[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth it for $7.99?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: DMC.jpg (79KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
DMC.jpg
79KB, 410x410px
Hey /v/, I heard you guys talking about this series for so long and went out and bought 4 but kept missing DMC HD on sale. It's on sale for $7.99 on PSN and was wondering if it's worth it? I loved the Ninja Theory reboot and wanted to play the original series but don't want a potential Silent Hill HD situation.
>>
One of the best HD collections. Go for it.
>>
I bought it and haven't played it. Play current hack n slash instead, like nioh
>>
Yee, great deal, it's a great collection.
>>
>>387285913
Definitely. DMC1 is a good game if you can get over its clunkiness, DMC2 is bad but technically playable if you're interested in experiencing the terribleness for yourself, and DMC3 elevated the series to a whole new level.

Surprised that Capcom hasn't ported this to PS4/PC/etc yet.
>>
Yeah, it's worth it. 1 and 3 are great games.
>>
>>387285913
>tl;dr
Yes
>>
>>387286091
>>387286265
>>387286383
>>387286640
>>387286714

Thanks /v/. Strapped on cash but this is one of the games I've been wanting to play for some time. I've heard phenomenal things about 3, which I'm very excited to play.

Should I play in chronological order or release?
>>
Release order
>>
>>387287606
Yes
>>
>>387287606
Release order. Play DMC1, maybe try out 2 at least just to understand it, and then play 3.
>>
File: dmc-devil-may-cry1.jpg (812KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dmc-devil-may-cry1.jpg
812KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvN2vUVhzFg convinced me to buy 3 and 4 on steam
>>
>>387287606
Release, I more or less played it in chronological order and still had a hell of a time with the first game but odds are you won't have the same experience like I did if you do the same.
>>
File: DMC Lounging Marionettes.png (751KB, 638x458px) Image search: [Google]
DMC Lounging Marionettes.png
751KB, 638x458px
>>387287606
Release order, but don't rush to 3. Try to beat DMC1 on at least Hard, then DMD if you're up to the challenge. The games do difficulty right. Feel free to skip 2 and just listen to the OST.
>>
>>387285913
is this on ps4
>>
>>387289867
No, on PS3 and 360.

>>387289591
>>387288469
>>387287724
Going to 100% each of the games, including the Ninja Theory one once I finish the main saga. Can I play 4 first? I'm going off to Uni and won't have my PS3 with me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.