?

I think I'll marathon all the 2D games
>>
>>387311131
In this time I've played Generations, NeoGeo Pocket Sonic, Freedom Planet, Sonic 3d and S3&K.
There's plenty of games to play yet.
>>
>>387311697
no it sucks
>>
>>387301072
>Nahh, it will be big success.

And? Money isn't everything, EA sequels that utterly trash on the established franchises sell like hotcakes too, but at the price of burning the souls of thousands of innocents.
>>
File: shrug.png (75KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
75KB, 350x277px
>>387311131
just playing other games to pass the time. I've already been completely spoiled and I hear there's quite a bit of bugs in the console versions so I assume they were actually telling the truth.
then again it could just be luck and it was for DRM after all
>>
File: Heavies.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Heavies.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Anyone else hoping the HBH BTFO the Zeti in popularity?
>>
>>387311363
That fucking octopus piece of shit, I swear to fucking God. If it hits you you're losing all your rings guaranteed.
Also the stage has the worst songs in the game.
>>
Wait so let me get this right. To get a physical release of Sonic Mania all I have to do is buy Mania and not Forces?
>>
>>387311764
>Money isn't everything
Yes it is.
>>
>>387309276
>>387308721
Exactly. I never even saw a 3 button controller in my life, but I went through at least half a dozen of 6 button ones back in the days.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (7KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7KB, 257x196px
>>387311807
>implying they haven't already.

Favorite Heavy is Heavy Magic. She a cute and thicc.
>>
>>387311306
You're partly right about about the tight pathways and no freedom but they all play quite differently in how they go about it.
There are several distinct types of shit gameplay in 3D Sonic which are quite different.
>>
>>387311791
Dude your gonna love it.

Every 20 seconds there's something that makes you go "Oooooh!" or "oh neat" or "woah that X from y!"
>>
Nobody told me this game had a modern sonic cameo
>>
>>387311396
Woof, Kernel, and Mack.
>>
All they had to do was add a flight cancel for Tails and he would have been GOAT

NOOOOOO
>>
>>387311919
oh I get it
because it's trash
>>
>>387311919
https://youtu.be/D20mY8JPPyc?t=16
>>
>>387303716
>falling through the floor and insta-dying
Don't stand on the platforms when the tentacles drag them under the surface. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be an instant kill.
>>
>>387311919
I only see Avatar accessories here.
>>
>>387311872
Probably would of liked it more going in blind but what are you going to do? I figured well shit if I have to wait, I might as well see the whole game.
>>
>>387312105
>Would of
>>
File: -1013299826-Capture.jpg (108KB, 503x385px) Image search: [Google]
-1013299826-Capture.jpg
108KB, 503x385px
>>387312105
>would of
>>
>>387311931
Sonic 3 Complete had a lot of neat QoL improvements, no flight cancel tho
>can carry sonic with tails when playing singleplayer
>super transformation has to be triggered by pressing a different jump button than the one you initially jumped with
>don't have to lose the shield to transform
>can still use shiled boosts if you don't wanna transform yet
>can revert back to normal sonic manually
>>
File: 1500979973426.png (323KB, 466x575px) Image search: [Google]
1500979973426.png
323KB, 466x575px
>>387311978
That's correct!

Wanna fuck?
>>
>>387312301
hell yeah mother fucker
>>
File: grammar nazis.jpg (11KB, 251x363px) Image search: [Google]
grammar nazis.jpg
11KB, 251x363px
>>387312196
>>387312238
didn't know Tom worked for the fuhrer
>>
>>387301851
I'd be fine with this game if the OC character was there just for fun and not part of the story. I'm hoping they stick to their guns and still make Sonic the focus.
>>
File: 1480554621573.jpg (31KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1480554621573.jpg
31KB, 500x386px
>got a Game Over in Chemical Plant Act 1
>haven't beaten a single sphere stage
>the third UFO stage feels like a cruel endeavor compared to the first two
All things considered I could be doing much worse, it's more accepting that I was always garbage at at classic Sonic.
>>
>>387311807
What about them so good?
>>
>>387311807
They probably already have, no one seems to like the Zeti.
>>
File: 1502610749410.png (902KB, 2247x1719px) Image search: [Google]
1502610749410.png
902KB, 2247x1719px
>3 chaos emeralds
>hydrocity act 1
How bad is it?
>>
>>387303529
The smoke gimmick would have been fine if it was implemented using a palette change,like it was in sandopolis.
>>
>>387312497
I was shit at the Special Stages too.

I got them all with Sonic.

Doing them with knuckles is much easier now that I've gotten the hang of it. Got the first 4 first try. 5th took like 3 tries. Still on the 6th, but I've only had 2 tries with that one.
>>
So what did you guys think of this?
>>
>>387304753
hey psst
You can spindash into his spindash for a guaranteed hit.
>>
DLC characters when?
>>
>>387312624
Too difficult. Not forgiving at all. Screams ROMhack.
>>
File: 1496204423201.png (92KB, 209x396px) Image search: [Google]
1496204423201.png
92KB, 209x396px
>>387309136
>mania's physics
>scripted sections up the ass
>boosters in front a spindash tunnel
>boosters in front of loops
>boosters infront of anything that would require a physics engine that isn't completely fucked
>>
>>387312624
dropped almost instantly after i realized acceleration is slower than in any sonic game, making playing it a complete slog
>>
File: dancetime.jpg (9KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
dancetime.jpg
9KB, 240x210px
>>387312676
fucking never.

I WANT MY RASCAL, SEGA.

TAKE MY MONEY. JUST DO A SONIC RESKIN. I DON'T CARE. I JUST WANT RASCAL MODE.
>>
>>387304704
Yo have to have played Sonic 2 (MS) to know you could spindash the little robots without getting hurt.

But besides that it was fun.
>>
Did Chris cream his pants over it?
>>
>>387312741
I never played that one, and I figured it out.

people need to git gud if they had to look this up.
>>
File: smugsonic.jpg (113KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
smugsonic.jpg
113KB, 800x800px
>>387312730
conjure enough autism to make an Rosy mod. This is the sonic fandom, this game wouldn't even exist if fans just sat there and did nothing.
>>
File: 1489710506259.jpg (6KB, 155x200px) Image search: [Google]
1489710506259.jpg
6KB, 155x200px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9MGMqAQzgs
>>
>>387312730
But not even fucking Amy is in the game?
If anything we could get a Fang and co. mode.
>>
>>387312748
I don't think I've ever seen Chris talk about any of the Classic Games. I think he's a modernfag.

I'm not sure he likes the games either... maybe it's just the character that attracts it.
>>
KICK THAT SWITCH AND HYPER ZOOM
>>
Fuck, now I want Amy DLC that comes with remastered Sonic CD levels.
>>
LIGHTS
CAMERA
UR A FAG
>>
File: 1472241312606.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472241312606.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>387312730
>mfw Mania 2 has all new zones and playable Amy
>>
File: IMG_20170816_122308.jpg (215KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_122308.jpg
215KB, 1280x720px
Cheeky af

Extra funny as in playing on Switch
>>
>>387312882
>>387312947
troo frar mrania treamu
>>
>>387307324
I've got a route that can get me Super with any character by Chemical Plant Act 2. You just have to git gud at exploring. Protip: go into debug mode and level select to easily look for Special Rings before you do a playthrough.
>>
File: FAKER.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FAKER.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>387312748
Chris hasn't said anything about Mania or Sonic in general for quite some time now.

CWC confirmed autism bandwagon
>>
File: ZKjOqFJ.png (16KB, 89x84px) Image search: [Google]
ZKjOqFJ.png
16KB, 89x84px
>>387312730
But Amy is in the game
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE OST RIP
>>
>>387313229
inside your mom
>>
File: vinyl.jpg (44KB, 755x425px) Image search: [Google]
vinyl.jpg
44KB, 755x425px
The Vinyl Album will come with 16 tracks.

Who's making the cut?
>>
File: mania vinyl tracklist.jpg (293KB, 2048x2046px) Image search: [Google]
mania vinyl tracklist.jpg
293KB, 2048x2046px
>>387313272
>>
File: 1502682184593.png (685KB, 1120x2565px) Image search: [Google]
1502682184593.png
685KB, 1120x2565px
>>387311131
(I won't stop until they know my name)
>>
>>387300460
>nu-hedgehog in the box art
The fuck are they thinking?
>>
>>387313229
Just search them on youtube. Is that so hard?
>>
Seriously why the fuck isn't there any fucking torrent for this yet?
This is getting FUCKING ANNOYING.
>>
>>387311680
Lone sonic feels like the shittiest character to play as. If you lose your elemental shield, you're fucked, no more special movement options
>inb4 git gud and don't lose it
>>
>>387313330
nice to see each Track have a name like Sonic Adventure
I wonder what the rest are called
>>
File: 1501582810888.jpg (82KB, 486x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501582810888.jpg
82KB, 486x400px
>>387313330
Where's Metallic Madness Act I?

Why does Saloon hog up 3 spots? WHY ARE THERE ONLY ORIGINAL STAGES IN IT?
>>
>>387312341
post means of contact
>>
File: 1497138463919.png (631KB, 850x477px) Image search: [Google]
1497138463919.png
631KB, 850x477px
>>387311807
This reminds me, what's the deal with the mini-bosses during the Titanic Monarch boss?

They can all be damaged (although it is rather difficult), so I would assume they can be destroyed as well.
Has anyone tried destroying all 4 during the boss encounter yet?
The original form of the 5th Heavy is also strangely absent from the rest of the game aside from the intro.
Could there possibly still be more to the game?
>>
File: Sonic_impatient.gif (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_impatient.gif
2KB, 100x100px
>>387308375
>because the Sonic 1-2/Mania idle pose sprites I've always thought looked pretty trash.
>>
File: mania sign.png (502KB, 674x397px) Image search: [Google]
mania sign.png
502KB, 674x397px
>>387311512
don't have the game yet, I've only seen it, but it seems to be high up pretty early on in the stage
>>
>>387300460
It'll be fine as long as you can turn off the voice chatter.

PLEASE give us an option to turn off the voice chatting. I want to like this game
>>
>>387313550
You fight the 5th Heavy in Hidden Palace as Knuckles
>>
What if Taxman helped with Classic Sonic's physics on Forces? I'm surprised that hasn't happened already.
>>
File: fallrev.gif (831KB, 512x807px) Image search: [Google]
fallrev.gif
831KB, 512x807px
>>387313531
>WHY ARE THERE ONLY ORIGINAL STAGES IN IT?
it's almost like Tee Lopez only has the right to sell his own original creations and not remixes of different songs
>>
File: Iizuka.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Iizuka.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>387313602
WAITO PIGGU GO HOME!
>>
>>387313550
You fight the leader heavy as Knuckles in Hidden Palace
>>
>>387302219
>water shield fucking sucks in Sonic 3
What? No it fucking doesn't.
>>
>>387313645
>SEGA and Data Discs are proud to announce the official Sonic Mania vinyl album.

SEGA can't sell shit they own? It's not Tee Lopes and DATA DISCS.
>>
>>387302503
>puyo puyo
it's literally a fucking tetris clone how can you fuck that up
>>
>>387313514
>>387313330
For some reason in the in-game sound test they're called with the zone/boss names.
>>
File: 1470781397859.png (246KB, 599x588px) Image search: [Google]
1470781397859.png
246KB, 599x588px
>>387301832
gotta go fast
>>
>>387313709
It always ricochets vertically up from the ground. In mania it ricochets at the correct angle to the slope it hits.
>>
>>387312557
Sauce? I keep seeing this everywhere.
>>
>>387304892
It still looks more like a Genesis game visually than a Saturn one. Saturn could do games like Super Tempo.
>>
Glad I bought this, first sonic game ive bought in years. I like the new special stages they have a real sonic r vibe.
>>
File: PPS_Title[1].png (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PPS_Title[1].png
9KB, 320x240px
>>387313754
Hold my beer
>>
>>387303716
I'm struggling against him now. When the tentacles retract I keep getting trapped between them and the platform.

All of my deaths in this game have been from being trapped tbqh...
>>
>>387311396
The boys
those dudes
>>
File: 1502197622975.gif (325KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1502197622975.gif
325KB, 512x512px
>you find a special stage room...
>You accidentally fall through the floor or wall and can't get back in
>>
>>387307874
>2017 graphics means 3D models
Don't tell me you wouldn't like seeing a classic sonic game with cuphead-style graphics?

Also let's face it 240p upscaled looks like dogshit on modern tv's and the fake scanlines designed to mitigate it are pathetic. Fucking modern tv's with their shitty fixed pixels.
>>
File: 1502820775034.jpg (677KB, 1920x904px) Image search: [Google]
1502820775034.jpg
677KB, 1920x904px
Which egg is best egg?
>>
>>387314154
>they didn't call him robotnik
>>
>>387314154
magician
this is fact
don't argue
>>
>>387313731
>SEGA can't sell shit they own? It's not Tee Lopes and DATA DISCS.

It might be a bit more difficult than that, especially if Japanese composers are involved.
>>
>>387314154
Magician because she could change into anything.
>>
>>387314154
Eggman.
>>
>>387313880
No it fucking doesn't. When was the last time you played something on genesis?
>>
File: magichan.png (115KB, 607x760px) Image search: [Google]
magichan.png
115KB, 607x760px
>>387314154
Assuming we're not counting Eggman? Heavy Magician
>>
File: 1496470547095.jpg (69KB, 538x601px) Image search: [Google]
1496470547095.jpg
69KB, 538x601px
>>387314335
>>
>>387313880
This is closer to Super Tempo than Sonic 1
>>
>>387314154
Did king heavy have a spot for the pink stone in his scepter but it was never used

That with cut stage transitions and a murky plot between eggman and the heavies, seems like their plans had to be scaled back
>>
File: 1497977943767.jpg (74KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497977943767.jpg
74KB, 400x400px
>>387314280
>Sonic 3 sprite in Sonic 1
>>
>>387301832
gotta go fast
>>
>>387314154
>Phantom Ruby can assign Genders to robots

Oh god it's even infected Sonic games now
>>
>>387314197
not they they didn't.

They couldn't, one of the higher ups didn't allow it.
>>
>>387310620
>Muh Rayman Origins/Legends
Fuck off you millennial
>>
>>387314016
>240p upscaled
https://youtu.be/DXturRMOzU4?t=5m45s
>>
>>387314484
probably based on the little animal powering it
>>
>>387314154
>Lava Reef Act 2
>mesmerizing music
>mesmerizing stage background
>some kind of large technogenic structure with robotnik's logo visible in the distance
>get hyped
>get to the end of the zone
>transition to hidden palace
>get hyped even more
>fight a random unicycle-riding jackass
what the fuck was that about
>>
>>387314516
not an argument
>>
File: mIenxWR.jpg (33KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
mIenxWR.jpg
33KB, 399x388px
>>387311131
I'm fucking pissed there's still no torrent
>>
>>387303221
Even the Advance/Rush games weren't that good.
How Dimps managed to hold onto Sonic for so long is a mystery to me but I'm glad their fuck up caught up with them.
>>
>>387314550
Knuckles gets the better boss fight
>>
>>387314550
Knuckle's version is definitely more appropriate.
>>
>>387311306
3D sonic doesn't work
>>
>>387306642
>HOWEVER once I reached act 2 of Lava reef I encountered a spot in which you are forced to glide. Now it is a bottomless pit and once you try to glide you turn super if you have 50+ rings which will cancel your glide and leave you in a free fall state in which you can't start gliding again. This coupled with the fact that the closest checkpoint is far enough away for you to easily build 50+ rings makes this some serious shit.
Had the same fucking thing happen to me. The rings in the middle of the glide got me over 50 which meant I was dead the moment I touched the wall on the other end. Completely idiotic level design.
>>
>>387300341
REMINDER
Good classic sonic games:
Sonic 2
Sonic CD
Sonic 3&k

Good modern sonic games
Sonic advance 1-3
Sonic rush
Sonic rivals
Sonic heroes
Sonic adventure 2 battle
Sonic unleashed
Sonic and the black knight
Sonic colors
Sonic generations
Sonic boom fire and ice

Sonic was always good/ had good games
The racism needs to end
Also mania doesn't count as classic but more like other in this case but if you want to consider it classic go ahead
>>
>>387314641
My only complaints with the game are
>Super transformation isn't bound to an unused button
I don't care what you say about being authentic, there's no reason to not have this
>Unlock abilities can't be used in a normal save run
There's no reason to do this, just have the only place you can't use them Time Trial
Other than these major flaws I'm mostly content
>>
>>387312274
>can still use shiled boosts if you don't wanna transform yet
You can do this in the OG 3&K too you just couldn't use the Insta-Shield
What Complete allows however is to transform into Super/Hyper while having an elemental shield. In the original you had to lose your shield to be able to transform.
>>
>>387314550
I mean it's technically hidden PALACE so a knight kinda makes sense. Still makes me wonder if maybe there was an extra scrapped stage though

also >>387314154
>heavy gunner has an old-timey sheriff badge
>Studiopolis act 2 has a bunch of flashy stages everywhere
makes me wonder if gunner and magician were possibly going to be swapped at some point
>>
>>387314441
what the fuck, you're right
I just googled "sonic 1" and grabbed a random image
>>
>>387306642
The platforms that go up and down with a bunch of spikes on the floors and ceiling in titanic monarch can sometimes just crush you before you even know you're on them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnzqa3YHycI
>>
>>387313880
The colors in a single screen shot of Mania would never happen on a Genesis not to mention the animation and manipulation of sprites and backgrounds
>>
>>387314721
fuck off, Modern was and will never ever be good in any possible way.
>>
File: 1502469265062.jpg (45KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502469265062.jpg
45KB, 500x640px
>>387311021
>crying tears of joy over a video game
I don't blame you anon I thought this would never happen. I can't believe this is the same timeline where sonic 4 and sonic 06 exists.
>>
>>387313330
They should've made it a double LP to add more tracks
>>
File: AAAAASS.png (196KB, 301x336px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAASS.png
196KB, 301x336px
>>387314596
I can't stand the level design in the Dimps games. They always came off as a developer with good ideas but shit execution. Advance 1 is probably the closest they ever got and it freefalls in quality with Egg Rocket. Great aesthetic, shitty level.
>>
>>387311021
Stop being such a baby
>>
>>387314858
Wrong
It's one thing to be a classic fag
Then they're shitters like you
>>
File: latest-8.jpg (68KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest-8.jpg
68KB, 1920x1080px
>>387314858
Yeah, when will he learn!
>>
>>387314217
Sega owns the music to Sonic CD and some of the Sonic 3 music.
For Sonic 1 and 2 they'd have to pay good old Nakamura
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
8KB, 480x360px
What did you just say about modern sonic?
>>
>>387315001
That the last good game was sonic boom fire and ice
>>
>>387313330
>No super final boss theme
>>
>>387314814
Not even a knight.
>>
>>387314968
Name a good one. An ACTUAL good one. Not one that gives you warm fuzzies because you had it on the Gamecube when you were a baby.
>>
>>387314387
It's far from Super Tempo. Seriously I don't think people realize what the Saturn was capable of. A Sonic Team 2D Sonic game in the Saturn in the 90s would look lightyears better than Mania.
>>
>>387314792
That's what I said on the very next line you humongous nigger
>>
File: 1500952029704.gif (991KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
1500952029704.gif
991KB, 400x305px
>>387314721
>Sonic Rivals
>Sonic and the Black Knight
I feel those are very mediocre rather than actually good.
Honestly modern is generally hit or miss.
>>
>>387313850
It's improved in Mania but it's a huge stretch to say it sucked in it's original incarnation.
>>
File: DPchristian_400x400.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DPchristian_400x400.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Apologize.
>>
I want to fuck Sammy!
>>
>>387315049
>has a knight helmet
>wields a flail
seems pretty knight-like aside from the motorcycle thing
>>
>>387315156
>implying there was any doubts
PCbros don't count, they're subhuman
>>
>>387315156
TOO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
>>
>>387315131i disagree for sonic and the black knight
>>387315148
>>
>>387314528
The damn video itself say it's upscaled and that the PS4 pro has the ability to scale it to 4K

The game's internal resolution is 424x240 you idiot.
>>
>>387315050
Not that anon but he did mention the advanced games. Those have always been accepted as pretty good.
>>
>>387312592
The 4th and 5th emerald are a goddamn nightmare to get and took me multiple tries. Fuck up once and you are pretty much done. I was surprised how easy the 6th and 7th were in comparison.
>>
How good would Shadow the Hedgehog be if Platinum helped make it?
>>
>>387315203
"Stunt rider" would be far higher in my list of association than "knight"
>>
>>387313029
He's a ponyfag now. Going to cons and getting attention there.
>>
>>387313395

eat shit
>>
>>387314931
For the longest ti,e I couldn't put my finger on why the Advance games felt so off. At first I thought it was all the extra movement skills the characters had. But I hardly used shit like the summersault and slide an all that in the first place so it couldn't have been that.

Only later I noticed it was because every level was a narrow path floating above a bottomless pit. I was afraid to fucking move for the fear of falling.
And the spike traps set in EXACTLY the spots that you would most logically want to jump to. Instead of punishing you for not paying attention, they got you for trying to think ahead. Same for badnik placement.

I still bought them because, hey, 2D Sonic had to be supported but by the time Rush Adventure came around I had dropped it.

The funny thing is the Dimps games play exactly like 2D versions of the shitty 3D games...so I guess they knew their audience well enough.
>>
File: 1404441738492.jpg (99KB, 970x990px) Image search: [Google]
1404441738492.jpg
99KB, 970x990px
>>387315001

>sammy's turning into a chad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>387315282
Well I'm pretty sure the 4th one is supposed to be the hardest. I think I retried that one the most.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np8SjpJYGeU
>>
>>387315261
>>387314528
Speaking of which, I really disliked the gimmick in metal mandess where you get launched far into the background and all sprites become pixelated messes. I never was a fan of scaling sprites. I understand it may be nostalgic, but it also evokes more of a SNES vibe.
>>
>>387315308
Really, really good, now that I think about it.
>>
>>387315356
>chad
Look at his instagram, he's a skelly twink.
>>
File: 1498618861539.jpg (6KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1498618861539.jpg
6KB, 247x247px
>>387314931
>it freefalls
I see what you did there
>>
>>387315393
Thank god. I'm stuck on 4 at the moment, and I've been dreading what could come next.
>>
File: tumblr_mpcc4lb3w11s07d4ao1_400.jpg (90KB, 400x464px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpcc4lb3w11s07d4ao1_400.jpg
90KB, 400x464px
>>387315001
WHY DOES SAMMY LOOK FUCKING NORMAL

HE WAS ONE OF US
>>
>>387315309
I mean it makes sense if you see how the fight goes but you wouldn't really be able to tell that just by looking at them
>>
>>387315050
Not that anon, but SA2B. There is nothing more satisfying to me than going for high scores in that game. The way the game controls just feels perfect to me aside the somewhat clunky mech levels.
>>
>>387315069
Sonic Mania is less than 200 MB. I would hope a Saturn release would pack a little more into it.
>>
>>387314721
>No Sonic 1
Post discarded
Kill yourself spindashbabby
>>
>>387304704
Do people actually have a hard time with this? I beat metal sonic first time and I'm garbage, literally gameovered 10 times getting to that point in the game.
>>
>>387315530
>The way the game controls just feels perfect to me
I will never understand you people. I have been perplexed by your kind since 2001 and I will never ever understand
>>
my only complain is
>more than 100 rings
>gets hit
>releases big rings
>each one give me 30 rings
>no big rings in the levels (not the extra level ones)
what a missed opportunity
>>
>>387315634
People get buttfucked by the Silver Sonic phase because they're too dumb to spin dash into them.
>>
>>387315634
Aiming the small sonic robots at him is the hard part. Not everyone realizes you can spindash against their spindashes.
>>
they need to release this on GOG
>>
>>387315545
Well it's not so much the filesize it's more the budget and the talent.
Alot of people here think that Mania is pushing the Saturn's limits but that's far from the truth when Saturn could handle perfect arcade ports of fighting games at the time.
>>
>>387314721
Heroes isn't good. It's honestly one of the shittiest games in the franchise.

The rest of your list is accurate though with the exception of Rivals which is just kinda blah rather than good or bad; also, you forgot Sonic Battle.
>>
File: 1502582685376.png (32KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
1502582685376.png
32KB, 320x224px
>>387315156
>>387315245
>>
>>387315802
>>387315245
pls explain me where this "TOO FAR" meme spawned from?
>>
>>387315169
>Looks like Tumblr sjw
>voted for trump

The absolute madman, what else has he got up his sleeve?
>>
>>387314931

>DUDE
>INSTANT DEATH PITS LMAO

Fuck Dimps
>>
>>387315409
>I never was a fan of scaling sprites.
It wouldn't look as bad at native 240p in a CRT but yeah sprite scaling has always been kinda fugly
>>
>>387314721
>Good modern sonic games
These fall into the "okay" category. Honestly the only modern sonic game I would call GOOD is Generations, and maybe Colors.
>>
>>387315548
>implying the level design past green hill zone was developed nicely
Nah fuck scrap brain act3
>no super sonic
>beta green hill zone had more potential than the one we got
Play it on gba and prove me wrong
>>
>>387315329
pathetic consolecuck
>>
>Metallic Madness out of fucking nowhere

Who fucking asked for this? No one liked this zone. It was shit in CD.
>>
>>387315645
The thing about SA2 is that it gives you full control. It's slightly loose, but you are in total control at every moment; this sets it apart from nearly every game after, wherein there's either some clunky control scheme that makes it impossible to readily go any direction aside forwards without losing all momentum (Heroes/Shadow), an obvious unpolished inferior version of what came before (06), or controls like a literal car (Boost era). This level of control makes it extremely satisfying to master since you can do all sorts of fun shit when you're in complete command of the tools at your disposal. SA2's level design also complements this well by being so high score/good time focused; thereby allowing you to figure out the optimal application for your skills in a variety of missions. It's a really satisfying experience when you get a good rhythm going.
>>
>>387315986
Shit taste confirmed.
>>
>>387315913
The level design in Sonic 1 shits on that of CD and 2 by far.
The only thing wrong with Scrap Brain 3 is that it's Labyrinth act 4 due to them running out of time and memory space

Super Sonic wasn't a thing back then so you can't fault them for that(although the Taxman port does add it)
>GBA
Are you fucking kidding me? That port is notoriously bad.
>>
>>387315778
>Unleashed
>good
Isn't it the one with the "were-hog"?
>>
>>387315986
Metallic Madness is the best zone in this game. You shut your whore mouth.
>>
I like Sonic
>>
>>387315986
I hated the zone with a passion in CD but it's done much better in Mania, way less cheap tricks.
>>
>>387315842
In an interview with the Mania team Stealth and Taxman said that Iizuka was observing them and making sure they didn't go "too far" or something like that.
>>
>>387315986
I never played CD and honestly I didn't like stardust speedway or metallic madness in mania. Is this because of the lack of nostalgia factor or are they really not that good?
>>
File: 1502796701628.gif (14KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1502796701628.gif
14KB, 160x160px
>>387300341
Hey Guys. Unlockable characters are in game.
I'll just say, in order to unlock them, you need to create a good future in two particular zones. You should already know what I mean. Entering special stages resets all the objective points. Beating the whole game with all unlockable characters gives you another.
It's really well hidden, honestly. I thought it was a little esoteric to include it, but you can't really argue with the powers that be.
>>
File: 1460586696367.jpg (16KB, 205x194px) Image search: [Google]
1460586696367.jpg
16KB, 205x194px
>>387315986
Mania Metallic Madness is actually a very fun stage though
>>
>>387300341
how do i go back and re-do levels? i feel like i have to grind the special stages out in green hill because im up to stardust speedway and only have 2 emeralds
>>
File: Philosoraptor2.jpg (10KB, 321x296px) Image search: [Google]
Philosoraptor2.jpg
10KB, 321x296px
>>387302184
>It only saves the franchise in the way that nearly two decades later people are realizing some things didn't need to make a jump to 3D

Honestly, I don't think it's impossible for Sonic to ever work in 3D. I think Sonic Utopia >>387301225 has the right idea. It's just that Sonic Team simply isn't competent enough for the job.

I mean, if shit like Sonic 4 is any indication, SEGA can't even get Sonic in 2D right either.
>>
>>387316047
It is. But, at worst, those are just kinda blah. There's nothing egregiously bad about them aside the fucking battle music. The Sonic sections in Unleashed on the other hand are inarguably the best of the boost era.
>>
>>387315986
It's probably one of the most redesigned levels in the game.
>>
>>387316123
>I'll just say, in order to unlock them, you need to create a good future in two particular zones.

Except you create good future by default in Stardust Speedway in the transition from Act 1 to 2. Fuck off, retard, at least play the game before making obviously bullshit leaks.
>>
>>387316123
I can't wait to unlock no-body Sonic
>>
>>387316123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRRNpijwCNA

When can I unlock Hunnid P?
>>
>>387316123
Do you have actual, literal 'tisms?
>>
File: 1502805405490.png (3MB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1502805405490.png
3MB, 2500x2500px
>Leader of the HBH
>Played through the game as Sonic but the bastard never appeared as a boss
>>
>>
File: sonic adventure_1.webm (3MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
sonic adventure_1.webm
3MB, 720x576px
>>387316031
I was more of a fan of the SA1 style of wide open levels you can abuse physics with. SA2 is faster and more refined but you can't really explore and discover shortcuts through jumping off slopes in that game. Plus mashing that spindash is ridiculous. It's really fucking buggy though and I wish they refined it instead of ditching more for a more linear approach. Utopia is as close as people got to emulating that style.
>>
>>387316336
<3
>>
>>387316179
>defending this hard
There's a difference between a good game and one that "has nothing egregiously bad about it".
>>
>>387316323
Play as Knuckles.
>>
File: T41Z9sD.png (608KB, 797x469px) Image search: [Google]
T41Z9sD.png
608KB, 797x469px
>>387316323
He's busy being an obnoxious dickhead somewhere else.
>>
Sonic has always been a spotty series. Sonic 3&K was the only one that kept a high level of quality throughout. Sonic Mania gives Sonic 1 and 2 stages the 3&K treatment and is better for it.
>>
>>387316191
You go to the present. I'm just saying you need to find all 10 of the containers in the first act. You'll know when you've done it right because it'll say that you made a good future in Act 1. I don't really care if you don't believe me. Someone else will find it sooner or later.
>>
>>387316336
Even werehog Sonic?
>>
File: 1502744347733.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502744347733.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Is this the best Sonic cutscene in history?
>>
>reward for collecting all the emeralds is completely breaking the game with OP powers and making it insanely easy

Why?

Why does Tails and Knuckles not get cool super saiyan sprites?
>>
>>387316207
Metal Sonic, two characters I won't name. I just told you how to unlock the character in Mania mode.
>>
>>387316410
That's kinda dumb. The Leader of the Quriky Miniboss Squad should at least be fightable with everyone.
>>
Question: Can Tails go super?
>>
>>387316625

everyone can
>>
>>387316625
Yes, but doesn't have flickies like in S3&K, as he didn't use the hyper Emeralds.
>>
>>387316543
>knuckles canonically thinks in crayon
>super emeralds gray and cracked
>>
>>387316410
>Read about this on tvtropes before it happened

I walked right into that one. But you can guess what he does during the fight so it's not that big a surprise I guess.
>>
>>387316617
S3&K did generally a similar thing with Mecha Sonic. Sonic got some fights vs him in Sky Sanctuary; but Knuckles was the one who got the real fight with him.
>>
>>387316654
>>387316661
Its a minor thing, but I have been waiting years for both Knuckles and Tails to be able to go into Super form again. That is fucking great.
>>
The Metal Sonic fight is flawed as he wall of spikes holds your rings. Getting hit isnt even a problem as you can instantly swoop up all your rings immediately after.

There's no threat to that fight at all.
>>
>>387316617
You can fight him. It's possible to unlock the Knuckles campaign as Sonic and Tails. Including the extra unique stage, and the unique boss.
>>
>>387316471
>Big fluffy Sonic
Sure.
>>
>>387316323
get all the chaos emeralds

hint hint
>>
File: lightning-ball-4.jpg (162KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
lightning-ball-4.jpg
162KB, 1600x900px
>be mad at these shits for being hard to control
>realize near the end of Act 1 that I'm just supposed to press left or right
God damn I felt stupid. Only time I felt more stupid was losing three lives in the airplane part of Mirage Saloon because I didn't know drop dashing was a thing.
>>
File: 1387818306034.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1387818306034.png
23KB, 400x400px
Hydrocity act 2 sounds so meh in Mania
>>
Do you think dlc for this game would be possible? This game gave me blue balls.
>>
>>387316928
Hydrocity Act 2 is like the most boring lvl in the game, 95% identical to the original one
>>
>>387316823
Did you never play sonic 3's bonus stage?
>>
File: 1470595765507.jpg (29KB, 345x316px) Image search: [Google]
1470595765507.jpg
29KB, 345x316px
>>387316543

Is it true that playing the Super Sonic final stage with Knuckles using the level select mode will unlock a special image at the end?
>>
>>387316968
I'm talking about the music remix specifically. It's so damn meh compared to the original genesis song.
>>
what draws autismos to sonic? Is it the fast pace, the colorful characters with simple designs?
>>
>>387316991
It's been over 10 years since I played that game, but I probably didn't understand it there either.
>>
Was Heavy Shinobi one big shout out to the Shinobi series?
>>
>>387316928
Mania Hydrocity is weird
Unlike all other Genesis classic stages, Act 1 is the one that actually changes the layout and gimmicks and it's a much better remix than Act 2's
At least it's still Hydrocity Act 2 so it's a good stage but I wonder the reasoning
>>
>>387317141
Like I said I was only talking about the music remix >>387317016
It's so meh compared to the original song which is my favorite vidya tune of all time.
>>
>>387317141
Doesn't Tee Lopes dislike act 2's theme compared to act 1?
>>
>>387317141
Acts 1 + 2 are reversed as the original boss for act 2 was stupid easy. Don't you find it odd that the bosses are both present, but the order is reversed?
>>
>>387317120
Probably not, Shinobi didn't coin the term shinobi...
>>
>>387316928
Hydrocity 2 sounds almost identical to the genesis version, except on updated synths. I like it.
>>
>>387317238
If that's true he's a tasteless faggot
>>
File: EGG TV.webm (690KB, 548x360px) Image search: [Google]
EGG TV.webm
690KB, 548x360px
The animations in this game are god tier.
>>
>>387317141
Honestly, I'm thinking between that and Blue Spheres coming back, Taxman and Stealth were probably just trying to compensate for the fact that we'll most likely never get an enhanced remake of Sonic 3 & Knuckles like what we got with Sonic 1, 2, and CD, due to music liscense shit SEGA won't address.
>>
>>387317120
>>387317365
He does use sound effects from the Shinobi Genesis game
>>
>>387316968
>Most Boring

that would be Press Garden
>>
>>387317384
>Hydrocity 2 sounds almost identical to the genesis version
No it doesn't, you need to go to an ear doctor.
It clearly doesn't have the oomph the genesis version does.
>>
anyone noticed the mini robo sonics made game gear sonic sounds?
>>
File: 1Silver_Sonic.png (793KB, 859x859px) Image search: [Google]
1Silver_Sonic.png
793KB, 859x859px
>>387317617
It's Silver Sonic from the Master System games, obviously he'd do that. The game really goes all the way in when it comes to fanservice.
>>
>>387317065
as far as classicfags go, it's the design mentality. It's built in a way that awards repetition and autists love repetition. Other parts of the fandom? I guess the "deep plots" and just being furry degenerates.
>>
File: 05a-Scrambled-Egg-Boss[1].png (35KB, 616x381px) Image search: [Google]
05a-Scrambled-Egg-Boss[1].png
35KB, 616x381px
>>387317617
who would've thunk it
>>
>>387317710
Too bad they didn't include Mecha Sonic.

He should have summoned each form of Metal Sonic instead of just Silver Sonics.
>>
>>387317016
It's literally the same on a slightly modified soundfont. I'd say it's at least just as good.

On the other hand, the angel island remix was fucking baller, with that thumping bassline. Too bad the sound test version is just as short as the intro itself.
>>
>>387317463
Thankfully, at least, S3&K is the one game in the series that doesn't need any sort of update to continue being utterly amazing forevermore.
>>
>>387317802
The game sort of has a little homage of sorts during Chuckles Lava Reef boss.
>>
>>387317561
Yeah, it doesn't have the same "oomph" as the Genesis' fucking overdrive-centric soundfont in the same sense that your favorite song doesn't have the "oomph" of a jet taking off.
>>
>>387317860
is knuckles the only one with somewhat different things or does tails get his own stuff too
>>
>>387316543
>wait a sec are you trying to trick me?
Took ya long enough, Knucklehead
>>
>Playing as Knuckles with &Knuckles mode

I'm Chuckling
>>
>>387301225
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq1EApFhE6w#t=1m42s
>>
File: lpd.png (2KB, 87x62px) Image search: [Google]
lpd.png
2KB, 87x62px
>>387316471
Especially werehog Sonic.
>>
>>387318057
>playing &Knuckles mode
>you can jump, then press and hold up+jump to make your &Knuckles glide and even attack enemies
that's obtuse as fuck but pretty cool
>>
>>387301832
I am mandated to move swiftly
>>
>>387318090
>>387301225
If anything it will turn those into Cease and Desists.
>>
>>387318290
Sega is the company behind Sonic, not Nintendo
>>
>mfw Mini Sonic in Metallic Madness
>>
What zones from S3 are off limits due to Music Rights problem?
>>
>>387304704
DSP beat it in two tries. The first time he beat it but died to the spikes right after killing Metal Sonic.
If you took more than two tries then you are objectively worse than DSP.
>>
>>387318397
Carnival Night, Ice Cap, and Launch Base
>>
>>387318397
>What zones from S3 are off limits due to Music Rights problem?
You haven't played S3&K have you? All the MJ songs were taken out.
>>
>>387318397
Ice Cap, Launch Base, and Carnival Night
>>
>>387301771
Oh thank God, this whole time I thought I had limited tries. It's super fun but I'm not exactly a natural with it
>>
>>387318521
Only the Miniboss, End Credits, and Knuckle's themes were replaced in S3&K
>>
>>387318290
SEGA's creatively bankrupt when it comes to Sonic. They need all the help they can get.
>>
>>387318478
>>387318527
> We could have had Angel Island as the first zone instead of Green Hill.

Fuck.
>>
Did anyone understand what was going on in the ending? Was that Little Planet? I honestly did not understand any of the cutscenes in this game.
>>
File: ZV1qwb9.png (66KB, 193x164px) Image search: [Google]
ZV1qwb9.png
66KB, 193x164px
>>387318694
MANIA TEAM
>>
>>387301771
What a pussy method. Way more fun to actually explore the stages.
>>
File: 1502845834025.gif (139KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1502845834025.gif
139KB, 200x200px
>>387318694
I think Sega directly credited the person who did Angel Island zone in an OST collection and Brawl, and it was done by the Japanese team, not MJ.

>tfw Ice Cap Zone, the fan favorite from 3, and a top 5 contender will never be seen or heard from again
>>
>>387302178
And yet the Chemical Plant Zone stairs will still glitch and crush you.

No, they're still as incompetent as ever.
>>
>>387301832
It is imperative to travel at an accelerated pace
>>
>>387318694
>>387318760
in a Famitsu interview yesterday Iizuka said the only zone he forced them to put in was flying battery.
>>
File: 1502811757109.png (39KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1502811757109.png
39KB, 900x700px
>>387306642
>Super Sonic transformation is still double tapping with no way of turning it down.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>387301832
gotta go fasssssst
>>
What's the level select code?
>>
>>387319131
Beat the game once
>>
>>387318397
They're trying to get the rights for Ice Cap, that's the only one where any legal problems arise. Only because Hard Times by the Jetzons was released in 2009. You notice how there's pretty much none of the level design from that Zone in the rest of the game? It's because the team wants to make it, but held off of due to time,budget and licensing.. Same goes for (in the case of budget and time;
- Collision Chaos
- Mystic Cave
- A Pinball based zone
- Wacky Workbench
- Marble
- Death Egg
- Mushroom Hill
- Sky Sanctuary

I don't expect people to believe me about this, but the budget for this game was next to nothing. There's about 15 full time developers on this project, and Sega only gave them a year. Even then, however, the biggest problem for the team was budgetary, as the amount of Artists could only produce the amount of zones present in game.
Maybe you guys should find it odd that there's only 4 new zones in the game, yet one of them has 3 acts as opposed to 2, and there's 27 bosses, despite only being 25 levels.

Content limitations imposed by budget. The level designers have already done more. Sonic Mania 2 / DLC for Mania 1 is already underway.
>>
File: 74'9124'12.png (47KB, 124x158px) Image search: [Google]
74'9124'12.png
47KB, 124x158px
>>387311131
I'm playing Starcraft.
>>
>>387318949
Intended and part of the experience.

Get good, etc.
>>
>>387319016
link to the transkated article
>>
All I'm hearing right now is "Sonic should only cater to me". Let the little kids and DevianArt kiddies have their Sonic Forces. You got the game you wanted.

>>387319131
1, 9, 9, 2, 1, 1, 2, 4
>>
>>387317463
Even if we don't get S3&K: Taxman Edition, I am kind of hoping that this will push Sega into letting taxman port over the mobile ports of Sonic 1 and 2 to console/PC.

That and maybe doing some other projects, like remakes of some of the Game Gear games. Hell, using the levels from them and doing a remixed version would be interesting as hell.
>>
>>387316031
>The thing about SA2 is that it gives you full control
Again. I'm perplexed by this assertion. The control is loose, sloppy and with so much mapped to a single button vital inputs get dropped at the worst possible times.

If "getting good" is forgiving/adjusting to the game's broken state, then most people don't have that kind of autistic drive to play a shit game enough to "get good" at it.
>>
>mirage saloon
>only 2 emeralds
>failed the third special stage four times
Time to kill myself
>>
>>387319202
I just used google translate on the original article
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201708/16139687.html
>>
File: 1492474744997.jpg (81KB, 535x711px) Image search: [Google]
1492474744997.jpg
81KB, 535x711px
>>387312825
>New 3D game revisits Mirage Saloon and adds rapping to the song.
>>
>>387318397
I don't get why Sega doesn't just pull the same stuff they did with the original PC version of S3&K and just redo the music for those stages.

Don't get me wrong, the songs for all 3 of the off limit stages are great, but I would rather have the game then the songs.
>>
>>387319353

Let the crew redo S3&K. Release it as Sonic Genesis Trilogy definitive edition for all platforms. Easy 20 bucks right there.
>>
I'm not sure what they were thinking with Titanic Monarch.

Who thought this was a good level to end the game on?
>>
>>387318873
that would be fine if there wasn't a time limit. Seriously what the fuck Taxman that turned a 10/10 into a 9/10
>>
Hey I have the character dlc in here! Ahhhhhhh...
>>
>>387318930
Just listen to Hard Times
>>
>>387315156
NOT UNTIL YOU FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME YOU SHITHEAD.
>>
File: 1502614384093.gif (100KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1502614384093.gif
100KB, 267x200px
>>387316617
In a way that's true, but on the other hand it feels like this adds a lot of weight to the Knuckles campaign, making it looks like his actions were actually meaningful to the story and that's going to be appreciated by fans of the character.
>>
>>387311396
Nack (weeabood insist on calling him Fang) is from Sonic Tripple Trouble
Bean is from an old game called Dynamite Dux and he, along with Bark the Polar Bear, was in Sonic the Fighters.
>>
>>387300341
is it just me is both the final boss and true final boss kinda bad?
>>
>>387316928
It sounds pretty much the same, and I feel that's what's letting people down.

Personally, I really dislike the Metallic Madness remixes, they aren't bad, but the original tracks were so much better and made the zone look a lot more dangerous (especially the bad future).
Thread posts: 529
Thread images: 110

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.