[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shit tier Zelda games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 35

File: tumblr_lw8ad7JZam1r6waswo1_500.jpg (44KB, 422x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lw8ad7JZam1r6waswo1_500.jpg
44KB, 422x445px
I'll start...

Skyward Sword.
>>
>>
>>387225993
Really made me think
>>
File: 1502580562349.gif (77KB, 245x225px) Image search: [Google]
1502580562349.gif
77KB, 245x225px
Skyward Sword is awesome, tightest design in the 3D series.
>>
>>387225783
That's really it
>>
Minish Cap
>>
A link to the past
Link's Awakening
Skyward Sword
Breath of the Wild
>>
>>387226420
>A link to the past
Don't reproduce
>>
skyward sword is still better than BOTW
>>
>>387226420
I take it those are the only ones you've actually played?
>>
>>387226597
ALTTP is the ultimate nostalgia googles game, everything good about it was executed better on later games
>>
>>387225783
None of them.

>>387226420
>Link's Awakening
Fuck you too.
>>
>>387225783
Since open world games are popular right now and Skyward Sword is the most linear Zelda game you will get a bunch of delusional contrarians arguing with you.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1502761151119.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1502761151119.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
>>387226387
>>387225783
Fuck you both those games are great
>>
File: Skywardsword.jpg (40KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
Skywardsword.jpg
40KB, 500x667px
>>
>>387225993
breath of the wild BTFO'd entire open world genre and previous zelda games.
>>
>>387225783
For now, Breath of the Wild. I still need play Minishcap and the Oracles.
>>
>>387226836
It was a huge meme back when OOT released to say ALTTP was better. It was usually done by kids who went from SNES to Playstation and had never played OOT. It has stuck ever since.
>>
>>387225783
Twilight Princess
>>
I know this thread is just going to be faggots shitposting and acting like Breath of the Wild is a bad game, but I'd say Spirit Tracks is up there for being pretty shit.
>>
>>387225783
Zelda is my favourite franchise but I couldn't finish it piece of garbage. Very disappointing.
>>
>>387227146
>everyone in the village barring Link is the result of generations of inbreeding

>>387227246
It definitely has the most actively annoying overworld to traverse.
>>
File: zeldareactions.png (2MB, 1674x2166px) Image search: [Google]
zeldareactions.png
2MB, 1674x2166px
>>387225783
SS is the only true dud in the series
>>
>>387227309
Should try the gameboy games emulated if the controls bother you so much
>>
First and 2nd zelda are the most trash games and thats a fact. Worst 3d game is phantom hourglass
>>
>>387227429
Can it enable me to have the sword and bracelets always equipped with two other slot for items?
>>
I think triforce heroes should also be on that list
>>
>>387227309
How is a link to the past better than a link between worlds i wonder
>>
>>387227561
It came first. ALBW retreads on it too much. That bothered me.
>>
The only good bosses in SS and BoTW are scimitars dude and thunderblight ganon, I wish they were harder though

imo
>>
>>387227504
>being this casual
>>
>>387227309
>Ocarina of Time 3D
The original is better.
>>
>>387227531
when you play with good players, TFH is fun...

playing with "lol i thro yu in hole adn we die XDD" killed the game
>>
>>387227690
And then there's this faggot.
>>
>>387227635
>You're not hardcore if you don't enjoy having your game's pacing constantly interrupted by shuffling through the pause menu every 20 seconds

Are you one of those posters who said that WWHD "casualizaed" the Triforce Hunt by trimming the bullshit?

>>387227690
No, it's not. The framerate and controls are leagues superior and the visuals are an upgrade and overwhelming majority of the time.
>>
>>387227309
I'm pretty sure WindWaker HD was a downgrade from what I played on the gamecube

I'm also pretty sure anyone who likes BotW over Majora's mask is retarded
>>
>>387227770
>I'm pretty sure WindWaker HD was a downgrade from what I played on the gamecube

The Swift Sail alone makes this false

>I'm also pretty sure anyone who likes BotW over Majora's mask is retarded

BotW's Hyrule is much, much, much more interesting than Termina and offers more to do.
>>
Not a massive fan of the capcom games... Fujibayashi is a pretty bad director and writer imo
>>
>>387227859
A friend of mine says the same about botw.
He never finishes any games he plays yet always says something stupid about them. Much like you just did.

Did you also preferr HD for the rewarding puzzles?
>>
>>387228097
>He never finishes any games he plays yet always says something stupid about them. Much like you just did.

Not an argument.

>Did you also preferr HD for the rewarding puzzles?

What?
>>
What diverse opinions in this thread, no wonder every zelda game has some zelda fan pissed at it
>>
>>387227019
yet BOTW wouldn't have been made if not for the successes of the previous games
>>
>>387228220
At least I think most people can recognize that even their least favorites are still good games. That's quite an achievement for a series where every game is different from the others, it's a design philosophy that could easily go pear-shaped and become like the Sonic franchise instead.
>>
>>387228030
SS's writing was garbage, but BotW's was the best since Wind Waker.
>>
>>387228517
>BotW
>Zelda spends entire game questioning destiny only to have her powers handed to her by the POWER OF LOVE
Would've been 10/10 if they had had to find a different way to defeat Ganon instead.
>>
>>387228173
Well how do you want me to argue with you about your tastes.It's your shitty taste at fault for preferring botw's world to majora's mask.

You wouldn't be mad at that one mate that likes his beer warm. You just feel bad for him and his shitty taste.
>>
>>387228654
MM's world is pretty low-tier in terms of Zelda overworlds. It's so compact it feels unnatural, like a theme park. It's not even as good as OoT's, let alone BotW's.
>>
File: Drake+josh_0b7fcb_5291113.png (398KB, 542x413px) Image search: [Google]
Drake+josh_0b7fcb_5291113.png
398KB, 542x413px
>>387228517
Zelda's personality in this game is awful
>>
Guys, guys, guys...
CDi games.
>>
>>387228579
>>Zelda spends entire game questioning destiny

It worked considering we've never seen any Zelda struggling with her powers before despite the fact that there have been others who should have been far less well equipped to do so

>only to have her powers handed to her by the POWER OF LOVE

More like the power of not wanting to die.

>Would've been 10/10 if they had had to find a different way to defeat Ganon instead.

Unfortunately it's been long since established that only a few select methods can kill Ganon and Calamity is presented as his strongest form yet

>>387228654
>It's your shitty taste at fault for preferring botw's world to majora's mask.

How could i not? MM's map is a tiny circular field with small areas in each of the four directions that you need to do the area before it to unlock. It's not even the game's fault because of the N64's limitations, but that's simply how it is. It's like asking the original Super Mario Bros to compete with Galaxy.

>>387228816
Wind Waker will always have my favorite personality for a Zelda, but I liked having an actual loser Zelda from a storytelling perspective
>>
>>387227246
Spirit Tracks has great musics, items, and dungeons
>>
File: link wow! it's fucking nothing.png (3MB, 1920x938px) Image search: [Google]
link wow! it's fucking nothing.png
3MB, 1920x938px
>>387229524
Amen to that. One of my favourite Zelda games, honestly, considering that it was a game for the DS.
>>387228981
>It worked considering we've never seen any Zelda struggling with her powers before
Except that they didn't do anything interesting or compelling with it. I loved the poignancy of the scene where Zelda asks Link about what Link thought of destiny, about what Link would do if Link were only told his entire life that he had to become a swordsman. In light of that, and in light of her own belief in her research over the magic bloodline stuff, I was expecting for her research to pull through in the end and save them. Especially with her comments about the silent princess and the whole "they can only thrive in the wild!" but in the end, Zelda still uses the magic bloodline garbage instead of her own intellect or scholarly prowess, which is what she herself was interested in. It just felt like Aonuma wanted to have his cake and eat it, too.
>>
I imagine all SS haters as 400 lbs neckbeards who can't walk 50 meters without running out of breath.
>>
File: 1389995819575.gif (3MB, 244x156px) Image search: [Google]
1389995819575.gif
3MB, 244x156px
>>387229524
ST Zelda is unironically my favourite Zelda
>>
File: alttp link by a tree.jpg (72KB, 358x336px) Image search: [Google]
alttp link by a tree.jpg
72KB, 358x336px
>>387227093
I had both a PSX and an N64 as a kid, and I preferred the PSX, though I had my favourites for the N64 as well. I played through 3/8 of OoT and stopped after the Forest Temple because I just couldn't deal with it anymore. It wasn't difficult, but I found it boring and tedious, and it didn't grab me the way that ALttP had.
>>
>>387230101
I thought it was good subvertion of expectations. My interpretation is that they wanted to hammer in the fact that there is no way to escape your destiny in the end no matter how much you try to run. It's cliche but I really like that trope. Fits with the desolate atmosphere of the game most of the time too
>>
>>387229524
>>387230225
So ST worth trying?
Was thinking of putting it on my phone emulator
>>
>>387230101
>Except that they didn't do anything interesting or compelling with it. I loved the poignancy of the scene where Zelda asks Link about what Link thought of destiny, about what Link would do if Link were only told his entire life that he had to become a swordsman. In light of that, and in light of her own belief in her research over the magic bloodline stuff, I was expecting for her research to pull through in the end and save them. Especially with her comments about the silent princess and the whole "they can only thrive in the wild!" but in the end, Zelda still uses the magic bloodline garbage instead of her own intellect or scholarly prowess, which is what she herself was interested in. It just felt like Aonuma wanted to have his cake and eat it, too.

Remember that this story is being told in optional flashbacks. It had to be done in a way that would make sense to the player without seeing any of the memories.

It's actually a pretty bleak look at the concept of destiny given that Zelda's attempts to get around her destiny by fighting Ganon with the guardians is what causes Hyrule's destruction.

>>387230397
Yes, the train sections can get dull but are accompanied by arguably the best song in the series
>>
>>387225783
A Link Between Worlds
>>
Tingles balloon fight
>>
File: spirit tracks.gif (1022KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
spirit tracks.gif
1022KB, 500x298px
>>387230284
>>387230461
That's fair. I personally hate the "you can't escape your destiny" garbage, and considering what they said before release, I feel like they should have done something more interesting than "whoops she gets her powers after all," but that would have required something like better writing. Even if her research had been the catalyst for her figuring out how to activate the shrines or the Divine Beasts or something like that instead of "no you can only do it if you're the chosen hero" would have been fine for me. As is, it's just a boring replay of every other Zelda game, but this time it dangles a more interesting story right in front of your nose before saying "nope it's destiny after all!" It only subverted my expectations of there being something BETTER. In a similar sense, imagine a dating sim with a tsundere character who is initially given more depth and you expert them to subvert the tsundere archetype for a fully fleshed out character, only for her to revert back to a boring tsundere in the end. That's how the game felt to me.
>>387230397
I'd say so. If you don't like the overworld travel, then I just suggest skipping the sidequests, as the amount of travelling you need to do for the game itself is pretty low. I do happen to like the train sections very much.
You'll need a mic though, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>387230742
>playing the end of ST with the train conductor outfit
It's cute but you miss the hilarious 'Link's hat gets a stiffy' moment.
>>
File: 1502478782766.jpg (288KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502478782766.jpg
288KB, 1280x720px
>>387230742
Like I said, I only considered BotW to be the best written game since Wind Waker.

TP focused too much on Midna, and SS was a clusterfuck of lore destruction. BotW presented a Zelda going through a relatable struggle with the expectations of others which gave it an edge for me. In particular the scenes with her and the King and her in the Spring of Power are two of my favorite in the series.

However, the absolute letdown of an ending did cement to me that we'll never get anything as good as Majora's Mask or Wind Waker again. Wind Waker's ending in particular becomes more frustrating every time I go through it because in roughly five minutes it presents more compelling themes and concepts ripe for exploration than all the games that came after it and none of those games even tried to expand on those ideas
>>
>>387230742
To add to this, my personal favourite LoZ stories are the ones where Link is just a kid rather than a destined hero. One of the things that drew me to LoZ (1986) as a kid was that, by the manual, Link was simply a boy with a strong sense of justice and courage who had saved Impa from monsters and then gone off to gather the Triforce of Wisdom and defeat Ganon with just his sword and board. I love Wind Waker because Link is literally just a kid who has to gather the pieces of the Triforce himself to be chosen as the hero by the gods. That's incredibly compelling to me. That anyone could be chosen by the gods - that it is within our own power and by our own hands that we can become their champions, not simply because we were born with a Triforce tattoo on our hand.
>>387231220
Oh shit, really? Damn, I'll have to replay it with the guard's clothes. Can you switch them out from the items menu or do you have to go back to Niko?
>>387231253
Oh, yes, I agree with that. BotW was the best written game since WW. I just wish that it had done a little bit more with that.
I'm one of the few people who enjoyed SS as a game and didn't mind a greater focus on story, but holy shit they took a giant shit over so much compelling lore and themes in favour of destiny crap that doesn't even make sense.
TP was all right and I thought the focus on Midna was fine, but I wish that the rest of the game's writing didn't suffer for it. Midna herself is very well-written. That said, there are so many issues with the game, much of which comes down to the fate garbage that was almost laughable at times. For example, the goddesses giving Ganondorf the Triforce of Power just before his execution for absolutely no reason just astounded me.
>>
>>387230742
But zelda is not a tsundere at the end, she mellowed out. She even asked link if he remembered her, I think she wasn't as bitch towards him in the end
>>
>>387231680
>I'm one of the few people who enjoyed SS as a game and didn't mind a greater focus on story, but holy shit they took a giant shit over so much compelling lore and themes in favour of destiny crap that doesn't even make sense.

I'll never forget how excited I was when pre-SS developer interviews said that SS was going to set up for Ganondorf's appearance in OoT. I was ready for a sequence in Gerudo Desert filled with daily famine and death. Instead I got this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV_6kTQ6l34

> That said, there are so many issues with the game, much of which comes down to the fate garbage that was almost laughable at times. For example, the goddesses giving Ganondorf the Triforce of Power just before his execution for absolutely no reason just astounded me.

Apparently he got it at the end of OoT as Young Link had the Triforce of Courage when he returned from the future.

>>387231782
Reread his post, he's not saying that she was.
>>
>>387226971
>T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>387231863
OHHHH I need to sleep, but yeah I mean she did get some development towards the end. I like the "you can't escape trope" very much so I am extremely biased.
>>
>>387225993
Agree on four swords... You can fuck off with the rest
>>
>>387231782
I wasn't calling Zelda a tsundere. I was using a fictional tsundere as an example of how BotW didn't subvert expectations. Rather, I expected for BotW to subvert the now-typical "it was fate all along" storyline that characterised Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Instead, BotW ended up regurgitating "no, really, it was fate all along." It just gave the game a feeling that everything Zelda did was for nothing and that the King was right after all.
>>387232000
That's fair. If you like the "you can't escape it after all," then it would make sense that BotW worked its way to your preference. I find that the writing was lazy precisely because it had so much emphasis and setting up on the question of destiny, down to the very blatant symbolism of the silent princess. It felt like they were going to do something more ambitious with it and then backed out.
>>
>>387231680
>Oh shit, really? Damn, I'll have to replay it with the guard's clothes. Can you switch them out from the items menu or do you have to go back to Niko?
I honestly can't remember, it's been too long. I assume you have to go back to Niko, I don't remember it being a menu option, but I could be wrong. Basically when Zelda regains her body and falls on top of Link, she hugs him and Link's hat immediately perks up while he has a surprised expression, it's really funny.
>>
>>387232197
Man, ST was so fucking cute and made me laugh more times than I can count. I can't wait for them to make more 2D/portable Zelda games like ALBW. I feel like they are more willing to experiment with them because people focus on the big 3D titles nowadays.
Honestly, ALBW has one of the most compelling stories out of any Zelda game.
>>
File: 61414302_p16_master1200.jpg (192KB, 296x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61414302_p16_master1200.jpg
192KB, 296x1000px
>>387232135
>down to the very blatant symbolism of the silent princess. It felt like they were going to do something more ambitious with it and then backed out.

Don't forget that more story content is on the way in the next DLC

>>387231680
>>387232197

You can switch at Niko's house, but here's the scene in question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0zlL-xuyeA&t=2m20s
>>
>>387226387
shit taste

>>387227309
My only issue is Spirit Tracks and Minish Cap should be switched, and Link's Awakening is amazing outside the absolute shit overworld

>>387229524
Correct. Best overworld music pretty much ever
>>
>>387225783
Breath of the Wild
>>
>>387230225
She's the best Zelda, SS and BOTW fans need not apply
>>
>>387227246
>acting like BotW is a bad game

I sincerely hope liking BotW is a meme like it was for shit like Undertale. BotW just feels so empty with all of the """"content"""" just feeling like minor distractions with no real sense of adventure. I can only assume people like this game because it's a Zelda game or alternatively, they're literal Nintendo fanboys who have never played any of the open world games released since 2006 and see BotW as their first open world game
>>
>>387232784
Thanks for proving him right.
>>
>>387232817
Sure. Come back to me in 5 years and tell me BotW is still a 10/10 masterpiece
>>
>>387232817
>>387227246
>someone has a different opinion so its shitposting
>saying him instead of me
you guys are getting worse than LttP and MM fans
>>
>>387232883
>expecting the Zelda cycle to work in reverse
On /v/ maybe, where ALBW is suddenly a bad game.
>>
>>387227309
No it isn't. It's better than both previous 3D games and Zelda II is objectively shit and barely playable.
>>
>>387232983
That wasn't me and that other guy didn't express his thoughts as an opinion, he outright shat on everyone who likes it.
>>
>>387233030
>It's better than both previous 3D games

But I actually like good dungeons, cool items, ad a grand sense of adventure.
>>
Ocarina of Time

yes, unironically, deal with it
inb4 special snowlake contrarian, fuck off
>>
>>387233110
SS has the best dungeons since the N64 days. In fact the dungeons are by far SS's biggest asset, something that TP and WW failed between them. The only good dungeon in either of those games is the Lakebed Temple.
It does lose some of the adventure, I'll give you that.
>>
>>387233112
I agree with you, but can you elaborate on why you dislike OoT?
>>
>>387233110
>WW and TP
>good dungeons
>>
File: soulsborne-700x300.jpg (30KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
soulsborne-700x300.jpg
30KB, 700x300px
>>387225783
All of them. Zelda was never good. Play a real action adventure game instead.
>>
>>387233195
>The only good dungeon in either of those games is the Lakebed Temple.

Lakebed is the WORST dungeon from either of those games.

>>387233251
TP does. WW has the grand sense of adventure. SS has neither.
>>
File: zelda games.jpg (2MB, 2584x1504px) Image search: [Google]
zelda games.jpg
2MB, 2584x1504px
>>387227309
>>
File: 1479119493213.png (194KB, 576x699px) Image search: [Google]
1479119493213.png
194KB, 576x699px
breath of the hueg open sandbox 'we want the underage reddit audience' meme
>>
>>387233086
exactly like the person he was replying to was doing

>>387233112
>ywn be this defensive
>>
>>387233314
>Didn't like OoT, TP, or SS
>Loved Hyrule Warriors which mainly focused on those games
>>
>>387233415
>being a rosterfag
>>
File: Alundra.jpg (163KB, 352x349px) Image search: [Google]
Alundra.jpg
163KB, 352x349px
>>387225783
I have no idea about the shit-tier ones, maybe the ones on the DS?

Best Zelda is pic related followed by ALttP, though.
>>
>>387233558
Not just a rosterfag, but the fanservice in general. Surely, it wasn't the gameplay that blew your mind.
>>
>>387233112
>This game has so much Goddamn waiting
>>
I honestly can't play TP anymore because the pacing is fucked. It's just such a slow slog to play and the "good part" is after hours of tutorial filler and mediocre dungeons.
Same for SS, except with the added useless bird flying mechanic that goes nowhere. At least they made tear collecting fun (unlike in TP).
>>
>>387233607
I like Musou, and the fan service for my favorite Zelda (the first game) was given the focus more than any of those games.

I had more fun with Musou than the terrible direction Zelda had taken once it started more on being the easiest game in the world with the most braindead "puzzles".
>>
>>387233720
>I like Musou, and the fan service for my favorite Zelda (the first game) was given the focus more than any of those games.

Where? It was like a year before we even got a classic Link outfit
>>
I legitimately think Skyward Sword is great and the only Zelda games bordering on bad are the DS ones. The only truly shit tier Zelda games are the CD-i ones.
>>
>>387233314
kys
>>
File: 1487607734548.jpg (76KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487607734548.jpg
76KB, 597x800px
I don't know, but i feel like TP is "too serious".

No memorable characters at all besides Midna.
It also feels too long, doesn't help how serious the game feels.

Maybe it would had been better if nintendo didn't rush WW and added those 2 dungeons instead of inserting them to TP.

>You will never play the Desert dungeon in WW
>You will never know which one is the other dungeon that was supposed to be in WW
>>
>>387233750
The adventure mode, I guess.
>>
>>387234123
>You will never know which one is the other dungeon that was supposed to be in WW

I'm almost certain it was TP's Temple of Time

>Game was a sequel to Ocarina of Time. A temple of time dungeon would make sense
>Dominion Rod functions very much like the command melody
>>
>>387234249
Also WW had past Hyrule Castle and the Master Sword's pedestal was in it instead of being in the Temple of Time like in OoT. Yeah, I think it's likely.
>>
>>387233750
White Sword
Magical Sword
Rod Weapon for Link shoots sonic rings for attack but launches fire when using upgrade attacks
Magical Rod T3 is blue with a round ball just like Magical Rod in Zelda 1
Adventure Mode in its entirety
Gohma, Dodongo, and Manhandla all based on Zelda 1 designs
Wizro's rings are Zelda 1 style: blue is weaker, red is stronger
8-Bit weapons if that's your thing
Classic Tunic

And Linkle's Boots are actually based on the Zelda 2 boots as much as they are Pegasus Boots
>>
Majora's Mask, easily.
>>
>>387234590
>FGO
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: did you know zelda.png (225KB, 301x399px) Image search: [Google]
did you know zelda.png
225KB, 301x399px
>>387234590
>>
>>387234590
What the fuck? I know 4chan is shit an occasionally mixes up images, but an image on an imageless post is a new one on me.

>>387234641
I didn't even post an image, I have no idea what the hell that even is.
>>
>>387227309
>Mild displeasure with ALBW and LA
They're the best games in the series. Kys
>>
>>387235184
I've already explained my frustration with LA making the braclets and sword items that constantly need to be equipped and un-equipped and ALBW leaning too heavily on the original ALttP
>>
>>387235320
ALBW did enough different and the dungeons were completely distinct with the exception of the Tower of Hera as far as I remember. The storyline was also much improved. LA does suffer from GB controls but the game itself is fantastic.
>>
>>387235467
Lorule trying to turn their copy paste of the Dark World into its own thing made the story worse.
>>
>>387235562
In what sense?
>>
File: a link between worlds vista.jpg (580KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a link between worlds vista.jpg
580KB, 1920x1080px
Posting some art to bump the thread.
>>
File: a link between worlds sleeping.jpg (41KB, 763x431px) Image search: [Google]
a link between worlds sleeping.jpg
41KB, 763x431px
>>
File: a link to the past doodles.jpg (76KB, 525x725px) Image search: [Google]
a link to the past doodles.jpg
76KB, 525x725px
>>
>>387236764
I like the developer interview where the artists admit they were so used to Toon Link being forced at them for handhelds they never considered a different style of Link for handhelds.

And then Aonuma burst into the room for the spinoff and said MAKE IT TOON LINK
>>
>>387231253
Majora's Mask was shit though.
>>
>>387225783
The only correct answer is Majora's Mask. Shit story, shit dungeons, shit bosses, shit overworld, 80% shit sidequests
>>
File: 1497256938238.png (1MB, 1277x722px) Image search: [Google]
1497256938238.png
1MB, 1277x722px
Even with shrines you can teleport to, BotW did open world traveling with way too many approaches in mind, which is why it takes for fucking ever to get anywhere in the game because you get stopped by the most mundane shit possible.
There is so much shit to traverse with very little things that are actually worth exploring that it becomes more like a chore. Same with memory hunting. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>387225783
Friendly reminder that if you agree with OP you agree with egofaptor
>>
Pic related is probably my second favourite Zelda concept art of all time.
>>387236986
I want more non-Toon Link handhelds holy christ I'm so tired of Toon Link. At least Minish Cap went its own way with the actual spritework (i.e. blue eyes instead of black), despite Toon Link being used in the concept art.
>>
>>387237559
Reminder that if you breathe you breathe with egofaptor
>>
>>387237917
Found the game grumps fan. Go kill yourself before you waste any more oxygen
>>
>>387238061
You're right anon, I love Game Grumps and it's most certainly not that you're fucking retarded for thinking the only people who dislike fucking Skyward Sword are people who suck Ego's dick

Moron.
>>
>>387233291
>says TP has good dungeons
>says SS doesn't
What are you smoking?
>>
>>387225783
All of them.
>>
>>387238156
If you have to deny you're sucking his dick, you are probably sucking his dick
>>
>>387233267
You mean that action adventure game that wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for Zelda? That game you mean?
>>
>>387226221
>I love using GPS to drive on a straight road
>>
>>387238792
Anon, that's not how Skyward Sword is

Skyward Sword is having a person in the passenger seat repeat what your GPS says while driving on a straight road.
>>
File: fi garnet.png (891KB, 800x1575px) Image search: [Google]
fi garnet.png
891KB, 800x1575px
>>387239296
Have you ever considered just not using dowsing? You can get through the entire game without ever dowsing other than the tutorial.
>>
>>387227309
Gameboy controls what? its a top down Zelda how can you not make that work
>>
File: what did he mean by that.png (902KB, 943x695px) Image search: [Google]
what did he mean by that.png
902KB, 943x695px
>>387239721
>>
>>387233581
The ds games (spirit tracks at least) were GOAT
>>
Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, and Breath of the Wild. Latter 2 are just shitty Zeldas but WW is just all around shitty.
>>
>>387239721
He means trying to turn a four buttton game like Zelda 3 into a two button game.
>>
>>387240504

I need to refamiliarize myself with LA but the Oracles played fine in my experience. Granted, they were also my first 2D Zeldas so maybe that's just my base opinion of them and other 2D Zeldas just go from there.
>>
>>387240673
LA has a few issues, namely that I think the power bracelet and related upgrades should just be constant rather than needing to be equipped/unequipped, and that the pegasus boots/roc's feather should be able to be combined into a single item to perform a long jump rather than forcibly kept in two.
>>387240504
Zelda 3, also, only allows you to use one item at a time, doesn't it? Am I mistaken? At least Zelda 4 and OoA/OoS give you the option of using two non-sword items at a time in addition to make the shield more interesting to use.
>>
File: you come holding a sword.jpg (78KB, 750x1212px) Image search: [Google]
you come holding a sword.jpg
78KB, 750x1212px
>>
>>387227146
What's up with the UI in this screenshot?
>>
>>387243342
What do you mean?
>>
>>
>>387225783
>Skyward Sword
>any multiplayer zelda titles
But even SS wasn't terrible. It was just a boring Zelda game.
>>
File: mah bois.jpg (286KB, 868x707px) Image search: [Google]
mah bois.jpg
286KB, 868x707px
>>
wind waker is zelda for toddlers
>>
File: 1502248667194.jpg (367KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502248667194.jpg
367KB, 1440x1080px
>>387225783
Skyward Sword was the first game that mad me question gaming journalists.
Reminder that this piece of shit got 9s and 10s across the board from almost every major site because how heresy it would be to not give a Zelda title unanimous praise.

It's ugly, and it's not fun to play. Not with Fi interrupting you every other minute telling you something you can figure out by yourself. Not with dowsing existing, not with having to face the same boss 3 times. Nothing about this game is a 9 or a 10.

The ONLY good things I remember about this game is the timestone sections, and the whip dungeon.
>>
>>387247682
It got 9s and 10s because it was good. And you're lying if you're saying the dungeons and bosses, the most important parts of the series, weren't the best in the series
>>
>>387225783

zelda 1
zelda 2
minish cap
oracle games
link between worlds

thats about it
never played breath of the wild so i can't say if its shit tier
>>
>>387227309
>loves botw
>hates ss
Never have I seen such shit taste in my life
>>
>>387248456
But they weren't. The bosses were boring and so were the bulk of the dungeons.
>>
>>387248687
Name a dungeon better than ancient cistern and a boss better than koloktos
>>
>>387248773
Note how I specifically said the only good thing about the game is the timestone sections and whip dungeon. Ancient Cistern is a great dungeon, one good dungeon is not enough to redeem a game.
>>
>>387237378
100% this
>>
>>387248967
weren't there only 3 dungeons?
>>
>>387226420
you should try the best zelda game; the legend of zelda: put your head in a microwave
>>
>>387248967
What this dude is saying is that the game has A COUPLE of shining great points that make the game worthwhile in all of the bullshit that goes along with playing it.

He's not wrong, we're not talking about a broken buggy game that doesn't work or something we're just talking about a game that's dull and doesn't hold up to it's best moments for most of the game.

But I think it's worth it for it's hype moments. The last fight with Ghirahim and Demise made the game for me, easily the most hype final battle since LttP since you have to do more than circle-strafe and jam the A button to beat them. Most ganon fights are boring as fuck.
>>
>>387248967
>one good dungeon isn't enough to redeem a game
I agree. Good dungeons alone don't make a game great.
It also has great combat, the best characters in the series, it's not an open world mess like botw and WW, items are important outside the dungeons you find them in and are upgradable and a great endgame. Also the combat tutorial is skippable, automatically making better than tp.
>>
>Botw
>All Handheld spinoffs
>Wind waker
>everything post OoT and MM

Legend of Zelda games have been shit for a very very long time.
>>
>>387249395
>everything post oot and mm
Nostalgiafag detected. Oot and MM were surpassed long ago, deal with it
>>
>>387249395
>everything including OoT and MM
fixd for ya
OoT was a boring cobbled together mess and MM wasn't any better. In fact it was even worse because less content and the only people who enjoy it is because "muh edgy children's story so deep"
>>
>>387249395
Ah knew I was forgetting one
>Twilight faggotry
>>
>>387249395
>MM is good according to this fag
Sorry to break it to you, liking MM doesn't make you a contrarian anymore. It just means you have shit taste
>>
>>387249342
>Also the combat tutorial is skippable, automatically making better than tp.
But other tutorials like dowsing or new subweapons is not. No matter how many times you beat the game, Fi will still pop up and explain to you how you need to to do X while the camera hard cuts and zooms in on the objective.
>>
>>387249480
I finished OoT and MM last year despite owning them on N64 during my children years and thought they were boring then only to find out they were actually great games

Played every zelda after that to when I was in my teens and hated every single one and even tried giving them a second chance

There shit the only nostalgia fag is you.
>>
>>387249395
MM is a glorified romhack. That alone makes it the worst game
>>
>>387249664
>there shit
>there
Wow so intelligent, you have convinced me to like the totally not shit majoras mask.
WW, TP, SS and BOTW blow it out the water. You'll appreciate them when you've matured
>>
>>387241114
>Zelda 3, also, only allows you to use one item at a time, doesn't it? Am I mistaken?

The sword, flippers, and mitts and are always equipped with one slot for whatever you want
>>
>>387249497
So according to you, zelda 2 is a good game?
>>
>>387250002
Zelda 1 and 2 are the only decent zelda games.
LttP was only okay.
>>
>>387250067
>zelda 1 and 2
Both of them are cryptic messes. Zelda was only ever good on the game and watch
>>
>>387249859
>Durability shit
>DUDE VAST WORLD its a shitty game that is 90% water with nothing to do and waste your time traveling across also that fucking triforce quest. Sucks to because the tech demo looked cooler then the final product
>SS is decent but the abomination artstyle killed it thanks WW
>TP:Furfag the game
>Botw:YOU CAN DO ANYTHING you cant do anything
>>
>>387250152
Compared to ow the edge: the game they're masterpieces
>>
>>387250142
you can fuck off with that tiger electronics garbage.
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING
>>
>>387250152
>>SS is decent but the abomination artstyle killed it thanks WW

But WW has the best artstyle in the series
>>
File: 1450217121716.jpg (162KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1450217121716.jpg
162KB, 1462x1462px
>>387227309
>lol no friends
>>
File: download - Copy.jpg (7KB, 192x184px) Image search: [Google]
download - Copy.jpg
7KB, 192x184px
>>387227309
this is ma nigga
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.