[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Persona 3 vs Persona 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: z.jpg (122KB, 900x613px) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
122KB, 900x613px
Which one do you prefer, /v/?
>>
>>387220076
Persona Q.
>>
>>387220264
fbpb
>>
3 ofc
>>
>>387220076
golden
also, why is p3 girl there? non canon characters should not be in canon sketches.
>>
>>387220076
I don't understand this picture
>>
>>387220076
2 but 3 if I had to choose out of the NuPersona trilogy
>>
File: 1474226054984.png (510KB, 604x523px) Image search: [Google]
1474226054984.png
510KB, 604x523px
>>387220076
>The image on the camera is exactly the same as the greater image except the camera isnt badly shooped in
I hate fanart sometimes, Golden is the best, 3 is great aswell though
>>
>>387220337
Some agrees with me about PQ?
I'm really happy right now.

>>387220430
>Complaining about non canon MC's presence.
>When Yosuke is shoved in for no reason.

>Canon sketch.
>When P3MC isn't even alive anymore.
>>
File: 1502723130200.jpg (41KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1502723130200.jpg
41KB, 600x800px
>>387220559
>having an issue with Chadsuke
apologize
>>
>>387220076
>>
>>387220669
I don't have an issue with Yosuke himself, I have an issue with you not having an issue with Yosuke being there.
>>
Every persona in the nu-sona line (3-5) just progressively get easier mechanically
Persona 3 was very difficult due in part to the tough bosses and in part due to the fact that characters other than Door could be controlled. Also the fact that grinding was limited due to the tiredness mechanic meant very strict scheduling and very careful planning on when and what floor you'd choose to defeat enemies for experience. The social links are also the hardest to schedule due to the fact that you are forced to date girls for the max s. link and the infamous jealousy mechanic, meaning that it was damn near impossible to earn yourself any wiggle room in the scheduling for s. link events.
Persona 4 allowed you to control party members, made the early and the late game bosses/mid-bosses very simple and easy, and put no restrictions on grinding making it much easier to plan out the dungeon crawls. They did remove the heal upon returning to entrance mechanic that 3/FES had though in favor of a pay to heal system which balanced things out a bit though. the lack of jealousy amongst the females allowed you a lot more room to plan your social links, which is balanced slightly by the increase of personal stats to raise. Overall, cheesing your way through this game ought to be a bit easier since stats raise rather fast and the social links were less strict.
Persona 5 literally took the easy poritions of 3 and 4 and allowed for easier save scumming. overall the easiest playthrough I've had out of all the 3
>>
>>387220559
It's popular to bitch about the spinoffs, which I thought was silly because Persona is a spinoff itself. I'm actually hype as fuck for Q2. Take Q's fantastic labyrinths, actually balance the mechanics, and spice it up with P5 and you have the makings of something real good, a game that can stand on its own dungeon design without the need of s. links to keep it interesting.
>>
>>387221091
People don't bitch because it's a spinoff, they bitch because the characters were "butchered."
While that is true to an extent, it's also a stupid reason to hate on the game.
>>
File: DG7MDlFVoAQ7S9k.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DG7MDlFVoAQ7S9k.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
I prefer the themes of P3, but I choose the more cheerful atmosphere of 4.
>>
>>387220076
They're both great, but I prefer the tone of 4.
>>
File: 1292319380489.png (98KB, 230x259px) Image search: [Google]
1292319380489.png
98KB, 230x259px
5>3>4
>>
Persona 4 is cancer and shouldn't exist, its fans should be raped with a cactus and murdered.
>>
>>387221584
This is a thread about 3 and 4 but yeah this petty much
>>
>>387220891
My first game was P3 and it was a fucking breeze up until later floor bosses. Meanwhile in P4 I wiped multiple times to Yukari's shadow boss and once to Kanji's boss, and had a harder time adapting to the game in general. I played FES and original of those two.

I agree on 5 though, it was really easy after 3 and 4 but I enjoyed it a lot anyways. More than 4, but less than 3.
>>
>>387221240
Talking about the spinoffs in general, I've seen people state anything with P4 in it is "milking" despite PQ in particular not being solely about P4. Same with the BlazBlue game; it's got Yu in it so it somehow consists of Atlus "milking P4" when Atlus didn't make the game at all. I don't really see the problem with it myself, if people enjoy it and Atlus makes non-spinoffs everyone wins, but some people just gotta complain.
>>
>>387221654
It's just a game dude.
>>
File: Persona_3_protagonist_Elizabeth.jpg (4MB, 2914x3772px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_3_protagonist_Elizabeth.jpg
4MB, 2914x3772px
>>387221584
This.
But we all know who is the true best girl of the series.
>>
anyone that says 5 is best person is new to the series. that is all.
>>
>>387222065

Then why didn't you post Lisa?
>>
>>387220076
FeMC fags are still the worst of these threads
>>
>>387221959
PQ is just 80-100 hours of the same stuff you'd find in P3 and P4, with a whole plethora of new features to mess around with fro Etrian Odyssey.
It doesn't make any sense why it's so hated. P3 fans gets their beloved characters back for another run, and P4 fans get the same cheery fun filled attitude they praise their game so highly for.
Same style of music, same humour, better dungeons, still turn based, same sort of story and an absolutely ridiculous amount of voiced lines. Well you don't have social links I guess, but they're still fairly mediocre in the series.
>>
>>387221959
P4 got two fighting games mostly about its cast and in its setting using the name P4 and a dumb and shallow dancing game though I guess now that point is null and void and not just the one fun if QUALITY-full anime but another really fucking shitty one no one wanted or liked
Now this would all be fine if P4 didn't work so much better as a standalone game without all this terrible bullshit
P3 had some milking too just not as high-profile or international
>>
>>387222479

>Same humor
>Same sort of story

Are you retarded or just didn't play Q? It reads like bad fanfiction and every character except Ken for some reason is just a caricature of how they were in their proper games.
>>
>>387222065
Yea,it's Mitsuru
>>
>>387220076
4 is the worst of the series
>>
3 has Mitsuru and I have a serious attraction to redheads that could kill me so gotta give it to 3.
>>
>>387222630
>every character except Ken for some reason is just a caricature of how they were in their proper games
Did you even play the originals? The characters are barely fleshed out in their full games to begin with, let alone amazing examples of fictional characters.

>Same humor
Yeah. The jokes are very much in the same vein as the main games, even to the point of continuing jokes from the main games as well.

>It reads like bad fanfiction
And P3 and P4 have some massive flaws too. Hell, they even have the exact same set up. The only real difference is that Q doesn't have the Social side stuck on, so the characters can actually reflect their growth into it's story.

And even ignoring all that, it's a spin off crossover game set right in the middle of both games. What did you expect? A direct sequel? A deeper look into the plot? Meaningful character development? You got that one.
>>
>>387220076
3 is still the best of the franchise.
>>
>>387222479
My main problem with Q is how they fucked with some of the characters. Primarily Akihiko who is basically a completely different person.
>>
>>387224358
The biggest and most jarring were definitely Akihiko and Chie, who were mostly turned into gluttons. although the former does have some actual conversations on the P3 side. Dunno about Chie, haven't played P4 side yet. On the other hand I feel some characters were improved Aigis, Yukiko, Ken, and Naoto so it somewhat cancels out.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.