[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: games that should get a sequel I love Quake 2 too but it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: quack.jpg (129KB, 288x334px) Image search: [Google]
quack.jpg
129KB, 288x334px
ITT: games that should get a sequel

I love Quake 2 too but it is to Quake as Prey to Prey.
>>
>>387211906
I'd love a single player Quake reboot/sequel like D44M focused more on lovecraftian themes like the original game instead of stroggfaggotry.
>>
>>387212412
Exactly. I want more scary quake. My greatest wish is that everything would not look shader-y and reflective and shiny. I want that gritty rust feel.
>>
>>387211906
You mean you love Quake 2 too but it is to Quake as Thief to Thief?
>>
>>387212551
More like Tomb Raider to Tomb Raider
>>
>theme song lyrics: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5Jvr2Fp48
>>
File: IMG_0243.png (1MB, 816x1162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.png
1MB, 816x1162px
>that cliffhanger in The darkness 2
It still fucking irritates me
>>
>>387212551
Quake 2 was originally a different game but they decided to put it under Quake branding. Same as Prey 2016 - It was developed as a completely different game before they received Prey licence and decided to slap it on. It's a lot more complicated than I described but the basic fact stands.

>>387212710
What was the deal with final boss music? It was just calm explory music, a bit underwhelming. Or was it a bug in my build?
>>
>>387212745
I really need to play this. So happy that there's still a ton of good games I haven't played. I mean I just beat quake a week ago.
>>
>>387212745
>the first game is still not on PC
Now that's irritating. I've heard the series being praised, but I can't start with the sequel.
>>
File: DINOCRISIS.jpg (100KB, 871x851px) Image search: [Google]
DINOCRISIS.jpg
100KB, 871x851px
Dino Crisis 2.
>>
>>387212867
>but I can't start with the sequel.

why_i_haven't_played_nier_automata.jpg
>>
>>387212952
Automata is so far removed from the original NieR it could have been a separate game entirely.
But you still wouldn't get the full experience without at least reading the summary of Taro's fucking YoRHa stage play.
>>
File: quake end screen.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quake end screen.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>387212776
only 10 tracks in total and maybe you labelled them wrong when you put it in the folder? Ol Shrubby is a short, shitty level anyway
>>
File: End-of-Episode-3.jpg (393KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
End-of-Episode-3.jpg
393KB, 800x600px
>>387213095
Who was the writer behind Quake?
>>
>>387211906
Dusk is about to release, but as someone that has beat the beta, it has more to do with Blood than Quake atmosphere-wise. The movement and some of the weapons definitely take inspiration from Q1 too, and there's advanced movement in the form of some very simplified bhopping (think Painkiller style)

Quake's atmosphere isn't easily reproducible because it was literally the subproduct of morphing an Action RPG into a shooter late into the project. Most people would think finding a grenade launcher in a flooded dungeon would be bad design (why would it be there, it clashes, etc.), in Quake it became a charming idiosyncrasy
>>
>>387212886
But there was a third one.
>>
>>387212776
>Same as Prey 2016 - It was developed as a completely different game before they received Prey licence and decided to slap it on.

That's not what happened, Bethesda just told them they wanted them to make a game with the Prey license and they could do whatever they want with it, so that's what they did.
>>
>>387212745
I get so pissed off remembering that cliffhanger.
>>
>>387213283
Watched GGmans review and he praised it to high hell but only thing concerning me is it looks too easy, which he addressed.
>>
>>387213223
Romero wrote the original "design" of a vague as fuck idea of some warrior with a hammer, as for that actual text, idk, Tom Hall was long gone by that point but it comes off as his style
>>
>>387213541
The main difference is that the exploration is not on Quake's level. It definitely feels more railroaded, and most secrets are really, really easy
>>
>>387212867
Honestly you should just do it. Both games are exceptionally different in gameplay. You're honestly not missing much. The only story element that is carried over to any somewhat important degree is your gf
>>
>>387213789
>your gf
That's the most important part from what I know.
>>
File: 1038609687.jpg (17KB, 200x282px) Image search: [Google]
1038609687.jpg
17KB, 200x282px
>>387211906
you know you want it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.