[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you choose cold metal, over the splendor of flesh...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: us or you.jpg (89KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
us or you.jpg
89KB, 700x525px
How can you choose cold metal, over the splendor of flesh...
>>
I'm assuming this is a reference, but I'm retarded, so I'll take your question at face value. why wouldn't you be a robot? they can do a lot of the same shit a human can do and don't have to worry about petty things like food and running out of time.
>>
>>387216741
mistrust is the tyranny of the individual, your own kind sees you as a threat, why do you murder our unity? No matter, the line is drawn, you will cease to be, it is just a question, who will bring your end? Us? Or you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ6OcZACVzQ
>>
>>387216629
Sorry, I'm not a vorefag.
>>
>>387216629
Nah.
>>
>>387216741
The robots go insane, the flesh is united, gross, but united
>>
>>387216629
>run out of fucking ammo: the level
I'm glad that final boss scales to your ammo count because I went in with 3 fucking bullets left.
>>
>>387216741
Running out of time isn't really an issue when you're part of an immortal hivemind, like what The Many (actually just one) are advocating here.
>>
>>387216741
>they can do a lot of the same shit a human can do and don't have to worry about petty things like food and running out of time
Because robots don't need a power source and don't suffer from material degradation?

>>387221096
>final boss scales to your ammo count
What?

Also I had like 1500-2000 of various rounds on my Impossible playthrough.
>>
>>387221657
>What?
3 shots, on Very Hard, all it took. It's a wee bit broken.
>>
File: 1486510705596.png (244KB, 389x395px) Image search: [Google]
1486510705596.png
244KB, 389x395px
>>387216629
fuck you machines are better
also ss1>ss2
>>
>>387221657
just transfer your "consciousness" to a new robot once the shitty old one gets broke. like buying a new car.
>>
>>387222038
wait a second are you trying to cheat me again
>>
>>387222179
anon pls
>>
>>387216629
I must say I raelly don't like the idea of mechanical or even nanotechnological augmentations.
If I were to be augmented I'd like to be biologically/genetically augmented.

Like if I could see in the dark I'd prefer it to be a shitty night vision with a membrane like a cat instead of a really good night vision but with actual cameras instead of eyes.
>>
>>387222978
didn't Invisible War have something like this?

and yea genetic engineering is a cooler concept. but nano technology based augments like in DX1 aren't bad either
>>
>>387222978
Biological augs is really the way to go.
>>
>>387216629
Nah.
>>
>>387223141
>didn't Invisible War have something like this?
That's the only Deus Ex game I didn't play but if it has that kind of thing I'm interested.

Nanotechnology could make really impressive things but I don't know if the new dangers we would expose ourselves to are worth it.
>>
>>387222978
Biological augmentation is also way way way way way more practical and closer to what might eventually happen in reality.

Taking someone's stem cells and someone's own genetic material to vat-grow perfectly compatible replacement organs and limbs for transplant is a billion times easier than making a machine that could interface with biological systems. Nevermind the fact that organic tissues repair and maintain themselves and all you need to fuel them is just eat regular fucking food.

Unless you go full-on NANOMACHINES SON with self-propagating, autonomous nanite swarms, biological enhancement is the way to go
>>
>>387223343
eh I haven't played it either but I seem to be wrong either way since they're all nano/mechanical based http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Biomods
>>
>>387223343
>>387223536
I enjoyed invisible war. It was better than most console games out at the time. People were just mad that it wasn't a carbon clone of the first game.
>>
>>387224615
Personally I was made that all the areas were 3 feet across and the loading times were 3 minutes apiece, fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>387224686
Pretty much every game on Xbox was like that though.
>>
>>387224739
Really? Man I played a shitload of Xbox games, games like Blinx the Cat or Tomb Raider Legend had fairly giant areas. Or Morrowind. Or Arx Fatalis.

You can blame it on Ion Storm but the same, Invisible War has some real core performance and design issues that mean I'll probably never return to it.
>>
>>387216629
This game would have been much better if The Many actually actively fought over with SHODAN for your loyalty and you could choose which of the two to side with. As it was it was just The Many constantly trying to kill you then calling you dumb for not wanting to die, and SHODAN taking your loyalty for granted because she didn't have the means to attempt your murder yet so of course she was the only one you were going to trust as you had a common enemy at first.

I really want System Shock 3 to go deeper into this aspect or machine vs flesh and give the player option while putting SHODAN in the unique position where she actually has to play nice if she wants your loyalty and not just have it granted to her because the other side is being a dick. Its the only position left for SHODAN to be in after the first two games anyway.
>>
>>387225652
Siding with The Many doesn't really make sense. Your goal is to GTFO and SHODAN is the ticket, while The Many don't want to do that. They don't need your loyalty either, just to get a parasite inside you.
>>
>>387224850
Considering the graphics, particle effects, the ragdolls, etc. It was ok. I'm probably looking at it with rose tinted glasses, but games like thief did the same shit
>>
Any games where you ARE the hivemind? Or at least a small part of it?
>>
>>387228705
Second sight
>>
>TFW no SHODAN or Many route
>>
>>387228705
starcraft
>>
>>387228705
Only game that would fit that would be an RTS type deal. So Starcraft.
>>
File: ants.webm (1MB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
ants.webm
1MB, 400x268px
>>387229232
I'd enjoy playing something like a first or third person Starcraft hive game where you can jump around between the different parts of the hivemind, the workers, the warriors, the scouts or the queen itself to give remote orders or choose different upgrade paths based on the type of material it consumes.
>>
>>387229465
In Men of War you can take control of individual units on the battlefield and control them, TPS style, its completely overpowered and with skill you can basically turn a single soldier into a one man army. Its not a traditional RTS though.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.