[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Runescape.jpg (50KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Runescape.jpg
50KB, 1200x630px
How do we fix it?
>>
I don't see a problem. It does what it's supposed to and acclaims to.
>>
>>387222394
I mean Runescape in general, as game. I'm not going to post runescape 3 and look like a total newfag.
>>
>>387221204
if it aint broke dont fix it
>>
>>387221204

Can't fix a turd.
>>
OSRS but you can play by yourself with increased exp-gain.
There, I made the perfect nostalgia-fuel game with the added bonus of making the slow tedious shit faster.
>>
>>387221204
Iromman mode
>>
>>387222927
How do you do the exp gain stuff? Game will be worth playing through with that.
>>
>>387222927
you mean /v/scape?
>>
>>387223003
Isn't that like 2x only? Im talking about at least 3-5 time faster. Just enough that you dont want to kill yourself mining thousands of coal or whatever you feel like doing.
>>
>>387221204
You CAN'T fix it.
The majority of the fanbase is nostalgiafags who played it when they were in <high school.
They tried to update it to modern standards, but it FRACTURED the community.

True RS2 is the only solution, and most nostalgiafags wouldn't convert anyway.

In reality, the gameplay is SHIT.
You click a tree.
You click it 1,000,000 more times.
You're max level, yay.
You wasted a month of your life, congrats; now do it again for another skill.

Nostalgiafags refuse to address this.
The level scaling is atrocious; for almost every skill it's optimal to grind on lower-level mats.

There's almost zero challenge since the game runs at such a low tick and framerate.
The combat is uninteractive - click something and wait for it to die.

Fans of this game need to
Literally.
Kill.
Themselves.

It's not fun
It's not good
It's a waste
of your fucking
time
>>
>>387221204
Start by removing all the cucks and SJWs from the dev team
>>
>>387223059
Can't you fix it with WoW quest system and use the RS3 combat?
>>
>>387221204
You fix it by releasing the mobile app already
Fuck I want to play it
>>
>>387223184
Because rs3 combat is any better than wow's?
Because rs3's engine is any better than wow's?

Just play a modern game; quit clinging to your nostalgia you dense fuck.
>>
>>387223003
Maybe if the experience your looking for is weapons-grade autism, sure.
>>
>>387223059
You can tell this guy never experienced runescape before it became centralized on efficiency and meta-knowledge
>>
I'll admit I'm a nostalgiafag, but this universe has potential. I'm afraid a hard reset is in order and the only thing to keep is the map and zones.
>>
>>387223365
No I mean... he's right. I mined an assload of coal and fished too many lobsters in that game. It was a total waste of time I could never accept today. It was fun but I don't know what I enjoyed about it honestly.
>>
>>387223782
Same, fuck these lobsters and fuck Mithril. I could've had a relationship with all the time I dedicated to runescape
>>
>>387223365
I played it before it was even p2p you stupid europoor
Kill yourself.
>>
>>387224484
>europoor
>>
Gas everyone who cares abouf max levels
>>
Aren't they porting this to phones?
>>
>>387221204
You can't.
The game world was great and the quests were well written, but what made Runescape special was the community.
If you break down the game and examine it critically and try to explain it to someone else, it was pretty shit. But that doesn't matter because the game was still really fun to play.
Nowadays, though, online communities will never be as good as Runescape's was in its prime. You have memeing fags that just focus on min/maxing exp instead of genuine people playing just to chill and have a good time. This is the sad truth, a game like old Runescape will never exist again.
I'm just happy I got to experience Runescape in its prime before it went to shit. My best experiences in gaming were in Runescape
>>
Remove EOC
Fix Taverthrope
Fix the tutorial
Make players start in Lumbridge again
Remove the membership fee to give people a reason to buy microtransactions as a free player
Stop fucking making rune armour require level 99 smithing
Make skilling for resources faster
>>
>>387226918
This
You can change whatever you want about runescape to be more like a practical MMO, but it wont change the fact that MMOs don't work without a great community to support them, but now that you can pretty much find out anything about the game at any time, the sense of exploration and accomplishment is pretty much gone without an insane grind to back it up, and this has affected the playerbase negatively. MMOs will never be fun or creative again, they were the product of a time when they were an insane concept.
>>
>>387221204
Change gp to gf and the game if fixed.
>>
File: 1501435443046.png (209KB, 332x339px) Image search: [Google]
1501435443046.png
209KB, 332x339px
>>387223059
Looks like someone got killed in the Wildy and lost all their shit.
>>
>>387221204
Why not just play Albion at this point?
>>
I just got 99 Slayer a month ago and a decided after that to never come back
>>
>>387231071
It's really difficult to get 99 slayer without 99 in anything else. You got untrimmed slayer cape?
>>
>>387224036
had a lot of relationships while playing rs (casually) and even had a gf in high school for around 4 years that actually played rs with me, don't blame your lack of human interaction on this game
>>
What I don't get about this game
Why is woodcutting and mining considered a skill? Seems to me the only ''skill'' you need to do these is brute force.

Firemaking, see petrol. Game has steampunk stuff so it's safe to assume you can just buy some oil, put that on your logs and light any log.

Slayer, dungeoneer, divination are meme tier skills that shouldn't exist at all.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.