[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corrupted/Lost save files in games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: descarga.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.png
4KB, 225x225px
Have anyone gone through this? It has just happened to me today.
>Be me playing Ty the Tasmanian Tiger for the nostalgia of 15 years ago
>A week ago downloaded the .iso to play it in my wii using nintendont
>Played it a pair of hours like 3 days and had completed like 80% by today
>Was playing it when I notice the save icon in the corner has been ther for a while
>Didnt care too much about it and cotinue playing
>Couldnt open the pause menu (the game dont let you do that while saving)
>Started to worry and looked for the portal to return to the Rainbow Cliffs (world with lot of portals to other stages)
>The save icon was gone but the pause menu still not worked
>Remebered thatthe game autosaves when doing something important like entering a stage
>Went to the next stage and turned off the wii
>Loaded again the game
>There was no save files
>panicked.jpg
>Restarted the game and but nothing changed
>Looked in google if there were a save file similar to my progress but just found one with 100%
>Being sad started writting this

Anyone knows if there is a way to repair or get a similar save file for this game? Also share your stories of sad moments like mine
>>
>>387294513
>spend 1000 hours modding skyrim
>all is well
>then sudden crashes everywhere
>game no longer boots
And that's how I stopped playing Skyrim.
Just isn't worth the trouble.
>>
>>387294513
Same happened with SH: Shattered memories

stopped playing like 1 year and later when I tried taking a pic it froze and the savedata was gone.

It's over op...
>>
File: 1494772975211.png (4KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
1494772975211.png
4KB, 302x237px
>>387294513
I almost dropped Persona 3 because I lost like 5 hours of progress.
Made like 5 save files after that, fucking hell.
>>
Same problem with Binding of Isaac

Love the game, one of my favorites ever, but for some reason steam refuses to load my save, it just keeps crashing on launch.

I've done everything, I just want to play my comfy game again
>>
File: nisa.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nisa.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>387294513
Call of Cthulhu, the monster waves on the ship refused to spawn

Ultra Despair girls, saved after the second to last chapter and stopped playing for a while, when i turned my vita back on it wouldn't load the save anymore
>>
The game was never worth playing to begin with if you need your saves to continue enjoying it. I always delete my save after I finish a game.
>>
>>387294664

just play vanilla friend
>>
File: evildead1-e1441748461502.jpg (275KB, 1876x1036px) Image search: [Google]
evildead1-e1441748461502.jpg
275KB, 1876x1036px
>primary hard drive suddenly shits itself
>reinstall on secondary HDD
>computer doesn't even recognize that the old primary's even connected any more
At the least I managed to save my Honey Select girls.
>>
The only time Ive lost a save was my own fault for being a rii-tard.

Saves for consoles like PS3 and 3DS are great though because you can xfer and edit them or their permissions to run on emulators or other consoles.

Vita save files are really difficult to do anything with though since to xfer the save file you need to xfer the entire game for some reason.

PS4's are okay since you can back them up to USB. I reccomend people back up their save files asap.

PSP and DS save files are good too since you can xfer them, PSP is much easier to xfer to other consoles or for editing and DS is a bit more complex especially when xfering to 3DS.
>>
Lost my 100% Lego Indiana Jones save the day after I completed it
>>
>>387294785
I think you are right anon, its ovrr and the only way is playing it again from 0% but like >>387294664 said is not worth the trouble (although it was not more than 8 hours) I just dont feel like playing it for anothrer 15 years
>>
I remember I lost gran turismo 4 save data, I had almost all races, more than half of the cars, and all the endurance races, it broke my heart, I haven't touched it again until thus day
>>
File: 1480671434343.png (783KB, 1500x1796px) Image search: [Google]
1480671434343.png
783KB, 1500x1796px
>>387294513
>spend hours recreating a personal music file in a proper music making program
>sounds great
>go to click save
>power goes out
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.