[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 511
Thread images: 109

File: DarkBrothAttacks.png (2MB, 1599x1120px) Image search: [Google]
DarkBrothAttacks.png
2MB, 1599x1120px
*blocks your path*
>>
I don't know which is worse, Dark Brotherhood attacks in Morrowind or random vampire raids in Skyrim.
>>
>>387265551
those guys were good money early on
>>
>be random prisoner with barely any background worth nothing just leaving the boat to Morrowind
>tired from the trip so take a rest outside in the swampy grass
>highly trained assassin wakes me up and wants me dead for some reason
>>
>>387265654
Vamp raids for me are awful, they always pop up whenever I fast travel to deposit my shit in Whiterun.
>>
>>387265551
these guys are like loot pinatas if you dont use a mod to disable/nerf them with a mod
>>
>>387265730
>>387265771
Yeah assuming your level 1 ass doesn't get one-shotted and can actually land hits on him.
>>
>>387265551
Man I know Morrowind is keen on letting the player break the game and shit but these guys were too much. Free fucking gold and a strong full light armor set that you can get very early on

>>387265771
At this point I don't even loot them and just handicap myself on purpose. Not like it's hard to get money in this game anyway
>>
>>387265879
I was playing Morrowind just a few minutes ago as a level 1 throwaway character and I easily killed a Dark Brotherhood assassin
>>
>>387265879
>actually land hits
You can easily get numerous scrolls at level 1 that will help you win the fight or escape with a single left click.
>>
>>387266142
That's because you got absurdly lucky. Nothing really else to it.
>>387266236
But what if you just started and didn't even bother heading towards a shop or anything yet?
>>
How the fuck is anyone able to use heavy armor at low level? You can barely move
>>
>>387266296
>That's because you got absurdly lucky. Nothing really else to it.
Not him, but you don't have to be lucky to kill an assassin at level 1. They're easy to kill if you're not a brainlet.
>>
>>387266296
>But what if you just started and didn't even bother heading towards a shop or anything yet?
Then suffe the consequences of ignoring all the queeues the game gives you to guy buy shit. You even get a pop up when you leave the census office to check out the trade house, and if you ask NPCs for advice they'll tell you pretty much everything you need to survive
>if a fight is tough, RUN
>buy scrolls and potions
>don't go anywhere without decent gear
>train your skills
>don't be a hero when you're new
>>
>>387265748
>depositing shit in Whiterun
>can't sell stolen goods
>only one general trader
>small home with no mannequins
Windhelm is better as a base of operations in every way, and I am saying that as someone who plays without quick travel except by carriage (and I use even that only sparingly)
>>
File: 1451865688122.gif (3MB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
1451865688122.gif
3MB, 300x215px
>try game yesterday
>fuck around in aztec looking dark elf city
>join warrior guild on bare chest guy's orders
>first mission is killing rats
>buy crab shell armor
>shove my weapon up the rat's ass like twenty times
>no damage no damage no damage damage
>die

Arx Fatalis is better
>>
>>387266410
Statistically speaking most of the time the assassin would easily wreck you.
>>387266515
I don't remember the Seyda Neen tradehouse having anything really worthwhile except for a few equipment and some magic you can buy.
>>
>>387266551
I really can't tell if people are trolling or really are this unaware? The die roll combat is one of the most well known parts of the game.
>>
>>387266551
Use weapons you are good with.
Always keep an eye on your stamina.
Those rats are actually pretty though IIRC.
>>
>>387266767
>action oriented combat
>relies on turn based combat mechanic

Arx Fatalis should have gotten the spot
>>
>>387265551
>you will never be a dark elf living in Morrowind.
>>
>>387267609
Good. Morrowind is probably really stinky, way too hot, and grimy.
>>
File: 1339603006436.jpg (3MB, 2500x1406px) Image search: [Google]
1339603006436.jpg
3MB, 2500x1406px
>>387267609
>tfw no mushroom house
>>387265654
Vampire raids.
>have to start from my last save because they killed an important vendor who decided to fight master vampires with their bare hands
>have to get a mod that makes them hide in their house when vampires attack
This really wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't like 5 dudes total in each city.
>>
>>387267609
I'd rather live in a province that isn't a desert or a swamp or an island that has a giant volcano right in the middle
>>
Is it worth it to reboot the game just to do bloodmoon? I don't feel like grinding shit to do the dlc.
>>
>>387266694
The Assassin is actually leveled. If you're low level, he is too.
>>
>>387267207
So what about Ultima 7 Legend of Grimrock, or Daggerfall?
>>
Why do nuMales like Morrowind so much?
>>
File: homohat.jpg (42KB, 508x450px) Image search: [Google]
homohat.jpg
42KB, 508x450px
>>387268328
>>
>>387267609
thank the divines for that

>chilling in your house in Balmora with your qt dark elf and your best friend
>suddenly lava starts flowing into the living room
>argonians burst into the room and rape your gf in front of your with their lizard cocks
>get stabbed by your best friend who was actually a Boethiah cultist, nobody does anything because she's supposed to be one of the """""good daedra""""
>everyone chokes to death by a yet another ash storm
>>
>>387269563
Why are Dunmer so cruel to each other?
>>
Is there any decent mods for difficulty? It's been a long time since I played, but I'm dicking around doing stuff in the mainland and it's been stupidly easy so far, I even cranked difficulty to 100 and most enemies can't even touch me. I forgot if Tribunal/Bloodmoon were particularity harder.
>>
>>387269698
If there's one thing I learned from playing Morrowind is that Dunmer are assholes
Orcs seem respectable and reasonable people in comparison

Speaking of violence, is playing the game as pure warrior boring? I'd imagine you become a murder machine at some point, but if all you do is swing a weapon and drink the occasional potion I'd imagine it must be boring
>>
File: 1340145748449.png (21KB, 526x551px) Image search: [Google]
1340145748449.png
21KB, 526x551px
>>387269563
Not really. You'd die to a meteor before any of that happened.
>>
>>387270281
Life is rough in Morrowind
>>
>>387265654
>When a chunk of the city is suddenly barren and vendors are dead because NPCs got wiped out by a vampire attack.
>Literally have no idea when it happened so you can reload a save to get them back.
Fuck that stupid shit. Who at Bethesda thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>387270043
Warrior is my favorite in terms of combat I think. Don't find it much more boring than firing a red ball at things at any rate. The efficiency of the warrior is pretty nice.
>>
>>387270043
>>387270836
>Playing anything but a sneaky archer.
You know you're playing the game wrong, right?
>>
>>387269995
They are a lot harder, at least in my experience.
Even with the cheat ring from the Duke you can get fucked fairly fast.
>>
>>387270979
Not if you want to have an enjoyable time. Bows are just boring in Morrowind.
>>
>>387270628
>We was supposed to get the saint in Oblivion

Why did he have to go Kvatch
>>
File: 1502835662674.png (67KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502835662674.png
67KB, 500x453px
>>387271097
Um, no sweetie.
>>
>>387266534
Oddly enough, as much as I've played Skyrim, I have never went and gotten a second base other than Whiterun.

I'm getting the itch to play it again and I still haven't finished my Oblivion playthrough.
>>
File: 1499997979037.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1499997979037.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>387267609
>wanting to be a nigger elf
>not wanting to be a beautiful wood elf
>not wanting to live in trees
>not wanting to cannibalize everything and everyone you kill
>>
>>387266296
>>387266694

You are wrong, on default difficulty using the ring of healing you start with and the correct equipment for your class you will beat the assassin every time.
>>
>>387270979
I usually love sneaky characters but sneaking in Morrowind feels weirder than Oblivion and Skyrim

Although this gave me the idea to make a sneaky warrior so thanks.
But in the case of a char like that, the qestion is Hlaalu or Redoran? I did a bit of Hlaalu until I met the imperial dude who wanted to see me naked, their quests are pretty fun imo. And all I know if Redoran is that their starting quests suck ass
>>
>>387265879
if you sleep in one of the balmora fighters guild double beds he can get stuck between them and can't do anything
>>
>>387265551
>play tes3mp
>these niggers spawn every time you rest regardless of level/time rested/any other factors
fukc'm
>>
>>387271765
>he doesn't play the way I play
>"uM, nO sWeEtIe"
>>
>>387266357
sign of the steed nigga
>>
>>387266551
make sure your stamina bar is full or near full otherwise your gonna miss most of the time.
>>
>>387265551

I'm just replaying with openmw and I've been modding it for 4 days in a row. I have a fantastic game to play atm, but I'm using a leveling system that fucks me over (Natural Character Growth and Decay - Morrowind Edition), and I am refraining from raiding vaults and checking wikis. I'm having a blast exploring and being a poorfag.
>>
>>387274613
>tfw the first time I discovered the vivec city vaults
I spent the next 8 hours finding, looting, running, and carefully placing that shit in the house I chose as my own
>>
>>387274613
I'm also using Necessities of Morrowind for the first time. The stamina penalties and having to eat, drink and sleep make everything a lot more difficult, but it's super fun and comfy cooking your own food and stuff like that.
>>
>>387274730
I only ever raided the radoran vaults, since there was that bitch that had the key with her.
>>
File: 1502188753523.jpg (11KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
1502188753523.jpg
11KB, 323x323px
Fuck you this is my thread now

I get that most players that are deep into the lore like the Empire, and see it as this anchor for the series, as though TES won't be TES without it, but come the fuck on, the Empire is on the way out and it isn't some tonal shift for Skyrim to spell it out.

What is the Empire in 4E 201? Cyrodiil, yet Cicero's journal depicts mass civil unrest in the imperial province even years after the war, that must be stabilised.
High Rock, but they have always contributed the bare minimum so that the Imperials would leave them the fuck alone. Even during the Great War they didn't do much.
And maybe Skyrim. Maybe. I doubt so because as I'll try to establish the general trend points to the Empire's disintegration, but they haven't totally left yet.

So thats 2.5 provinces with the Empire. The Dominion have 3 more united, smaller provinces together.

Hammerfell bolted since it was nearly as loyal to the Empire as Skyrim, but the Medes fucked them over in the White Gold Concordat (which is the writers' hint to you that the Empire is not looking out for the interests of provinces that aren't Cyrodiil).

Morrowind also got fucked over by the Empire, being given minimal support after the Red Year, and then getting fucked by plagues and Argonians, the Dunmer are now led by the Empire-sceptic Redoran, and the pro-E Hlaalu being destroyed in revenge. If that doesn't imply Imperial waning then the lack of living legionnaires on 4E Solstheim does.

Inner Black Marsh was never really under their control, but after the Oblivion Crisis the Hist's autistic treeing and flat out invasion of Morrowind sets them beyond Imperial control as well.
>>
File: 1502377973111.jpg (177KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1502377973111.jpg
177KB, 960x955px
But why all of this world building now? Isn't it a bit sudden for most provinces to leave the empire, and for the south-western ones to form a rival empire?
Well lets look quickly at what happens during and after each TES game regarding the Empire.

TES 1's premise is about the Emperor getting kidnapped and the chaos that comes with poor rule in his place. Much of this disruption is still felt in the background of Oblivion. The crisis even puts a Nord-Dunmer war on hold that had been building since TES 1.

Daggerfall was all about how little the Bretons and the Redguards actually gave a shit about the Empire. Every once in a while they'd meddle in local affairs, but they weren't loyal subjects like the Nords. Also in the end various factions murder and pillage their way to glory good and evil, and the Empire does fuck all because the winners paid their taxes.

Morrowind? The setting centres around the Dunmer either openly show disdain for the Empire for being the foreigners that they are, desecrating their holy lands, or playing nice to get ahead and talking shit when the faux-Romans are out of the room.
The only reason the Empire is even there is because the Tribunal were dumbasses and gave Tiber Septim an autistic doomsday robot and then capitulated, before losing divinity anyway and/or dying, completely selling out their people.

Oblivion fucked up the whole continent and ended the Septim dynasty, and it baffles me that people stay attached to the Empire after this death blow. Uriel Septim is dead. So are his children. The same Septim from TES 1 dies in this game, and with it the empire we've known from this series.
>>
>>387274997

That's why I always play an Argonian. Inflatrating-invader master-race!

That, and you're a fucking dragon/croc humanoid
>>
File: Morrowind fan art 4.jpg (2MB, 960x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind fan art 4.jpg
2MB, 960x1384px
>>387267609
>tfw no comfy Silt Strider to ride around with my buds
>>
File: 1498730839234.jpg (40KB, 730x730px) Image search: [Google]
1498730839234.jpg
40KB, 730x730px
There's never been a moral reason for the other provinces to be subservient to the Empire, and now there isn't even a spiritual one, Akatosh won't save them again because the Medes are Colovian upstarts, and have proven that they can't govern responsibly by signing the White Gold Concordat, gutting the Empire's military capability as well as moral for what appears to be absolutely nothing in return.
The Thalmor don't concede anything for getting the humans to abandon a Divine that exists for mens' benefit, and men lose something of existential importance

>Oh, but people still worship privately, Ulfric's an agitator and thats exactly what the Dominion want

The Dominion have gotten this far by playing 4D chess and clever ruses and backup plans, but banning Talos worship is dangerous and cannot stand.

It is more important than losing the Blades, in fact I'd put it above losing Hammerfell and Skyrim because this is a universe where its been established beyond doubt that reality can be shaped by the mass consciousness of people. The power of the Divines is tethered to this, and when Talos worship is forced underground it is weakened, diminishing his power.

The lore buffs are eager to throw around the Ulfric document at the Thalmor Embassy and assert that he's a sleeper agent but omit that the Thalmor really just want the war to be prolonged to drain resources and produce more dead men, therefore less physical manpower opposing the Dominion, but also spiritual energy for a God that hates them.

On this, I don't get this brand of autism that requires people having to spell out the above to hardcore fans of the series every single time there's been an Imperial v. Stormcloak thread any time in the last 5 years. Do they hope that if they push this meme long enough that the TES6 writers will make it true? I hope so, better that than the possibility that they would argue for years on the internet and never actually read what they are talking about.
>>
I haven't played Morrowind since shortly after it launched. Any mods should I install to make it playable? Graphics mods recommendations are welcome too.
>>
>>387265654
Vamps are only a threat to random Townsfolk I don't give a shit about. Dark Brotherhood fucking comes at me while I'm still a shit level (without a mod) so DB for me.
>>
>>387275527
MGE XE and Morrowind Code Patch.
Don't fall for the *miss* meme it goes away really quick if you know what you are doing.
>>
File: 1502347673234.png (263KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1502347673234.png
263KB, 500x384px
What do you think the Thalmor want? In any case Skyrim and the Empire are weakened, but a Skyrim devoid of Thalmor agents patrolling the lands for worshippers, a Skyrim with no Thalmor in government positions, no footholds to speak of, is a much more problematic foe than one tethered to the Empire, one that would be forced when the time comes to defend Cyrodiil even if the vast open plains between Valenwood and the Imperial City are indefensible.

But say the Empire takes the fight to them first, at what cost? For Cyrodiil to be secure it would have to establish permanent footholds in Dominion territory.

Elsweyr is of little strategic importance to the Dominion, it being a client state, so that could be a possibility, but Valenwood is a dense forestland, not the Legion's comfort zone, and the only force ever to conquer Alinor is the aforementioned autistic doomsday robot, which the Medes don't have.

The logistics are not on Emperor Medes's side.
Also at the end of the Dark Brotherhood quest line, one of the 6 or 7 quest lines in the game you are expected to create entire play-throughs around and be accepted for doing so, you assassinate the old fuck, so its canon that the Emperor is gonna die in the province that may secede.
One of the quest markers says [*Kill the Emperor*] , how much more blatant can you be?
This is the part where loyalists say there's an alternate quest to destroy the DB, but Bethesda lack the balls or the work-ethic to display a longstanding faction on the brink, only for the canon option to be the one that involves 3 quest lines instead of 30.

TL;DR: The Empire is a sinking ship, and its weird that so many fans either don't appreciate or don't want to accept this decades-long developing theme of the series.
>>
>>387274997
>>387275114
>>387275490
>>387275891
The Empire is already dead, they just don't know it yet. It's pretty common knowledge.
Provinces would be much better as their own sovereign state anyway.
>>
>>387275778
Thanks. I assume those are compatible with the GOTY edition of Steam?
>>
>>387274997
>>387275114
>>387275490
>>387275891
That's a pretty good analysis.
>>
>>387276067
Yes. Don't forget to grab the official Bethesda plug-ins too. You can easily find them on UESP
>>
>>387275891
The stormcloaks are just a bunch of puppets. I don't work for no puppets.
>>
>>387276303
Thank you, anon. I really appreciate it.
>>
File: Morrowind comfy.jpg (53KB, 437x750px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind comfy.jpg
53KB, 437x750px
>tfw Silt Striders aren't real
Why even live bros?
>>
>>387274997
>>387275114
>>387275490
>>387275891
>"The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."
t. tiber septim
>>
>>387276393
The Stormcloaks fight for a good cause but their leadership is fucking retarded
>>
>>387276607
They're retarded for being led by a retard.
>>
REDORAN BEST HOUSE
FUCK OFF HLAALUFAGS
>>
>>387276471
>that wailing
in Dragonborn, have to stop and close my eyes and absorb the comfy when I hear it
>>
File: Morrowind fan art 15.jpg (209KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind fan art 15.jpg
209KB, 1024x1448px
>>387276813
You're a sad N'wah in denial.
>>
>>387276813
>not being a telvaneet
>>
>>387276919
Hlaalu is the one bringing in all the n'wahs.
>>
File: Morrowind Wizard.jpg (2MB, 2025x709px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind Wizard.jpg
2MB, 2025x709px
>>387276953
The best house
>>
>>387265748
>traveling all the way the Whiterun to take a shit.
>>
>>387265654
>mid-member of mages guild
>at balmora chapter
>dark brotherhood attack
>getting my ass handed too me
>"how wonderful! welcome outlander!"
>>
>>387277302
>not leaving massive shits all over the cloud district
>>
>>387275891
>TL;DR: The Empire is a sinking ship, and its weird that so many fans either don't appreciate or don't want to accept this decades-long developing theme of the series.

This, allot of people are blind to it for whatever reason, and I really like the empire, but they've been in decline since Arena, even before it but Uriel VII was fixing shit until Jagar fucked it for him, then he came back tried to do it still but the damage had been done. The empire died with Martin, the Mede Dynasty is just a Pale imitation of it.

That said I'm of a mind a new Empire will eventually rise, it's happened before it's not like the Septim's were the first, that said whatever new Empire comes up after the Medes, won't encompass all of Tamriel. And probably won't come up until after the Dominion gets dealt with somehow.
>>
>>387276813
One of the reasons I hold out hope for Beyond Skyrim being a success is that the region of Morrowind they have put the most work into so far is Redoran-controlled Velothis (that bit of land between Skyrim and Vvardenfell). If they fail we might never see that place in the detail it deserves
>>
>>387265551
Dark Brotherhood attacks are fucking great cuz they are weak as hell and their armor sells for a shit ton of money
>>
>>387277573
Bruma already looks good, but TFW my PC is too shit to run Special Edition, and I'm a PS4 fag.

I need to upgrade already. But it's nice to see a mod for extra provinces that isn't just them basically porting the old game to the new engine.
>>
>>387265551

When he blocked my path he got glitched into the bunk beds and I just left him there.

>fag
>>
File: 1372944865775.jpg (19KB, 512x447px) Image search: [Google]
1372944865775.jpg
19KB, 512x447px
>>387266694
>almsivi intervention scrolls to escape
>35-60 frost damage on touch scrolls to nuke him
>scrolls for healing health and fatigue to keep yourself alive
>summon skeleton minion scroll to make it easier
>sujamma for massive damage bonus
Not to mention Arillle himself mentions he has potions and scrolls when you first talk to him, they're even dialogue choices. There are zero excuses for being unprepared for that fight, buying just one of the above makes it an easy win. Let's dispel this myth that a level 1 character is helpless and bound to rng for success. USE THE FUCKING TOOLS THE GAME GIVES YOU
>>
>>387277573
Skyrim is a shite.
I'll wait another 100 years for OpenMW and TR
>>
>>387277680
I locked one in the upstairs room at the Thieves Guild in Balmora. And then later an Ash Slave that popped out of my dreams.
>>
>>387277548
>since Arena
A bit before that, Uriel VII's reign was always a shitfest
>>
>>387277548
Wouldn't surprise me, but it would make more narrative sense, after everything, if TES6 or 7 was set when the Empire had properly died and the foundations for a new one is starting to form.

Again, many that follow the lore most enthusiastically don't want to accept the Empire falling because their previous playthroughs and such were all about defending it. As though the Alessian and Reman empires never rose and fell. If the 3rd Empire was meant to be eternal then it was a mistake to establish that there were 2 previous identical ones that collapsed.
>>
>>387275891
The empire can function fine without an emperor, after oblivion when there was no emperor the elder council ruled the empire, everything only started to fall apart when the thalmor assassinated high chancellor ocato. Titus Mede would definitely have had heirs, who he would probably be preparing strongly to rule since when the first Great War happened Titus Mede had only been emperor for a few years, I doubt he would want to see that situation repeated. The first Great War started then the empire was completely unprepared, now they have been preparing for over 30 years, you can call them dead but they are still in a better position then they were in the last war.
>>
>>387277680
Same, if you sleep in this type of room while standing in that spot then usually the guy spawns inside the bed and can't do anything, but you can kill him just fine.
>>
>>387278013
>preparing for over 30 years
More like trying to rebuild, most of the provinces have succeeded and they are probably still suffering some effects from the Umbriel Crisis. They also had to send some of their Legions to Hammerfell. Then we have to take into account on how many Legions and military resources were spent on the Skyrim civil war and Dragon Crisis.
>>
>>387277976
Yeah I don't see it happening for a few games, but I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see one starting to form. And yeah those people mostly just want it around because they've fought with and for it so many times they don't want to see it go. Personally as I see it, the third empire died with Martin, Mede's could of been interesting but they've done little with them aside from things in the novels, but they're really just a Pale imitation (not to say that every empire hasn't borrowed a bit from the one before it) of the third.

Not that I blame Mede for making the power grab, wasn't the Council making a shit show of it as well?
>>
>>387278351
seceded*
Also, Cicero's journal is rather recent and it still describes Cyrodiil as being infested with bandits, corsairs and such
>>
>>387277976
>2 previous identical ones
I get your point but the Alessian and Reman Empire were very different from the Third Empire (both Septim and Mede Dynasty)
>>
>>387278351
Literally like one, it's all garrisoned forces, they don't want to pull away forces from southern cyrodiil because they think that's when the dominion will invade.
>>
>>387277842
one of the only games that let people use a lock and unlock spell I loved it.
>>
>>387278364
>wasn't the Council making a shit show of it as well
All of Cyrodiil was a huge fucking mess. The Council, Counts and whatever warlords you could find were all fighting for power. The fighting went on for 7 years until Titus captured the Imperial City with less than a thousand men.
>>
>>387278725
Well it's not like the Dominion has anywhere else to go. Invading by sea is just retarded, even if they do have more advanced ships.
>>
>>387278780
Yeah, so it isn't entirely bad that he did it, at least it slightly stabilized shit. Wish there was something that went into some depth about shit around then it would be interesting to see what Cyrodiil was like in the decades following the death of the septim dynasty.
>>
>>387278013
there's not much worse than letting 2/3 of your empire leave without putting up a fight to stop them.

The fact they bother in Skyrim shows that some in the chain of command had a fire lit under their ass, but my point still stands that assassinating the emperor at the peak of a main quest wasn't done because it was supposed to be cool, in TES 6 there's going to be a different emperor, some way it'll happen and it signals the empire's decline.

On preparation, keep in mind the Thalmor have free reign to walk all over the Empire and establish embassies, enforcers, and politicians wherever they say is needed. If you don't think that won't be used to frustrate or sabotage war prep you underestimate the Thalmor. Forget even the agitators for a minute, or those ones like Elenwen that Jarls are expected to give explanations to, imagine how many saboteurs the Thalmor have got wormed into imperial institutions by now. Consider the spy network. Any invasion would be detected by the Dominion from the planning stage.

You can at least trust the Stormcloaks to engage in the odd purge or two, even if it means killing innocents they'd be able cleanse their operation of traitors, unlike the legion and imperial bureaucracy who definitely without a doubt already is ready to get hamstrung at a moment's notice by sleeper agents who will have had at least 30 years of state authority and covert support to get into position and await further instructions

>>387278529
I mean as far as being continental Imperial-dominated empires. If the games didn't come out once every half decade I'd be open to a prequel set with either of them
>>
>>387267609
I'd love to be a Breton. More precisely, a Reachman who's goal is to free my people and eliminate the Thalmor presence.
>>
File: 1446163339219.jpg (33KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
1446163339219.jpg
33KB, 500x303px
>break into a prison to catch a nap in one of the bedrolls
>YOU N'WAH
>swooce around the assassin and out the jail cell
>close the door and cast doorjam
>>
>>387279283
I think Rising Threat is the book that covers it the most.
>>
>>387279343
I miss lock spells. And levitation. And intervention. And acrobatics.
>>
File: 1502412675326.jpg (851KB, 1179x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1502412675326.jpg
851KB, 1179x1920px
>>387279319
>alessian empire prequel where you purge heretics in the name of the minotaur emperor and akatosh
>reman empire prequel which is literally evangelion-tier weird shit with spaceships
YES
>>
>>387275891
I feel that the back-stabbing nature of the Thalmor will lead to their destruction. Perhaps one of their own finds/captures a numidium clone and attempts to usurp power, or the Psijic Order does something, or even that theThalmor are exposed for all their lies and their allies turn against them.

All said, though, the Argonians will live on forever.
>>
>>387279346
I'll give it a look thanks.

>>387279673
I'd settle for a spin off where you play as Pelinal and it's basically Shadow of Mordor, but with killing Aleyids, calling out Sorcerer kings, slaying them and shit. Take over cities come back and find Alessian soldiers there and shit. Pipe dream sadly.
>>
>>387279673
Kirkbride claims that Pelinal Whitestrake is a KINMUNE-esque robot sent back in time to kill elves. Would be funny seeing that play out in-game, seeing as in-universe myth claims he was a big tireless freak that couldn't stop killing, and 'died' after being dismembered.
KotN and the lore suggesting blood fly in the face of this, but ambiguity and clash of theories is part of what makes the lore worth reading
>>
>>387280121
>Pelinal called out Haromir of Copper and Tea into a duel at the Tor, and ate his neck-veins while screaming praise to Reman, a name that no one knew yet.

Can you imagine seeing this shit in person? How fucking weird, if not terrifying it'd be even if you were on his side?
>>
>>387279928
Well there's at least 7 or so Numidiums out there in some timelines. And the Thalmor are masters of propaganda and manipulation, exposing them would be really damn hard.
>>387280030
A story driven adventure TES game would be great, too bad they dropped the ball with Redguard. There's a lot of potential storylines for the game, from Pelinal and Alessia fighting against Ayleids to Nerevar and the First Council War.
>>387280121
The books from KotN still drop hints that Pelinal is not human or organic in nature, and I'm pretty sure there is more than one reference to time travel.
Honestly, Pelinal being a time-travelling cyborg sent by the gods is way too fucking awesome to pass up. And cyborgs are canon anyways.
>>
>>387279319
It's not 2/3 of the empire, the vast majority of its legions are Colovians from cyrodiil.
>>
File: 1491089931685.jpg (36KB, 210x202px) Image search: [Google]
1491089931685.jpg
36KB, 210x202px
Pretty good thread guys, I've got to go now but I hope it doesn't die too soon after I leave.

And if its not screen capped I'll probably hold onto my rant for the next TES thread that needs it because fuck articulating all of that in as concise a form again.
>>
>>387280469
/v/ needs more cool lore threads
>>
>>387266534
>He doesn't live in the kitchen of whiterun where there's a wide arrange of cabinets to store different kinds of shit in.
>All because muh mannequins
>>
>>387280357
Yeah the song of Pelinal alludes to the time traveling and Cyborg like nature of him. And yeah a Story Driven adventure would be neat, I doubt it'd happen sadly even though were are so many cool stories from the lore they could tell, even with all these developers under the same Umbrella that could do the major development.
>>
>>387280357
I thought it was implied that he was the amulet of kings.
>>
File: Anon ES rant.png (472KB, 1900x1694px) Image search: [Google]
Anon ES rant.png
472KB, 1900x1694px
>>387280469
There you go.
>>
>>387280749
I think the Chim-el Adabal was made by the Ayleids and then later given to Alessia by Pelinal, as an avatar of Shezzar. Or Shor. Been a while since I read those books.
>>
>>387279594
I miss mark and recall, it was the best for teleporting back home from anywhere. In skyrim I wanted to make my base in one of those underground caverns but it was too much of a hassle to get to without that spell. Same in Oblivion, it had some comfy bandit dungeons I wouldn't have minded living in.
>>
>>387281165
A lot more containers were safe to use as storage in morrowind too
>>
>>387277482
>not eating four cheese wheels then riding a dragon as shit streams out of you over all of skyrim.
>>
>>387280904
>[And then] Kyne granted Perrif another symbol, a diamond soaked red with the blood of elves, [whose] facets could [un-sector and form] into a man whose every angle could cut her jailers and a name: PELIN-EL
There are other lines as well which state that Pelinal didn't have heart but a red diamond in the centre, I feel like the chim el adabal gave Alessia Pelinal rather than the the other way round.
>>
Hey guys,starting my first playthrough and after doing some research i think i found a pretty good build for starting out but i wanted to get some second opinions

http://morrowind.inventivegamer.com/tools/chargen/?character=2,2,8,2,6,8,11,16,17,14,15,12,13,10,5,22

Also what house do i join?
>>
>>387268081

>This really wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't like 5 dudes total in each city.

It's hard to knock a game that I enjoyed enough to sink hundreds of hours into, but this has always been an immersion breaker for me. Like when you see a birds eye view of any of the main cities and notice it's only 10 buildings.
>>
>>387280883
thanks
>>
>>387281516
Yeah, I remember that Pelinal had that red diamond instead of a heart, but I wasn't so sure if there really was a connection between the two. But it really can't just be a coincidence.
>>
>>387271765
Morrowind isn't Skyrim, retard.
The stealth archer meme only applies to Skyrim. Stealh in Morrowind is awful.
>>
>>387271765
>responds to post about morrowind archery being the shit that it is
>"uh ahem ackshually no sweaty" with skyrim image
>>
>>387271765
>Made a stealth archer in SKyrim once
>It was boring

Mage, Warrior or some hybrid There of is infinitely more fun. Only time I liked Archery was with crossbows for preemptive strikes. Only plebs end up being stealth archer every time. Also like the other anons said he was talking about Morrowind you mong.
>>
>You awaken to a loud noise.
>>
>>387272314

I thought Riften was so comfy that I modded Honeyside to fit my tastes, but that was the only thing I bothered to do with the CK.

>>387275891

Of course the Empire's on the brink of ruin, in-fighting and outside influences have been cutting off every last useful limb that it had. As for the Thalmor, that's easy. The Altmer believe they are descendents of the et'Ada, that they ultimately lost their spark of divinity throughout the generations thanks to Lorkhan. Talos assumed that aspect, and so their hatred and denial of him is a deliberate action to try and be rid of his influence once and for all.

>Some Aedra were disappointed and bitter in their loss, and angry with Shezarr, and with all creation, for they felt Shezarr had lied and tricked them. These Aedra, the Gods of the Aldmer, led by Auri-El, were disgusted by their enfeebled selves, and by what they had created. 'Everything is spoiled, for now, and for all time, and the most we can do is teach the Elven Races to suffer nobly, with dignity, and chastise ourselves for our folly, and avenge ourselves upon Shezarr and his allies.' Thus are the Gods of the Elves dark and brooding, and thus are the Elves ever dissatisfied with mortality, and always proud and stoic despite the harshness of this cruel and indifferent world. - "Shezarr's Song" from The Monomyth.

It's about more than petty mortality to the Altmer, more than just superceding the Empire as the ruling regime. They might have some form of concern for the Bosmer since they're the one's who've strayed least from their own path, but no other race is worth their effort.
>>
>>387267609
Good I like living in provinces that don't blow up.
>>
File: 151990573994.jpg (324KB, 843x900px) Image search: [Google]
151990573994.jpg
324KB, 843x900px
He would've been a terrible Emperor, right?
>>
File: 1462916808012.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1462916808012.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>387283486
DON'T REMIND ME OF THE GRIEF
>>
>>387283486
Martin? Eh, probably. He had like zero experience with politics and ruling and would have probably needed Ocato's guidance all the time.
Actually, Ocato would have probably ruled all along, and Martin would just be a public figure.
>>
>>387283179
>the Altmer believe they are descendants of the et'Ada
That's a fact, though. Hating on Lorkhan is retarded, however, since he dindu nuffing and Mundus is the tightest shit ever
>>
>>387283636
Until the Thalmor assassinate him like they did with Ocato.
>>
>>387283760
Yeah, that. And the outcome would have probably been even worse.
>>
File: 1393890304569.png (421KB, 1002x709px) Image search: [Google]
1393890304569.png
421KB, 1002x709px
>>387283486

It's hard to say. Would he ever have been the same kind of Emperor as Uriel VII? No. I can't imagine Martin would undertake vast campaigns to reconquer the other provinces of Tamriel, so that kind of colonialist golden era wouldn't really come into play. But he could've been a diplomat, could've had training from Ocato and perhaps prevented his death and that alone would likely have led to a better fate for Cyrodiil, at least. He had a spine and a sense of humility, that's more than you can say of many rulers.

>>387283754

Well yeah, they're not wrong on the et'Ada front, they're just paying attention to assholes who wanted to complain about everything rather than enjoying life.
>>
>>387270645
>Fuck that stupid shit. Who at Bethesda thought that was a good idea?
How about the millions of fan bitching about shit like this not being present in the previous games?

Fuck sake.
>>
>>387284162
Well Bethesda should quit taking advice from retards.
>>
>get some training done in the Balmora mages guild
>get enough boosts to level up twice
>sneak and use their beds because fuck their cause
>sleep once, try to sleep again
>You cannot rest when enemies are nearby
>wut
>look up the ramp to the exit
>Assassin casually walks around the corner like a sitcom character making an entrance
>fucking bolt to the teleport lady and hightail it out of there
I think he's still down there too, I haven't loaded that character up in a while
>>
I recall the assassin(s) being pretty fucking easy. Well, harder later on, because then their enchantments become more than a tickle, and their evasion becomes a nuisance. But still.
Thank fuck they didn't give them Jinkblades, fuck those weapons.
>>
>bumble around being mage's guild gopher
>returning to ald ruhn guild after getting dwemer shit
>magicka is low, better find a bed
>try to sleep in lizardfag's bed
>everybody and their ancestral ghost cries out in anger
>booted out of mage's guild for breaking the law
>have to dick around for four days in Vivec's guild before my sins are forgiven
>>
So why shouldn't I, Nerevarine, make amends with Dagoth-Ur and become best bros again?
>>
>>387285004
Because Ur is, unfortunately, completely fucking insane by now.
>>
>>387284945
kek I did this too, but said fuck that and reloaded a quicksave.
I hammer f5 because crashes seem to have out of nowhere whenever it feels like.
>>
>>387285004
Because Dagoth-Ur won't be best bros with you.
>>
>>387285004
>>387285104
Dagoth Ur is the god. Dagoth-Ur is the mountain.
>>
File: Dagoth Ur.png (214KB, 1899x575px) Image search: [Google]
Dagoth Ur.png
214KB, 1899x575px
>>387285004

He's kind of an abberation, but if you can get over that sure, why not.
>>
>>387285216
He sounds like a larger than life figure
>>
>>387285273
Well he kinda is
>>
>>387285216
He still doesn't want to be bros with you.
>>
>>387265654
vampire raids. Dark Brotherhood armor sells for a lot not that money really is a problem in morrowind
>>
>>387285332
Perhaps for the likes of you
>>
>>387266551

arx fatalis one of my favorite gaems
>>
So you faggots made me reinstall this game, I'm just picking and choosing mods to install from the TESGENERAL site, is this a good idea?
>>
>>387285487
Well he really is with his pseudo-Godhead bullshittery
>>
>>387285709
It would be extremely amaranth.
>>
>>387285645
How about not being a faggot and play it without mods?
>>
>>387274196
>sign of the steed
>not picking sign of the lady right at the beginning for maximum health at max level with the extra bonus to personality being amazing for just about every character barring the already charismatic imperials
>>
>>387285645

Good man. The TES general guide is pretty comprehensive, so you shouldn't run into any real issues with it.
>>
>>387285835
For you, sera
>>
Is Vivec an unreliable narrator on the accounts that really went down at Red Mountain?
>>
>>387285951
Technically no because he CHIMed his own version of events into the truth.
>>
>>387285867
I played vanilla to death years ago, I just really want to spice it up with new dungeons along with some updated graphics and immersion mods.

>>387285895
Sweet, cheers anon.
>>
>>387285895
Dagoth Benis
>>
>>387285951
Fucking everything in TES is an unreliable narrator
>>
>>387286063
They do have some pretty big bells.
>>
File: 1497302183116 (1).png (267KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497302183116 (1).png
267KB, 637x360px
>have massively modded morrowind
>play through everything in vanilla and tribunal
>start bloodmoon
>it crashes non stop at the first castle
>nothing i do fixes it
>have to uninstall game
did i miss anything good lads?
>>
>>387286697
Do it again anon
>>
>>387286739
nah, it's time to move on to a massively modded oblivion
>>
>>387286827
I had a weird feeling today of wanting to replay Oblivion even though I hate it.
Guess I'll do it
>>
>>387286827
>Oblivion
No, really, go back and try it again.
>>
>>387265654
first like 5 characters on skyrim I stole shit from the lady's house west of riverwood and didnt understand why vampires were pissed
>>
>>387286907
I had an itch to replay Oblivion but decided to settle with trying out Morrowind. Now I don't know if I can do Oblivion.
>>
>>387276607
>The Stormcloaks fight for a good cause
Thalmor are not the good guys no matter what you yellow beanpoles believe.
>>
>>387285273
>mountains
>larger than life

dumb ass how can mountains be larger than life when they exist in real life fucking retard dude
>>
File: feels-sad-man.jpg (94KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
feels-sad-man.jpg
94KB, 399x388px
I really liked the game but I wasn't good at it and never got very far. It seems so dated now and I'm not a better game player to enjoy it more.
>>
>>387287337
Are mountains alive?
Injuns need not apply.
>>
>>387265879
>lvl 1
He doesn't appear until lvl 5, minimum
>>
File: 1492839324207.jpg (27KB, 722x481px) Image search: [Google]
1492839324207.jpg
27KB, 722x481px
>Finally getting throwing knives, ninja stars or enchanted arrows in Morrowind
>Running around while invisible, getting crit attacks, then absorbing their health or just punching them to death
>Pulling out a spear and electrocuting anyone in your path

Why is it so fucking satisfying?
>>
>>387287337
LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED SWORD
>>
>>387287447
Try it again. Get good.
>>
File: 1496438292594.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496438292594.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>387287447
If it doesn't pick up by the time you go explore your first daedric ruins, or get your hands on some daedric weapons, I don't know what to tell you.
But I will agree with you that the game is dated as fuck, and it's very hard to get into. I played for about 15 hours until I started really enjoying it.
Try leveling up some skills and getting some not shit weapons before you explore, always stock up on potions before you head out also
>>
>tfw spent 2001-2004 playing Morrowind but I'm scared to go back to it for fear of tarnishing my memories
>>
>>387287507
TELL ME ABOUT UR
WHY DOES HE DREAM THE DREAM
>>
File: 1437198836883.png (520KB, 495x461px) Image search: [Google]
1437198836883.png
520KB, 495x461px
>>387265551
I know this is autistic, but always being fully equipped while being woke from sleep from a sneak attack always bothered me. Wouldn't sleep entail the player character getting disrobed and disarmed for sleep or are we expected to believe that he/she/xe/it/whatever is so motivated that it can't wait to start slapping shit the second it opens its eyes?
>>
Assassins attacked my sons, and I am next.
>>
>>387284162
There is a way to implement consequences without it being fucking retarded. But this is Bethesda, so I guess any attempt should be congratulated.
Non-guard npcs being Smart enough to run away from powerful vampires would have made it slightly better.
>>
>>387265551
YOU
WILL
DIE
>>
>>387266534
>he actually wants the mannequins that start walking up to you when you're not looking
>>
>>387265551
>I was able to kill the guy as a level 3
>I now have overpowered armor.
>Another one attacks me
>I now have a ton of gold
Thanks Bethesda.
I was told this was from an expansion that is supposed to be completed after the main game. Is he level scaled then? How was I able to defeat him with only moderate difficulty?
>>
>>387265654
Either beat dawnguard early or get a mod to make everyone run away.
Also dont fast travel to locations passed nine.
>>
>>387287481
Wrong.
>>
>>387288932
He is level scaled.
The expansion itself is very obviously meant to be played later.
Bethesda probably released it as-is thinking it would mostly be people with complete saves playing it, not newfags a decade later.
>>
Remember when, in an Elder Scrolls game, you start as a prisoner to show that you are just a commoner in this world?
Cue Oblivion and the Emperor naming you the one from his dreams who must close save the world from Oblivion in the first 3 minutes.
Cue Skyrim and Alduin, a fucking dragon, shitting on a village, and then you learn you're dragonborn five minutes later.
Why even start as a prisoner at that point.
>>
>>387289925
I just hated the way Skyrim handled the Dragonborn business.

>"wow, you must be Dragonborn!"
>and then john was Dragonborn
>>
>>387265551
>Fucks up the difficulty by making you fight enemies far beyond your current level range
>Fucks up the difficulty again by dropping items far beyond your current level range
Funny how these things work out.
>>
>>387271765
Kek I love seeing the sweetie meme used improperly, don't let this post dissuade you from anything, I want to see more from you anon,
you're a star! Now just suck on this sweetie to prove it...
>>
Even in the books Mede seems fucked, he can't hold his own as emperor. Hell, if Todd considers the card game as canon then it's worse, since he gets cucked out of his own grand battle by a literal who with a golden sword. Maybe it is for the best that the dude dies.
>>
Does the card game offer anything important lorewise or can I skip it?
>>
*damages your strength*
>>
>>387290084
>ulfric can shout
>the ebony warrior can shout
>any dagur can shout
>but no, you know the voices of the du umb
>>
>>387265879
Have better stats dipshit.
>>
>>387291000
I hope the card game isn't canon, the one shred I had for Titus Mede II, was the fact that he went in with Goldbrand himself. I don't know something about an Emperor going in with a Deadric artifact seems neat, even if it was a just a rumor and unconfirmed before the Cardgame handed it to some random dude.
>>
>>387274997
Next TES game will have the 4th empire, founded by the Dragonborn.
>>
File: 1502148089876.jpg (138KB, 1400x569px) Image search: [Google]
1502148089876.jpg
138KB, 1400x569px
>>387267609
Feels bad man.
>>
File: 1436234144178.png (16KB, 309x266px) Image search: [Google]
1436234144178.png
16KB, 309x266px
>>387279319
>next game either shows the Third Empire finally die for real or shows the aftermath of the Third Empire dying for real
>elves think they're hot shit for destroying the Empire
>then the next Shezzarine shows up
>mfw
>>
>>387285951
Yes. He murdered Nerevar for selfish reasons, then framed Dagoth Ur for it. His CHIM nonsense is just shit he tells himself to feel less bad about what happened.

The only real question is how exactly the murder went down. Did Vivec and his co-conspirators murder Nerevar and then Dagoth Ur, or did they convince Nerevar to fight Dagoth Ur and then finished him off after the fight.
>>
>>387291483
If it does become canon, I expect retcons up the ass really. As for Mede, well, we probably won't know.
>>
>>387291237
My first enchanted item was a shirt of restore strength just to deal with this
>>
>>387291237
fuck this guy
>>
>>387291316
Anyone can learn to Shout though, it's not racially exclusive to the Nords. It originated with the Nords though, the Dragonborn can just Shout without any sort of training.

Then Jurgen Windcaller and the Greybeards came along and basically neutered the Nords by taking it away.
>>
Is the multiplayer any good?
>>
>>387291982
>not the high chadmer
>>
>>387293636
It's unbelievably functional, good depends on your company though.
>>
>>387275891
The Thalmor want to exterminate mankind and destroy the Towers (e.g. Direnni Tower, White-Gold Tower, etc.) that uphold the integrity of Nirn so that they can become the immortal spirit Et'Ada they were before Lorkhan tricked the Aedra into giving up their divinity and creating Mundus.

>To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.

>To achieve this goal, we must:

>1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

>2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

>3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.
>>
>>387291237
>wearing boots of bitchin speed
>this faggot fucks it up by draining my speed
>have to get attacked by a gorillion assassins and marked for death by all lawmen for sleeping in an owned bed to get back the mp necessary to recast resist magicka 100% for 1 sec after trekking halfway across the island at a snail's pace to get my speed restored
>>
I'm just an old man with a skooma problem.
>>
File: 1462851870382.jpg (100KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1462851870382.jpg
100KB, 1024x768px
>>387284162
>>387270645
Implying it wasnt dream boy
>>
>>387265551
The Xbox version did it right, they didn't show up till level 9 or something
Why the fuck didn't they do that in the PC version
>>
A spry, trim, clean-faced Imperial in vigorous middle age, dressed in a brown robe, sits cross-legged before a large patch of freshly-disturbed ground in the palace district near the statue of Tiber Septim, peeling, coring, and slicing an apple, and alternately eating one slice, then laying down a slice in a pinwheel pattern on the dark earth.

"Well, fancy meeting you here," the Imperial said in the rounded tones and bland irony of an educated gentleman. He paused for a second, rearranged several slices more perfectly to suit himself, then quietly tucked another slice into his mouth and chewed patiently, deliberately.

"it's been a few years, Your Majesty, hasn't it. And, I suppose, under the solemn circumstances, I oughtn't address you as 'Uncle' or 'Sly Uri' as I used to... though never to your face, of course.

"Sorry. I've taken my time about it, Your Majesty, but I'm here at last, to pay my respects. Tell them upstairs that Caius Cosades has buried his black pennies on the spot, and placed a wreath at your grave.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here to dance at your tucking-in, Sire, as I promised, but with one thing and another, I was keeping quite busy in the East, and since you'd no need of me back here, I wasn't handy when the day of reckoning came.

"I hear it wasn't a pretty time. I can't say I'm sorry to lose your three sons. None of them worth a fig, as I've told you many times... not to your face, of course... but nonetheless, I know it must have hurt bitter-hard, harder than the Dawnman's daggers, I expect.

"But in the end, you'd got Martin well-hidden away... you sly dog, I never guessed... and he turned out to be worth twice the lot of those preening fools you got on the scheming witch, Caula Voria, may she die again tomorrow. Who was his mother? Was it that Gemile girl you had put out of the way, right after the Warp in the West?"
>>
He added another slice of apple to his wreath, tucked a last slice into his mouth, then cleaned his knife on the worn-smooth wool of his robe. He made as if to tuck the knife back into his pouch, then, thinking again, he took the knife and buried it up to the handle in the dirt, right in the center of the ring of apple slices.

"There you are, your Majesty. My Blade, ever and always at your service. It was a pleasure to know you, and be your rough tool, in this and every other thing. I hope they find a nice spot for you up there with Lord Tiber and the rest of your sainted kin."

The Imperial unfolded his legs and rose in a smooth motion, dusting the dirt from his backside. "And I hope they hurry up and put a proper stone on the spot, too. Like all Council work, I imagine it's still a piece of patronage buried under some pile of papers in a clerk's ratnest. Fair enough. No stone could ever do you justice. Better the common ground above you, walked on by your precious citizens, beggar, noble, sage and fool alike."

He looked at the sky, smiled, liking what he saw there. "Indeed. No more fitting monument than Cyrodiil's open air and fertile soil... and you to sweeten it."

Rubbing the back of his close-cropped head, he looked around with wry, pursed lips. "And now what? Maybe a visit to that symposium the Geographical fellows are putting up. See what sort of prickly bickering and posturing they can work up. Maybe stick in my crooked oar, just to stir the pot."

He'd barely left the spot before the first fat black ant had arrived, tugged first with curiosity, then dogged enthusiasm at a slice of apple, then scanned the horizon for others of his kind to help him harvest his golden hoard.
>>
File: 2hu2.jpg (75KB, 306x331px) Image search: [Google]
2hu2.jpg
75KB, 306x331px
>Spent my whole tuesday modding Morrowind using a guide I found on /vg/
Runs like ass as expected (as in it fluctuates between 40-60 fps outdoors) but it looks great now. About to start playing today, any tips for beginners lads?
>>
>>387299294
Get a major in one weapon and one armor (or magic instead of weapon) and try not to abuse the meta because the game is very easy to fuck around with in that sense.
Also, explore and get lost. The best things happen when you have no idea where you're going.
>>
>>387286697
Besides the pillar quest, it's probably my favorite part of Morrowind.
>>
>>387299294
wait for the next OpenMW build
>>
>>387299294
It's not Oblivion or Skyrim, you can and will encounter things that will wreck your shit. Listen to NPCs, if they say a direction is dangerous they mean it. (At least until you have some levels under your belt.)
>>
Oblivion might be my favorite TES game and I haven't even beaten it yet. It just werks.
>>
>>387300693
I assume you haven't beaten any of the other ones either if you like Oblivion.
>>
>>387300693
Skill perks and being able to see what items are considered stolen are about the only thing it has over Morrowind.
>>
>>387288901
Yes, I use them to exhibit my old sets of armor that I replace, and unique sets like Ulfric's stuff or the Jester's gear and the worn shrouded gear when I do the Dark Brotherhood questline.
I even refrain from soultrapping people (and giants), unless they really, really pissed me off and deserve their soul to be forever trapped in a pair of stinky boots. So when I do the DB questline, I load up on black soul gems and clear my Black Star, then soul trap every last Penitus Oculatus motherfucker and trap each of them in an old pair of boots or rags with a shitty enchantment and sell them to the Khajit caravans. Same for Thalmor fucking shits.
I actually RP in Skyrim, please don't hit me.
>>
>>387265654
vamp raids at least you get some semi expensive stuff to sell/use

in skyrim half the time it some shitty bandit thrall with a vampire in a cheap dingy robe
>>
>>387265654
Vampire raids
>retard npcs run up to them and die
>retard npcs get in the way of your attacks because they run up to them and die, making you have a bounty
>YOU HAVE CONTRACTED SANGUINARE VAMPIRIS
>>
>>387265879
>He doesn't plan out his build
By level 5 I could fuck up a dark brotherhood assassin because by then I'd have a khajiit with 80+ in Unarmed and a fuckload of speed while wearing nothing but skivvies. The amount of ways you could break the game is hilarious.
>>
>>387265654
Random dragon attacks
>be selling shit in Riverwood because I was passing through
>level 40 character
>well, time to head outside and get to my next destination
>lol dragon
>Oh that's fine, Spellbreaker will just hold off the breath attacks and my ebony war axes with their 200+ damage per hit will make short ALVOR WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING
>>
>>387266296
>That's because you got absurdly lucky
No it's because I planned for the fight and saved a scroll to nuke him with.

I play with a mod that removes all level-decreasing scaling effects, so this is basically necessary.
>>
>>387267609
>Empire and Solstheim Nords keep fucking with us
>Corprus spreading
>Outlanders everywhere
>Red Mountain fucking explodes destroying all of Vvardenfell
Thank gods
>>
>>387302346
>Not soul trapping a target
>Not taking said soul and enchanting a weapon then using it on the next target

If you're gonna be edgy, may as well get some milage from it beyond rags to sell.
>>
>>387302872
>dealing with a one gorillion HP assassin armed with paralyze and poison adamant shortsword at a low level
You're a braver man than me
>>
>>387302346
>Black Star
Filthy N'Wah
>>
>>387303293
The DB targets were, by and large, not asshole victims. In fact, most of them were pretty nice apart from that bitch Grelod. They don't deserve that fate.

>>387303327
Around elves, watch yourselves.
>>
>>387303415
>t. fetcher
>>
>>387265735
>tfw started playing morrowind for the first time a couple days ago
>fight my first group of cliff racers
>decide to rest until healed
>rest is immediately interrupted by Dark Brotherhood
>barely manage to kill him
>>
>install Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul
>got the required mods for it like MWSE and MCP
>gives me an error message with "MAO_MWSE_GetRef" or some shit
>the "rare" bug of all sounds cutting out happens frequently as fuck, especially in the starting cave with the three smugglers
Fuck this shit.
Small nitpick too, bugs the shit out of me that every footstep sounds like you're slogging through soft dirt even if you're walking on the wooden floorboards of a prisoner transport ship.
>>
How is that co-op mod?
>>
File: 20160319174214_1.jpg (237KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160319174214_1.jpg
237KB, 1400x1050px
>>387265551
Oh would you look at that.
>>
File: daedric wasabi.png (1MB, 1011x843px) Image search: [Google]
daedric wasabi.png
1MB, 1011x843px
>>387304097
It's pretty fun, depending on who you co-op with.
Items are a bit fucked, sometimes you get duplicates and sometimes you don't, and the infinite dremora have inconsistent weapons for all the clients looting them. So far having everyone assigned a different weapon type is working well, though I feel I got shafted with axes.
DB assassins also seem to show up a lot more frequently, to the point where we had to rest in shifts, and wound up killing 10+ before we were all healed back up.
When they're coming at you in pairs with daedric wakazashis, it becomes a huge pain in the ass.
>>
>>387304495
wait a minute, those swords...
>>
N'wah
>>
File: 1449312515997.jpg (18KB, 227x192px) Image search: [Google]
1449312515997.jpg
18KB, 227x192px
SEEN ANY ELVES?
>>
>>387265551
>rest in Addamasartus at level 1, fresh off the boat
>assassin wakes me up
>>
>tfw no Morrowind game that is remastered and redone with Skyrim's engine so that it isn't a boring and confusing piece of shit to play
>>
>>387303781
>rewarded with excellent gear immediately at the start of the game
>>
>>387265654

As long as there were replacements for NPCs, and NPCs were programmed to run and hide as long as it was appropriate for their level and lore to do so it's perfectly fine.

So really if you have that 1 mod included it's fine.

>2mb mod has all that
>Bethesda couldn't be bothered

WEW
>>
>>387305420
2 MB can be a lot of data, if it's just scripts.
>>
>>
>>387304495
Are there quests and shit and everything or is it a sandbox?
>>
So is OpenMW playable now?
>>
File: prettykitty.jpg (290KB, 1111x719px) Image search: [Google]
prettykitty.jpg
290KB, 1111x719px
>you will never become a rich potion merchant and purchase a massive harem of khajiit cuddle slaves
>>
>>387305674
yeah pretty much, play it in mp

vampirism and stats drain is bugged tho
>>
>>387305724
KITTY
>>
File: 1501430459926.png (148KB, 548x344px) Image search: [Google]
1501430459926.png
148KB, 548x344px
>>387266551
>>
>>387266694
>Statistically speaking most of the time the assassin would easily wreck you.
If you are trash it surely will, otherwise you´ll get an OP set of armour in your firsts weeks in Morrowind.
>>
>>387301757

Yes and merchants instantly recognizing which items are stolen and refusing to buy them is just a better system.
>>
>>387275149
>slave subhumans
>everything humans hate about eachother but actually a different race so mistreatment is justified
>>
>>387305648
Just about all the quests and shit work, though if somebody fucks off with quest items you'll need to spawn them back in with the console or yell at them to hand them over.
Custom spells, enchantments, and potions won't stay when you disconnect and later reconnect to a server, and I think they don't show up for other players either.
>>
>>387277482
I don't get there often
>>
>>387271168
Because thats how Bethesda handles most of their characters. They either die or fuck off somewhere.
>>
>>387280508
What, you dont like console wars and shillhunting?
>>
you reckon SkyWind is gonna be any good lads?
>>
>>387309004
>skyrim engine
No
>>
>>387309004
good waste of time, effort, and talent
>>
>tfw just keep using console to add skooma to inventory in order to make traveling around vivec less of a pain in the ass
>>
>>387307689
Sounds interesting might have to look into finding my Morrowind disc wherever it is and giving it a go (or just pirating it if it works with pirated versions if I can't find it) and getting a friend or two of mine to do some dicking around in Morrowind.
>>
>>387309621
>not just getting the boots of blinding speed
n'wah
>>
File: 1499737481399.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499737481399.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>387287489
if only mw had the poison mechanics of oblivion. drain health/paralyze/burden etc on throwing knives/darts, but with mw's completely stackable durations.
>>
>>387265654
this are the kind of faggots who would never install a zombie apocalypse mod to their games

muh precious NPCs and waifus must not die! its unimmersive

fuck off faggot
>>
>>387309713
Not fast enough. Need to roll around at the speed of sound.
>>
>>387310159
>make +80000something speed potion that lasts for months
>fly through walls
>fall through void
>keep falling until placed at the top of sky
>fall to death
>>
>>387271765
sneaky archer is for autists, if you want to use warrior or mage characters you need to bring followers so they tank some enemies for you
>>
>>387265551
The dark room is two rooms further down the hall
>>
>>387270043
The biggest problem with playing a pure warrior or thief in Morrowind is the fact that you'll end up with a bunch of superfluous skills that all do the same thing (e.g. multiple weapon/armor skills), while magic for the most part has a full set of unique skills. You pretty much have to play a character that uses magic skills to some extent if you want to fully experience the game.
>>
>>387274997
puny little elf, the empire of man never dies no matter how much you wish it
>>
I still can't get over the oversight in not adding a basic level req into the code before H starts sending assassins.
>>
>>387304495
Goddamnit anon... first I thought it was a swastika
>>
>>387265551
*takes your armour*
>>
>>387310267
That's why you activate god mode before doing anything like that
>>
>>387265551
I hate this nigger, he always scares the shit out of me when I try to sleep and he screams in your ear.
At least you can sell his stuff for a lot.
>>
>>387265551
>"DIE FETCHER"
>he hits you with his paralyze dagger
>hits every time
>can't do anything
>die
>>
>too stupid to use horses so we just take giant bugs cut them open and fuck with their blood and guts as a means of transport
>>
File: 1494912505039.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1494912505039.png
317KB, 796x712px
>tfw no TES VI: Argonia
>>
>>387284537
>doing the same thing on a save years ago
>training and sleeping in the bed downstairs
>woken up by loud noise
>dark brotherhood assassin stands in front of me
>he isn't doing anything but staring at my soul
>try to talk to him
>get "character is in combat" messages
>stare at him for a few seconds
>suddenly he goes "WYEEAAAH" and unsheathes his dagger
>show him my mighty fine two hand silver claymore 'Skylight', enchanted with health restoration
>take him down with 3 clean hits to his torso
>sell his crap to the blacksmith in the same guild
>continue the training with my newly acquired drakes
another day in morrowind
>>
>>387265551
*drops armour that obsoletes 90% of the light armour in the game on night 1*
>>
The dark brotherhood armor looks so ugly in Morrowind
>>
>>387280357
>>387280595
A game about Pelinal would be like Doom 4, but melee oriented and elves instead of demons.

I'd be ok with this
>>
>>387314545

Did they ever fix that? Can't remember if I ever used the last official patch, but it sure didn't. They were meant to start appearing much later, right?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (283KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
283KB, 1920x1080px
>>387280121
I read about this the other day, somewhere it's also mentioned that his chest opened revealing a red crystal-like object instead of a heart and one of his arm is shooting some kind of white magic laser. A magical Terminator send from the future to REMOVE ELVES sounds pretty rad.
>>
>>387309004
It could probably be fun for exploration, assuming the finished product doesn't run like ass.
>>
>>387315446
I am not sure, the easiest way to fix it yourself is to just deactivate the expansion until you are done with the main game, it's meant to be played after finishing the main quest anyway.
>>
>>387309004
Why is anyone excited for this? Skyrim's engine was pure shit, you're literally just ruining the game.
>>
>>387287481
Stupid nigger, just stop opening your mouth. You're like all of those pretend know everything people. You suck. Just listen first beforehand maybe learn a thing or two. Trust me I only want the best for you anon.
>>
>>387310824
My warrior is loaded up with magical trinkets earned through adventure. I don't think I've used a single spell in that play through.
>>
>>387274997
The Empire was in decline in freaking Morrowind. Wulf/Tiber Septim said so himself. Oblivion retconed it, and I'm glad they brought the idea back in Skyrim.
>>
File: 1506823094.png (845KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
1506823094.png
845KB, 1360x768px
>When you're still level 3 but roll out of Balmora with 3k in the Bag
>>
>>387280121
Like 80% of Oblivion should be considered non-canon.
>>
>>387286697
Do you have distant land and Tamriel Rebuilt activated? The mod authors still haven't optomizd the Velothi mountains, so Solstheim can get pretty buggy.
>>
>>387265879
Funny thing is in every playthrough I've been in I've managed to kill him at level 1, how do you explain that Skyrim fag?
>>
>>387266694
Just shut your mouth like the trash that you are.
>>
>>387313650
Do you really expect Bethesda to properly create the Black Marsh? And if they even could, it would be horrible to explore. It could only really work if you included southern Morrowind.
>>
>>387298256
Good writing, but why did the Dragonfires go out?
>>
>>387318087
A magic focused character would also have an arsenal of spells on top of all sorts of enchanted junk, plus you can just buff yourself with spells/potions to be a melee murder machine too
>>
>>387271765
It's bullshit that magic doesn't have the range of archery. I end up using a bow just because of the range, when there should be a spell for that.
>>
>>387304495

Are npcs synced?
>>
Am I doing something wrong in regards to morrowind's alchemy? I try creating a potion but it keeps telling me to type in my name.
>>
File: morrowind.png (2MB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.png
2MB, 1400x1050px
>tfw to intelligent to finish the game
>>
>>387323576
Type in a name for the potion in the name field. It should auto-generate one from what I remember, but if it's not doing that just make one up
>>
>>387323842
I tried both the auto generated name and a custom name but it keeps saying to type in a name
>>
>>387324167
get out of alchemy, close your inventory and reinitiate the process, it should work then
>>
>>387316794
Morrowind had the same engine as Skyrim fuck face
>>
>>387320010
I don't expect them to be able to faithfully create any of the provinces.
>>
>>387322472
yup
>>
>>387324427
Not him but its a big enough gap where it might as well be different. There's no point in "updating" the engine just to make it play more like Skyrim
>>
Which hybrid is more fun in MW: warrior/mage or thief/mage? I don't think I want to play a pure mage because there are some neat weapon and armor uniques.
>>
>>387325756
alchemist.
>>
>>387265551
God I would so pay $60 for Morrowind with Sykrims graphics and combat system.
>>
>>387325874
Nah, I don't want to break the game that hard. You get strong as hell even without using alchemy.
>>
File: supumemelovingnwah.jpg (84KB, 500x578px) Image search: [Google]
supumemelovingnwah.jpg
84KB, 500x578px
>>387265551
>>
File: 1414475121843.jpg (21KB, 298x302px) Image search: [Google]
1414475121843.jpg
21KB, 298x302px
>went to sleep
>thread still going
>>
>>387326014
then try thief mage, chameleon is basically perma invisibility, and you only need a 60point spell to be hidden 90% of things
>>
>>387325756
Warrior/Mage. Late-game heavy armor is the only kind of armor you can put decent enchantments on, and I'm fairly certain it also has the most uniques.
>>
>>387267609
>dark elf
>elf
No thanks I'd rather be literally anything other than a elf.
>>
so, ive wanted to try morrowind for a while, i love old rpgs and i am really open to trying it, is here any tips you nerds could give me? is it worth upping the view distance via a mod? (i dont care about pilling on the graphics mods)
>>
>>387302659
>sanguinare vampiris
>not porphyric hemophilia

Did this bother anyone else as much as it bothered me
>>
>>387329087
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Starting_Out
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Hints

>is it worth upping the view distance via a mod?
yeah sure why not
>>
>>387329087
yes its definitely worth it, the view distance is pretty bad otherwise
>>
File: 1488049384536.png (10KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488049384536.png
10KB, 640x360px
>>387265551
>First character I ever made was full agility
>Annihalated this faggot because I kept dodging everything he swung at me
>>
File: 1499038330126.jpg (32KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1499038330126.jpg
32KB, 265x265px
>>387329087
>likes old rpgs
>hasn't played one of the best rpgs of all time and needs hand holding
I bet you like jrpgs and witcher games
>>
>>387266551
>start game
>don't read anything
>run into the wilderness and lose all my stamina
>miss miss miss
>"wtf why can't I hit anything!?"
>>
>>387329424
Imagine how the fight actually went on. You'll be there just standing still dodging every attack Matrix style while the guy attacking you has a "what the fuck" expression on his face
>>
>>387329087
Upping the view distance by a few cells is probably a good idea, but I wouldn't go overboard with it. If you go beyond 4-6 cells you start to see how small the island really is. It's a little immersion-breaking.
>>
>>387266551
Is a shame that arx fatalis ending is easy and bad. And that you cant go to the outside for more than a simple dead screen.
>>
>>387273979
>Play tes3mp
>Spawn one outside Balmora.
>Drain attribute it until it can't move, can barely swing, and can't hit anything.
>Damage Armour until all it's equipment breaks.
>Damage Weapon until it goes hand-to-hand.
>Sit there casting heal companion on it while a new character uses it as a punching bag.
>Eventually go grab all my hoarded stamina potions and set them up in a pile nearby for him to use.
>Other players join in wailing on the tied-down naked brotherhood assassin.
>Sitting there sipping mana potions leveling my restoration and cracking lorefag jokes back and forth the whole time.
7.0 fucking when.
>>
>>387331034
>cracking lorefag jokes back and forth the whole time
Let's hear 'em, anon
>>
>>387275490
I don't think Talos requires worship in order to have power. I don't think that's how any gods in TES function.
>>
>>387333046
That's how it works for the Aedra
>>
>>387270043
battlemages are the best, heavy armor and long swords while buffing the shit out of yourself
>>
god damn it now i want to play morrowind again thanks
>>
File: 1493809438242.jpg (35KB, 451x362px) Image search: [Google]
1493809438242.jpg
35KB, 451x362px
>>387333567
Do it, outlander.
>>
#OutlanderLivesMatter
>>
File: night_suran_by_lelek1980-d5jz6ke.jpg (229KB, 614x1302px) Image search: [Google]
night_suran_by_lelek1980-d5jz6ke.jpg
229KB, 614x1302px
>>387333567

That isn't even slightly a problem m80
>>
What is the lore reason for choosing silt striders instead of horses
>>
Is OpenMW w/Tamriel Rebuilt stable enough to do a full playthrough on them?
>>
How do we solve the n'wah problem?
>>
>>387334328
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/general-elder-scrolls-weaseling

>For two reasons. First, Dark Elves like them as a foodstuff. Second, native grasses of Morrowind give horses a bad, and often terminal, case of tummy ache.
>>
File: AH.jpg (210KB, 783x811px) Image search: [Google]
AH.jpg
210KB, 783x811px
First time playing, just talked to the shirtless Blades guy. How am I doing?
>>
>>387335196
>argonian
like shit
>>
>>387334706
>decide to read a little farther down
>Cliff racers are the reason why dragons left from Morrowind
>>
>>387335196
>Spear 69
>Agility 87
Good, at least you won't be quitting because of *miss* *miss* *miss*
Remember to jump around to raise Acrobatics and get good Strength gains in levelups. And make sure you're actually wearing Medium armor not Heavy.
>>
>>387335196
>argonian
boi
but be prepared to be kinda bored with the missions in vivec, do guild quests
>>
>>387335196
>that spear and agility
Good man.
>>
>>387335196
>medium armor
>>
>>387335513
I'm wearing all the medium armour I've been able to buy so far + some dark brotherhood stuff from those fucks that attacked me. I only got a bunch of gold recently, so I'm going to go into town and buy some medium bonemold or something now that I can afford it.

>>387335959
What's wrong with medium armour?
>>
>>387336137
They are the weakest armor type, the top tier Light Armor eventually surpasses it. Heavy Armor offers more protection and is also better for enchanting.
>>
>>387334217
The cities in TR even look and feel like this.
Androthren has no NPC's in it yet but goddamn if it isn't atmospheric as fuck.

>>387333281
>Long Blades instead of Spears
It's almost like you don't want to pump the one stat that doesn't apply retroactively as early as you can.
>>
>>387336137
>What's wrong with medium armour?
It's overall worse than heavy or light armor.
But if you want a really good piece of medium armor, join the Tribunal Temple and rise to the top. It'll take a while but it's worth the effort.
>>
>>387324639
gotta a link?
>>
>>387336372
>>387336469
I see. Considering I have full Dark Brotherhood armour in my inventory, should I just start raising my LA skill despite majoring in medium?
>>
>>387335196
Pretty good anon. How are you enjoying the game so far? Morrowind can be a little daunting for someone who's only played the later two TES games.
>>
>>387336604
Medium is fine for now. Later in the game, once you start swimming in cash, you can pay a trainer to make you decent in heavy or light armour. Enjoy that Bonemold for a while. Visually, it's probably my favourite set.
>>
>>387336683
I'm having a blast with it. It's a lot of fun.

The only issue I have is some Redguard girl who wants me to take her somewhere, but nobody has a dialogue option for directions to the place. I've just been wandering North hoping I'll stumble there eventually.

>>387336796
Ok. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>387336796
Armor in Morrowind looks cool as fuck. They all look meh in the other games
>>
File: 1480278046613.jpg (4MB, 5600x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1480278046613.jpg
4MB, 5600x1249px
>>
File: ulvnyk8xmjcy.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
ulvnyk8xmjcy.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
>>387337102
That Orc samurai aesthetic
>>
>>387337102
Why did Daedric armour go so wrong?
How did they go from 'Dark and slightly organic looking set of plate' to 'Literally just spikes for the sake of spikes'?
>>
>>387337828
because it's edgy and they look like demons lmao
>>
>>387271765
>Stealth Archery in Morrowind
What is this baby shit
Enchant your armor to get 80% chameleon and delete everything with your sneak attack Daedric Dai-katana at full sprint
And then get fucking torn in half by the Hounds of Hircine with their ridiculous perception
>>
>>387336928
Armour progression in Morrowind is kind of strange. For light and heavy armour, there's a large gap between low/mid grade sets and the high-end ones. Medium armour has a much smoother progression by comparison, and its best sets essentially fill that gap. So until you can get your hands on glass, ebony or daedric armour you're arguably at an advantage for picking medium.
>>
>>387337102
It always bothers me that Skyrim doesn't have a fur shield, yet has 7 different fur armor
>>
>>387338913
it's because true Nords don't use shields, milk drinker!
>>
>>387339030
>the manliest tool of antiquity
>cum drinking retards don't have it
It all makes sense now
>>
File: 1498283057427.jpg (961KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498283057427.jpg
961KB, 1920x1080px
>>387275891
Who cares when elves canonically win anyway?
>>
>>387340517
In like, one timeline, maybe
>>
File: 1480265283845.png (75KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1480265283845.png
75KB, 500x255px
>>387340517
>>
When a Kalpa is over, at what point in the timeline does the next one starts? When Anu and Padomay are born?
>>
>>387340826
At the Convention, when Lorkhan is killed.
>>
>>387335196
nigga you best not be carrying those 15 hammers with you on adventures
>>
File: 1498869612155.jpg (331KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498869612155.jpg
331KB, 1600x900px
>>387340720
Hey look, it's the homobot who got his ass handed to him by like 5 elves kek.
>>
>>387341003
Couldn't you download some better leaf textures
>>
>>387340905
Thanks.
>>
File: fb6680bc8e6fb4dbb813d2d731b5e460.jpg (187KB, 1071x419px) Image search: [Google]
fb6680bc8e6fb4dbb813d2d731b5e460.jpg
187KB, 1071x419px
>>387341003
>>
>>387309774
Looser
>>
File: 90211.jpg (647KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
90211.jpg
647KB, 1920x1080px
>>387341328
t. dead slut
>>
>>387341328
Why is an airship telling me that elves aren't people?
>>
>>387341439
She's not an airship she's a virgin
>>
>>387309774
Thing is the incredibly weak townsmen all swarm the vamp and die like fleas
>>
So you're in a club and this guy comes and slaps your concept of reality - what do?
>>
File: 24234-1-1350940317.jpg (110KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
24234-1-1350940317.jpg
110KB, 1600x900px
>>387341580
Get When Vampires Attack and Run for your Lives mods.
>>
File: 1499267935260.jpg (304KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
1499267935260.jpg
304KB, 1280x842px
>>
File: 1499267998952.jpg (1MB, 2000x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1499267998952.jpg
1MB, 2000x1304px
>>
>>387337102
>using the worst, most grey backgrounds possible
>>
>>387342094
Well at least they got the images from UESP
>>
File: 1499268063010.jpg (1MB, 2000x1307px) Image search: [Google]
1499268063010.jpg
1MB, 2000x1307px
>>
File: Numidiumwallconceptart.jpg (279KB, 1309x1383px) Image search: [Google]
Numidiumwallconceptart.jpg
279KB, 1309x1383px
Post more Numidium
>>
File: 1498211405281.jpg (509KB, 851x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1498211405281.jpg
509KB, 851x1083px
>>
>>387267609
dark elfs are literally the only elves I've liked

they're usually boring "le beautiful ancient race" but dark elfs are ugly and unelegant
>>
File: 1478437561169.png (61KB, 264x376px) Image search: [Google]
1478437561169.png
61KB, 264x376px
>>387265551
>getting him stuck and spearing him
>>
Am I the only one who think that the Dark Brotherhood guy is an awful addition to the game? He drops light armor that you can use for the majority of your playthrough.
>>
>>387342476
Yeah, it was added by a DLC already meant for high-level characters
>>
File: 39423835_p0.png (201KB, 1242x934px) Image search: [Google]
39423835_p0.png
201KB, 1242x934px
>>387342476
Yeah. There's a mod that delays him in order to balance it out a little.
>>
File: ordinator1.png (3MB, 953x1561px) Image search: [Google]
ordinator1.png
3MB, 953x1561px
>>387342369
>dark elfs are ugly and unelegant
Dunmer are aesthetic as fuck
>>
File: 46986756_p0.png (770KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
46986756_p0.png
770KB, 707x1000px
>>
>>387342476
That's why I just dump their armor into a chest and leave it.
>>
>>387342685
I wish we got to see Sil a bit more, and alive.
>>
File: races.jpg (886KB, 1244x3819px) Image search: [Google]
races.jpg
886KB, 1244x3819px
How accurate is this?
>>
>>387337102
>those bonemold pauldrons
>>
>>387343417
Bosmer are pajeet
Nords are niggers
Bretons are French except with 10x more racemixing
Imperials are lower tier jews
Orcs are literal shit
Redguards are the WE WUZ KANGZ meme come true
>>
>>387343627
>Imperials are lower tier jews
But they're obviously roman inspired.
>>
>>387337102
If Oblivion Glass armor would happen today it'd be Mtn Dew pre order armor.
>>
File: Many-Headed Talos.jpg (673KB, 1857x2613px) Image search: [Google]
Many-Headed Talos.jpg
673KB, 1857x2613px
>>387292431
Sorry buckaroo, no more Shezzarines in this Kalpa. Long story short they only appeared because the Heart of Lorkan manifested its power while on Mundus and then some n'wah went on a killing rampage based on nothing but dream and the orders of a drug addict.
Fuck I miss learning story.
>>
File: 1452069405007.png (65KB, 330x190px) Image search: [Google]
1452069405007.png
65KB, 330x190px
>when you purposefully avoid progressing the quest so you can keep selling that armor to the Skamp in Caldera
>>
File: MKNibenay.jpg (101KB, 408x686px) Image search: [Google]
MKNibenay.jpg
101KB, 408x686px
>>387343740
Mostly in names and some of the aesthetic. The original Imperials from the PGE1 actually had more asian influence.
Politically, they are like the Dominion jews except they do a shittier job.
>>
>>387343804
Last Dragonborn is Shor. Prove me wrong.
You can't.
>>
>>387343902
PGE is not reflected in the game. They're very much roman inspired for the most part.
>>
>>387344029
>PGE is not reflected in the game
Don't remind me
it hurts
>>
File: enb 2016_12_27 17_40_43_88.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
enb 2016_12_27 17_40_43_88.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387342624
I didn't mean actually ugly, just this harsh look that people don't associate with elves
>>
>>387343417
>Dunmer have katanas and come from an isolated island nation which has been slow to adapt to outside influence
>India
>>
File: 1502622023481.jpg (71KB, 564x677px) Image search: [Google]
1502622023481.jpg
71KB, 564x677px
>>387344215
i really dislike how elves look in skyrim
>>
>>387344527
I really dislike how Skyrim looks.
>>
>>387344527
I really dislike how Bosmer are the same height as everyone and look normal instead of disgusting little shits
>>
File: 1481278701618.jpg (3MB, 2403x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1481278701618.jpg
3MB, 2403x2200px
>>
>>387344735
>ESO Dunmer doesn't even have red eyes
The fuck?
>>
File: 1497030621586.png (938KB, 1280x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1497030621586.png
938KB, 1280x1700px
>>387344951
Don't question it.
>>
>>387345127
>Tumblr red nose effects even the Dunmer

Fucking n'wahs.
>>
File: SR-npc-Karliah.jpg (177KB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
SR-npc-Karliah.jpg
177KB, 899x899px
>>387344951
I guess it's a rare thing
>>
>>387345127
tumblr nose
>>
>>387345226
ayy lmao
>>
File: 1379116135698.jpg (190KB, 769x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1379116135698.jpg
190KB, 769x1038px
>>387342592
This image makes House Hlaalu look like assassins or thieves, when really they're a diplomacy and merchant faction. Sure under the surface they're a bunch of cut-throats, but really all the factions are.
>>
>>387345224
>>387345236
It's fine since her cheeks are flushed too.
>>
You are over-encumbered
>>
>>387345484
Fucking Bonewalkers.
>>
>>387265879
Do people actually have trouble with the dark brotherhood assassin early on or is this an ebin meme like "hurrr its impossible to beat the unarmed night elf who stole Fagroth's because my attacks all miss"
>>
>>387344735
>They never compare female Bretons
Why?
>>
File: ixSdAMb.gif (11KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
ixSdAMb.gif
11KB, 501x504px
>>387345431
Hlaalu is a merchant faction alright
Camonna Tong infiltrated them, though,
the image probably reflects that
>>
File: almalexia_by_enolezdrata-daalcb0.jpg (200KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
almalexia_by_enolezdrata-daalcb0.jpg
200KB, 1024x1820px
>>
>>387345463
Man I hated almost everyone in the Bitch Brotherhood. Bunch of slack-jawed Sithis-damned faggots.
>>
File: ProxyDog.jpg (229KB, 1280x1041px) Image search: [Google]
ProxyDog.jpg
229KB, 1280x1041px
>>
File: 1459073756235.jpg (45KB, 602x850px) Image search: [Google]
1459073756235.jpg
45KB, 602x850px
>>387344951
ESO is a disgrace.
>>
>>387345789
Yeah, both the members and the questline were a downgrade from Oblivion.
>>
>>387337102
This reminds me how much I hate the lighting in Skyrim.
>>
>>387345857
Oblivion had great sidequests, I'll give it that
>>
>>387345803
What is this from?
>>
File: MKGiantVivec.jpg (353KB, 1280x1054px) Image search: [Google]
MKGiantVivec.jpg
353KB, 1280x1054px
>>387345924
Concept art for Morrowind
>>
>>387345127
shit that looks nice. now I want to comission my character
>>
File: nTBrR19-1.jpg (223KB, 750x912px) Image search: [Google]
nTBrR19-1.jpg
223KB, 750x912px
Oblivion was a mistake.
>>
File: 1497283413584.jpg (65KB, 496x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497283413584.jpg
65KB, 496x540px
>>387345862
Shhhhhh shut the fuck up and buy it. Then shut the fuck up some more.
>>
>>387345127
she looks too sexy to be a dunmer
>>
>>387346276
I agree completely
>>
>>387291237
>*damages your strength*
zez i always have summons around me so fuck this guy

P.S. magics/alchemy/enchanting are too OP in this game.
>>
File: TESMageWarriorThief.jpg (438KB, 3200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TESMageWarriorThief.jpg
438KB, 3200x1080px
Well?
>>
Why is Atronach one of the best signs?
>>
>>387346701
I tend to be a sneaky warrior who dabbles in magic.
>>
>>387346701
Rebel, King or Observer?
>>
File: 1497390336541.jpg (536KB, 900x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1497390336541.jpg
536KB, 900x1220px
>>387346806
This.
>>
File: 1367905356712.gif (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1367905356712.gif
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>387291237
>Can't run because I'm now over encumbered.
>>
File: 1362084511815.jpg (165KB, 614x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1362084511815.jpg
165KB, 614x1000px
>>387315152

You shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>387347582
No, he's right.
>>
>>387347582
That is Morag Tong concept art
>>
Are the Altmer just in wanting to unmake reality and turn everyone trapped in Mundus back into a frothy soul stew? If you think about it, Lorkhan pretty much did just stuff them all into the fuck bag and say "figure it out lol" and then died.
>>
File: 1499226239207.webm (690KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1499226239207.webm
690KB, 512x384px
>>387347450
>>
>>387329189
No.They're just different strains.
>>
>>387347959
BRAVO TARTAKOVSKY
R
A
V
O
>>
>>387344735
Oblivion had a certain charm, orcs, khajeet and dunmer looked pretty gud, but orcs looked awesome in skyrim imo.

Even though oblivion humans were silly looking i think skyrim's ones are a lot more fugly
>>
File: can i get you anything sir.jpg (225KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
can i get you anything sir.jpg
225KB, 759x508px
>the crack addict cat-people live on the fucking moon or something
>not the focus of any games yet
>we'll never get a proper, morrowind-style game about all the regions/races
>we'd need several trainwizes to build jus tone of these
>>
>>387348508
Orcs looked like shit.
Khajiit looked like shit.
Dunmer looked and sounded like shit.
So no.
>>
>>387337102
TES has some nice armor designs, the fur armors looked so good in Oblivion - without the helm - , leather too.

used to be in love with Dwarven in Oblivion too, i was like 14 then though
>>
>>387348672
Ah okay :(
>>
>>387345789
I liked the Argonian. Too bad he dies.
>>
>>387348887
I still think Dwarven looks good. Severe lack of face concealing helmets in that game, most helmets look mad shitty.
>>
File: Morrowind Fan art 12.jpg (1017KB, 1600x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind Fan art 12.jpg
1017KB, 1600x1120px
>>387344527
Me too. They just way too fucking pointy.
>>
>>387335196
Block seems a bit worthless since spears are only two-handed.
>>
>>387349728
I didn't realize that when I made my character. I thought it was going to be like DaS.
>>
>>387350073
Yeah, I wish they had single handed spears. Its even more considering a one handed spear is probably the most common weapon in human history.
>>
>>387337102
Imperial armors are bullshit in this pic. There were three in Morrowind: studded leather (some archers wear it), chain and plate. The heavy armor in Oblivion is an equivalent of plate armor from MW and the Imperial Watch armor is similar to MW Imperial Silver Armor. The "light" Imperial armor in Oblivion could be one of the City Guard armors.
>>
wtf don't archive when you're so close to 500 posts, n'wahs
>>
>>387351223
Keep it alive, cast your restoration spells
>>
>>387351223
Quick, post your favourite player home. Bonus points if it isn't from a mod or one of the House strongholds.
>>
It speaks?
What does it want?
>>
>>387344527
I thought they looked pretty much like MW dunmer but in better graphics. Most of the races in Skyrim looked great imo, one of the few things they did right with the game
>>
>>387351539
I stayed way too long on Caius' house after he left for Morrowind. There were piles of clutter up to the roof
>>
>>387351705
I squatted in Nine-Toes' house for most of the main quest. Piled books in the corner, artifacts arranged on his table.
>>
>>387351539
There's a small shack on the west coast that is super cozy. I never really used it because I play Telvanni wizards so often but I've always kept it in my mind for a future thief character

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Abandoned_Houses#An_Abandoned_Shack
>>
>>387351705
for Cyrodiil*
>>
File: pepeescare.jpg (10KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
pepeescare.jpg
10KB, 249x249px
>accidentally press space on a bed
>"You can't sleep in an owned bed"
>"You've been expelled from the Mages Guild!"
>"Your crimes have been reported"
>>
File: 1483923393763.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483923393763.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>387352582
>Go to Mage's Guild
>see full Master's Alchemy set completely unguarded
>Steal it with no repercussions
>>
File: 1484850588153.png (3MB, 1112x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1484850588153.png
3MB, 1112x1620px
>>387352582
>Buy a bed at an Inn,
>Innkeeper gives vague directions to your bed.
>Can't figure out which one is yours.
>>
Hlaalu rules
>>
>>387353406
Funny way of spelling Redoran, friend.
>>
>>387353075
What the fuck were they thinking with Caldera? You can get the Master Alchemy stuff, Orcish armor, and thousands of gold from Creeper there
>>
>>387353439
>Redoran
>wow man thanks for killing those monsters. Gold? No, your reward is honor! *pats u on the back*
heh, here. take these coins and dont spend them all in one place poorfag
>>
>>387279341
>siding with a bunch of retards who consort with low-level daedra
>ever
not a good diea
>>
>>387353742
Enjoy getting your back stabbed by a Camonna Tong underling, all in the name of precious corrupting gold, you poor n'wah.
>>
>>387353742
No one joins Redoran for money. People join it to Make Resdayn Great Again
>>
>>387353742
>needing gold from quest rewards
There are about a hundred better ways to make money in Morrowind than by doing quests.
>>
>>387353897
Can't get stabbed if you stab them all beforehand
I'll go take my gold coins bath now
Thread posts: 511
Thread images: 109

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.