[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what weapons r u gonna use in monster hunter world?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (30KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30KB, 512x288px
stick to your favourite or try something new? i like the switch axe and the longsword but the new charge blade looks awesome too. so does the new gunlance and the new heavy machinebowgun
>>
Hunting Horn, because it's the best weapon
>>
Why do you type like a child you stupid fuck? Educate yourself.
>>
>>387235365
Fuck off shill, go astroturf on reddit.
>>
>>387235521
>t. mad nintenyearsold
never ever
>>387235365
gun lance
>>
>>387235365
GREAT SWORD FOR LIFE BABY
>>
>>387235365
Fuck I really don't know man. I "mained" switch axe in 3U but sucked major ass, then switched to hammer and sucked ass, but still managed to get somewhere in high rank. I really enjoy heavy hitters, but I'm not patient enough in monhun. I really want to try GS out but I'm pretty sure it's even harder for me. Just end my life already
>>
>>387235435
anon thinks this is an essay, not a 4chan thread
u don't get any bonus points for typing full words fucking nerd go back to ur fucking english class
>>
Never played a monhun game because I don't own any of the consoles it was on

The insect like weapon where you can jump through the air with looks hecking fun
>>
It will be playable at Gamescom right?
What weapon should I use there?
>>
>>387235365
Probably Lance or Light Bowgun. If I fail at those two, then Hammer I guess.
>>
>>387235365
Might take up gunning this time now that aiming is easier. Other than that, I'll wait and see how SnS turns out.
>>
>>387235903
you could try something with a shield then, the charge blade looks promising
>shield
>fast attacks
>switch to stronk, heavy hits with the axe
>charge up power with fast sword attacks and then pulverize the monster with the fully charged axe
i haven't played with it yet (don't have a 3ds) but I'm already in love with it
>>
i played 2000 hours of monster hunter and i never played anything that idnt a long sword for more than five minutes
i already know what im picking up for world
>>
>>387236127
all of them, especially the new ones to test the new mechanics
>>
Is hammer good in MH? It looks fun but I only played the first one on PS2 where you attack with the analog stick.
>>
How many monsters will it have? Has anyone from Capcom confirmed this?
>>
File: HBG.png (934KB, 1237x987px) Image search: [Google]
HBG.png
934KB, 1237x987px
HEAVY BOWGUN
>>
SA is most likely going to be shitty again and the GL has also been bad (except in Frontier and with Brave style). Gonna go full Gunner and practice CB, which is a weapon I always wanted to master.
>>
>>387236127
>>387236550
There aren't any new weapons my guy
>>
Lance, unless Gunlance isn't dogshit this time. In that case Gunlance.
>>
>>387236670
Uh, then it's not really MH5. Having new weapons is the single most defining feature of a new gen, like having new Pokémon.
>>
>>387236609
JIVE
>>
File: 1465389696085.jpg (12KB, 235x212px) Image search: [Google]
1465389696085.jpg
12KB, 235x212px
>tfw no more Aerial hammer
>>
>>387235365
Greatsword all day erry day. Actually, with how much they're streamlining things, maybe I could cut tails with SnS solo. In any case, I'll at the very least start off with GS for familiarity's sake
>>
If I play it, and that's a pretty big if, I'll be using the lance because there's no way they can fuck up the lance. It's just stab, step, block. Even MHX didn't give it any anime flips.

I want to use the hammer but apparently they ruined it.
>>
>>387237131
Literally every platform on planet earth got it except the Vita. This is vengeance on an entirely different level.
>>
>>387237131
RIP Fitz
>>
>>387236670
That would really suck, I am sure they are going to announce one at TGS though.
>>
>>387235365
well, I mean only 6-8 of the weapons are usable so probably one of those. might default to LS, GS, SA, or ISG
>>
Might try bow out finally.
>>
File: IMG_1264.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1264.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>387237131
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1t7CwfvEc
>>
Anything that isn't a shitty Lance. Mostly Greatsword and Charge Blade, I will probably add in the Hammer and Hunting Horn.
>>
>>387236413
Yeah it looks really good, but heard it's very difficult to use correctly. Someone care to elaborate?
>>
>stuns monsters better than the hammer
>cuts tails better than the longsword
>shield is as good as a Lance's, and can sidehop as well
>dps is among the highest in the game

explain to me why you're not using the best weapon in the franchise /v/.
>>
>>387238984
because it's just a shittier version of the switch axe. did have good dps at one point though. but I heard it was nerfed in the X games. Maybe they buffed it again in MHWorld. have they added new moves to it? if not, then I won't even spend time trying it
>>
>>387238984
I don't play games on easy
>>
>>387238401
I'm a 3U babby so I don't know dick about Charge Blade, but if you want an easy weapon with a shield just play Lance. If you can count to 3, you can place Lance - you can do 3 pokes or 3 hops in a row, and mix them up in between, like poke-poke-poke-hop-poke-poke-hop. Press R for shield. That's about it.

>>387235365
Bow, it is the most fun ranged weapon
>>
>>387239205
>have they added new moves to it?
you can roll backwards after the sword's charged double slash, although rolling back after attacks seems to be a universal change now. there's also this weird baseball slide in swordmode where you go into a charged slash afterwards.

other than that, they also showed a hunter going into the ultra burst without having the red shield, but that might be just a result of them not having added the effect yet, or the red shield not showing on the character model anymore
>>
>>387239632
fair enough. I guess I'll at least try it out even if I doubt it'll play much better
>>
>>387235365
Mostly Switch Axe, Charge Blade and Gunlance.
LS when I want to go full weeb
>>
>>387235365

Insect Glaive if it's in the game. That was my favorite thing about 4.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.