[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Development Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: peekin_into_my_room.jpg (47KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
peekin_into_my_room.jpg
47KB, 450x325px
>Hey son, how's the game development going. Are ya winning?

Well? How is that game going?
>>
File: 1318154160189.jpg (99KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1318154160189.jpg
99KB, 1600x1200px
>>387293196
can't code
can't draw
got no money to hire people
got no friends to start a grassroots dev team with
I am nothing
>>
>>387293196
I'm a brainlet, dad.
>>
>>387293332
For coding, use gamemaker, lots of tutorials, you'll be doing cool stuff in 2 weeks. For drawing use gimp or aseprite. I studied anime characters for general design ideas, proportions, and basic lighting. Became quite good after a short time
>>
I'd rather rub my dick with sandpaper than learn how to fucking code. Tried taking a basic website creation class and had to withdraw it was so fucking hard for me
>>
File: Load_Bar_wait.gif (8KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Load_Bar_wait.gif
8KB, 64x64px
Going well atm, not much I'd like to show now but you just wait for the hot shit that everyone and your moms will be talking about!
>>
>>387293196
>Are ya winning?
What's with dads and this fuckin question, seriously.

no,dad, you do not simply "win" the game ffs
>>
>>387294004
can we get a vague rundown of what it's about?
>>
File: spetre_float.gif (5KB, 112x128px) Image search: [Google]
spetre_float.gif
5KB, 112x128px
>>387294385
An easy-to-add-on game that requires coordination and rhythm to strike mobs coming at you from different directions, a lot like a certain Undertale boss fight
>>
>>387293196
I just want to feel the passion again...
>>
>>387294071
They're trying to be nice even tho it cripples their boomer hearts to see their suns indulging in madeup bullshit
>>
>>387294601
Nice, what's the theme? Fantasy, urban, scifi, everything? Gonna be marketing soon?
>>
>>387293196
>tfw you have an idea for the gameplay and everything but no idea of what kind of plot to do
It's an abstract kind of feel
>>
>>387295516
What kind of gameplay, maybe we can give you ideas
>>
>>387296249
the thing is, it won't exactly work unless it's in a specific condition, which is "enemies become weapons for the characters after negotiation"
>>
>>387296576
Have you considered a plot that doesn't center on the gameplay mechanics at all? Like a romance, for example, centered around a cast of characters, and your gameplay mechanic is used as an engine to push everything along, but isn't the plot's main focus.
>>
>>387297442
Alright sorry, it's not the plot that's the problem, but the setting and the world.
The plot might as well be what you said, but the world has to adhere by these rules.
>>
>>387297860
This makes no sense. You can literally do anything with such and absurd concept and no one will question it.
>>
>>387298070
you might be right and I might be super close-minded on this
I'll try and give it some thought, thanks anon
>>
>>387297860
You could try historical fiction, pick a time in history when the world had to abide by those rules, and then create the setting based on how it affected everything since then. Something like, when corporate ceos form conglomerates with each other, they turn their partners into weapons which are used to fight rival CEOs who they then turn into weapons and so on and so forth. It shows how the corporate world molded to these new mechanics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.