[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this ever come out for anything other than ps3, even ps4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg (18KB, 294x339px) Image search: [Google]
Mgs4us_cover_small.jpg
18KB, 294x339px
Will this ever come out for anything other than ps3, even ps4 or pc would be better
>>
>>387209808
I would rather play on PS3. Those black fuckers will be available for years.
>>
I wish
but since PCS3 is a thing now, we just have to wait
>>
File: 1471360818415.png (78KB, 179x257px) Image search: [Google]
1471360818415.png
78KB, 179x257px
>>387210419
those black fuckers huh?
>>
>>387209808
PS4 version would be nice with the online mode, but since Konami left the gaming industry for good it won't happen.
>>
>>387210547
/pol/2.0 works like clockwork.
>>
Nope, the way it's designed is apparently a nightmare/not worth the time to try and port. I think it's the same story with RDR for Pc, you'd essentially have to remake the game from the ground up
>>
>>387209808
the engine was made specifically for the PS3 architecture, in it's earlier days too, and it has in game PS3 references.
SO PC will never happen and I doubt they will remaster it for the PS4 even if they could.

Just buy a PS3, who doesn't have multiple consoles ffs.
If you have PSN you are accumulating 2 games per month for the PS3 anyway.
>>
>>387211527
Most people are retards, and throw away old consoles once the new ones come out.
>>
>>387212331
I used to do that because I was a poorfag.
Now I have 4 consoled.
Though I would have got rid of my 360, just I have so much digital content it wasn't worth selling.
I still play my PS3, got a massive backlog of games to play too
>>
>>387211527
>SO PC will never happen and I doubt they will remaster it for the PS4 even if they could.
This is a retarded statement. MGS1 found it's way on Nintendo with PSX references replaced with Nintendo ones, MGS3 found it's way to Xbox and 3DS, even though it originally had Snake vs Monkeys and Peace Walker and MGSV found it's way to Xbox and PC despite Walkman and MSX references.
>>
>>387212624
You are a cool guy, anon.
>>
>>387209808
How much would it cost to buy the IP?
>>
File: {MAXIMUM AUTISM LEVELS].gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
{MAXIMUM AUTISM LEVELS].gif
2MB, 388x218px
I played this on my PS3 again about 2 or 3 years ago. It's not worth it. Just watch the movie online over the course of a few days.
>>
>>387212648
>MGS1 found it's way on Nintendo with PSX with references replaced with Nintendo ones
They remade the game from scratch, psx references were not replaced, nintendo ones were added, thats why the twin snakes has never been released on other consoles.
with all those nintendo references it never will.

>originally had Snake vs Monkeys
ape escape mini game, isolated and gone from ports, just like MGS2 skateboarding for licensing issues.

>despite Walkman and MSX references
MGSV has a walkman in it, it's multiplat, there is a difference between them talking about old games, advertising irl products compared to MGS4 having entire dialogues about the PS3, it's blueray drive, the six axis controller, a copy of an irl PS3 in the game and entire mechanics built around the controller. Then as I said the engine was built specifically for the unique PS3 architecture, it will never be ported.
emulation is your best luck.
>>
>>387213082
I would gladly buy Twin Snakes over MGS1, but all those Matrix level cutscenes with Snake dodging bullets in real time are ridiculous even by MGS standards (for games without cyborg Raiden in them), and ruin the experience.
>>
>>387214058
desu senpai MGS2 mechanics ruined twin snakes anyway, it was poorly implemented and the levels and boses were not supposed to be done that way.
I could cheese raven so easy with first person.
>>
>>387212331
>still have super nintendo, ps2 (x2), ps3 (x2), gamecube
>only lost my vectrex because family was stupid and threw it away while i was gone
i'll miss that vectrex, screen slides was a stupid gimmick that was really fun to show friends while real drunk
>>
>>387215205
I'll never know what it's like to play drunk with friends because I don't drink.
>>
>>387215302
it's a good idea not to drink. i'm trying to stop, because of a serious genetic predisposition to alcoholism. i also see the signs of it when i drink, and i've had a few bad months of it already. i almost never drink anymore, but i've moved on to other, less harmful substances. trying to ween off of those too, but it's a process.

even if you don't drink i would highly recommend psilocybin mushrooms at least once. do it with friends though
>>
>>387216181
I don't need drugz to open my mind.

And you can change your "genetic predisposition" with your mind.
>>
>>387209808
I hope so. I just went and bought a PS3 and this game after seeing topics about how insane it is.
>>
>>387216860
>you can change your genetic predisposition with your mind
fucking social constructionists. when sober you willfully not drink alcohol, yes. once it starts to hit is when it makes difference. i hate to sound like that faggot, but you really wouldn't know unless you had it.
>I don't need drugz to open my mind.
i mean, fine by me. but mushrooms are even recommended by academics. an experience with psilocybin can cause a measurable increase in trait openness, that is still measurable over a year later. using altered states of consciousness to better understand your reality is a high risk high reward strategy. some drugs are higher risk than others, and mushrooms are low risk with a fairly high reward. i would say they are worth doing once if you trust yourself.
>>
>>387217418
Well, less social constructionist, more like occult and magic and belief shit.

>videogames
>>
>>387218245
>i'm gonna say a few words under a particular lunar phase while wearing special garments and suddenly i will have the ability to resist alcohol once under the influence and i won't get serious withdrawal for the next few days after a night of drinking
yeah, it's a strawman. fuck you and your occult bullshit. it's not happening. there are limits to willpower. with the psilocybins i also recommend a turn to objectivism.

anyways, to answer >>387209808 the answer is no. there are far too many gun, product, song, model, etc. licenses they would have too obtain, as well as do a huge overhaul on the architecture of the game. it does not pass even a very basic cost/benefit analysis. plus like others mentioned in this thread, they mention that it's on ps3 in mandatory calls/cutscenes. it just is not happening.
>>
>>387209808
Stop fucking encouraging ports from literally one fucking generation ago. This meme needs to die

Also, MGS4 is not a good game.
>>
It belongs on a DVD because it is pretty much a movie
>>
>>387218941
>This meme needs to die
You mean this meme needs to be wiped from the face of the earth?
>>
>>387217362
have you played the others first?
>>
The Sony boss made up some bullshit. He said that people ask for backwards compatability but never use it. He completely fails to grasp that even if people don't use it, the fact that they ask for it means it's a plus for them if you implement it. MS knows this, which is why they put it into the Scorpian.
>>
>>387217362
Good choice, you can play mgo2 with it, the official server is dead but you can play using this method

https://savemgo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=4423#p4423
>>
>>387219167
I agree with you that it's a bullshit excuse to say that no one uses it therefore no one wants it, but in the case of the PS3 the hardware was extremely different in almost every way to modern architecture. I knew from the very beginning that unless Sony managed to make CELL processors the norm the likelihood of proper backward support in the future without actual hardware is little to none.

Also Sony did realize this and have (for several years now) been running it's streaming service to account for that. But of course it's pretty expensive and many titles aren't available. Hopefully with time both of those issues will be fixed.
>>
>>387221806
I feel like Sony may eventually, soon, replace the PS3 game on PS+ with a single game via PSNow, maybe rotating out with less frequency. Lets people trial the service without ruining its overall value
>>
>>387209808
Keep it on PS3.

The closer it is to being on a dead console the better
>>
>>387211428
if red dead can run on a 360, it can run on pc
rockstar just doesn't give a fuck
>>
>>387209808
As far as I remember, similar to RDR, the code is a mess and then it's specify for the PS3, which makes it even more of a horror to translate that to a PC or PS4, they must rebuild and programming the whole game again.
>>
>>387212901

To be fair, it's worth playing for one playthrough. I tried playing it again one time, and it bored me to tears.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.