[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of the Fairy Fencer series? Is it any good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: FuckinFairies.jpg (91KB, 616x353px) Image search: [Google]
FuckinFairies.jpg
91KB, 616x353px
What does /v/ think of the Fairy Fencer series? Is it any good or is it just flashy? How about other Idea Factory games? Humble Bundle is having a sale
>>
>>387256150
>series
Sequel never ever
On topic, I enjoyed the game, it's certainly one of Compile Heart's better ones. Pretty standard JRPG, gameplay is nothing special, but fun, and while the story is nothing special either, the characters and their interactions are entertaining. Make sure to get Advent Dark Force version if you get it, and remember that Eryn is best girl/bro.
>>
Pretty good, a refreshing change of pace (tone-wise) from Nep.
>>
>>387256150
My impressions from playing it is it seems like it was supposed to bigger a much bigger game than it was but they didn't have a big enough budget to completely do what they envisioned.
One evidence of this is that Yoshitaka Amano was one of the concept artists. Yes, Yoshitaka Amano art turned into that.
>>
>>387257996
Better than the entirety of the shit known as the Neptunia series
>>
Anyone play Dark Rose Valkyrie? How is it?
>>
A slightly more serious jrpg that came out of Compile Heart, but they still keep it loose and fun. From my impression it was a small-scale idea that sold well enough for them to put some extra dev time into the ADF version with expanded routes.

>Cyberneps bump into Bahus and extract pudding from him
>>
Kinda want to play advent, but not paying full price again. Maybe if I could get it for 1/3 of current price for owning the original.
>>
>>387258780
You did not play V-II, apparently.
>>
Average
>>
The original Fairy Fencer was meh. Advent Dark Force though, is pretty good, but a bit buggy on PC, like every IFI ports.

On the topic of how good it is: It's one of CH best games, IMO not as good as the 3 Neptunia remakes (but it gets kinda close) and way behind VII, which I consider CH best game to date.

Should you buy it: I'd say to get Nep instead, but if you already tried Nep and didn't like it, give FFF:ADF a shot.
>>
>>387261079
Yea I personally bought FF:ADF to play a game set in a different setting with different characters than Neptunia.
Neptunia is nice and all but one of the great things about RPGs is the world-building and how it influences the game systems.
>>
>>387261426
No, seriously, Fairy Fencer F and Neptunia are identical. The only difference is that FFF characters aren't as likable.
>>
>>387261946
The progression and moveset customization mechanics in them are really fucking different in the details and I honestly prefer the way Fairy Fencer F did it.
>>
>>387262713
Hmm, well that's your opinion. For me, costumization was good at first, became a chore really quick. The different endings were more annoying for me than fun. The characters and interactions were also really funny at the start, but I also lost interest by the middle of the game. It was really good at the start, really interesting, but soon began to get way too annoying. Still one of CH best games.
>>
>>387256150

I didn't like this game at all. I figured I would, because I love the neptunia games, but no matter how much I try I can't force myself through this shit. I always found the character interactions in the Nep games quirky and fun, even when they do eventually take that turn into cringeworthy territory. In fairy fencer it starts in cringe and overused trope territory and never leaves.
>>
File: raw.gif (681KB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
681KB, 498x280px
>"Welp, I have nothing to do today, so let's play this shitty looking weeabooshit of a ga-"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucfzn_IZqpQ

I have to admit it, that OST in the very first fight got me.
>>
>>387256150
I pirated it and then liked it so much that I bought it
>>
Sherman was right.
>>
>>387258491
Amano only did the Vile God and Goddess designs, iirc.
>>
>>387264460
what was his master plan again?
>>
So, marrying Harler is clearly the superior choice here, right? You get all the hot sex you want with that body and then Bahus will make you dinner and do the chores.

Mariano with all her money and power is also acceptable.
>>
File: Eryn goodbye.jpg (475KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Eryn goodbye.jpg
475KB, 1080x1920px
Best bro
>>
>>387264750
That's not Galdo
>>
>>387264570
Kill all the impure sluts because his sister was ruined by bandit cock and became their sex slave when he really wanted to fuck her.

He was just really mad about being cucked.
>>
>>387264919
>that accent.
A
>>
>>387264997
I don't remember this. Was this added in the new version?
>>
File: harley.jpg (1MB, 1024x3459px) Image search: [Google]
harley.jpg
1MB, 1024x3459px
>>387264750
>lusts after Justice Dick
>best
>>
>>387256150
Its flashy.
I dropped the game after i got the scythe guy because i got bored to death.
The fairy you start with is a bro though and that harley grill is hot
>>
>>387264731
Ethel was the best girl though
>>
>>387265059
The new version adds two more scenarios from the halfway point including new dungeons and quite a bit of story. But yes, that was in the third route I believe?
>>
The end to it all was so good, I was pumped up, felt feelings I haven't felt in a while when all the dead characters started interacting as spirits and then I went flaccid when Everything was ancient aliens and there are more ancient aliens coming sequelbait.
>>
>>387265093
Harley is the most underrated girl in any video game released after 2010.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.