[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Video game redpills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1496898421490.jpg (71KB, 734x707px) Image search: [Google]
1496898421490.jpg
71KB, 734x707px
No backwards compatibility is just a ploy to get you to pay for the same game twice.
>>
Thats hardly a redpill, more like obvious fact.
>>
>>387213528
it's not like you loose your old copy and console when a new one releases
>>
>commercial product is released with the goal of making money
Blowing my mind here senpai
>>
>>387213528
oh fuck, my wii just destroyed my ssb melee disc, now i have to download it off the shop channel
sony is based for not jewing me out of my $$$ by making the ps4 not backwards compatible so i have to buy psnow to play ps3 games on my ps4 with massive input delay, thanks sony
>>
AAA publishers know what they're doing. They'll say otherwise but the goal isn't to make a good game, or even one that'll have a long shelf life. No, the goal is to maximize up front sales, to squeeze out as many sales as they can in those first couple of months through marketing and shiny graphics. It's all about reading trends, executing a formula, and pandering to the lowest common denominator. And they are very, very good at this. AAA publishers know how to make money, and they know how to exploit this medium to make money.
>>
File: 1464675579388.jpg (15KB, 180x157px) Image search: [Google]
1464675579388.jpg
15KB, 180x157px
Working in the game industry is just as shitty as working anywhere else, only you get paid less.
>>
>>387213572
Well the term means revealing a reality in a very frank manner, and without much allusion to it beforehand. Like how in the Matrix, where talking it makes you see that you're in a computer program and it's so crazy that people can't believe it at first.
>>
>>387213528
The true redpill is that not releasing a game on an open platform is just a ploy to get you to pay for the same game forever.
>>
>>387213528
Piracy is illegal and wrong and emulation is piracy and should be punishable by law.

If you are saying it's so you can play an old game then just play the versions officially released by companies. If the game is no longer available then too bad. Emulating is wrong.
>>
>>387216185
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/misinterpreting-copyright.html
>>
rpgs are chore simulators
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.