[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you remember them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

IMO one of the greatest video series ever and a must-have for PS2 collectors/gamers.

Opinions? Also... Do you see a reboot/Jak 4 or other comback apart from the PS4 version coming?
>>
>>387231814
I play currently the trilogy for the first time (I'm 24, but only had a GameCube back then), Jak and Daxter still holds up, while Jak II aged horribly and is just unfair hard and Jak III improved almost everything from Jak II but it's the complete opposite and often too easy at times.
>>
No, Sony is more into releasing a HD or remastered pack of old games rather than making something new.

Besides, the majority demographic wants their shooters and 3rd person over the shoulder adventure games. The modern market doesn't want oldschool 3d platformers.
>>
>>387231814
I liked the game because Jak wasn't a nigger. Man I hate black people
>HE'S BEING RACIST NEOGAF! kek, niggers.
>>
>>387231924
I agree with you on pretty much everything.
>>
>>387231958
True. That's really sad actually because I really crave for a nice HD platformer which has the movement and is so much based on improving and skill like Jak&Daxter (the first one especially).
Playing the first one is also so relaxing, the music, the beach atmosphere, the innocence.
>>
>>387232467
And then you have the GTA clone Jak II where Jak transforms into a blood thirsty mass murder who don't even care if civilians die while his missions.

Just think away the censorship they does to sell the game to teens, Jak actual kills innocent people during missions, it's almost impossible to not kill them in the missions in the hub world, for example the very early one where you must destroy the 5 machine guns in the city, if you don't kill accidentally civilians, the machine guns will do it.
Jak in Jak II is a mass murder who doesn't care.
>>
>>387232213
r u ok
>>
>>387231924
Jak 2 is notorious for its random difficulty spikes.
>>
File: jak the ripper.png (239KB, 604x345px) Image search: [Google]
jak the ripper.png
239KB, 604x345px
>>387232823
>jak is a murderer

Wow who could've guessed?
>>
>>387233013
oh yes, it is.
I remember taking up to 6 hours to complete a mission or to find a semi-glitchy way around it.
It's absolutely ridiculous and I think it might be illegal to publish games like that today. But it's really goddamn rewarding when you finally finish a nosebleed mission and can attempt the next one.
>>
File: 23454325.jpg (53KB, 557x604px) Image search: [Google]
23454325.jpg
53KB, 557x604px
>>387232882
He's a newfag, just ignore him.
>>387231814
I fucking love Jak & Daxter
Used to play that shit all the time when I was younger, then I bought the trilogy for PS3 and 100% each game
1>2=3>X (Don't get me wrong, they're all great)
>>
As a fan of 3D platformers I was fairly underwhelmed by Jak and Daxter, largely because of how short and easy it was. I appreciate it a bit more now but I absolutely adored Jak 2 for some reason.
>>
>>387233246
Once you get past the waterway mission halfway through the game it's mostly smooth sailing through to the end. There are some bullshit moments when an enemy will knock you off a platform and you're forced to start all the way back at the beginning because nocheckpointslol, which I think is where most of the ideas about the game's difficulty comes from, but there really isn't anything too intense outside of that one mission, though that one mission forced my younger self to give up on the game and later restart multiple times
>>
>>387233013
>that fucking race
>>
>>387233215
It's just funny how completely different the two games are. Except for the jumping mechanics it doesn't even look like they both belong in the same franchise.
>>
>Jak 1
is good but it is pretty easy. easily my favorite of the series
>Jak 2
was meh, the story is retarded and 90% of the time you are spin jumping plus shoot with the yellow gun. i didnt like haven city as well. i know there are side missions like find the precusor orbs and races but they get boring real fast
>Jak 3
just felt rushed, theres more guns but the spin jumping + yellow gun move is still OP so whats the point of using the new weapons? i loved the new town and how it was in the middle of the desert, but thats mostly because i love desert settings. but i didnt like how it was way smaller than jak 2s city. also, i didnt like how a good majority of the missions take place in jak 2. hell, most of the levels were just levels from jak 2 but slightly altered. the story is shit to but it was beyond saving at that point.
>daxter
its a decent game but like most psp games it just makes me wish i was playing its console counterpart. thats just me though.
>>
>>387232823

That's not even the worst part of the game.

The worst part is they intentionally wanted to make a GTA clone and slap on it some elements of what J&D used to be to appeal to a broader audience.

It is by no means a bad game, but it's not great either.

In 3 they took the same thing and made it bigger. So a big map of nothing where you traverse from mission to mission.
>>
File: jak4.jpg (460KB, 1400x770px) Image search: [Google]
jak4.jpg
460KB, 1400x770px
jak 1 is one of my favorite game of all time, i just love the universe so much
it really has kind of a magic touch to me, and i didn't like jak 2 & jak 3 at all (level and character design didnt appeal to me and felt like massive downgrades compared to the first game)

does anyone remember the trailer from the demo disc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xufjHYipgsU ?
the music adds to the atmosphera and hits me right in the nostalgia chords everytime i replay it
>>
>>387234597
oh and btw, keira in the first j&d is an absolute cutie, while she looks hideous with the change in character design in the following games.
>>
>>387233246
What the fuck is with the Jak 2 if hard meme? Either you guys are fucking terrible at games or as a child I was godlike.
>>
File: 1502292885497.jpg (205KB, 1282x745px) Image search: [Google]
1502292885497.jpg
205KB, 1282x745px
I can't wait until the collection is playable on RPCS3.
>>
>>387231814
>Do you see a reboot/Jak 4 or other comback
Hopefully not. I don't trust Naughtydog with the IP anymore and The Lost Frontier was an abomination I didn't even bother finishing. The series should rest in peace.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.