[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a game is innovative, does that mean it's good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

If a game is innovative, does that mean it's good?
>>
Inherently.
>>
Depends on well it executes on its innovated mechanic or idea.
>>
>>387268789
usually i guess. but there's been plenty of times where there was some innovative mechanic/concept in a game that just fell flat due to poor execution
>>
These don't have to correlate.
A game that does not innovative can be just as good as a game that does. I think it's more of setting an expectation and meeting the expectation that drives the perception of "good"
>>
Not really. A game could have a new gameplay style that is executed poorly or said game inspires others that take what it came up with and improves on it in every way possible to the point that the original game doesn't hold up later on.
>>
File: GodHand.png (51KB, 220x176px) Image search: [Google]
GodHand.png
51KB, 220x176px
I don't know about you but I could never consider a game better than Ocarina of Time UNLESS it innovated. You have to really blow me away like it did in order to top it. The only way to do that vis a vis this medium is to change it. Conversely however, don't think innovation is a free ticket to glory either. A game could innovate until the cows come home and blow me away like Wind Waker, but if it's not fun 15 years later I won't hold it with much regard.

It takes a certain finesse to craft a really good work of consumer goods like Ocarina of Time. You really have to hone the best features of this medium, and innovation is only a part of that.
>>
>>387268789
No.
>>
>>387268789
fortunately ocarina of time is both.
>>
>>387268789
what's innovative about this game again?
>>
>>387271556
Nothing really, aside from being the first 3D game to do this kind of explorable world. I also think its targeting system was pretty influential as well. It's really just taking the formula of ALttP and applying it to a 3D game, for the most part.
>>
I mean, theres not really a whole lot breath of the wild does that hasnt been done before, but people love it.
>>
>>387271556
i wish i was as young as you, because maybe then playing a 3D game with melee combat wouldn't instantly remind me of ocarina of time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.