[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We can talk about the lore? And how BB is superior to DS.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

We can talk about the lore?
And how BB is superior to DS.
>>
>>387214850
Sure we can. What's your favorite boss, lore wise?
>>
>>387214850
I don't have a fucking clue what Dark souls story is about, something about igniting the fire or some shit

Compare that with Bloodborne, in which I have an extensive knowledge of the lore, from how byrgenworth was founded to the formation of the hunters dream. I've learned more studying BB lore than in high school history classes. I could write a book explaining the games plot if I could.

Dark souls is just boring medieval shit in comparison
>>
amydala a btich
>>
File: 1493357006045.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1493357006045.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>>387215650
>I could write a book explaining the games plot if I could.
>I could
>if I could
L
>>
>>387215650
Nobody knows.
Everyone has a different story interpretation. Personally I played DS without knowing what the fuck was going on.
>>
File: Bloodborne weapons.png (1MB, 1800x813px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne weapons.png
1MB, 1800x813px
>>
>>387215650
Miyazaki is a fucking hack, his games have no story.
>>
>>387215897
He is the opposite Kojima.
>>
What Lore?
>>
>>387215784
Exactly. They are trying to make people believe that their lazy hack of a story is somewhat of a cohesive masterpiece, and people actually buy that
>>
>>387215983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmvYgwbTHOo
>>
>>387215983
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5acskAT_2t062HILImBkV8eXAwaqOj611mSjK-vZ8/edit
>>
Couldn't give a rat's ass about the story but I do like the visual component of these games. Bloodborne's a bit on the samey side across the board but the whole "Victorian Gothic with a Lovecraftian spin" vibe holds water for me throughout. Don't know if I'd put it above Demon's but I do like it more than Dark 1/2. Still haven't played Dark 3.
>>
BB is literally a rip off of DS

It's formulaic and devoid of life, made solely to make a quick buck

It's like the FFXIV of RPGs
>>
>>387214850
Muh lovecraft muh reddit game
>>
>>387216490
>MUH LOVECRAFT
>>
File: 1502047741733.png (49KB, 770x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1502047741733.png
49KB, 770x1025px
>>387216553
At least use good bait.
>>
I'm currently playing it and I'm not done yet, but I like how BB lore is exposed through gameplay alone, only sometimes being complemented by short tidbits of information found in descriptions/notes. It leaves a lot to interpretation and to the player to reconstruct. It creates a sense of mystery, while also maintaining in the player a lingering interest in the background of the world you play in without smothering you with endless exposition, cinematics or reading.

Sure, it has the issues of being sometimes confusing or random, but I think it fits the whole dream/all-of-this-is-beyond-your-comprehension theme pretty well.
>>
I've been playing games since the mid 80s and BB is honestly my favorite game I've ever played. It's not the best at many of the things it does well, but it's so fucking brilliant and comes together in such a marvelous way no other game I've played quite compares.

For the lore, I think that while the Dark Souls trilogy tells a more engrossing plot over the span of multiple ages, and DeS had a really poignant smaller story, BB doesn't really have a very interesting main plot. That said, the lore is a lot more interesting and detailed than the other games. It's fucking phenomenal and the way it all is still kinda up to player interpretation while having multiple meanings that do seem to not fully contradict each other is pretty great.
>>
>>387216609
Thoughtful post, thank you anon
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.