[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is vita worth it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: ps_vita_system.png (227KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
ps_vita_system.png
227KB, 540x310px
is vita worth it
>>
yeah
>>
nah
>>
File: kirino_psvita.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kirino_psvita.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
If you're a weeb it is
>>
in terms of library, its basically the saturn without the arcade games
>>
>>387252058

it lost most of it's exclusives, but is still has SS: Delta and Killzone Mercenary which are worth the price alone imo
>>
Western shitters will tell you it's not worth it because they can't play their Western cuck games on it
>>
>>387252058
Do you like censored anime tiddy and Undertale?
>>
It's hacked, so you can play any vita game. Plus you got apps, home-brew, and emulators.
>>
File: 39.jpg (48KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
39.jpg
48KB, 620x348px
>>387252058
If you're not an autistic hikkiNEET who never leaves their house, it's a great weeb multiplat machine on the go. Project Diva alone made this worth it for me.
>>
pstv > vita
>>
>playing all these 3ds games that run and look like shit
>constantly wishing they were developed on the vita with its superior hardware and screen
its not fair bros.
>>
>>387252058
If you hack it yes, lots of portable indies and weeb games
>>
>>387252058
Yes
>If you're a weeb (and like JRPGs, VNs, fighting games)
>If you like indies
>If you don't mind the lack of exclusives

No
>If you like popular / mainstream western games
>If you think the system is going to get new big releases
>>
>>387252058
only if it's on 3.60 with henkaku
same with PSP, worthless unless you have CFW.
>>
>>387253097
why did nintendo won handhelds, even psp's screen looks way better than 3ds', it hurts
>>
>>387254420
casuals don't care about hardware power, they want games. point proven where the best selling 3DS and Wii games were the most ugly looking.
>>
>>387252812
this, greatest weeb machine ever
>>
>>387252058
Do you like jrpgs and indies? If so, yes
>>
>>387252058
No, not even if you pirate..
>>
>>387254420
>DS
Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Nintendogs, overall casual appeal.
>PSP
Monster Hunter, GTA. PSP's Gran Turismo (Sony's biggest franchise) was released way too late and lacked too many features.

>3DS
Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon, Dragon Quest, Nintendogs, Monster Hunter.
>Vita
No Monster Hunter, no GTA, no Gran Turismo.
>>
>>387254420
Library of 3DS games is far better than that of the Vita. Doesn't help that normies who walk into GameStop see the Vita rack is desolate, sparsely littered with bright colored weeb games that no one in the general population would touch. Graphics aren't everything.
>>
>>387252442
So with no inferior ports of score attack games? Good.
>>
>>387252058
Not anymore. It's basically dead, you won't find games or accessories in most used game stores even anymore. More importantly its memory cards are expensive as fuck, so even digital gaming is a pain in the ass.
I turned on the wifi awhile back not thinking and next thing I knew it was upgraded all the way. FML.
>>
>>387252058
WHY OF COURSE! IT JUST GOT UNDERTALE
>>
>>387254879
>Library of 3DS games is far better than that of the Vita.
Actually, they're fairly comparable.

>who walk into GameStop see the Vita rack is desolate,
Many Vita games are digital-only in the West, including many good ones like Dragon Quest Builders and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth.
>>
>>387252058
Honestly at this point, I'd say no. You'd be better served buying a used PSP with memory stick adaptor to play pirated PSP games and emulators on portably, and maybe a used PSTV if you wanted to play some of its exclusives like Killzone mercs, Freedom Wars, or Dungeon Travelers 2.
Pretty much all of its exclusives have now been ported to PC or PS4, and the thing hasn't gotten a price drop since the 2k came out so it's still in the $200 range, which is just a little bit less then getting a PS4 now. So even if you do decide to buy one, then shell out for a memory card you're paying just about as much as a new PS4 for it and you'll be playing mostly multiplats with performance issues. This year marks the beginning of publishers skipping out on localizing the Vita versions too so in the future expect it to get passed up more and more.

If you really, really need a portable then maybe. If not then it's not worth it unless if you find an amazing deal on a used one.
>>
>>387255759
You can use regular microsd cards on a hacked vita now.
If ever there was a time when a vita was worth buying, it's now.
>>
>>387255720
Nintendo IPs are by far more recognizable and you wouldn't know that the Vita's library is mainly digital unless you already have access to a Vita to search the store or you took the time to research (as if people would do that).
>>
>>387254420
honestly, most psp games tried to emulate the console experience on a handheld and failed miserably
>>
>>387256804
Vita and 3DS also fail miserably when they try the same, see Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Borderlands 2, Metal Gear Solid 3D, Splinter Cell 3D.

Portable systems work best doing their own thing, Sony don't understand this and nowadays they don't care anymore.
>>
>>387255759
I'm aware of that, and even with the adapter I still think it's not worth getting one now unless if you get a really good deal on one, or really, really need a portable for whatever reason.
I do really like my Vita but at this point it's money better spent elsewhere.
>>
>>387258253
meant for >>387255893
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.