[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kojidrones are the worst.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: header.jpg (23KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
23KB, 460x215px
>Game features less of Kojimas embarrassingly bad writing.
>The gameplay is actually enjoyable for once.
>Kojidrones think its the worst in the series.

Why are Metal Gear fans the worst?
>>
>>387290641
Peach Walker is the worst.

>the shit story that completely contradicts the entire ending of 3
>"Hotcold Man"
>100 missions that all play the same
>tanky bosses

not fun
>>
File: 1353854787518.jpg (249KB, 620x775px) Image search: [Google]
1353854787518.jpg
249KB, 620x775px
>>387290641
explain how MGS4 that is full on kojima bullshit is also considered one of the worst faggot
>>
>>387290879
The Phantom Plot is the worst.

>the shit story that completely contradicts the entire saga
>"Wolbachia"
>100 missions that all play the same
>no bosses

not fun
>>
>>387290641
exactly.

I just played through all of the mGS games. Every one of them sucked except for V. I understand why 1 was significant and 3 had some good boss fights, but for games as a whole they were just terrible. V is the only one that is remotely enjoyable, but still has a retarded nonsensical story.
>>
>>387290641
>>387292640
The writing and gameplay in both MGS1 and MGS2 are top tier.
>>
>>387290879
You're just assblasted because the game came out for the PSP.

Get better taste.
>>
fans of the series expected to play the lore and story rich games they were used to as the final chapter of a 30 year series. all the trailers hinted that it would blow peoples minds and would tie up a bunch of loose ends, instead we got a singleplayer version of Ghost Recon Wildlands and all the interesting trailers pretty much showed every single cutscene in the game. and although I liked the gameplay too, doing the same side-ops style missions, even as main story missions, got dull as fuck
>>
>>387290641
>>Game features less of Kojimas embarrassingly bad writing.
The bad writing is there, it's just mostly confined to the cassette tapes.

Personally I didn't like the mission based structure as much as I did in Peace Walker.
>>
>>387290641
lvl design is pure garbage
>>
The only people who defend 5 are those who think it was some kind of incredibly deep meta-commentary by Kojima and not some lazy watered down version of the same idea in 2 used as a scapegoat to protect his favorite character from actually becoming a villain.
>>
>>387290641
It's been a while since I've played 4, but I think Skull Face's speech in the jeep is the worst writing in MGS history
>>
>>387293035
Big Boss does become a villain by proxy
>>
>>387290641
If someone likes eating shit and you try feeding them something edible they will hate it.
>>
>>387292605
>completely contradicts the entire saga
how?
>>
>>387292868
>fans of the series expected to play the lore and story rich games they were used to
MG's lore is basically 70% real world history and 30% made up stuff, so..

>would tie up a bunch of loose ends
like what? They've been saying that since MGS4. There are no loose ends in the franchise, only new characters spawned in every title.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCx6s_DlN-A&t=38s
>>
>>387293756
fuck off Yong!
>>
>>387290641
>less
it's still there faggot
and it's more retarded than ever
play the game
>>
I've recently replayed MGSV and paid more attention to its story. Contrary to popular belief, it is there, and I thought it was surprisingly good.
>>
>>387293889
wolbachia
dineh
vocal cord parasites
copulation
female
bilagaana
metallic archaea
>>
File: 1.jpg (35KB, 349x440px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35KB, 349x440px
>>387294154
>>
Kojima is exactly the reason the game is shit. He wrote the worst, most nonsensical story in MGS history, and that's all that matters considering the good gameplay didn't save it.

MGS4 is considered a low point too even though it has better gameplay than 1-3 (or so people say anyway). Why? Shit story.

MGS 1-3 = dated gameplay but masterful story. That's why they're great.

Even Portable Ops had a better story than 4 and 5. Also I've always like Peace Walker.
>>
>>387293476
>MG's lore is basically 70% real world history and 30% made up stuff, so..
not sure what that has to do with what fans liked about the lore and storytelling of the original games, and yes a lot of fucking books and movies and vidya with good stories are about real world history with some fiction tacked on. anyone who tries vaguely lead on to their point using ellipses is usually a bitch made dude or a female.

>like what? They've been saying that since MGS4. There are no loose ends in the franchise, only new characters spawned in every title.
so what? its the last game in the series people expected something epic, not a completely different direction and a clearly unfinished game with samey gameplay and a focus on PW resources farming shit no one wanted.
>>
File: gEOKk0P.jpg (65KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
gEOKk0P.jpg
65KB, 810x780px
>>387290641
no bosses and bosses are fun
>>
I hate faggots that complained about long cutscenes and codec calls interrupting the gameplay flow,
Tho I doubt Kojima listened to them and butchered the game because he's actually an hack and went creatively bankrupt and went with a random script sent to him by a fanfic maker.
>>
>>387292719
MGS1 barely has any gameplay and was overshadowed by both Tenchu and Theif which came out the same year.
>>
>>387294580
>and that's all that matters considering the good gameplay didn't save it.
>MGS 1-3 = dated gameplay but masterful story. That's why they're great.
MGS faggots literally prefer story over gameplay. Amazing.
>>
>>387294580
Reminder that Tomokazu Fukushima was the actual writer for MGS 1, 2 and 3 and is why the series went to shit once he left.
>>
>>387295965
lol no
>>
>>387290641
>game is barely an MGS game
>wonders why fans don't like it
Really fires up my nanomachines
>>
>>387296007
a good story can compensate for mediocre gameplay
a good gameplay can't compensate for a god-awful story
>>
>>387296193
what is 3?
>>
>>387296170
MGS1 literally only has 20 normal enemies in the game and the stealth is barebones at best.
>>
>>387296319
A game that has actual boss fights, codec conversations, attention to detail, and complete plot?
>>
>>387296238
>a good gameplay can't compensate for a god-awful story
Yes it fucking can faggot. No one fucking plays Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden for the masterpiece story telling. Go back to playing The Last of Us or some shit, sonybro. Or maybe consider suicide. Christ neo-/v/ is fucking repulsive.
>>
>>387297018
Nobody plays those games for the story, no. but do play Mgs for the story m8
>>
Is it ever explained how Venom's Mother Base turns into Outer Heaven?

I mean he goes from rescuing horizontal striped jackals, into war orphans? I can understand if BB is all bad I guess if he wants to write it that way, but I don't understand Venom's involvement
>>
>>387297456
It isnt the real Outer Heaven. the plan was to make it the fake outer heaven, etc. Venom just calls Mother Base Outer Heaven at one point
>>
>>387292813
Its on Xbox 360 in the HD Collection

what are you talking about
>>
>>387290641
You're wrong. Gameplay MECHANICS are great but gameplay itself is bad because of no proper missions, no level design, no story, no involvement.
>>
File: 1469778946398s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469778946398s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>387292605
>he can't tell the difference between metal gear and metal gear solid.
>>
>>387293035
metal gear and metal gear solid m8 both are cannon
>>
>>387290641
>Quiet and her reasoning for being half naked
>Metal Gear with super powers which can't be explained with super advanced technology, but blunt magic
>Skullface
>entire jeep sequence
>wolbachia, vocal chord parasites
>Skulls
>zombified soldiers, which are totally not zombies
>entire entry sequence with flaming whale
>>
>>387290641
Story is the most important part of a game. Gameplay only matters as long as im playing it, story can be remembered for many years after playing.
>>
>>387297328
MGS faggots literally prefer story over gameplay. Amazing.
>>
>>387296390
i always think that the cinematics, boss fights, and aesthetic made up for MGS games. MGS1 was more of an interactive movie than anything
>>
>>387292640
>V is the only one that is remotely enjoyable
To each their own, but I personally prefer clunkier gameplay over barren fields all over
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>387298887
I can forgive everything else, but having to play through the entire first hour of the game again, just to see a few new cutscenes? [at the end]

Now thats bullshit.
>>
>>387297603
He ends up making Outer Heaven while BB makes Zanzibarland, though.
>>
>>387300349
They didn't even take the tutorial prompts out. Talk about adding insult to injury.
>>
>>387290641
Hey man don't lump us all together. I really like and enjoy this game. The original saga is still my favorite but I defended the fuck outta 5.
>>
>>387290641
I'm a kojidrone and I unironically enjoy every metal gear game with mgs5 in my top 3
>>
>I haven't played any MGS game: the thread
>>
>>387290641
>>387290974
MGS4 is the best all around game in the series.
MGSV has the most replayability/sanbox potential.
MGS2 has the best story and best "Classic" gameplay.

Kojima game are almost always solid in one way or another, pun intended.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.