[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT? WHEN THE FUCK IS IT? WERE THEY EVER EVEN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

WHERE THE FUCK IS IT?
WHEN THE FUCK IS IT?
WERE THEY EVER EVEN WORKING ON IT?
HOW IS THERE NO INFORMATION ABOUT IT FROM VALVE?
WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST HAVE RELEASED ANOTHER EXPANSION LIKE EPISODE 1 AND 2 AND NOT BEEN RETARDED?
>>
Just wait until e3
>>
I rather have a Portal VR game. I would puke to death, but it would be awesome.
>>
>>387208257
This kind of long waiting game has both killed expectations but also set them impossibly high
>>
It's become clear to them that they don't need to make new games to rake in mountains of cash. So why would they?
>>
When was the last time Valve even made a game?
>>
>tfw there's no chance of HL3 being any good now
you know what i'd like though? a mod that would merge all of the HL2 campaigns into one

call it HL2: Complete
>>
Sorry bro gotta get that cosmetic $$$$$
>>
>>387208345
Which E3 though?
>>
>>387208257
>2030
>Valve releases Half-Life 2: Episode 3
>it's shorter than Half-Life 2: Episode 1
>it can be beaten in 2 hours or less
>Valve announces Half-Life 3 to be released in 2050
>>
>>387208365
Just play Portal using your VR headset.
>>
File: 1370913096576.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1370913096576.gif
486KB, 475x347px
>>387208420
The expectation excuse is such a load of bullshit. Nobody is expecting it to be the greatest game of all time man, people just want to play a good sequel that provides some conclusion to the story instead of being left frustrated and blueballed for a decade. Valve are just lazy cowards at this point.
>>
What did you guys think of Lost Coast?
>>
>>387209502
This. I don't give a fuck about it being groundbreaking or whatever. All I want is a solid 10 hour single player campaign that concludes the plot and ties up loose ends.
>>
>>387208257
>he still thinks Valve is working on HL3

You poor soul
>>
>>387208257
It's a lose-lose to make it at this point.
Not only is it impossible to live up on the expectations, it will also put an end to a 10 year old meme that's basically free marketing for them.
Financially, there's no reason to do it either, they're swimming in cash from steam and hats.
>>
File: somuchtimewasted.png (492KB, 939x1105px) Image search: [Google]
somuchtimewasted.png
492KB, 939x1105px
>>387211220
half life sucks
>>
Half-Life 3 should never be released.

It's better to wonder what could have been when nothing Valve releases can possibly live up to the years of expectations that have been building.
>>
File: 1374236457029.png (194KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1374236457029.png
194KB, 500x500px
Answer this: Why on earth should they spend resources on creating a 20h single player game that doesn't generate additional revenue with micro-transactions?
>>
>>387211958
>somuchtimewasted.jpg

Yeah, I wouldn't spend 1.9 hours in PUBG either
>>
>>387212141
i kept it at exactly 1.9 hours for refund
>>
>>387212018
well they'll generate mods with it if they do it right.
but yea, they can't do it right. they already got burned with half-life 2 playtesters.
listening to the developer commentary is so depressing.
>>
>>387211383
Freeman defeats the aliens and breaks free of the Gman. I just saved you like 40 bucks and 10 hours. You're welcome
>>
>>387211220
it's literally "hey we have HDR"
>>
>>387212282
i was listening to some portal ones and holy shit i think their playtesters are some of the least intuitive human beings on earth
>>
>>387211220
I thought it was a lot of fun and pretty comfy, actually.

>>387211872
I literally said "WERE THEY EVER WORKING ON IT?" implying that they are not anymore.
>>
>>387211220
The cliff battle is a better designed combat encounter than any in the original HL2.
>>
Didn't valve already blatantly announce that they're not going to make it ever?
>>
>>387208257
>halflifebabby still waiting for half life 3
Get over yourself, faggot. It isn't coming out.
>>
>>387213878
No? Any kind of confirmation whether positive or negative would be headline news, and there hasn't been headline news for Half-Life in a decade. Valve are eternally ambiguous about it.
>>
>>387211220
It feels like a level that was inexplicably cut from Half Life 2. Just as polished as any other map from that game.
>>
>The original episode 3 was literally far enough into development that they were planning to release a trailer at the end of episode 2, similar to how they did in the first
>many mechanics planned for episode 3 were likely 99% done (i.e. Advisor fight mechanics) and just needed tweeking
>Even if Episode 3 wasn't as good as everyone would've hoped, at the very least it would been a conclusion to the Half Life 2 arc, and it wouldn't have evolved into this abortion of a meme it is today

What was valve thinking? It's clear they were nearly finished with Episode 3, why not just release what they had? FUCK at this point they should just release like a documentary or some shit explaining the original ending and why it ultimately didn't come to fruition. Could it have been that bad? stupid. Now they've backed themselves into a god damn corner.
>>
>>387208257
Episode 3 never left concept stages and they are not working on any kind of Half Life game this is fact.
>>
Valve should just make it steambox exclusive. They'd sell their piece of trash hardware like hot cakes with all the retards memeing this shit. Most people "waiting for HL3" are people who fell for the hype of something they never knew, it's like those "the cake is a lie retards", they're in for the memes, they don't give a shit about the game.
But the people who were really waiting for HL3, they know Valve is over, they know valve is just a glorified DRM, that they don't need to make HL3 and we have stopped waiting for HL3.
I can see myself back in 2004, playing HL2 for the first time, the problems with steam which was a complete piece of shit. It's like it was yesterday, and I remember it fondly.
Now I have a wife and 2 kids, and I see here and there on the internet people who were 2 or 3 yo sometimes not even born in 2003 who say they want HL3. I don't. I know it wouldn't be as good, I know it wouldn't make me feel the same as I felt more than a decade ago. HL3 will never happen. For once a company will prefer not soiling their legacy (as devs) for some money. And I can respect that.
>>
>yfw in another few years they will release 'The Black Box' which has Half Life 1, Half Life 2, Half Life 2: Episode 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 remastered in Source 2 as well as Half Life 3 in Source 2
>>
File: feel.jpg (41KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
41KB, 535x577px
>>387215858
>wait, what's this black piece of paper coming with my 1950pro
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.