[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible that the writing in this game is so awful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 27

File: ZojjaRatasumDistance[1].jpg (864KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZojjaRatasumDistance[1].jpg
864KB, 1920x1080px
How is it possible that the writing in this game is so awful?

>>It's a robot competition
>>Someone is plagurising..

>>lets fucking kill him?

>>We worship the pale tree
>>Naw we don't believe in your pale tree
>>lets FUCKING KILL THEM.

>>You invented this weather change device
>>some faggot decides to steal it and present it to the judges as his own...
>> for some reason he riggs it to kill the judges?!
>>Here let zojja fix the device despite you literally being the inventor.

This game's story writing is some of the most trashiest senseless crap I've ever come across. It's literally:

1) What something happened?

2) Better go punch it.
>>
>>387285416
The best part is how "your story" stops being "yours". Haven't played it in years but I read that they started adding more SJW shit.
>>
>>387285416
Does it at least get better?

I can tolerate the SJW crap, even lesbians and trannies.. what gets me is that it doesn't even make sense.

Characters don't appear to have any motivation other than to enable the player to hit them.

The player's character keeps saying stupid shit like "I can't wait to beat this guy up". "I can't wait to shove his face down his butt"...
>>
>>387285416
>>387285731
>>387286325
What game?
>>
>>387286515
Guildwars2
>>
>>387286325
Do you really expect retarded SJWs with a superficial personality to understand how nuanced the world really is? That there are many shades of grey? You can blame the hack writer aptly named McCheese.
>>
>>387286708
Even when they got out of the sylvari mary sue bullshit, they end up doing it again with the Queen being superior, she isn't wrong, and had her opponent kill because he EVAL and white and old. I always find it funny they call it the "living story" but it mostly about drama about your retarded group.
>>
File: 1496293539375.jpg (108KB, 363x620px) Image search: [Google]
1496293539375.jpg
108KB, 363x620px
>>387285416
Oh tater, that's literally just the cream of the crop!
It gets SO much worse. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>387286325
>Does it at least get better?

Haven't played the expansions but I can say that the vanilla's story just keeps getting more shittier. Worst of it is when a literal faggot becomes the chosen one and is the center of the story by the game's end.
>>
>>387286825
Well let me save your time. It doesn't get better.
>>
File: human god are eval now.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
human god are eval now.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>387286883
Yes I know. Never had I ever wanted to kill my own fucking teammates because how fucking unbearable they are.
>>
can anyone of you faggots name any more sjw shit in this game? I only know 2
>Marjory and kass lesbians
>tranny npc that 90% of players won't encounter
>>
File: 1456974302370.jpg (2MB, 3150x2910px) Image search: [Google]
1456974302370.jpg
2MB, 3150x2910px
>>387286971
This plot twist and horrendous direction the game was taking in general was the final nail for me.

Man, Beta up until Scarlet got involved was at least bearable.
>>
>>387286993
The entire living story revolved around faggots for so long the game has been tainted. We can't trust you Arenanet, whats more you refuse to get rid of diversity's edge. Your writings bad. And you should feel bad for letting that shit get in to the game.
>>
>>387285416
>I didn't even skip any dialogue when I did the story and nothing made sense for me
>>
>>387286993
You literally have the main cast as SJW shitters.

>Two Lesbos
>Token Black Norn despite the fact Elonaians exist..
>A fucking cripple
>Furry mom

The entirely of Sylvari culture, is pretty much matriarchal, with neither gender having a concept of it. Plenty of gay NPCs literally flying rainbows.

Also Caithe and Foalian were lesbo salads.

I'm sure I can find more.
>>
File: 1437321587285.png (202KB, 473x243px) Image search: [Google]
1437321587285.png
202KB, 473x243px
>>387286993
>Flame Legeion and Sons of whatever don't allow girls in and are sexist as fuck, despite plans for having the Sons of whatever having girl leaders in the concept art
>Caithe. Enough said
>Entire Sylvari Race
>Destiny Orphan that tags along in the Living Story
>Remember that Lion's Arch Election? The Strong independent woman that steal your credit and is a hypocrite vs a thievery Jew Charr? Guess who won?
>Said woman got rewarded an Airship, but you have to play real life money to get on despite player "voted" her in
>The fucking Fandom. Seriously, you can't find a fandom this cancer than this game
>afking in bank yield you this
>>
>>387285416
The first twenty levels are literally the best part of the entire game's story and the best it ever was, is, or will be because at least they focus on your starting choices and you're a meaningful character. It only gets worse from here on out.
>>
>>387286825
>tout "living story" as a way to keep the world feeling alive by injecting new content, story, and rewards
>in the end it's just glorified patches with a delayed price tag
>if you miss a patch for whatever reason you have to buy them if you want to catch up on the retarded story
>>
>>387287387
I wanted to give it a chance man. I thought alright this 'looks' shit but maybe if i actually read through all the quest text and voice overs it would actually make sense and I'd get a nice story out of it.

Instead I got literally the main character doing acts and being bloodthirsty enough to make ISIS proud, while at the same time being given dialog like a Saturday morning cartoon show with no plot and no sense of who the main characters are.
>>
File: 1455558064947.png (595KB, 2543x2338px) Image search: [Google]
1455558064947.png
595KB, 2543x2338px
Loving every post in this thread. Please don't stop.
>>
>>387287403
>Token Black Norn despite the fact Elonaians exist..
There a lot of things I want to add to this
>He the only Male at the start of the Living story group
>is the dumbest member of the group
>is a cuck; his girlfriend that he save in the dungeon dump him for a random fur trader
>made Eir his Mother, who had a one night stand with a black guy to give birth this faggot
>has a shitty tumblr hair
>he pretty much useless in the living story
>he even got injured and never did shit
>kill off Eir just to give him a "character"
>for some fucking reason, he get to name the Dragon Hunter
Imagine, this is the only original male team member of Destiny Orphan.
>>
File: 1500271167872.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500271167872.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>>387285416
>Entire Sylvari Race
Tell me again why it's okay to have a parasitic plant race and present bad things as good things?
>>
>>387288564
The writers are good at presenting parasites to society as good things. :^)
>>
File: 2E2DQpm[1].png (926KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
2E2DQpm[1].png
926KB, 900x570px
>>387288627
>>Final boss of most recent expansion
>>Big finale this should be good right?

>>Boss dies, and possess long-time story salad friend.

>>Main character goes to kill saladfriend in order to kill boss..

>>What does boss say?

Does he:

A) Impersonate friend and try to make main character let him live?

B) Tell him that he will stop being evil if allowed to survive?

C) "I AM THE BIG BAD GUY, I WILL KILL YOU GOOD GUY" *proceeds to die*.
>>
>>387285416
I briefly worked at ANet as Q&A Guild Wars 2.

The writers were all hired to write for the game only a year before launch. They were so backlogged that they had people who weren't even writers writing dialogue for the little events that happen around the world. 1 writer had to leave 3/4th's of the way through with the main quest. He was the one who created Trehearne. I caught up with him via Linkden months after and asked chatted with him. Trehearne wasn't supposed to be a mary sue, he was actually going to have him die in the pen-ultimate quest of the main game as a sacrifice in order to be able to kill the dragon. However they gave his unfinished script to an sjw who decided to self insert into Trehearne and there you have why that character is so shit.
>>
All this diversity bullshit yet they won't add male human on female charr romance
>>
>>387288987
Why did Anet hire all those SJWs anyway, and McCheese? Is there a story behind that? They also unironically took advice from Anita "Haha give me money!" Sarkeesian.
>>
>>387285416
Everything was dumb but bearable but holy fuck after my main nigga Tybalt dies, this USELESS FUCKBOI PLANT NIGGER IS THE WORST FUCKING CHARACTER EVER AND THE STORY GOES FUCKING WHO CARES MODE ITS SO FUCKING BAD AFTER ITS SHIT WHO THE FUCK CARES

THE STORY WAS BETTER WHEN IT WAS CASUAL AND JUST ABOUT YOU NOT FUCKING BROCOLI FAGGOT AND DRAGONS AND SHIT
>>
>>387289307
We could invent all sorts of conspiracy theories but the simplest explanation that also matches every other aspect of Guild Wars 2 is just categorical incompetence. Bad dev team hires bad writers and manages them badly.
>>
>>387288987
I believe this, he's so different in the salad story before you see him again.
>>
>>387289394
This faction is pretty shit for what they are and could have been a different society. That being said
> Tybalt says you're his only best friend because no one else likes him
>HEY ANON? HAVE YOU MET TRAHEARNE? HE IS MY BEST FRIEND AND HIS CUM TASTE LIKE HONEY
>>
>>387289307
As far as I can tell, and you can see this in the game, they were trying to be as progressive as possible to attract those players. There were many times when I was testing that complete dialogue, story arcs, even entire characters were changed to be more progressive. I distinctly remember one on the nord side where this male nord punches a female. Originally the female stayed down and other males rushed him and to the side of the female. It was changed to females rushing the male and kicking him, but when that just wasn't progressive enough it was changed to a female punching a male and the male literally saying "OWIEE" and running away while a bunch of females laughed and drank beer. I think the final iteration is still an event somewhere in the final game.
>>
File: 1469951026205.png (314KB, 469x474px) Image search: [Google]
1469951026205.png
314KB, 469x474px
>>387285416
>plagurising
>>
>>387288873
Is it C?
>>
File: 1502762761843.png (478KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
1502762761843.png
478KB, 720x542px
>>387289654
THIS

fucking really nigga?
>>
>>387289148
I never saw 2 different races loving each other. (Im probably wrong since i dont pay much attention to the story)
>>
>>387289701
Huh, well I haven't come across that myself. I'm not sure if you're fibbing Anon, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
>>
>>387287404
>You can't find a fandom this cancer than this game

I beg to differ
>>
>>387289832
Humans and Salds fuck regularly. There is AT LEAST one couple like this.
>>
File: Maw's_Rise.jpg (797KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Maw's_Rise.jpg
797KB, 1920x1080px
Remember capturing the Feast of Corruption from that wurm back in GW 1?
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Maw's_Rise
Nice easter egg, right?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marionette's_Landing
Living Story team replace a GW 1 Easter egg for Scarlet shit.
>>
Running around ascalon as a human I got the sneaking suspicion that maybe there had once been a writer who played GW1.

>char pollute the hell out of ascalon
>nothing grows
>ghosts still trying to kick their asses and get them out
>>
>>
>>387285416

>bored shitless and just built a new computer
>looking to play something, GW2 mildly peaks me since one of the big reasons I stopped playing was my sack of shit lagged
>go to official class forums
>virtually ever post on every single class forum is "BAWWW MY CLASS IS TERRIBLE AT EVERYTHING"
>or "BAWWW MY CLASS IS GOING TO BE TERRIBLE AT EVERYTHING"
>reading further in general/pvp/pve forums
>half the classes are perceived as unusable in various game modes
>multiple threads on Engineers and Revanants being instabooted from groups and raids
>giant shit fests about MAI PLANTS
>moderation is completely no existant

Fucking WoW's are some cancerous shit, but Jesus Christ they seem like King Auther's round fucking table compared to this shit show.
>>
>>387290923
>Backstabs for 10k
THIEF WILL NEVER BE GOOD IN PVP
>Teleports across the map
WE'RE SO BAD BUFF US ANET
>Leaves the meta once or twice for a month tops because of an important niche
ARGHHHH FUCKING NERF EVERYTHING BUT THIEF

It pissed me off more then anything else. God forbid you speak out against the thieves. The class wasn't even that hard but they made it seem like it was the epitome of skill in pvp.
>>
File: banned.jpg (47KB, 605x321px) Image search: [Google]
banned.jpg
47KB, 605x321px
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/17272-interview-gw2-interview-with-martin-kerstein-eric-flannum-cd-action/page-3#entry820606
Reminder that this is a thing.

>>387290923
I like how their search bar doesn't fucking work at all. Probably to prevent certain viewers from finding stuff that could be use against the mods or the game. You can get ban in the forum if you say anything bad about the game.

I remember going to the forum for a WvW section of the forum, Player something. It arguably the best part of the forum because all the WvW rivalry and shit flinging, and they remove that section because they don't want to mod that at all.

>>387291418
The fact that there no hard counter for stealth says a lot about pvp in general. And the existence of downed state. And stability.
>>
>>387288873
It's Pikachu!
>>
>>387291418

BUT BUT BUT THIEVES ARE ONLY BROKEN IN RAIDS, FRACTALS, SMALL SCALE PVP, AND ROAMING. THEY ARE ONLY BETTER THAN HALF THE CLASSES IN GROUP FIGHTS SO THEY ARE BALANCED.

Meanwhile Engines are decent in group fights and sub par in every other game mode. Revs and now warriors seem to be in that same boat. In all seriousness this is one of the first MMOs I've seen in recent history that has full accepted the fact that some classes are so flat out bad in some game modes that that's ok, because you can just level up a thief or guardian if you are interested in doing those modes. And the community has embraced this idea to the point they openly mock people who don't go along with it. It's fucking weird.
>>
>>387292039
Iunno, thieves are (and pretty much always have been) pretty mediocre for fractals. They're glassy as shit and you have to keep picking them up off the floor after they embarrass themselves. But I still only run condi reaper and condi druid in fractals, so maybe I'm a bit behind the times.
>>
>>387287559
There were posters in this board that defended that shit. It's fucking sad.
>>
>>387293092
/v/ really hyped GW2, I'll always remember that bullshit chart that tried outright lied about what Blizzard had developed and exaggerated the achievements of the GW2 devs that worked at Blizzard North. I know /v/ isn't one person but whenever you bring that up, oldfags always blush. It was our own TORtanic, if you're in to board culture and shit.
>>
so is the general thread on /vg/ just full of furfags?
>>
>>387292561
Thief is honestly kinda fucking annoying to play. I eat shit at complete random just doing the "easy" world bosses in PvE because unlike any other class with actual survivability if I'm in an AoE for even a second I'm suddenly on my ass flinging piss weak knives.

I want to play something the fuck else but the aforementioned bitching in EVERY class forum about how terrible their class is makes it fucking impossible to get a decent read on what class is worth leveling or not.

>>387294027
Last I checked their threads have a spam bot that copy pastes random posts on /v/ and /vg/ and fills their general with them. As far as I can tell it's someone butthurt about guild drama. End result: I don't want to join their discord without knowing what they're like, but I assume they're full of furry ERPers like it was the last time I read it pre-Heart of Thorns.
>>
>>387294027
/vg/ is a terrible place. GW2's general is being nuked by a bot at the moment, they deserve it though. Its as bad as the worst parts of tumblr. Even on /v/'s worst shitposting days we can't compare.
>>
>>387290594
Ascalon seems fine for the most part to me. Shit would grow more if charr didn't have to fight butthurt ascalon ghosts and flam legion who like burning entire landscapes for kicks
>>
File: discord.png (10KB, 979x105px) Image search: [Google]
discord.png
10KB, 979x105px
>>387294027
Yes and they kill their own general with autism. And /mmog/. Ignored the furfag from gw2g that claim that they didn't.
>>
>>387294289
found the furry
>>
>>387294358
>t. Asscalonian ghost
>>
File: 1499944333116.png (960KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499944333116.png
960KB, 1366x768px
What in the hell happened to this game.
I played it at release and generally had a fun time, I got fond memories of that first halloween event, it was fucking crazy.

Reading through this thread has put me off wanting to revisit it ever again, even more so now that even though I purchased the game back then I'm basically on the level of a fucking F2P player now.
>>
>>387294547
>be me, basically european colonial man, but in the stone age
>conquer nice kingdom from filthy furry natives
>build wall to keep them out, all is nice
>furries get a NUCLEAR BOMB from ACTUAL SATAN to kill me and my nice wall
>survive them assblasting their land and the subsequent invasion
>use magic spell so I can fight them forever
And the Char think they're cool
>>
>>387294619
>trusting in the viewpoints of /v
Nigga just play the game again, see if you like it or not and form your own opinion, not base it off of random anons on an image board
>>
>>387294861
I'm not reading opinions, I'm looking at actual evidence ITT.
>>387287121
>>
>>387294730
It kind of retarded when you think about it
>200 years later
>charrs have war machines like tanks and airship
>they cannot even invaded Ebonhawke, a medieval era city, despite having the technology and army to do it.

>>387294861
Wrong. People have experiences with the game and they outright tell you current shit that is happening with the game. I would recommend him any other mmo than this piece of shit. The last living story with Queen Jennah and the white manlet, which end with the human god of war being the evil one, is fucking shit.
>>
>>387295089
Oh yeah... THAT image.
>>
>>387294861
Disregard what this mongoloid says. His entire thought process is "if /v/ says it, think the polar opposite." He's more braindead than the hivemind.
>>387294619
Just read up on random quests in the wikias. That's how I decide if I want to return to an MMO or not, because that's the sort of shit I expect to be doing for the most part.
>>
>>387286325
>The player's character keeps saying stupid shit like "I can't wait to beat this guy up". "I can't wait to shove his face down his butt"...

To be fair I'd probably like a game where this is the only player dialogue present: him just constantly talking about how he's wanting to kick people's asses.
>>
File: 1462413627425.png (3MB, 1912x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1462413627425.png
3MB, 1912x1072px
>>387285416
>play as a norn & plantfaggot at launch
>develop a vitriolic hatred for the fucking writing
>quit at lvl 30/20
>pick it up again a couple months ago
>make a charr engineer
>oh shit nigga this is actually decent
>instead of being corny cliche faggots & retards they're campy edgelords
>none of the fucking sluttificiation the human races have
>just brass tacks, god-killing, teeth & pissing contests
>get to level 30, fucking hyped about this fucking character
>fucking hypetrain instantly derails as the story converges & the fucking human-writers take over
Why can't we ever have nice things?
>>
Is the replacement group for Destiny's Edge still named Destiny's Rejects?
God, that was so cringy to me
>>
>>387296014
that was never their name, that was a meme. Are you dumb?
>>
>>387289832
>no furfags on bald-bab couples
And they call themselves SJWs
>>
>>387291785
>The fact that there no hard counter for stealth says a lot about pvp in general. And the existence of downed state. And stability.

God, fucking this. There's only two or three skills in the entire game which actually removes Stealth, and one of those requires you to be targeting the thief. Even if you manage to use that debuff on them, they'll just teleport away until it wears off and you're back to square one. Stability is also a huge bitch, because some classes just have no stability at all (Necromancers) while other have shit tons of stability on top of invulnerability and block effects (Guardians).
>>
>>387290594
>be charr
>kick a bunch of faggot dredge out of some sweet meadow territory
>they were wasting it anyway
>a thousand years later
>fucking thieving human-sluts cheat us out of our territory
>500 years later
>dumbass humans got themselves vaporized
>territory is now haunted ghostland of death & doom
What do the charr do?
>FUCKIGN DIBS
>KILL ALL THE GHOSTS (AGAIN)(AND AGAIN) AND TAKE BACK OUR HOMELAAND

This is why the charr are the best fucking faction
>>
File: 1499886423414.png (9KB, 254x261px) Image search: [Google]
1499886423414.png
9KB, 254x261px
>>387294274
>at the moment
>>
>>387294358
t. boring human slutgenerate
>>
>>387296515
>Be massive furfag
>Unable to contain my instinctual need to fucking destroy everything
>Being the superstitious savage I am, I worship these literal world destroying entities
>Nuke my own homelands because I wuz dere first liek 2,000 years ago
>Invade even more human nations because I am unable to stop myself from chimping out
>Make one get so desperate that they use a super weapon which made an entire fucking continent sink
>I never actually pay for my crimes against humanity because Queen Jenna is a turbo bitch
>Because of Angel McHamburger's steampunk fetish, my capital is a convoluted mess of cogs and bullshit
>>
>>387293285
I don't know what the shills said but ArenaNet was founded by 3 ex-Blizzard head honcho / lead game programmers / battle.net programmers. That coupled with no subscription fee definitely got my eyes fucking lit up back in 2004-2005.
>>
>>387296857
Hilariously, I first heard about Guild Wars 1 when I was playing WarCraft III. This guy said that it was a great game and he couldn't stop playing it, so I went out and got the game myself. The years that followed were just pure magic.
>>
>>387296596
I'm too stupid to understand what you're implying, please explain.
>>
>>387296857
Two of them left, one to made State of Decay, and another help made TERA, then went to the guy that made State of Decay.
>>
>>387296998
Just making the implication that is has been going on forever, at this moment just made it sound like it's only a couple months old.
>>
this is the best game because it has the cutest fhds
>>
File: smug2.png (80KB, 228x201px) Image search: [Google]
smug2.png
80KB, 228x201px
>>387294730
>REEEE NUKES R NOT CULE!!11!!1!!!11!1
Lol hope you like the containment unit, bitch
>>
>>387297047
Oh, well I wouldn't know I only know from hearsay honestly.
>>387296857
Oh, they just 'exaggerated' it a little thats all. It was meant to be the second coming of jesus etc.
>>
>>387297030
That's perfectly fine because they left in 2009, which was way past the original trilogy. NCSoft probably pushed them into making a WoW theme park sequel and they started work on the transition expansion EOTN which gave us rats and tree people. Norns were okay though.
>>
>>387295938
I'm still fucking mad that my Asura talks like a fucking human. There's a majority of places in the overworld where you'll magically forget how golems work, or you get talked down to by fellow Asura. Even in the fucking expansion there's at best a nod or two towards what race you're playing and then it's right back to the standard human dialogue.

I didn't pick the smug magitech midget race just to spout generic ass hero lines. Fuck.

At least she looks fucking adorable.
>>
>>387296838
>"furfag"
>is actually the least-degenerate race with the highest-coverage clothing & least slut-centric culture

>literally REEE I'M A KEK HUMAN THAT'S ASSRAVAGED ABOUT GETTING EXTINCTED REEEEEE
>justifying wild cuck-flailing that ultimately failed to even slow the cat-monsters' stride

>convoluted mess of cogs
At least it's not a sprawling incoherent genericfest like yours :^)
>>
File: bookah~.png (153KB, 888x850px) Image search: [Google]
bookah~.png
153KB, 888x850px
>>387297502
Don't forget you're taking orders from a crippled child asura that fangirl the fuck out of Scarlet. Or how your entire religion is a lie and that the center of the Eternal Alchemy is the Pale Tree. Or hey, how your asura suck the pale tree and Trahearne's dick despite thinking everything that isn't the asura a lower being. They are a silly but cool race stuck in a shit game.

>>387297306
>GW 1 Norn
>badass motherfuckers that don't need armors and morph into their animal deity
>they are so bad ass that they only brought 4 to help the players in the Destruction's Depths mission
>GW 2 Norn
>pathetic humans with their morphing power being shit tier elites that no one uses anymore
>they also take orders from other races and need an army
Making Norn as a race is a mistake.
>>
>>387298072
>Don't forget you're taking orders from a crippled child asura that fangirl the fuck out of Scarlet. Or how your entire religion is a lie and that the center of the Eternal Alchemy is the Pale Tree. Or hey, how your asura suck the pale tree and Trahearne's dick despite thinking everything that isn't the asura a lower being. They are a silly but cool race stuck in a shit game.

I just started playing again since quitting before Living Story Season 1 had really got going and was delaying playing the story in HoT because I was busy doing the open world content. This is the first I'm hearing of any of that.

So now I'm 300% more pissed. Fucking plant people, should've used them for experimenting on creating a new kind of salad dressing. Fuck.
>>
>>387298072
>Human gods are just tiny parts in the Eternal Alchemy
>Salad Sue spawning tree literally at the fucking center of it

Why did no one stop McCodfish's salad rampage before it got to this point?
>>
>>387298707
Just cross your fingers & hope for the
>le it wuz a double-cross ALL ALONG
Then we get to wipe out the fucking sue's.
O-one day..
>>
>>387299179
The closest we got to that was that they were revealed to be dragon minions who became independent of Mordremoth. Now that little speed bump is gone, we'll never get a chance to properly purge them.
>>
File: activated almond.png (56KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
activated almond.png
56KB, 209x248px
>>387299335
>created by a dragon
>is the center of the alchemy
>>
>>387285416
They probably did the Fallout 4 thing and just asked all of their employees to throw quest ideas into a hat.
>>
>>387299752
I'm still piss off on that one quest where that guy get to romance a bot in her original bot body but I can't.
>>
But seriously, fuck the writing in this game.
>>
Speaking of GW2 why is there a spambot in the /vg/ general?
>>
>>387302913
Some autist got ignored and he decided to kill their general forever.
>>
>>387285416
Guild Wars: Utopia was dropped for this
Chronomancer was dropped for this
Summoner was dropped for this
>>
>>387294619
>even though I purchased the game back then I'm basically on the level of a fucking F2P player now.
you're not. If you bought it, you still have a proper account without F2P restrictions like market stuff and map chat.
>>
File: Asura Meido.png (219KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
Asura Meido.png
219KB, 500x596px
Asuras are CUTE!
>>
the personal story is literally the worst written thing in the game, with season 1 of the living story (which you can't play anyway) being a tie for terribleness. Season 2 was a little better, with HoT being somewhat okay. Season 3 was mostly alright with a few stupid moments, and what we saw in the expansion demo seemed pretty decent.
The story is pretty great outside of the main story though, with the current events and fractals being some of the best story anet has produced in gw2
>>
>>387305908
the biggest problem with that is really that you have to look for the stories yourself.
People get the "main story" handed on a platter, see it's shit, and tell other people how shit it is. But then there are some stories that are genuinely good, but you'll have to look for them in the world or specific dungeons.
>>
File: gw012.jpg (519KB, 1904x1001px) Image search: [Google]
gw012.jpg
519KB, 1904x1001px
>post yfw seeing the searing for the first time
>>
>>387304654
Really?
>>
>>387306209
That's the short version of it. Some drama craving furfag got kicked from the guild and tried to start shit in their general, but he got ignored. So he just developed a bot to make sure that they can't ever have any real discussion in their general again.
>>
I AM ANGRY
ANGRY ABOUT SALADS
>>
File: the searing of ascalon.gif (2MB, 202x175px) Image search: [Google]
the searing of ascalon.gif
2MB, 202x175px
>>387306202
>>
>>387306209
he was basically a turbo autist who was really fucking obsessed with one female charr character. When everyone told him he was a weird fucker and kicked him out of their guilds and started ignoring him he went fucking nuclear and botted the general to death. The mods can't stop him because each bot is a new IP and whenever he gets banned he just resets. The scariest thing is if he decided to do this to a different board (and he also killed /mmog/ after the remnants of /gw2g/ fled there) we'd still be powerless to stop him. We're just lucky his autism is contained to the one thread
>>
>>387306412
Why do they keep making the generals then? Might as well just let it die.
>>
>>387285731

>get really into my character's Asura story arc
>whoops nope now you're a company man
>oh okay, at least they have colonel campbel-- nevermind he died
>this is Trahearne, worship him, he is your new plot device now and you mean jack shit to the story

Great show
>>
File: GW2 waifu selection.jpg (2MB, 2500x5000px) Image search: [Google]
GW2 waifu selection.jpg
2MB, 2500x5000px
Discuss.
>>
File: charr were a mistake.jpg (179KB, 1280x1400px) Image search: [Google]
charr were a mistake.jpg
179KB, 1280x1400px
oh right I believe the character was the one in the bottom middle
>>387306474
because they're also fucking autistic.
I have my suspicions that he's making the generals now as a reminder not to fuck with him
>>
>>387306510
Asura, all day every day!
>>
>>387306510
Clearly biased for the norn faggots
>both negatives are actually quasi-positives
>only mention of the fucking BOOZE issue is as a positive perk
wew lad stop showing favorites
>>
>>387307556
I didn't make this
Te norn is a futa.
>>
>>387307609
>it's downplayed
biased as fuck, you saved garbage to your hard drive
>>
File: Prince_Rurik.jpg (104KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_Rurik.jpg
104KB, 768x768px
>>387285416
Prince Rurik died for this shit.
>>
>>387307701
I get it, just choose the fucking futa norn twins.
>>
>>387306510
cute fhds and asuras. all the other ones are for weridos that like men
>>
>>387306510
Asura all day bru
>>
File: prince rurik.jpg (360KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
prince rurik.jpg
360KB, 1440x900px
>>387285416
kek it really is ridiculous. you can go back and play GW1 all the way through right now and while the plot isnt exactly riveting it makes sense from start to finish and its mostly believable. the characters have genuine motivations and conflicts, like Rurik realizing that his father is a vengeful mad man who will lead his people to extinction and deciding to take the refugee path. then from there everything kinda falls into place in a well paced manner.

its unbelievable that gw1's story is so much more coherent than gw2's considering gw1's was basically an afterthought to move you through environments while gw2's was a major part of development that had a full team devoted to it.
>>
>>387308818
>while gw2's was a major part of development that had a full team devoted to it.

maybe thats the reason why gw2 fail? to big team that doesnt compare the story from each other to often, means you have charr story, which is really nice, but also have sylvari story which is retarded as fuck

if you have a smaller team like in gw1 maybe its easier to keep an overview over the story instead of having a bigger one with gw2 where half of them are swj who only got the job to fill a quota
>>
>>387309048
Reason GW2 failed are SJWs. Everything bad about this game is somewhat related to them.
>>
>>387299752
Man if this was the case we might've actually got some decent quests.

The problem is the characters have no motivation in their dialog other than to give a shallow excuse for the player to go and punch something, the excuse falls apart if the player asks 1 'why'.
>>
Having a recurring squad of characters was a mistake. No one gave a fuck about Destiny's edge and no one is going to give a fuck about Dragon's Watch. Just leave me alone and let me do things on my own or choose my own companion. But since the latter would add much more dialogue they'll never do it.
>>
>>387310278
Yeah pretty much.
I miss my warbandmates, I wonder what happened to them..
>>
>>387306510
sylvari dont have any reproductive organs
>>
>>387311160
and female norn don't have dicks, what's your point?
>>
>>387311160
we don't really know. They're modelled after humans, so they might have flower analogues to human parts, similar to the leaf hair.
>>
>>387311298
I know for a fact that Asuras give live birth, it's confirmed both ingame and by the devs, but I always like to imagine they lay eggs.
>>
>>387311160
I thought they do, just that they're nonfunctional.
>>
>>387306510
THE BOX THE BOX THE BOX

We need to know what the mystery waifu is
>>
>>387306510
ASURA
also what's a floozie?
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.