[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: screenshot-observer-game.jpg (75KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-observer-game.jpg
75KB, 800x450px
Thoughts so far?
>>
>>387259070
Liked it, nice cyberpunk horror, but in a horror I like, its not jump scary as the classical horror but it does nto delvet into "existantialsim" too much like Soma did, it has a nice mid-point, no shitty jump scared but no 10 minutes of what am I, what is reality what is immortality bullshit that I hated in soma. It touches those subjects very nicely again, without shoving down your throat.

It's a nice game worth to play or at least watch a lets play.
>>
liking it, its running like shit, and the scanning could work better, doesnt make much sense that you can have the right vision mode activated, grab the object and look around and the scan isnt made because you still have to hold the button.

Its also taking its sweat time with such slow dialog. It didnt need to be so long to say so little.

The hacking the mind of the people is the best part, but in the end its still one of those games that you go through to have this sort of weird shit happening around you, like Layers of Fear from the same team, or something like when Alma showed up in the FEAR games.

The Blade Runner/Cyberpunk stuff is cool but isnt as well used, a lot of repetitive objects and plenty of them dont have any real purpose.
>>
>>387259515
but yeah, this, the horror is good as it doesnt really use shitty jump scares, its mostly about atmosphere and tone, it has some loud shit from time to time during the hackings but nothing like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY7uZ7cwhKk
>>
>>387259515
>>387260160
Would it be likened more to Silent Hill in regards to trying to lure you into a false sense of security?
>>
>>387260708
No, it is quite tense, but not in a "I might get devoured by a monster ala amnesia style" sense, story is nice, it did surprised me
>>
Game is toaster friendly
It runs 1080p low or 720 high pretty decently
The artwork and vibe is outstanding
>>
How's the gameplay? Walking simulator?
>>
>>387259070
What is this?
>>
>>387263827
New game from the Layers of Fear lads

>>387262963
A bit, but a ton of investigation and dialogue, dealing with computers...
>>
>>387262963
mostly, its like Layer of Fear but without the paranormal.

so yeah, no combat but you do get to interact with some things around the place. Also its not like the more traditional walking simulators where even the scenery is static as fuck like Dear Esther, Gone Home or the one of the rapture. You simply dont do all that much other then pressing some buttons and scanning stuff to progress forward.
>>
>fucking love cyberpunk
>Fucking hate horror
Kill me famalam
>>
File: 457345234234.jpg (17KB, 381x144px) Image search: [Google]
457345234234.jpg
17KB, 381x144px
>oh, new game
>pirate it
>too lazy to install it
>well, I will leave it just there
>forget about it

every
single
time
>>
>>387265809
I'll do just that right now
>>
File: 1502177508922.jpg (75KB, 617x603px) Image search: [Google]
1502177508922.jpg
75KB, 617x603px
I am 2 hours in, and i am enjoying it so far
Just hacked a guy, and got into a literal Layers section
But the whole exploration and aesthetics are amazing
>>
>>387259070
It's like Layers of Fear in a cyberpunk setting, the scary things and weird shits that happen really act like paranormal phenomena but it comes from virtual realities, augmented reality, glitches, badly fonctionning augmentations, things like that.

It's really interesting especially for people that can't really suspend their disbelief enough to enjoy horror games with ghosts and things like that.
>>
Watching it now (beginning of the game) - looks like fucking garbage honestly.

While I like the setting, the gameplay is utter trash. Same as Layers of Fear but worse, tons of visual garbage is getting shoved down your throat, tedious as fuck scanning and different visors, hiding from #43434634612312 unkillable monster.

Wouldn't buy it, looks like generic indie horror number 345246547674560578u9029341234, the only difference is that the devs wanted their """"artistic"""" vision to be done same as in the layers of fear - in results it's nothing but tons of visual noise and tasteless shitty execution of it.
>>
File: 1499892835237.jpg (26KB, 413x367px) Image search: [Google]
1499892835237.jpg
26KB, 413x367px
>>387266392
>tasteless
Nah
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.