[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will better AI make online useless?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: img_splatoon_03.jpg (229KB, 555x312px) Image search: [Google]
img_splatoon_03.jpg
229KB, 555x312px
Will better AI make online useless?
>>
>>387253689
What are you talking about? Of course not. The entire point of online is that you're beating other people. That's why it's satisfying.
>>
>>387253689
no, because playing with friends still needs to exist, but playing against real players? maybe.
>>387253857
beating a sufficiently good AI is also satisfying.
>>
>>387253990
Not as satisfying though.
Maybe it's just my opinion, but beating a person is better than beating a robot.
>>
>>387253990
An AI is an emotionless tool incapable of suffering the humiliation of defeat.
>>
File: funny fox.gif (95KB, 251x173px) Image search: [Google]
funny fox.gif
95KB, 251x173px
>>387253689
Next Splatfest announcement when?
>>
>>387253689
Ai will never be good. Also i cannot enjoy troll a machine
>>
>>387254156
when it comes to nu-games where you're not even allowed to talk to the opponent there's no difference
>>387254306
and you're incapable of witnessing said suffering because you're playing a faggot ass videogame instead of a sport
>>
>>387253990
>playing with friends
is fun but
AI satisfies me 95% of playing and training
>>
Never. There's no satisfaction in beating Ai. The reason being that good Ai is capable of anything in the game. So if you beat the Ai, its not really that you performed well as much as it is the Ai purposefully didnt perform advanced tactics and gimped itself. In nearly every scenario intelligent Ai would beat a human. If you beat it, then the Ai is merely pretending to be bad so you can win, there's no joy or accomplishment in this compared to beating another human.
>>
>>387253689
Some online features simply can't be accomplished with AI.

See: Skate 3 and it's great user created content.
>>
>>387253689

Not until the AI can pass a Turing test.
>>
>>387254593
actually, people in real life keep their cool a lot better and display sportsmanship, people playing games online lose their shit at the drop of a hat and have a salt meltdown
>>
>>387254593
Try to play with a robot in some spots

How did he make you feel?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.