[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens in Dubai, stays in Dubai.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: 20170814115607_1.jpg (1023KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170814115607_1.jpg
1023KB, 3840x2160px
What happens in Dubai, stays in Dubai.
>>
INDIA SUPERPOWER BY 2020
>>
File: 20170808225933_1.jpg (402KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170808225933_1.jpg
402KB, 1920x1080px
would you ship Walker with Senua?
>>
>>387217927

Why would I do that? Where would you even get a ship in Dubai?
>>
>>387217927
>would I ship a man who desperately wanted to help people with a selfish psychotic woman who literally did nothing
>>
>>387218050
but anon... she needs help. She needs a Hero.
>>
File: a good person spec ops.jpg (29KB, 600x303px) Image search: [Google]
a good person spec ops.jpg
29KB, 600x303px
>>
>>387218176
She needs some eternal rest mayne
>>
>>387218774
so, what you're saying is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw&ab_channel=FavouriteWorstNightmare
>>
>>387217409
Who else here can't wait for entire Middle East to become an uninhabitable hellhole that the rest of the world can just forget?
>>
File: 1501387224087.gif (24KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501387224087.gif
24KB, 300x250px
Just started and finished this yesterday in 4 hours. What was thr meaning of it? It was just a boring third person shooter with no upgrades oranything. Just 4 hours of constant shooting. Then at the end it turns out youre insane? Too bad multiplayer and coop are dead
>>
>>387217409
I get story games. I get diving deep into the meaning and subtexts of games. Why not. But this one is garbage. I can't believe anyone actually was effected by it at all. It's corny and hamfisted all the way through. The devs created a mediocre shooter with a Heart of Darkness theme. There really is nothing more to it than that.
>>
>>387219409
I see it happening within 25 years.
>>
>>387220303
Yeah my man. The "cradle of civilization" that has some of the longest continually inhabited cities in world history is going to vanish in the next three decades. So says the internet nazi who can barely his own shoes.
>>
>>387219873

But it's presented in a way that idiots can relate to it. It's shallower than a puddle of urine when it comes down to it.
>>
>>387219562
>at the end
Walker was crazy all along, and snapped completely after the bbq
>>
>>387219873
I tolerated the game but I agree. I quite like heart of darkness, aguirre, and apocalypse now though.

I think the kane and lynch games did a better job of deconstructing the vidya hero complex.
>>
>>387219562
>What was the meaning of it?
criticism of jingoistic meddling in foreign affairs. unlike games which use the characters as an allegory for the player, this game uses the fact that videogames have a player as an allegory for the chain of command. It takes a player continuing regardless of what happens because they want to see how it ends and compares that to an army official refusing to pull-out of a situation they are making worse out of an irrational demand they receive some kind of closure, implying that there is a problem in the military with the people who issue the orders treating war like a game.

there's also some fun fuckery in the game design, like how every level has you descending to get to the end yet you keep inexplicably always have further down to go, somehow getting from below street level to half-way up the city skyline. the MC slowly losing his trigger discipline and his melee take-downs get more and more brutal as the story progresses
>>
How did they even get in Dubai? Did they just walk through the entire sandstorm?
>>
>>387217861
That'd be Mumbai you fucko
>>
>>387221296
oh wow that makes sense
i didnt have to kill everyone huh
i could have just quit the game at chapter 1 and not have to play the game
wow
powerful.......................
>>
>>387219562
the mc goes nuts because he kills the remaining good faction of the 33rd and the civilians they were trying to help. the whole story is utter nonsense because the integral plot point is literally unrelenting magic sandstorms. when konrad tries evac the citizens the storms kill a fuckload of people and part of the 33rd blame him for the whole thing, mutiny, and the 33rd is split into two factions. the cuhrayzees go nuts and rule over the city and the others try to help the few living citizens. but it turns out the cia armed the insurgent civilians to attack both factions so they could send in the gray fox to team to erase all evidence of konrad and gang's atrocities.
>>
File: 1502627340884.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1502627340884.png
386KB, 667x670px
>>387221547
>>
>>387221296
>criticism of jingoistic meddling in foreign affairs.
the irony here is that dubai's elite upper class and politicians all got the fuck out and abandoned the city and left all the poorfags to die.
>>
>>387217409
Dubai yourself a ticket back to where ever you came from
>>
File: tumblr_oozjm6stYO1rmerh9o1_500.png (271KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oozjm6stYO1rmerh9o1_500.png
271KB, 500x666px
>>387221606
thats what the konrad guy at the end was saying right? i shouldnt have continued............ did the devs expect us to give a fuck about some sandniggers and rebel traitors dying lol?
>>
>>387221786
The 33rd you killed werent traitors though.
>>
>>387221786
The sandnigs aren't painted in a positive light at all, they lynch one of your squadmates and you can massacre them without punshiment. Even if you spare them, they laugh and jeer at you.
The 33rd weren't traitors, Walker just assumed them to be because he wanted to rescue Konrad. You're expected to feel sympathy more for your teamates who gpt killed killed, and even for Walker.
>>
>>387221547
you haven't heard the most hilarious part. when you get the pivotal part of the game you HAVE to use the white phosphorus otherwise the game literally spawns aim hack snipers to kill you. not even joking they have 100% pinpoint accuracy and if you manage to kill them the game just spawns more ad infinitum until you give up and use the wp grenade launcher
>>
>>387222170
The number of times this gets brought up I bet the devs wish they'd put the wp bbq in a cutscene instead.
>>
>>387222029
they were they had rounded up civilians and shit and were bad guys and terrorists
>>387222125
yeah i killed them all for hanging lugo rip.
>>387222170
i didnt not try to use it i spammed it whenevrr it was off cs. i saw a whole bunch of civilians somewhere after finished marines and i gased all the civvies too. lol the game trying to make us feel bad ny shwowing some retarded sandnigger mother dead with her child
>>
>>387222539
No the 33rd were split, you killed both sides regardless. The entire point of the game is you're a clean up crew for the CIA. You're working for the bad guys.
>inb4 someone tries to argue the CIA arent bad guys
>>
>>387222539
>some retarded sandnigger mother dead with her child
Could have been tourists.
>>
>>387222125

You missed the point my dude

You know why they're mad - because your squad killed them all, after dumping their water supply. They don't know that Lugo was the best of you three, the one most opposed to what you've done - they only know he's American and he's involved in their doom. It's a little microcosm of how terrorism and extremism spreads in that region of the world - you're certainly supposed to realize that, at the very least, you deserve their rage, even if you spare them.
>>
>>387222628
no im not? we killed terrorists and rebel marines. thats not working for bad guys. walker is a hero even though the game tries to make you feel bad about killing them. it was justified they attacked first.
>>387222689
no tourists through sandstorms im afraid but even so. casualty of war
>>
>>387222424
They could have done it better, really. At point point, you can't push any further, but aren't in immediate risk, either in story or gameplay. It should have been a desperate defense.
Sure then there's really no illusion of choice at all, but for me the roasting wasn't even the most impactful for Walker. It was finding out the 33rd wasn't wiping out civillians, not all of them had gone rogue against Konrad, and those who did were tortured and executed, either by his orders or by people loyal to him.
For Walker, this shifts Konrad from his damsel in distress to the villain, and now he wants to save the day by taking him out.
>>
Oh boy a spec ops thread

These always go so well
>>
>>387219562
>started and finished this yesterday in 4 hours
>4 hours

Buuuuullshit. The game goes on forever towards the end.
>>
>>387222819
>under terrorist invasion by marines
>people come to save you
>lol lets kill them even after them trying to negotiate
>lynch ppl that try to save you

yeah i sure feel bad about the retarded 70 iq arabians
>>
>>387222965
i go really fast and it was probably like 5 hours since playthrough time doesnt count all the deaths time
>>
>>387222989
>ppl that try to save you
>destroy the water supply and doom everyone to death
Literally the point of the game, the road to hell is paved with good intentions
>>
boring game, generic gameplay.
dropped it after a couple of hours.
>>
File: 1.gif (42KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
42KB, 468x240px
>>387221296
It was definitely not an anti meddling message. The people of Dubai exist as a means to provide an innocent third party. The message was to challenge the idea that you are not responsible for bad things that you do accidently, just because you're on the good side or because you had good intentions. After Walker burns the civies, the first thing he does is blame Conrad. The player does the same and blames the game for giving him no other option. The game challenges the player on this notion (that the player is totally above any blame) by making him do increasingly bad things, while the loading screens begin to show taunting messages that say he can stop at any time, just like how Walker could have decided to turn back at any time.

It reminded me of Heart of Darkness. The villian of the story was a general who realised that america couldn't win as long as they kept pretending to be good guys. He saw villiages where the children had all been slaughtered by charlie and knew that the only way to fight that was to go to charlies villages and kill all of their children. The good guys in the film are shown as being either hypocritical or held back by their belief that they're the good guys. Eg, they light up a fishing boat that took a shot at them, then waste time trying to save one of the people they shot.
>>
>>387222917
To be fair I remember one of them some weeks back that was godlike, with even a guy dumping pretty screenshots of the artwork
>>
>>387223592
>He saw villiages where the children had all been slaughtered by charlie and knew that the only way to fight that was to go to charlies villages and kill all of their children
You misremember, but what actually happen furthers your point. Kurtz and his men had gone in to inoculate the village's children with vaccines. When they went back to the village, their men had cut off the children's arms. Kurtz was completely in awe that these men, who had families and children, had the strength to do that. Then he realized two things: The VC were stronger than the Americans, and that they had to be even more ruthless than the VC if they had a hope to win the Vietnam War. At the end of the film, Willard flips through Kurtz's manifesto and happens upon a page where Kurtz realized the truth. That they can't win, and if they want to American needs to nuke Vietnam.
>>
>>387220825
Yazidis predate Christianity and Islam and took a few months for ISIS to wipe them out. Don't kid yourself about how fast shit can fall apart.
>>
>>387223592
>>387224205
>film
>Vietnam
The original book was set in Congo and much earlier. But yeah, Apocalypse Now is an amazing adaptation.
>>
File: 1241351361236.png (580KB, 1272x662px) Image search: [Google]
1241351361236.png
580KB, 1272x662px
>>387224804
Yeah I knew he was talking about Apocalypse Now but forgot to correct him.
>>
>>387218176

She needs an arrow in her throat before she passes her shitty crazy people genes to a new generation.
>>
File: 1502405249324.png (123KB, 506x789px) Image search: [Google]
1502405249324.png
123KB, 506x789px
are you a hero /v/?
>>
>>387223137
yeah we did that but we were trying to evac them we had to send a message
>>
>>387224982
This would make more sense if the tram was on a circular track on the first panel, with only one way off. The lever would be clearly pulled in the second panel.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>mfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B-WvKTeTU4
>>
>>387225141
It should have some switches that immediatly lead to the main track. Only option being stepping away
>>
>>387225060
Walker didn't want to evac, only pretended it was his plan. They get to the radio tower, and for what? He just says a phrase, doesn't rally or plan anything. Then he blows the tower up, needlessly and just for fun. At that point he was just a maniac, he forget even about his original made-up mission of finding Konrad. He could have flew straight to the Burj, but decided to stick around to kill for fun.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.