[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be ashamed if Dead space 2 is my favorite game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 43029[1].jpg (453KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
43029[1].jpg
453KB, 1600x1200px
Should I be ashamed if Dead space 2 is my favorite game?
>>
Atleast it's not 3
>>
You should be ashamed if it stays your favorite game 15 years from now after you presumably play more than 3 games in your entire life.

Since you've obviously not played many video games at all and have no experience with the media, you can like this game as your favorite of all time. For now.
>>
File: advancedsuit.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
advancedsuit.webm
3MB, 853x480px
No, it's the best shooter of the last gen
>memorable levels
>art direction
>atmosphere
>the whole Ishimura section
>story that keeps you interested
>fluid controls
>reworked stasis/kinesis combined with fluid controls
>NG+ mode
>Hardcore mode
>>
>>387275041
No
While Dead Space 1 has better level design and atmosphere, 2 improved the gameplay mechanics a ton
More unique weapons, more interested necromorphs, and shooting sharp limbs with kinesis is actually viable and encouraged now
Dead Space 2 was an amazing game, and one of my favourites too
I just wish I could play Dead Space 1 in DS2's engine
>>
>>387275041
I fucking loved Dead Space 2, but I just noticed how funny Isaac's unarmored ass looks in that suit. It's like he is wearing a pair of assless chaps.
>>
File: securitysuit.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
securitysuit.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>
>>387275419
One of my favorite parts about the Ishimura is that nothing at all actually happened. I remember going in the first time shitting bricks expecting something to happen and nothing.

I say GG, Visceral. RIP
>>
Is it better than 1 because that was generic fucking garbage.
>>
>>387275041
No but it's derivative of a few different games I'd expect you to enjoy more

I absolutely love DS2 (and DS1) but it's a very broad-appeal game so you should try something more niche with a focus on the thing you liked most from DS2
Follow that rabbit hole and see if you discover your next favorite game
>>
File: deadspace gameplay.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
deadspace gameplay.gif
2MB, 320x240px
I liked it, minus the ending sequence where you have to run away from the regenerator.
>>
>>387276338
Nothing happened except for the handful of brutes charging you along the thin corridor

>>387276493
Not OP, but outside of the obvious RE4, what other games would you suggest to someone who loves Dead Space 2?
The thing is that I enjoy the whole dismemberment thing, DS's unique weapons, and the kinesis thing, and as far as I know, those are signature to dead space
>>
>>387276663
I actually liked that whole chase scene
It was really tense, and a better final boss than the real final boss
>>
>>387275041
It's the best of the series, what would be wrong with liking it?
>>
>>387276757
Well the 'tool' weapons, Kenesis and even dismemberment (kind of) were first used in Half Life 2
Ravenholm specifically

It sucks that I can't think of any proper spiritual successor to Dead Space, probably because those games were expensive as shit to make
In fact, I can't think of any horror third-person shooter in the last 4 years

It's really sad now that I think how dead Dead Space actually is
>>
Isaac was fucking annoying in 2. I much prefer him as a mute.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.