[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyway I can play WoW solo and just explore the map

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: water1.jpg (187KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
water1.jpg
187KB, 1280x960px
Is there anyway I can play WoW solo and just explore the map and revisit old shit? It's been like 8+ years since I last played and I want to stir up some old memories
>>
You could run a server locally, TrinityCore 3.3.5 is the most advanced in terms of open source emulation
>>
>>387268830
Look up the single player project. I've wanted to run my own server but I don't have the specifics down yet.
>>
>>387270540
>>387270774
Not him but I tried that not all too long ago, couldn't get it to work and couldn't figure out why not. Either of you actually do it yourselves, or have any good resources for setting it up?
>>
>>387268830
>water
>WATER

are there any games like ESO where you can play its content single player because it scales to you so you have to actually consider your build depending on the mission?
>>
>>387271792

Been years and years but I used to make my own servers just to play and fuck around in way back during Burning Crusade.

If I, as a dumb kid, could figure it out and even get shit like Noggit to work I'm sure it's not too difficult.
>>
Water is better than WATER
>>
It's sparkling and still morons
>>
>>387271792
Well, compiling and setting up this software yourself is somewhat involved (especially if you're running Windows) so you can't really do it on a whim and expect to be finished in a couple of hours (you have to install all the software development tools, version control system and such like to get started) but while there are reasons not to (unmaintained, unsupported etc), I understand there's a number of so-called repacks that probably make it more straightforward. If you happened to have an access to a Linux box, that probably would be simpler as well seeing as that the necessary software is likely pre-installed or can be installed with one command listed in the instructions.

I haven't used any of the repacks myself so I'm not going to recommend any of them, you can google them them as easily as I can, but here's compilation instructions to Trinitycore just in case you might want to try your hand compiling it yourself (shouldn't be difficult per se if you follow the instructions, just a bit time-consuming): https://trinitycore.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/tc/pages/2130077/Installation+Guide
>>
>>387271975

literally Oblivion
>>
>>387272803
>expect to be finished in a couple of hours
I meant minutes
>>
>>387268830
If you really wanted to stir up memories you could just play on Elysium's server? It is as close to the original as you will ever get. I use it to stop myself re-subbing.
>>
>>387272803
I'm guessing that doesn't include the single player project stuff, though?
>>
>>387275692
No, but I'd wager the bots are rather clumsy and won't offer any better experience than, say, boosting up your stats a bit and doing content solo

Here's a link to the single player project tho: http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-emulator-servers/wow-emu-general-releases/560737-single-player-project-tc-r2.html
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.