[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game has moral system >good path is rewarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: worf_s3.jpg (525KB, 739x1117px) Image search: [Google]
worf_s3.jpg
525KB, 739x1117px
>game has moral system
>good path is rewarded
>>
File: 1469500048182.png (145KB, 314x371px) Image search: [Google]
1469500048182.png
145KB, 314x371px
>>387210848
>game has moral system
>good path is rewarded with XP
>bad path is rewarded with gold\gear
>>
File: 1500867048757.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1500867048757.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>387210848
>game has good path
>not directly compensated or awarded
>game has evil path
>directly gain a reward of monetary compensation, gear or character power
>>
>game has a moral system
>get punished if you have reasonable center morals
>>
File: vreenak-fake.jpg (20KB, 538x424px) Image search: [Google]
vreenak-fake.jpg
20KB, 538x424px
>Game has honor system
>Your enemies have no honor
>>
>game tricks you into taking the evil path
>>
>>387210848
Remember when Worf was crushed by boxes and became paralyzed? Good times.
>>
>game has a moral system
>it's 100% good and evil choices with not a single thought put in other than "do you want to murder everyone"

If a game has a "system" for morality, it's not going to be good, the best system is just having your choices effect the story not labeling them with good and evil points
>>
>>387211572
They were actually plastic drums. I just watched the episode a week ago.
>>
>>387212394
Same thing
>>
>>387210971
what? why? dont you need both?
>>
File: 1487157280603.png (164KB, 469x198px) Image search: [Google]
1487157280603.png
164KB, 469x198px
>allow your paladin group leader to decline rewards for XP
>send him off screen while the rogues take the rewards from the quest giver's corpse
>>
>>387212492
Clearly not, mong.
>>
>>387211441
>game has honor system
>honor does and means nothing
>honor is just an arbitrary score that means nothing to anyone
>>
File: absolutely.jpg (84KB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely.jpg
84KB, 400x247px
>Bad choice gives you strongest weapon in game
>There's no one left to use it on worthwhile
>>
>>387210848
>game has moral system
>good path is harder with less rewards
>evil path is easier with better rewards, gear and XP.
>>
I've never watched Star trek but I enjoy hearing stories about it.
>>
>>387215808
name one (uno) game that does this
>>
>>387216209
original fable, not really, but if you go full evil you get a good sword, so meh.
>>
>>387216264
i dont remember fable having better rewards for being evil or making the game easier

also this guy already posted about fable >>387213821
>>
>bad path is easy mode because you take money for everything you do, just kill everyone between you and your goal and steal everything instead of buying it or obtaining it through fair means
>good path is hard mode because you refuse to take payment for good deeds, spend money/items on those in need ans do everything the legal way
>>
>>387216436
yeah that's what I meant, the sword when you kill your imouto, if you played the lost chapters though, you'll get to use it.
>>
>>387216461
Which game? I haven't played a game where the bad path is easier yet.
>>
>True end that has everyone happy and the main villain actually killed off for good is hidden behind some non obvious choices you have to make in combat and previous routes and starts with a hard boss rush before you can even get consumables
God damn it WOTS4. Still that fucking unarmed fight was actual bullshit fuck grinding unarmed.
>>
>>387211429
>he thinks being a centrist is moral
>>
>Roleplaying an evil character
>Pretend that I want to join some good organization
>Suddenly get locked into the good path with no option to betray them
>>
File: forteresse-noire-1983-01-g.jpg (67KB, 732x693px) Image search: [Google]
forteresse-noire-1983-01-g.jpg
67KB, 732x693px
>good path never once causes inconvenience to the player because character won't break moral code thus causing certain avenues to be cut off
>bad path never once causes other character to try to stop you or allows you to dip into actual self-serving evil
>>
>>387217350

>Trying to do that fight on harikiri mode

It will literally make you want to do harikiri.
>>
>good choices unlock content, such as new quests, party members, and abilities
>evil choices award you a pittance of gold that a good character could farm in 10 minutes

Also
>taking hours out of your day to find some dude's missing cat when there's a cosmic villain about to murder everything soon and you're the only ones who can stop them is a 'good' choice
>>
WORF DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
File: Fuck those guys.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck those guys.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>Game has moral system
>the "good guys" do everything wrong and guilt trips the main character to help them
>everything works out for them despite them doing blatant evil acts and are just rewarded instead of being punished
>>
>>387218445
>>taking hours out of your day to find some dude's missing cat when there's a cosmic villain about to murder everything soon and you're the only ones who can stop them is a 'good' choice
But you canonically have time to do so and still save the world.
>>
>>387218490
besides job all the time before going to ds9
>>
File: 314887.png (889KB, 756x715px) Image search: [Google]
314887.png
889KB, 756x715px
Is Deep space9 any good? I just finished all the original and TNG movies/series and just started with DS9 but the captain is so damn unlikable and bland.
Does it get any better later on? Because the first few episodes have not been that great.
>>
>>387218827
Nah, just watch Voyager instead.
>>
>>387218827
It gets better and Sisko gets better it's widely regarded as one of the better series.
>>
File: sisko.png (159KB, 700x674px) Image search: [Google]
sisko.png
159KB, 700x674px
>>387218827
the first season is pretty hit and miss, though i found it to be better than tng's first season but it picks up around mid season 2.
>>
>>387218827
It gets better around the war starting. Overall I liked TNG better. Outside of Quark and Odo I didn't care much for the characters. Quark and Odo were top tier characters though.
>>
>>387210848
Moral systems in games are always so fucking SHIT

"Uh you can do the evil thing to get some shitty material benefit, or you can do the good thing to get a shitty handjob from the story"

That's boring as fuck. Or you get, veeery slightly better,

"Uh well you can do this thing -- BUT IT HAS A DOWNSIDE! Or you could do THIS thing -- BUT IT HAS A DIFFERENT DOWNSIDE!"

I want moral systems which are about straight-up different morals. Where you can at least understand why someone might pick any of them. Like if one of the paths is a commie one, show rage at the system which is trapping you and your family and friends. Or if it's some Nazi shit, show the cultural segregation and the degeneracy and the rich who seem to not care about you.

FUCK
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.