[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt: things that were absolutely superior to the gameboy that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: game gear and lynx.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
game gear and lynx.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
itt: things that were absolutely superior to the gameboy that were available at the same time as it
>>
>Less portable
>More expensive
>worse battery drain
Still waiting on you to fulfill your post
>>
>>387238272
i didn't realize you liked monocolor pieces of shit jut because they were smaller
>>
File: 809820-neo_geo_pocket_ligts_on.jpg (84KB, 655x396px) Image search: [Google]
809820-neo_geo_pocket_ligts_on.jpg
84KB, 655x396px
I wish other companies still made consoles.
>>
Literally anything with a back lit screen. Just seeing the game on gameboy is annoying depending on where you're playing it.
>>
>>387237015

I had a game gear ( alcoholic brother stole it and sold it ) back in the day. The screen and sound were both incredible, but it just didn't have many game for it, unfortunately.
>>
I had a Gameboy and a Game Gear and Gameboy was just better for playing games.
>>
>>387239636
If I can play these "monocolor pieces of shit" on four batteries and have it last most of the day, I'm going to focus as opposed to the competition.

You have to understand, you couldn't just plug in a game and have it for a few days like with modern handhelds, buying batteries added up real fucking quick.
>>
>>387240158
did you at least punch your brother in the dick for that?
>>
>>387239801
This came out when the GBA was already out.

Sure it was good but it had very few games. The exclusive Sonic game was pretty good tho
>>
>>387237015
lol battery life
>>
I had both, the fact that Nintendo kept coming out with more is what kept me with Gameboys.
Although the GBA SP came out around the same time I turned 10 so I didn't have to deal with no backlight for very long.
>>
>>387240231

This. I could play the gameboy anywhere without attracting a lot of attention. I beat Metroid II almost entirely during classes because teachers wouldn't notice it.
>>
File: capsnk-misc05.jpg (188KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
capsnk-misc05.jpg
188KB, 1024x768px
>>387239801
Best retro handheld right there.
>>
battery life doesn't make the actual games any less superior in every way
>>
>>387240352
Are you underage or just retarded?
>>
>>387237015
how ironic that the switch has a shittier battery life than these two
>>
>>387240270

He ended up in prison. No dick punching required.
>>
>>387240782

It depends on the game you're playing, really.

Playing BotW at full brightness gets you about 3 hours of battery life, but something like Shovel Knight gets 6+.
>>
File: 1502799702323.png (21KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1502799702323.png
21KB, 200x194px
>>387240713
Meanto to say "this came out when the GBC with Pokémon was already out"

Still irrelevant
>>
>>387239801
Goddamn, what I wouldn't give for a modern handheld device to incorporate that "clicky" stick style for the analog. That fucker was perfect for fighting games.
>>
>>387237015
had a lynx, was a fun console and vastly superior games to gameboy, but it wasn't really a portable. Also it broke down way too fast.
>>
>complaining about game gear battery life
>>
>>387237015
lynx: crystal mines 2, that game where your dog got kidnapped, the weird alien boarding game with all the random enemy spawns., that 3D sprite shiit submarine game

yeah it had a few good games. it was great hwen it failed ,because the games cost literally nothing then.
>>
>>387241175

Kind of this.

Am I really the only motherfucker who bought a wall charger and rechargeable AA batteries?

shieeet, fuck buying batteries every other day, those bitches are too expensive.
>>
>>387238272
This. Game Gear battery life was terrible and it was impossible to carry around.
The bag to carry it in was practically the size of a backpack.
>>
>>387239636
It's almost as if they made a compromise or something
>>
>>387239801
Man, pretty much every game on that was a gem. Match of the millennium. Card fighters clash. Dive alert. Faselei. Cotton. Biomotor Unitron. Evolution... There was even a Tactics Ogre game in Japan.

It's one of the only consoles I'd care about owning a complete collection of, partly because it's not too expensive.
>>
>>387237015
I only ever had a Gameboy but I never had any good games on it. One time I found a copy pokemon red but some kid came to my grandmas house and asked for it back. I never actually asked if it was really his.
>>
The Lynx was a piece of shit and ate batteries faster than the GG.

And the Nomad is better than the GG for being able to play actual Genesis games and not shobby ports/downgrades.
>>
>>387237015
game gear was fantastic and i never had battery problems because i just used the AC adapter
unfortunately they aren't very well made and tend to have capacitors that leak and break over time, meaning that most old game gears need to be repaired in order to be usable
>>
>>387239636
There's a reason if everyone and their mom had a gameboy and there's people who still call any nintendo handeld "the gameboy" (or even the PSP for fucks sake)
>>
>>387240782
Battery life hasn't really advanced compared to the rest of technology
>>
>>387243075
Yes it has, portable devices just got a lot more powerful at the same time
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.