[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how many anons stayed to listen to his story towards the end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4379.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4379.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
how many anons stayed to listen to his story towards the end?
>>
>>387250836
I did, I intend to replay FFX and also play X-2 for the first time in the HD collection, but that will come after I finish playing Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix on my PS3.
Already finished the story in KH2FM, currently doing the post-game superbosses, already cleared Sephiroth, All the Orgy 13 Data Fights and all the Olympus Cups except Paradox Hades Cup, also need to beat Terra but that comes last. Not gonna bother doing Gummi Missions since I hate them.
>>
Who was Sin before Jecht?

Why did that Sin bring Jecht out of DZ?
>>
>>387251367
>Who was Sin before Jecht?
Some previous random fella who went with his/her guardian obviously.

>Why did that Sin bring Jecht out of DZ?
By accident. Jecht went too far out to sea and Sin assumed he was a hostile force that got too close to Dream Zanarkand.
>>
>>387251753
finished the game 3 times already, still could not fully grasp what actually happened to him.

i knew that he is a dream for a start
>>
>>387252037
The game literally tells you he went out far to sea one day and bumped into Sin and that's how he ended in Spira. It really doesn't need more explaining than that.
>>
>>387251753
>It's just a happy little accident that the saviors of Spira happened to be the only known descendants of DZ show up and save the entire world.

Shut the fuck up, there's more to the story. Jecht didn't accidently end up in Spira, there was a greater force that enabled the events that happened to start.
>>
>>387250836
Me.
It was a pretty shitty story, to be honest. The "I don't want to accept that I love my dad" subplot was the only thing close to good writing.
>>
>>387252338
>Shut the fuck up, there's more to the story. Jecht didn't accidently end up in Spira, there was a greater force that enabled the events that happened to start.
Yes, the greater force is called plot armor convenience you goddamn retard.
>>
>>387252429
hurr plot armor made it happen, shut the fuck up, FFX PREQUEL WHEN?
>>
>>387252338
Not in the original release of the game, I can tell you that much.

Jecht just happened to get pulled the fuck out. You could maybe argue the Fayth subtly influenced this into happening but the game sure as fuck doesn't give any indication that this was the case.
Tidus being pulled out was intentional.
>>
>>387252623
This is an even stupider idea than a FF7 prequel.
Do you seriously want to learn that it was a digitized AKB48 that summoned Jecht?
>>
>>387252946
Better than some 'whoops I drifted off into the ocean and ended up saving the world' accident bullshit we're stuck with.
>>
>>387253325
Why do you feel the need for everything to be predestined? A lot of random shit happens in the world, there is no grand god's plan you fucking christcuck.
>>
>>387253325
>EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED ACCIDENTS DON'T HAPPEN!!!

People like you are part of why the market is flooded with shitty writing. Not every event has a meaningful catalyst. Some things are mere chance or an odd set of circumstances. It's not relevant to the story. You don't need to know how Cecil and Rosa first met. You don't need to know exactly how and when Cagnazzo replaced the king. You don't need to know the complete backstory of Golbez.

It's a fucking story. Christ. I'm disgusted I have to explain this to someone.
>>
The game and the story was good. The biggest flaw is if you play with the open sphere grid since instead of going the predetermined unique paths with unique abilities suited for every character you can break paths and go the path of someone else which ultimately kills off the uniqueness of each party member and makes them all generic with the exception of limit breakers and unique weapon properties.
>>
>>387253754
Expert Grid is definitely awful and I don't understand why people like it.
Yeah you can break the game with it but not only it has LOWER highest possible stat ceiling that non-Expert grid, but also removes all the uniqueness of all characters.
Literally the only character that benefits from that garbage is Khimari since he's terrible by default and even then I don't care since he has basically 0 plot relevance and is a disgusting furshit bait that I can't help was forced into the game at last minute to appeal to people that like Furshit Fantasy 9.
>>
>>387253726
>incomplete stories with plotholes are better than actually thought out and designed stories
>>
It was Yunas story though... tidus was just there for the ride
>>
>>387254193
>incomplete
>plothole
You use words you know not the meaning of.
>>
>>387253754
True, uniqueness of each character, what makes me enjoy the game. i played X first before going for VII, i hate how in VII every character is basically the same.
>>
File: xW6bfHN.png (69KB, 805x424px) Image search: [Google]
xW6bfHN.png
69KB, 805x424px
What's the difference between people who die and become pyreflies/fiends and people who stick around like Auron or Mika?
Is it just resolve and a strong enough purpose to keep them going?
>>
mfw i've replayed the campaign like 8 times over the course of 10 years because whenever i take a long break from it and return im lost af and feel like i might as well start over.

Last time i finally stuck around till the last boss but gut so butthurt frustrated i quit again... this game will be my personal hell.
>>
>>387254406
In 7 they still have completely different stat gains anon. That's why Vincent is fucking terrible for example because his stats are shit and his gimmick is all in his endgame weapon and Chaos transformation both of which require massive amount of grinding and by the time you unlock/max both it doesn't even matter anymore since you can steamroll everything then.
>>
>>387254439
It literally says so ingame, it's strong willpower and emotions of having unfinished business. Kind of like IRL ghost stories about people whose spritis haunt X place because they died in tragic circumstances or couldn't yet move on due to having unfinished matters.
Auron stayed behind through sheer force of will and rage at Yunalesca and the deception going on.
>>
>>387254693
Get Auron's celestial weapon, it's probably the easiest one to get and he'll one shot the corrupted aeons.
Get Yuna's as well, also very easy to get. Then doublecast Holy on Jecht.
Have Lulu doublecasting Ultima to keep the Pagodas down.
>>
>>387254439
It's what happens when a soul has unfinished business. That's part of a summoner's job. To send them off and relieve them of their woes.
>>
>>387254771
you might be knowledgeble, so i might as well ask. How good is the 2D era final fantasy titles compared to this game? will i still be enjoy the gameplay or it is stale compared to games these days. I wanted to play them, but im afraid its too dated to me.
>>
>>387254953
But then what dictates whether or not their unfinished business turns them into a fiend or makes them unsent?
Like Lady Belgimene. She just happened upon Yuna while she was fucking about on the Highroad, so her purpose was to wander around until she found a summoner to train?
>>
Working on platinum and I am nearly done after cheating the sphere grid for the last 3 days.
>>
>>387255164
Literally nothing dated about them other than visuals and lack of voice acting man.
Heck, FF10 is drastically dumbed down compared to any of the three SNES titles in terms of mechanics and sheer scale of the world and dungeons.
The NES titles did age like milk, but they have solid remakes.
Just try FF4 at the very least, it has a very good low-poly 3D remake on DS/PC/Mobile.
>>
NO, FUCK YOU FUCK YOUR STORY IS SUCKS.

SEND HELP, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLP.
>>
>>387255213
Strong will. Those without strong willpower just become fiends, kind of like degenerate humans who can't control their instincts.
>>
>>387254297
>story isn't told
it's incomplete
>story isn't there
it's a plothole.
>>
>>387255427
I guess man. In Belgemine's case though it doesn't seem like she has a super strong will, unless she was actively training every summoner she came across. She just seemed to be wandering around and waiting for the right person.
>>
what do you guys think about blitzball
>>
>>387250836
HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
>>
File: lulugunit.png (482KB, 800x474px) Image search: [Google]
lulugunit.png
482KB, 800x474px
>>387255659
I've never won the tournament on the PS2 version, but for some reason I beat it first try every time on the remaster.
I don't care for it
>>
>>387255309
I'm close to a platinum, How do you cheat the sphere grid?
>>
File: 1493263926046.png (481KB, 611x508px) Image search: [Google]
1493263926046.png
481KB, 611x508px
>>387255439
>plot makes logical sense
>it's a plot hole because it's not dramatic enough
>>
>>387255659
wish there was a blitzball manager game
>>
>>387254193
>Not elaborating on every single piece of the backstory is a pothole.

Man, how the fuck did Shakespeare get away with all the potholes in Romeo and Juliet? He never explained exactly how Tybalt and Mercutio's beef started!

Seriously, how do you even consume media if a non-issue like "an accident happened" ruins a story for you?
>>
>>387255439
I know you're baiting but holy shit that's not what those words mean
>>
>>387255957
rite my bad
let me just train off the edge of the city and accidently start the process of saving the world.
>>
>>387255659
I like it, but it's really simplistic, and really easy
>>
>>387256516
Are you that same retard from earlier stating that any story without a hidden meaning or moral is garbage?
>>
>>387256639
Sally went up the hill

Sally went down the hill

Is that a masterpiece, or what?
>>
>>387256516
Wow Hamlet just walked in on Claudius by accident and assumed he was praying for repentance, leading to the series of events that would lead to mass death in the court.

What a fucking hack, why didn't Shakespeare have him receive a message from a higher power to go there?????
>>
>>387257323
Apples to Oranges, it wasn't at all plausible that Jecht would swim out into the ocean until he reached Spira and then join a Monk, and soon to be High Summoner on a world journey to see the ruins of his fake city.
>>
>>387256639
i think every FF stories are great and do well to reach their standards. it just like some people like shit on FFX's because they know its gameplay and battle system is always better than their favourite ff title.
>>
>>387255659
BLITZBALL IS DA BOMB
>>
>>387253726
You have a valid point that applies to every FF game except X. Really, you don't use your main treat, an apocalyptic flying monster, as a fast travel device between a bottom of a lake and the coast of a distant desert. You don't waste 30 hours of the player trying to get the power (and make a drama about it) to defeat the giant flying monster just to say fuck it, use your airship and attack it with your swords and magic. You don't show the giant flying monster destroying cities and killing people early in the game just to steal it's spot with a bluehaired faggot with nonsensical plans that becomes the main villian for at least 20 hours, villian who you defeat so many times that gets boring, really, Gilgamesh was cool in FF5 but Seymour is saturday morning cartoon villian. Really, FFX early game is amazing and sets a serious and misterious tone to the plot but then it fucks itself multiple times for no reason, this is a game that seriously needs to explain stuff because by itself is just a sequence of uncorrelated and wacky stuff that makes no sense but tries too hard in some cutscenes to be emotional and serious, guess what? As a player I don't care and the story is just a waste of time.
>>
>>387255790
how do you win with that shitty teammates?
>>
>>387257598
That's pretty much just as plausible as Lord of the Flies, A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Oedipus Rex.

You're a moron.
>>
>>387258626
in FF8 you go to outer spaces
>>
Haven't played Final Fantasy X in about 5 or 6 years. I wanna replay it but my PS2 don't work anymore. I guess I'll have to buy the PS4 version but the character models kinda piss me off.
>>
File: 1481409819197.png (141KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
1481409819197.png
141KB, 502x502px
>>387250836

I stopped playing at the last boss.
>>
>>387256091
He gets away with it because of the verse. The bare plot is anime-tier.
In the middle of a story, you could conveniently kill a major character by having him in a car accident. This is plausible. These things happen. But you'd rightfully be called a hack for doing this.
>>
>>387259164
Wow, you went to High School too?

Apples and Oranges, get the fuck out of here with your fucking elementary school stories.
>>
>>387258626
I was very specifically talking about backstory, anon.

There are plenty of questionable writing choices in FFX, but neglecting to go into detail about how Jecht got to Spira isn't one of them. It's like how "wait how is Reeve still helping us right now" is a legitimate complaint but "WHY DON'T THEY TELL US MORE ABOUT ZACK" isn't.
>>
>>387258626
Everything before Besaid was perfect.

I still want my Ico-esque RPG about scavenging the ruins of a flooded world.
>>
>>387250836
Didn't remember that Tidus actually looks kinda Asian.
>>
>>387260136
They only look asian in the FMVs, and then european ingame.
HD collection tried alleviating that and changing the faces but to a very remixed reception.
>>
>>387259829
I'm giving you stories you would be familiar with.

You're talking about FFX and bitching about contrivance in backstories, I cant assume you've read The Brothers Karamazov.
>>
>>387259829
>X
>Not 6th grade reading level at best

Is there any piece of writing someone could compare to it without the claim that it's "apples to oranges?" Surely Final Fantasy X isn't so unique it could never be compared to any other story.
>>
>>387250836
Can we all simply collectively agree this game's a guilty pleasure? It's one of the most fun turn-based JRPGs, but the fucking story and characters are agonizing.
>>
Currently replaying it.
>>
File: 1496584894873.jpg (281KB, 826x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496584894873.jpg
281KB, 826x1200px
LISTEN TO LITTLE KIMAHRI'S STORY
HORNLESS HORNLESS
>>
>>387257598
I dunno m8, Tidus got whisked away to some shitty nowhere island and met Wakka and Yuna.
>>
>>387261259
And why did that happen?

Oh right, because HIS FATHER IS JECHT, AND GAME TO DREAM ZANARKAND ON PURPOSE JUST TO MOVE HIM INTO THE WORLD.

Why did it happen to Jecht, though?
>>
>>387250836
ff 7 and 10 had the best endings desu.
9 and 8 are pretty shit.

8's a little better if you believe squall is dead though.
>>
>>387262323
>8's a little better if you believe squall is dead though.
The devs explicitly came out and said this isn't the case, they also denied the R=U garbage.
Both theories are pure dogshit anyway.
>>
>>387262547
What if Rydia is dead and Squall is Ultimecia?
>>
>>387263182
>Rydia
Anon...
>>
>>387250836
I just know his name and his laugh.
>>
>>387252636
>>387252338
>>387251753
The Fayth tell you in the International version when you re-enter their chambers that they contrived things to send one of their "dreams" to Spira in order to end things.

Yu Yevon lost his sentience a long time ago and ended up just a summoning machine who can't even tell dream Zanarkand is something he's supposed to protect which is why he allowed Jecht to attack it in order to send Titus to Spira.
>>
>>387250836
I really liked how this game's story touched on themes like religion and loss or betrayal of faith. I dont think it ever got any praise for it though.
>>
>>387252037
>game tells you exactly what happens
>i'll never get it!
Is FFX too difficult for you retards to comprehend or something? They could not make the story and lore any clearer.
>>
>>387258727
Switch to manual instead of auto
>>
>>387263736
>themes like religion and loss or betrayal of faith.

finally someone who understand the appeal of this game.

i also like the atmosphere of this game. the whole party tries to keep on with journey, no matter how sad everything is and its getting worse the further
their journey.
>>
>>387263736
And then Yuuna decides to return to Yevon after the events of X-2....
>>
File: 1499626470718.jpg (74KB, 1036x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499626470718.jpg
74KB, 1036x720px
>>387264432
She doesn't though. She's basically an independent contractor and it's up to the player whether or not she goes with Yevon or whatever the fuck the other faction was.

Still a shit game for several other reasons though.
>>
I think 10 is one of the low tier games of the series honestly.
>>
>>387264621
>he hasn't read up on the canon story after Tidus comes back
Yuuna literally goes back to being a Priestess in Besaid and prays to a hole in the ground where the Fayth used to be.
>>
>>387250836
for the longest time I could never bring myself to actually challenge sin and go through the final dungeon once the game opened up at the end, I would try to get all the optional stuff first and it ended taking up so much time and I'd get so sidetracked I'd ussually move to other stuff half-way and forget about it, didn't actually beat it until years later when ran into the last story bit blind and beat it.
>>
>>387255659
If you plan for the minimum amount of games you need for Wakka's Ultimate weapon and sigil and spread that across your playthrough it's not too bad, I've just spent way to much time playing more than I had to.
>>
>>387251026
i played kh and quit towards the end, and never touched 2, is the remix worth it for first time playthru?
>>
>>387267018
Yes, it's basically a vastly improved version of the game with new content.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.