[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT dead or forgetten franchises/ips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (96).jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (96).jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
>cliffhanger.
>only sold 2000 copies .
>atari refuses sequel.
>devs studio is dead years later.
>>
File: 250px-The_Mark_of_Kri_Coverart.png (202KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
250px-The_Mark_of_Kri_Coverart.png
202KB, 250x354px
>>387292229
>>
>>387292229
>only sold 2000 copies
no way is this true
I saw this game on store shelves all the time
>>
>>387292229
Megaman Legends
>>
File: smug red kid.png (143KB, 374x392px) Image search: [Google]
smug red kid.png
143KB, 374x392px
>>387292341
>I saw this game on store shelves all the time

>only sold 2000

>"no way this is true"
>>
>>387292229
Theresia
Astonishia Story
Hotel Dusk
Wild Arms
Alundra
Shadow Heart
Musashi
Breath of Fire
Bully
TWEWY
>>
>>387292464
More people have had to have bought it for it to be so readily available on used game shelves
>>
It, of course, had a cliffhanger "you've got to play the sequel" ending and it was pretty fun.
>>
Custom Robo
Gunstar Heroes
Metroid
Games like final fantasy tactics where there is a more serious tone and not super animu bullshit all over it or completely underwhelming gameplay.
>>
File: onimusha31024.jpg (198KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
onimusha31024.jpg
198KB, 1024x768px
>>387292229
>Nu-Capcom won't even r(ee)-release the originals because they don't want to pay for actor likenesses
>>
>>387292658

I'm sure Jean Reno doesn't give two shits, and has probably forgotten this even exists.
>>
File: 8-ca09.jpg (113KB, 889x562px) Image search: [Google]
8-ca09.jpg
113KB, 889x562px
>>387292286
The art direction for both of the games were excellent. It's a shame sony gave up on the franchise like they do to every of their published games that isn't a triple AAA movie meme. Gravity rush is already bound to fall into obscurity just like ape escape.
>>
Even if it wasn't a direct sequel I would have loved to have seen Radiata Stories become a Franchise the Party System was really cool for it's time even if it was a guidebook nightmare.
>>
If MonHun World does really well, I'm hoping Sony decide to bring this back as their answer to the series.

It's too neat an IP to be forgotten after one instalment (Well, plus a revision).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThJ5_smk134
>>
File: 1486688899614.jpg (419KB, 512x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1486688899614.jpg
419KB, 512x1536px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSENH7rwy3g
>>
File: gladius-800x537.jpg (88KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
gladius-800x537.jpg
88KB, 800x537px
I wish lucas art was still making games. The opening is always a must watch for every time I boot the game up. Personally the best srpg ever released for consoles imo. The whole button timing mechanics is great and got rid of the RNG damage value nonsense I hated in early jrpgs.
>>
Megaman Legends or the whole megaman franchise. FUCK CAPCOM
>>
>>387292229
Kya is one of my favorite "bad" games. probably my most favorite. it had a lot of problems, like that carry-over syndrome that a lot of early PS2 and Xbox games, where the developers didn't know how next gen games should look. so, they made them cartoony and silly, because that's what Playstation and Saturn games looked like. the sound had a lot of issues and the character models just looked unfinished.

but the gameplay was solid, though, and Tough Independent Heroine is always welcome. if Playstation style low-poly graphics ever catches on with Indie developers, I hope someone manages to revive Kya
>>
>>387292390
so baffled that the third one got canned when it was almost complete. any explanation as to why?

>>387293349
>>387293450
you guys should buy a copy of Hellblade, and pray that everyone else does, too. games like these are the very thing Ninja Theory is talking about when they talk about "AAA Indie." we NEED more games like this!
>>
>>387295485
>any explanation as to why?

They were piggybacking heavily on the Community DevRoom's Imput, apparently capcom felt it wasn't getting enough feedback and contributions and Canceled the project as well as the Demo Release (Only one Reporter has ever actually played this demo and reported on it). Inafune leaving and the Backlash they got for the sudden cancellation probably didn't help change minds.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.